Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic How long until this is ddo? (Read 8142 times)
Billy the Id
Ex Member

How long until this is ddo?
Feb 13th, 2017 at 10:23pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Re: How long until this is ddo?
Reply #1 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
FOAD plz, kfanx.

IP Logged

Billy the Id
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Feb 13th, 2017 at 10:40pm:
FOAD plz, kfanx.

Sorry Puerto but I will not Fuck you. Even though you begged with the traditional Puerto Rican prostitute slang of "Fuck Our Ass Daily" and said please and thank you I will not grant your sad little brown gay boy fantasy of taking my massive viking cock in your ass no matter how much you continue to beg for it.   

You can go now.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Ok b gay and FOAD?

IP Logged

Billy the Id
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Feb 13th, 2017 at 10:48pm:
Ok b gay and FOAD?

Nah, even if I was gay I wouldn't touch a little piece of submissive shit like you Puerto. And look how you just begged for my mighty Thor in your ass again.   Get help,  surely San Juan must have some counseling for pathetic little male prostitutes like you who live off the public.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #5 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Nah, even if I was gay I wouldn't touch a little piece of submissive shit like you Puerto. And look how you just begged for my mighty Thor in your ass again.   Get help,  surely San Juan must have some counseling for pathetic little male prostitutes like you who live off the public.

Not ghey?

IP Logged

Billy the Id
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Feb 13th, 2017 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
Nope, only faggot here is you Puerto Potty. So go suck that tourist cock bang-boy or I'll have to start charging you for the spankings I keep doling out to you. 

So easy to troll you into posting.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 8:11am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Feb 13th, 2017 at 11:01pm:
Not ghey?

[] wrote on Feb 8th, 2017 at 1:02pm:
Gaiz?

Well which is it?  Not ghey or gaiz?

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #8 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
the dangers of licensing and copyright laws. this is a valid example of what i believe is a major issue in current laws regarding commerce. most laws regarding business are designed by lobbyists who wish to ensure their current business models are not affected by advances in technology. the war on piracy, the rising prominence of subscription, rental, licensing, and the implementation of copyright protection technology are all examples of businesses vehemently holding back an inevitable loss of profits due technological advancements. businesses need to evolve with technology. today, with regards to asserons call, a majority of the players of this game could have hosted this on their cell phone. why not just release the source code to the public? the reason that companies must privatize their creations in such a manner is an uncertainty of generating revenue.

lets consider ddo for a moment. if ssg didnt exclusively host the servers, this would saturate the available server pool. with so many servers to join, servers would need to incentivize play on their own. it might start with minor edits like run speed and xp buffs but ends with abilities that override ddo store money pits. it is inevitable. why join the khyber with 50 ping and spend money on xp pots when u can join the khyber with 200 ping that gives 50% more xp for all quests? that is one example of how their current business model could suffer. why would a business license their content to ssg for use in a game, if neither entity stands to profit? if either entity might breach a pre-existing contract through these actions?

another drawback to custom/user made servers is game balance. it is impossible to control all the variables when a game server is released on that scale. somewhere, a server will exist that has 100% named drop rates, or permanent god mode, or user commands to grant XP. servers where you donate money for those abilities. these are threats to a game longevity, which makes them threats to its profitability. The goal is to make money- not lose it.

these are great arguments for why current business models should avoid client hosted servers. however, i believe that this only proves that the business model itself is outdated. a better business model would be to remove the cost of hosting, and allow clients to take that burden by granting their wish for "user hosted servers"

i think the next step for game software, is some form of p2p based server, that exists solely on the computers of its players. comparable in implementation to bitcoin or torrenting, the code would exist on all players computers simultaneously, and be modified on each PC in real time. this could in theory allow a game to have unlimited space, and unlimited life, as long as it existed on that network. it would eliminate the issues of lag by localizing non vital communication, it would eliminate the cost of outsourced hosting resources in exchange for cheaper inhouse programming and maintenance resources. this type of implementation could also address the concerns of user modification through syncing and hashes. finally, it would serve to lump all servers- client and commercial, into one global entity- granting unparalleled unification of players.

i think all business is too unwilling to evolve due to the risk of failure. media industry needs to realize that downloading files is easier than buying a CD. news industry needs to learn that people have the internet and fact check. and gaming industry needs to learn the value of its clients.

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #9 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Nope, only faggot here is you Puerto Potty. So go suck that tourist cock bang-boy or I'll have to start charging you for the spankings I keep doling out to you. 

So easy to troll you into posting.

Meanwhile, I'm trolling him into posting gayness with single sentence posts; he's not only working hard, typing all that faggotry, he's also a faggot.  Makes sense.

Cheesy

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #10 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
If you pay attention to the desc it says today "thousands of players" so in short that will never happen to ddo.
Ddo doesn't even have 1000 players, don't even mention multiple 1000s

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Still a long ways off, five years, minimum. AC could have gone on for another 5-10 years just off of a donation button.

Someone at WB WANTED it dead, and as offensively as possible.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

nagus
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
[] wrote on Feb 14th, 2017 at 1:08pm:
Meanwhile, I'm trolling him into posting gayness with single sentence posts; he's not only working hard, typing all that faggotry, he's also a faggot.  Makes sense.

Yeah right... you know as much about trolling as you do about skiing:

[] wrote on Jan 16th, 2017 at 4:08am:
black flags,

Black flags.... my god what a dumbshit noob.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #13 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 3:00am
Print Post  
There can't be more than one homosexual negroid THIS fucking stupid: proof all these handles are but one poster.

Cool

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
I knew staff who left GS4 to work on AC when it was in development... wonder where they ended up...?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #15 - Feb 15th, 2017 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Given that AC was "in development" 20 years ago, they've had time for a complete career change since then Tongue

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #16 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Feb 14th, 2017 at 1:08pm:
these are great arguments for why current business models should avoid client hosted servers. however, i believe that this only proves that the business model itself is outdated. a better business model would be to remove the cost of hosting, and allow clients to take that burden by granting their wish for "user hosted servers"

i think the next step for game software, is some form of p2p based server, that exists solely on the computers of its players. comparable in implementation to bitcoin or torrenting, the code would exist on all players computers simultaneously, and be modified on each PC in real time. this could in theory allow a game to have unlimited space, and unlimited life, as long as it existed on that network. it would eliminate the issues of lag by localizing non vital communication, it would eliminate the cost of outsourced hosting resources in exchange for cheaper inhouse programming and maintenance resources. this type of implementation could also address the concerns of user modification through syncing and hashes. finally, it would serve to lump all servers- client and commercial, into one global entity- granting unparalleled unification of players.

i think all business is too unwilling to evolve due to the risk of failure. media industry needs to realize that downloading files is easier than buying a CD. news industry needs to learn that people have the internet and fact check. and gaming industry needs to learn the value of its clients.

I may sometimes find abrasive the way you say something, but yet again what you say is perceptive and to the point, well said.

Your arguments need no further elaboration, but a supporting example might help - Minecraft pushes the server code to clients and reserves for themselves only the license checks. Their model is slightly simpler than the microtransaction model MMOs use, but even a moderately well informed developer could adapt the practice for use with an MMO.

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #17 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Feb 16th, 2017 at 6:43pm:
I may sometimes find abrasive the way you say something, but yet again what you say is perceptive and to the point, well said.

Your arguments need no further elaboration, but a supporting example might help - Minecraft pushes the server code to clients and reserves for themselves only the license checks. Their model is slightly simpler than the microtransaction model MMOs use, but even a moderately well informed developer could adapt the practice for use with an MMO.

Large scale minecraft worlds require dedicates servers with powerful hardware. The model you are referring to only works to support a few dozen users, tops. To support hundreds, you need a machine of the same calibur it takes to host an MMO.

Eighnus's sentiments, while noble, are at best an ether-induced hallucination. The "torrents/bitcoin" model works because it is slow. The system is usable as fast or as slow as it needs to be(we all torrented back in the days of freaking dial-up), and is very highly adaptable to changes in speed. The amount of hand-shaking and redundancy required to make it work is ok, because at the end of the day its doing something really simple.

The same concept cannot be applied to an MMO.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #18 - Feb 17th, 2017 at 8:24am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 16th, 2017 at 7:28pm:
Large scale minecraft worlds require dedicates servers with powerful hardware. The model you are referring to only works to support a few dozen users, tops. To support hundreds, you need a machine of the same calibur it takes to host an MMO.

Eighnus's sentiments, while noble, are at best an ether-induced hallucination. The "torrents/bitcoin" model works because it is slow. The system is usable as fast or as slow as it needs to be(we all torrented back in the days of freaking dial-up), and is very highly adaptable to changes in speed. The amount of hand-shaking and redundancy required to make it work is ok, because at the end of the day its doing something really simple.

The same concept cannot be applied to an MMO.

I did specify at least a moderately well informed developer, so your failure to grasp the potential in no way disproves my assertion. Eighnuss, do you want to take it from here with what you do so well?

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #19 - Feb 17th, 2017 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Feb 17th, 2017 at 8:24am:
I did specify at least a moderately well informed developer, so your failure to grasp the potential in no way disproves my assertion. Eighnuss, do you want to take it from here with what you do so well?

He's right though.  Yeah, there's potential, but we're nowhere near there in terms of hardware/net capability.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #20 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 1:01am
Print Post  
your example is bad because its not an example at all. pretty much every client side software is just a neutered server software. they are the same entity if you will, but the client does not need certain aspects and services that the server would utilize. the minecraft example is simply not an example. if there was an example better than bitcoin or torrenting, i wouldnt need to claim that it was the future of gaming and would instead give examples of how it was the present standard of gaming.

with the advances in quantum and organic computing as well as the recent matter state science advances, this is the only way forward. the speed at which computing occurs grows exponentially, as does the quality of the service. google fiber can offer 1000x the speeds of current high end fiber optics. once this technology proliferates, everyone relevant to YOU will be using it.

i see the future of gaming in some form of cloud based p2p software.

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #21 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 2:25am
Print Post  
You can't trust clients.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #22 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Feb 18th, 2017 at 2:25am:
You can't trust clients.

maybe in like 1990

but try telling that to bitcoin, torrents, and hashes

and if there were no technological hurdles to overcome, this would not be future tech but present tech we are discussing. come back to this for debate in 10 years not 10 days

https://bitcoin.org/en/how-it-works
Quote:
The block chain is a shared public ledger on which the entire Bitcoin network relies. All confirmed transactions are included in the block chain. This way, Bitcoin wallets can calculate their spendable balance and new transactions can be verified to be spending bitcoins that are actually owned by the spender. The integrity and the chronological order of the block chain are enforced with cryptography.

Transactions - private keys

A transaction is a transfer of value between Bitcoin wallets that gets included in the block chain. Bitcoin wallets keep a secret piece of data called a private key or seed, which is used to sign transactions, providing a mathematical proof that they have come from the owner of the wallet. The signature also prevents the transaction from being altered by anybody once it has been issued. All transactions are broadcast between users.
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2017 at 10:00am by eighnuss »  

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #23 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Feb 18th, 2017 at 9:56am:
and if there were no technological hurdles to overcome, this would not be future tech but present tech we are discussing. come back to this for debate in 10 years not 10 days

Ah Pook wrote on Feb 17th, 2017 at 3:46pm:
Yeah, there's potential, but we're nowhere near there in terms of hardware/net capability.

I mean, I like the idea.  The obvious extension is "last one out, turn off the lights" - the last two people playing could group together.

I don't get the bitcoin relation.  You're using transactions for what, exactly?  To confirm that I only hit for 12,000 light damage/swing?

You can't trust clients, especially when they're servers too.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #24 - Feb 19th, 2017 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Gizay?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint