Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Reaper XP (Read 5090 times)
Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reaper XP
Feb 14th, 2017 at 6:30am
Print Post  
Read in awe as the Excitable Profusor attempts to clear up prior misinformation his team has managed to circulate and only manages to introduce further misinformation, cite mechanics which do not exist, and confuse the fuck out of anyone with a brain who read his post expecting to be informed about the mechanics of reaper XP.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/483827-Reaper-XP

Quote:
Greetings!

We have had some questions about how Reaper XP is calculated, so I wanted to post some details about how we award it.

First, some news:

~ Reaper XP is currently not getting a modifier for dungeon length as intended and explained below. That is a bug and will be fixed in an upcoming patch.

~ Like normal experience points, Reaper XP inherited the True Reincarnation experience penalty. We have had inquiries into this from players and internal discussion, and we agree that this not only makes little sense, but unduly penalizes long term characters. We are removing this penalty for an upcoming patch or hotfix.

That said, here are some details about Reaper XP and how it is awarded.

Reaper Experience starts with a base formula as follows:

50 + (3 * Base Challenge Rating of the Dungeon/Raid * Number of Reaper Skulls)

This total is then modified by a whole slew of experience related adjustments as follows:

BUGGED: This first multiplier is bugged and does not apply until the next time we update.
1.) We multiply the base XP by a factor for dungeon length.

• Short dungeons have a multiplier of 0.9
• Medium dungeons have a multiplier of 1.0
• Long dungeons have a multiplier of 1.1
• Very Long dungeons have a multiplier of 1.2

2.) We take the level of the highest party member and compare it to the effective challenge rating, like normal XP. This creates a “spread” between the difficulty of the dungeon and the highest party member. Note this uses the increased challenge rating based on elite, not the base challenge rating (in other words, the rating for Normal). As an example, a level 31 dungeon on Reaper has an effective level of 33; we use the 33 as the comparison.

A level 20+ character gets no Reaper XP for any dungeon less than 20. This leaves a little leeway, since dungeons with a base Challenge Rating of 18 would still have an effective level of 20. This check returns a penalty of -100%. That doesn’t mean you won’t get XP, just that your XP will be reduced by the full base amount.

Once the spread is determined we apply the following penalty:

• If there is a 1 level difference: -20% of base XP.
• If there is a 2 level difference: -50% of base XP.
• If there is a 3 level difference: -70% of base XP
• If there is a 4 level difference: -80% of base XP
• If there is a 5 level difference: -90% of base XP.
• If there is a 6 level difference: -95% of base XP.

Note that this is not a multiplier to all XP, but rather a penalty to total XP based on the base XP. It works the same way as the normal XP penalty.

3.) Like normal XP, we modify the XP to account for power leveling if players are below level 20. We determine the spread between your level and the highest level in the party; if the spread is 4 or more, then a penalty is applied equal to 50% of base XP per level of difference.

4.) Reaper XP is modified for repetition. This is basically the Reaper version of the Ransack bonus.

First, if this is your first time completing this dungeon on Reaper mode we apply a 200% bonus. Like other XP bonuses, this bonus is not a multiplier to total Reaper XP, but rather an addition of 200% of the base Reaper XP.

If this is not your first time completing the dungeon, then we apply the same ransack penalties to Reaper XP that we would for normal XP.

5.) We modify the XP for Reaper XP during group bonus events the same way we increase normal XP. This means that during group weekend events, Reaper XP will be increased as your group size increases just like normal XP.

6.) We modify the XP for bonus Reaper XP events.

7.) Reaper XP is modified if a player enters well after the start time just like normal XP.

8.) Reaper XP is modified by various progress made in the dungeon.

• Players get the monsters killed bonus.
• Players get the chests looted bonus.
• Players get the traps disabled bonus.
• Players get the secret doors found bonus.
• Players get the breakables smashed bonus.

9.) Reaper XP is reduced for a player's True Reincarnation penalty. This will be removed in a future patch.

10.) Reaper XP is boosted by items that provide a permanent XP boost.

11.) Failed quests add no Reaper XP.

12.) If this is the first quest you have run today, you get the same bonus to Reaper XP that you would get to normal XP.

The following bonuses are not applied as additions or penalties of base Reaper XP like the above, but instead are multipliers to total Reaper XP applied after the fact.

13.) Any XP items that boost normal XP also boost Reaper XP. This includes web store items, in game items like Voice of the Master and Mantle of the World Shaper, and the Shrine of Experience from your guild Air Ship. This bonus is applied to total Reaper XP, and it is shown as a message in the chat log.

14.) The VIP bonus applies to Reaper XP is the same way as normal XP. This bonus is applied to total Reaper XP, and it is shown as a message in the chat log.

Sev~

Shall I compare thee to an ignorant fuck?
Thou art more clueless and more intemperate.

Quote:
2.) We take the level of the highest party member and compare it to the effective challenge rating, like normal XP. This creates a “spread” between the difficulty of the dungeon and the highest party member. Note this uses the increased challenge rating based on elite, not the base challenge rating (in other words, the rating for Normal). As an example, a level 31 dungeon on Reaper has an effective level of 33; we use the 33 as the comparison.

Here we have a carefully described situation, using examples, which is just wrong in every way possible.
"Note this uses the increased challenge rating based on elite, not the base challenge rating (in other words, the rating for Normal)."
Note that this is absolutely incorrect.  The normal level is all that matters when it comes time to apply the reaper XP penalty.

You would expect the guy in charge to know this and to be able to communicate it accurately, especially in a thread which was specifically stated to be intended to clear up misconceptions about the reaper XP system.  But instead he is only providing more misinformation.

Quote:
This leaves a little leeway, since dungeons with a base Challenge Rating of 18 would still have an effective level of 20.

This "leeway" does not exist.  A character at level 20 simply cannot enter a quest with a base level (Challenge Rating) of <20.

You would expect the guy in charge to know this and to be able to communicate it accurately, especially in a thread which was specifically stated to be intended to clear up misconceptions about the reaper XP system.  But instead he is only providing more misinformation.

Quote:
Once the spread is determined we apply the following penalty:

• If there is a 1 level difference: -20% of base XP.
• If there is a 2 level difference: -50% of base XP.
• If there is a 3 level difference: -70% of base XP
• If there is a 4 level difference: -80% of base XP
• If there is a 5 level difference: -90% of base XP.
• If there is a 6 level difference: -95% of base XP.

Note that this is not a multiplier to all XP, but rather a penalty to total XP based on the base XP. It works the same way as the normal XP penalty.

It does not "work the same way as the normal XP penalty," because there is no heroic XP penalty based on quest base level.  Instead the XP is awarded based on the adjusted level, while reaper XP is awarded based on the base level.

Quote:

This is a thing which does not and has never existed.

Quote:
Like normal experience points, Reaper XP inherited the True Reincarnation experience penalty.

There is no such thing as a True Reincarnation experience penalty.  Players on a second, third or higher life require more XP to level up, but they are awarded the exact same amount of XP for completing a quest.

Cordovan said:
Quote:
Whether it is a penalty or just more XP needed is up for interpretation

No, it isn't up for interpretation, it is exactly "just more XP needed."  This is like a Trump shill citing "Alternative facts."  Facts are facts, and you can't say they are "up for interpretation" and not come across as an uneducated cunt.  XP rewards are the same regardless of number of past lives.  Speaking of a non-existent "True Reincarnation experience penalty" as if it exists is just doublespeak thrown out to try to protect the pointy-haired boss when he says stupid things that make no sense.

Quote:
First, if this is your first time completing this dungeon on Reaper mode we apply a 200% bonus. Like other XP bonuses, this bonus is not a multiplier to total Reaper XP, but rather an addition of 200% of the base Reaper XP.

The first time completion bonus is 120%, not 200%.  It can be raised to 200% if the player has a full 30% reaper BB and 50% streak bonus.  But it isn't just 200%

Quote:
11.) Failed quests add no Reaper XP.

This is especially amusing, as it implies that the Exclusive Cabbagehead thinks that any kind of XP has ever been awarded for a failed quest.

Quote:
12.) If this is the first quest you have run today, you get the same bonus to Reaper XP that you would get to normal XP.

Yet another mechanic which does not exist.  There is a bonus to XP if you have not run the quest previously in a given day, but it applies to every quest run on any particular day and has nothing to do with which quest you run first on any given day.

Or at the very least you might expect a professional who should be well aware of his utter lack of knowledge about the game he is "producing" (don't strain so hard at your stool, that's how Elvis died!) to ask one of his minions to fact check him before he posts a Trump-like series of falsehoods, inaccuracies, and outright lies that can only serve to embarrass him and cause him to either double down on his idiocy or to turtle up and ignore the paying customers while he comes up with more ways to wreck the ship.

This doesn't bother to cover all the points made by the math-heads who have cited in this thread how wrong his stated figures are.  I don't have any way as yet to confirm or deny their figures, although given the record of the Exclusive Prodstick in this thread alone I'd say that smart money bets that they are right and that he is wrong.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Re: Reaper XP
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 6:59am
Print Post  
In other news, water is wet Cheesy

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #2 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Sad!  Cheesy

smh  Sad

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #3 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:

That was my favourite part, I think.  "Wait, the what?"   Huh

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #4 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Sev was tired of hearing about casting rez on his soulstone. He wanted more variety.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #5 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
This thread is probably my favorite dev thread ever.

Never have I had such a mirthful time.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Has anyone dared to correct his "facts" in the shithole forums?

I'm guessing he'll go to ground while he changes the game to match his version of it.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #7 - Feb 14th, 2017 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Feb 14th, 2017 at 5:27pm:
Has anyone dared to correct his "facts" in the shithole forums?

I'm guessing he'll go to ground while he changes the game to match his version of it.

Every.Single.One.Poster.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint