Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Are most DDO players gay? (Read 7730 times)
Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Are most DDO players gay?
Feb 16th, 2017 at 1:08am
Print Post  
So when I come online I usually just check the LFM board to see if anyone has a grp up for something in range and if not I'll go ahead and post a group.

I also notice that often times people have a group up with no one in it so far and no one joins their groups.  I will see this a few times over a few days, i.e. the same person with an LFM up with no one in their group.   

So because Im not a fucking douchebag,  I will hit that person's LFM if its something I am in range for, at which point usually the group will fill up as per usual.   

I will then start to see that person's LFM's have people in them when I come online, whereas before that person's LFM was always up with no one joining. 

At this point still without thinking too much into it, I sometimes post an LFM for something.   What I start to notice over an extended period of time, is that the people who I joined their LFM when they had no one in it, won't ever join my LFM.  Occassionally I will see these people join my LFM if its already mostly filled. 

So its like there is definitely something going on.   The only people who tend to join my LFM are like unknown people, even though everyone of significance knows me and knows I am a top tier player.  Its like there is some type of strange hierarchy going on.   

I see other same skilled class players with LFM's up with no one joining.  I say hey I know this guy we've grped over the years, I'll hit his LFM, the group fills.. and then I see that guy with a group up most of the time with people in it.   I then post an LFM and it sits and no one joins even though I see these same people elligible and ungrouped. 

So of course this begs the question.. are most DDO players flaming homoqueers?   Honestly that is the only conclusion I can come to.   Thoughts? Feedback?

« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2017 at 1:08am by Daggertooth »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Re: Are most DDO players gay?
Reply #1 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 2:06am
Print Post  
Fag-baiting, and look who bites!

Cheesy

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 3:53am
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Feb 16th, 2017 at 1:08am:
So when I come online I usually just check the LFM board to see if anyone has a grp up for something in range and if not I'll go ahead and post a group.

I also notice that often times people have a group up with no one in it so far and no one joins their groups.  I will see this a few times over a few days, i.e. the same person with an LFM up with no one in their group.   

So because Im not a fucking douchebag,  I will hit that person's LFM if its something I am in range for, at which point usually the group will fill up as per usual.   

I will then start to see that person's LFM's have people in them when I come online, whereas before that person's LFM was always up with no one joining. 

At this point still without thinking too much into it, I sometimes post an LFM for something.   What I start to notice over an extended period of time, is that the people who I joined their LFM when they had no one in it, won't ever join my LFM.  Occassionally I will see these people join my LFM if its already mostly filled. 

So its like there is definitely something going on.   The only people who tend to join my LFM are like unknown people, even though everyone of significance knows me and knows I am a top tier player.  Its like there is some type of strange hierarchy going on.   

I see other same skilled class players with LFM's up with no one joining.  I say hey I know this guy we've grped over the years, I'll hit his LFM, the group fills.. and then I see that guy with a group up most of the time with people in it.   I then post an LFM and it sits and no one joins even though I see these same people elligible and ungrouped. 

So of course this begs the question.. are most DDO players flaming homoqueers?   Honestly that is the only conclusion I can come to.   Thoughts? Feedback?

I think what you are experiencing there, is...ah, I will establish my statement later, first, let us see a few things.
1, People tend to join friends or guildies, and ppl posting lfms tend to accept those same people as well
2, What you see in lfm is bugged: first always click on Who panel, click inside the search tab, press enter, then u'll notice the who list starting to expand. When you switch back to LFparty tab, you will notice that surprise-surprise, a party that seemed to have only 2 ppl in it has actually 5 ppl in it, as lfm does not update properly.

I guess what I am saying is: it is not really a question of ddo players being gay really, more like you being retarded (and most likely gay too), for making a lot of outlandish, far fetched and dumb statements based on some personal experience. The red part clearly points toward this fact.

You are welcome.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #3 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 4:25am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Feb 16th, 2017 at 3:53am:
more like you being retarded (and most likely gay too), for making a lot of outlandish, far fetched and dumb statements based on some personal experience. The red part clearly points toward this fact.

It's P4Potty's sock, dude. Need I say more?
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2017 at 4:26am by Alex DeLarge »  

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #4 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 6:05am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Feb 16th, 2017 at 4:25am:
It's P4Potty's sock, dude. Need I say more?

I wanted to prove it Poirot-style, instead of ad-hominem style based on prior knowledge.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #5 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 7:17am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Feb 16th, 2017 at 6:05am:
I wanted to prove it Poirot-style, instead of ad-hominem style based on prior knowledge.

Could have added a point that "if Most DDO players were gay, his LFMs would fill in matter of seconds, regardless of circumstance because he's the flamiest of them all."

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 7:22am
Print Post  

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #7 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
are your lfg IP

there are people who wait for you to begin the quest before joining. there are also people who wait as long as possible before joining. if you never begin the quest, those 2 groups are excluded from the pool of potential joiners.

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #8 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Alex Delange deleted his bait taking post.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #9 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Feb 16th, 2017 at 1:08pm:
are your lfg IP

there are people who wait for you to begin the quest before joining.

I'm guilty of that.  Got shit to do!  If you're serious, get started, and I'll show up to save you.   Grin

Had a von5 full group the other day that took like 25 minutes to start.  Everybody was just standing around waiting for the leader to go.  zzzzzzzz

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #10 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
I don't generally have a problem joining LFM's or having people apply to LFM's that I create. 

The only issue I've seen is that reaper has spread out the population a little more than normal and killed epic lfm's and end game lfm's. 

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #11 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Simple, it's because no one can stand to live-interact with you more than once.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Feb 16th, 2017 at 3:09pm:
The only issue I've seen is that reaper has spread out the population a little more than normal and killed epic lfm's and end game lfm's.

That's been an increasing problem since MOTU. Prior to MOTU, once people flagged for Shroud, the population was only separated by the Epic ready and level capped players from non-Epic playing populace.

Calm down please. No reason to be excited.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #13 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
How about free transfers out of the lowest-populated server, to any of your choice?

Guilds and toon names seem to be the biggest issue people have.  I can't imagine the guild thing is real hard to fix - there's only a static number of buffs for a ship anyway.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #14 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
It may also be quest selection. I typically only do one and done per quest per life.  If your LFM is for shit I've already done, I am probably not joining you.

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
no. wrote on Feb 16th, 2017 at 5:03pm:
It may also be quest selection. I typically only do one and done per quest per life.  If your LFM is for shit I've already done, I am probably not joining you. 

I don't mind joining for something I've done as long as I'm not burnt out on it.   I'll also go out of my way to hit up someone's LFM if they hit mine up recently.

Sadly that not only doesn't seem to be the case with most people, but joining their group is almost like getting mugged in a back alley and having your wallet stolen, as you will see them alone for days with not a single person willing to join them.. then you do them the favor of joining their LFM and the next thing you know for days /weeks afterwards they are like the go to leaders, constantly with people in their group. 
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2017 at 9:13pm by Daggertooth »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #16 - Feb 17th, 2017 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Feb 16th, 2017 at 9:10pm:
I don't mind joining for something I've done as long as I'm not burnt out on it.   I'll also go out of my way to hit up someone's LFM if they hit mine up recently.

Sadly that not only doesn't seem to be the case with most people, but joining their group is almost like getting mugged in a back alley and having your wallet stolen, as you will see them alone for days with not a single person willing to join them.. then you do them the favor of joining their LFM and the next thing you know for days /weeks afterwards they are like the go to leaders, constantly with people in their group. 

It is possible you are putting way too much thought and energy into this social/psycho-analysis of the LFM panel on your server.  Try this:

1) Login.
2) Check the LFM Panel.  If there is an LFM up for content you want to run, join it.
3) If there isn't, start your own LFM for content you want to run.
4) Start running the content.  If people join, great.  If not, who cares?
5) When finished with the run, go back to step 2 and repeat until you are out of gaming time for the day.

Unless you are trying to fill a raid, who cares if people are joining some other LFM or your LFM?

IP Logged

goldgolem
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Feb 17th, 2017 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
just OP

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Feb 17th, 2017 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
It's because OP is a bundle of sticks.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #19 - Feb 17th, 2017 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Honestly that is the only conclusion I can come to.   Thoughts? Feedback?

They have you on /ignore.
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2017 at 5:26pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #20 - Feb 17th, 2017 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
OP is OP in his OP shirt.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Feb 16th, 2017 at 7:22am:

Awesome awesome stuff... for some real gold check this thread I started back in 2011:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/353436-Make-join-requests-visible-to-t...

Read to the second page at least to get a real feel for what douchebags everyone was even back then and how I was always right about everything and way ahead of everyone else.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #22 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Feb 18th, 2017 at 5:44pm:
Awesome awesome stuff... for some real gold check this thread I started back in 2011:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/353436-Make-join-requests-visible-to-t...

Read to the second page at least to get a real feel for what douchebags everyone was even back then and how I was always right about everything and way ahead of everyone else.

I like how literally every response to that is telling you that you're retarded.  Every single one.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Feb 18th, 2017 at 5:59pm:
I like how literally every response to that is telling you that you're retarded.  Every single one.

I know, luckily the player base in general has evolved quite a bit since then.  It took a lot of work for me to get them to where they are now.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #24 - Feb 18th, 2017 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
Most players are both gay and retarded.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint