Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U35 Release Notes - Racial Reincarnation (Read 44037 times)
Bones
Stormreaver Piker

U35 Release Notes - Racial Reincarnation
Mar 2nd, 2017 at 11:44am
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/484623-Lamannia-Update-35-Release-Note...

Quote:
Here are the Lamannia Release Notes for Update 35, released for preview on 3/7/2017. These notes will change over time.

Of Special Note:

Dragonborn
A new player race is available! The Dragonborn is free to VIP players, and available to purchase in the DDO Store for everyone else. NOTE: Character paths are not available for Dragonborn characters at this time.

New Raid
A new raid is now available for preview! Riding the Storm Out can be accessed by the NPC named Dalwyneth, located near the fountain in the Stormreach Marketplace.

Two New Quests
Two new quests are now available for preview! Both The Newcomers and Black and Blue can be accessed by the NPC's Yoldorim and Mikyra respectively, located near the fountain in the Stormreach Marketplace.

Racial Reincarnation
Players can now choose to have their characters undergo a racial reincarnation! The process is similar to a True Reincarnation, and can be done by visiting the Reincarnation Grove in the Hall of Heroes. A new item called a Heart of Blood is needed for Reincarnation, which can be purchased in the DDO Store and via Tokens of the Twelve.

News and Notes:

Combat
Monsters killed by instant death effects will now share their aggro normally to their allies.

Dragonborn
Dragonborn's enhancement tree is available for preview.

Enhancements

•Vanguard's Melee Power Boost now properly benefits from abilities that grant Extra Action Boosts.
   •Vanguard's Melee Power Boost now has a cooldown consistent with other Action Boosts.
   •Vanguard's Melee Power Boost is now Melee and Ranged Power.
   •Vanguard's Melee and Ranged Power Boost now shares a cooldown with other Action Boosts.
   •Ravager's Melee Power Boost now has text properly reflecting that it also grants Ranged Power.
   •Battle Engineer's Action Boost: Damage has been changed to Action Boost: Melee and Ranged Power.
   •Weapon Attachment's cooldown is now 15 seconds for Warforged, Bladeforged, and Artificers. Its induction time is now 2 seconds, and will no longer disappear when traveling through portals.
   •Henshin Mystic's Balance in Dawn's healing now scales properly in Reaper difficulty.

Many racial enhancement trees have been adjusted. The adjustments are as follows:

Warforged and Bladeforged
   •Repair Systems has had its cost reduced to 1 Action Point per rank.
   •(Warforged Only): Mithral Fluidity reduces Armor Check by 2/4/6.
   •Warforged's Adamantine Fluidity is now 4/8/12.
   •Bladeforged's Brute Fighting now matches the rest of the game.
   •Improved Power Attack is now 1 AP.
   •(Warforged Only): There is now a new enhancement called Memories of the Last War, which is a Tier 3 and 4 enhancement which requires 15 AP spent in the tree, and costs 1 AP:
      •Choose from the following:
        •+15 Determination Bonus to Melee and Ranged Power
        •+25 Determination Bonus to Universal Spell Power
        •+3 Determination Bonus to all Saving Throws.
        •+8 Determination Bonus to Armor Class and Physical Resistance Rating.
        •The Tier 4 version allows a character to make a second choice from the above list that is not the same as the one selected for Tier 3.

Half-orc
   •Orcish Weapon Training is now +1/2/3/4 to-hit and damage with one-handed Melee weapons, and +2/4/6/8 with two-handed Melee weapons.
   •Lock Bash is no longer tied to a Dragonmark or Sunder. This enhancement now has a cooldown, and a new animation. Lock Bash is no longer influenced by or required to have Thieves' Tools.
   •Orcish Rage is now an Action Boost: Orcish Rage now grants +40 Melee Power and a +2 Primal Bonus to Strength, and no longer reduces Physical Resistance Rating. Orcish Rage continues to prevent spellcasting, and causes monks to be uncentered. This Action Boost shares a cooldown with other Action Boosts.
   •Improved Power Attack is now 1 AP.
   •Power Rage now has a third rank, and the Barbarian requirement has been removed.
   •Brutality is no longer specific to two-handed weapons.
   •Raging Crush no longer has limited uses, nor requires Raging. Raging Crush does +3[W] and has a 30 second cooldown.

Half-elf
   •Improved Dilettante has had its cost reduced to 1 AP.
   •Dilettantes now have the following benefits in addition to what they already do, unless indicated:
      •Artificer: +30 Spell Points
      •Barbarian: +10 (instead of +5) Hit Points
      •Bard: +30 Spell Points
      •Cleric: +30 Spell Points
      •Druid: +30 Spell Points
      •Favored Soul: +30 Spell Points
      •Fighter: +1 to hit
      •Monk: Removed the Centered requirement
      •Sorcerer: +30 Spell Points
      •Wizard: +30 Spell Points
   •Half-elf Dilletante Tier 2:
      •Spellcasting: Increased Spell Power to +5.
      •Fixed base damage of Sly Flourish to +1[W].
   •Half-elf Dilletante Tier 4:
      •Barbarian: +10 Hit Points
      •Spellcasting: Spell Power has been increased to +5
      •Rogue: Cooldown is now 30 seconds. The Saving Throw has been updated to properly reflect full character level, and the Bomb DC boost has had scaling added.
   •Diplomatic Immunity now lasts for 60 seconds, or until you attack, and now has a 120 second cooldown.

Dwarf
   •Child of the Mountain no longer reduces Reflex Saving Throws.
   •Dwarven Hands of Stone's DC is now 10 + Character Level + Constitution modifier + Transmutation Bonuses
   •Dwarf Fortress now works when wielding a Thrown Weapon with your Shield.
   •Bonus to damage is now a unique bonus to Melee and ranged Power

Drow
  •Vermin Lore: Damage has been increased to +3/6/9
   •Ambidexterity is now 1 AP per rank.
   •Faerie Fire no longer has a Saving Throw, its effect now lasts for 10 seconds, it no longer uses charges, and now costs 2 Spell Points. The Druid spell version also no longer has a Saving Throw, and lasts for 10 seconds.
   •Darkfire's description has been updated to correct its DC. This SLA now scales with 150% Spell Power, costs 5 Spell Points, and cannot be countered.
   •Darkfire is affected by the Empower, Maximize, Quicken, Enlarge, and Intensify Metamagic Feats.

Elf
  •Nothing is Hidden has had its cost reduced to 1 AP. This also applies to Drow, Morninglord, and Shadar-kai.

Shadar-kai
  •Spiked Chain Attacks (and their upgrade effects) now scale with 200% Melee Power.
   •Winter Favored now scaled with Melee Power.
   •Vicious, Slashing, and Forceful Chain have had their cost reduced to 1 AP.

Epic Destinies

•Legendary Dreadnought's Damage Boost is now Melee and Ranged Power.
   •Legendary Dreadnought's Action Boosts should not fail as often when activating several things rapidly.

Items

•Heroic Executioner's Platemail was using Epic Armor Class values. This has been corrected.
   •Players with outdated versions of Firebreak (Heroic and Epic), Wall of Wood (Heroic and Epic), and the Epic Corruption of Nature can now update these items in the Stone of Change.

Monsters

•Air elementals only knock down characters when actively engaging in their charge behavior.

Reincarnation

•Characters can now undergo a Racial Reincarnation. The Past life feats are as follows, the first for the first reincarnation, the second for the second reincarnation. The third reincarnation is always +1 Racial Action Point:

•Warforged: +2 Repair, +1 Constitution
      •Drow: +2 Search, +1 Intelligence
      •Dwarf: +2 Balance, +1 Constitution
      •Elf: +2 Spot, +1 Dexterity
      •Gnome: +2 Use Magic Device, +1 Intelligence
      •Halfling: +2 Move Silently, +1 Dexterity
      •Half-elf: +2 Diplomacy, +1 Charisma
      •Half-orc: +2 Intimidate, +1 Strength
      •Human: +2 Haggle, +1 Wisdom
      •Dragonborn: +2 Spellcraft, +1 Charisma

•Items are preserved in inventory during a Racial Reincarnation, instead of being placed in your TR Cache.

Miscellaneous

•The Captain has been added to the Lamannia Test Dojo. This NPC gives characters all Guild Buffs available.
   •Update 35 items can now be found in the Test Dojo.
   •The Character Bank tab has been updated to match the Shared Account bank UI. (Note: This is very likely NOT going live until after U35.)
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2017 at 5:37pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Re: Racial Reincarnation incoming.
Reply #1 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Cordovan Quote:
The main bullet points for Update 35 are the new Dragonborn race and an adventure pack containing two quests and a raid. There's also a fairly large amount of racial enhancement work, and the debut of racial reincarnation, which players will be able to see soon on Lamannia.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #2 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
So I don't have a link, but I remember Sev answering the question about racial reincarnation being only going forward, with new races.

But it was Sev so take that for what it is worth.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

e4tless
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
It should be grandfathered in!!!!

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Let me try again,

IP Logged

SHARTMASTER5000
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
My guildie got an infraction for NDA disclosure for posting that on the mothershitboard a couple weeks ago, and later banned.  So basically Insane Cordovan admitted racial reincarnation was being added with Dragonborn thanks to using that infraction when he could've used something else. Thanks Mad Jerry.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/484166-Racial-Completionist-should-cos...

Quote:
Since Racial Completionist is coming soon with Dragonborn, I hope the Paladin Council is considering that Race Completionist feat should not be auto-granted and instead cost a feat like regular completionist. This work is being done in the shadows so players can't prep and sit at cap waiting to immediately jump on the Racial TR train on release, this is the only way we normal players can be heard.

Oh yeah, incoming Fran head explosion.
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2017 at 2:24pm by SHARTMASTER5000 »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
No credit for past lives.. snicker snicker  Oh Sev you silly fucking cunt!

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #7 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Anything to keep the Hamsters on the wheel.

As an aside, does anyone have eyes on the Dragonborn tree?

Asking for a friend...

Edited:
I'll bet dollars of Real World money that the 1st class level is Sorc. Because fuck players, that's why.

Edited:
I take that last edit back... It'll be Barbarian. Because then you need to buy and Alignment Change as well.
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2017 at 3:18pm by Metal-Beast »  

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Bones
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #8 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/484409-U35-Lammania-Preview-Schedule?p...
Quote:
It's similar to True Reincarnation in some but not all aspects, but races instead of classes. Yes. No (sorry). You'll know a lot more about it when we preview it on Lamannia soon, perhaps as soon as early next week.

Sounds like this means we'll no longer be able to get both class and racial past lives at once, like how we currently can with the Iconic races?

good thing I got those ones ahead of time...

Metal-Beast wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 2:59pm:
As an aside, does anyone have eyes on the Dragonborn tree?

Edited:
I'll bet dollars of Real World money that the 1st class level is Sorc. Because fuck players, that's why.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/484034-Devs-give-us-an-answer-please?p...
Quote:
No, we will not be releasing a Dragonborn Iconic, at least for now.

« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2017 at 3:30pm by Bones »  

IP Logged

e4tless
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Holy Toledo Batman!!!

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #10 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Bones wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 3:09pm:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/484409-U35-Lammania-Preview-Schedule?p...

Sounds like this means we'll no longer be able to get both class and racial past lives at once, like how we currently can with the Iconic races?

good thing I got those ones ahead of time...

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/484034-Devs-give-us-an-answer-please?p...

Surprising.

A lot of people (myself included obviously) considered Dragonborn a foregone conclusion, unless there's a Dragonborn standard race and just no ICONIC Dragonborn race, which I'd be 100% fine with.

Must have not had enough Rocktarz™ or an intern to get the Iconic done.

Edited:
Just Goodled it. It's only a standard race. This is what happens when you don't give a fuck about things.
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:43pm by Metal-Beast »  

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #11 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Yea.. im not into this idea for racial past lives.. this is the laziest shit they thought up in a long time.

Just add a pl to shit theyve had for years... done..

Fuck that.. this is only made for the wierd fucks who wont play alts. Only play one toon and ran outta shit to do... too stupid to roll another toon? Thats sad. So it has come to this... with no credit for the ones they already done... pretty smart. Thatll keep them shut up and busy for a bit..

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 6:55pm:
Fuck that.. this is only made for the wierd fucks who wont play alts. Only play one toon and ran outta shit to do... too stupid to roll another toon? Thats sad. So it has come to this... with no credit for the ones they already done... pretty smart. Thatll keep them shut up and busy for a bit..

You're not really this clueless are you? Love it or hate it, they did it to drive revenue by giving people significant things to grind through lives for. Anything that makes people TR or RR (whatever they end up calling it) makes money for SSG.

There are a ton of people like me that have a whole stable of toons parked at end-game, they don't make much money off those toons currently. But if you throw in some decent PL sweetness, or buff the trees you will have players like me TR or RR, and invariably spending more dough.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
When you think things can't get worse...

If these DEVs actually wanted to kill a game they couldn't do it better than what they've done.

IP Logged

Derpderpin
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
so like 3past lives of dwarf is +3 con? 2 lives of half orc is +2 str?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #15 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 7:32pm:
Anything that makes people TR or RR (whatever they end up calling it) makes money for SSG.

Shit. You just made me realize they're going to invent a whole new unnecessary heart for this.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 8:00pm:
Shit. You just made me realize they're going to invent a whole new unnecessary heart for this.

Probably with a whole new ing system too.
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2017 at 8:01pm by hydra »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #17 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 8:01pm:
Probably with a whole new ing system too.

That's a given. There will be new ing. systems. DDO is a thin veneer haphazardly thrown over a collection of ing. systems. Everywhere you look, another ing. system. Ing. systems all the way down.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Honestly I think the Racial PLs are a great idea, like I dunno why people are so upset by the concept. If you don't like reincarnation... don't reincarnate, there's tons of players with 10 year old characters who've never reincarnated once.

It's really great, though. I wasn't particularly taken by the Iconic PLs, too much grind on too ugly of classes. Then of course I was sad about having finished several heroic PLs(only have a few more of the really fun ones left). So, for me, this gives me an excuse to re-play the class PLs I already have 3 of because, hey, I'm earning a race PL!!!!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Derpderpin wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 7:55pm:
so like 3past lives of dwarf is +3 con? 2 lives of half orc is +2 str?

I would hope it's something more interesting than this, but we wont know until Lamma goes live.

Revaulting wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 8:00pm:

Sorry man,

That right there will make them some money if they make it's purchase separate from the tokens and comms of the existing hearts. They can probably get away with it this time around as well, there isn't anywhere near the player base for a bridge-type demonstration anymore. Additionally, by waiting to announce it so close to launch they can avoid telegraphing the heart requirement prematurely and giving opposition time to organize and complain before it's a done deal.
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2017 at 8:19pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #20 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Maybe I will actually play again if the lives are worth the grind..

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #21 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 8:45pm:
Maybe I will actually play again if the lives are worth the grind..

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

shellfish
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
I hope they don't mess it up, because I'm pretty excited to do it. I wish they had gotten Lamma up this week, I'd love to see what past lives give.

Hopefully they will make Horcs less of a compromise to play.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #23 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 10:21pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider