Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) U35 tomorrow morning. Release Notes (Read 5394 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

U35 tomorrow morning. Release Notes
Mar 15th, 2017 at 7:11pm
Print Post  

https://www.ddo.com/en/update-35-release-notes

Update 35 Release Notes
Here are the Release Notes for Update 35: The Dragonblood Prophecy, released on Thursday, March 16th.

Of Special Note:

Dragonborn

The Dragonborn come to the shores of Xen’drik, for The Prophecy demands it. The Dragons of Argonnessen send their bravest, boldest, and strongest to fulfill their legacy. Be one that takes up this challenge, to fulfill The Prophecy, and show the world of Eberron what it means to have fire in your heart. Start off with bonuses in Strength and Charisma and perfect your build in millions of ways! Free to VIPs, and available in the DDO Store.

New Adventure Pack

Tests arise for all adventurers in The Dragonblood Prophecy. Creatures and beasts of all kinds have rallied to help the Dragons who are wreaking havoc through-out Stormreach. Two new dungeons and one raid come to life, The Newcomers and Black and Blue. Both adventures are available in the new Adventure Pack: Dragonblood Prophecy. Add a run in Reaper Mode, for either dungeon, for an extra challenge. Enjoy the new Raid: Riding the Storm Out, with Guildmates and Friends! Kor-Kaza has taken control of an ancient giant site with immense power, enough to wash Stormreach into the sea. You must stop this! Breach the site of the ancient people, stop the raging storm, and smite the dragon where it stands.  Free to VIPs, and available in the DDO Store.

Racial Reincarnation

Reincarnation has now expanded! Get Racial Past Life Feats when you reincarnate to add additional flavor and customization to your vault of heroes. Want to get started? Find the Heroic Heart of Blood, available now in the DDO Store and via Tokens of the Twelve in-game.

News and Notes:

Combat

Monsters killed by instant death effects will now share their aggro normally to their allies.
Enhancements

Vanguard's Melee Power Boost now properly benefits from abilities that grant Extra Action Boosts.
Vanguard's Melee Power Boost now has a cooldown consistent with other Action Boosts.
Vanguard's Melee Power Boost is now Melee and Ranged Power.
Vanguard's Melee and Ranged Power Boost now shares a cooldown with other Action Boosts.
Ravager's Melee Power Boost now has text properly reflecting that it also grants Ranged Power.
Battle Engineer's Action Boost: Damage has been changed to Action Boost: Melee and Ranged Power.
Weapon Attachment's cooldown is now 15 seconds for Warforged, Bladeforged, and Artificers. Its induction time is now 2 seconds, and will no longer disappear when traveling through portals.
Henshin Mystic's Balance in Dawn's healing now scales properly in Reaper difficulty.
Many racial enhancement trees have been adjusted. The adjustments are as follows:
Drow
Vermin Lore: Now adds damage vs. these creatures, and its values have been increased to +3/6/9.
Ambidexterity is now 1 AP per rank.
Faerie Fire no longer has a Saving Throw, its effect now lasts for 10 seconds, it no longer uses charges, and now costs 2 Spell Points. The Druid spell version also no longer has a Saving Throw, and lasts for 10 seconds.
Darkfire's description has been updated to correct its DC. This SLA now scales with 150% Spell Power, costs 5 Spell Points, and cannot be countered.
Darkfire is affected by the Empower, Maximize, Quicken, Enlarge, and Intensify Metamagic Feats.
Dwarf
Child of the Mountain no longer reduces Reflex Saving Throws.
Dwarven Hands of Stone's DC is now 10 + Character Level + Constitution modifier + Transmutation Bonuses
Dwarf Fortress now works when wielding a Thrown Weapon with your Shield.
Bonus to damage is now a unique bonus to Melee and ranged Power
Elf
Nothing is Hidden has had its cost reduced to 1 AP. This also applies to Drow, Morninglord, and Shadar-kai.
Halfling
Heroic Companion is now 1 AP per rank.
Break out the Leeches is now 1 AP.
Half-orc
Orcish Weapon Training is now +1/2/3/4 to-hit and damage with one-handed Melee weapons, and +2/4/6/8 with two-handed Melee weapons.
Lock Bash is no longer tied to a Dragonmark or Sunder. This enhancement now has a cooldown, and a new animation. Lock Bash is no longer influenced by or required to have Thieves' Tools.
Orcish Rage is now an Action Boost: Orcish Rage now grants +40 Melee Power and a +2 Primal Bonus to Strength, and no longer reduces Physical Resistance Rating. Orcish Rage continues to prevent spellcasting, and causes monks to be uncentered. This Action Boost shares a cooldown with other Action Boosts.
Improved Power Attack is now 1 AP.
Power Rage now has a third rank, and the Barbarian requirement has been removed.
Brutality is no longer specific to two-handed weapons.
Raging Crush no longer has limited uses, nor requires Raging. Raging Crush does +3[W] and has a 30 second cooldown.
Half-elf
Improved Dilettante has had its cost reduced to 1 AP.
Dilettantes now have the following benefits in addition to what they already do, unless indicated:
Artificer: +30 Spell Points
Barbarian: +10 (instead of +5) Hit Points
Bard: +30 Spell Points
Cleric: +30 Spell Points
Druid: +30 Spell Points
Favored Soul: +30 Spell Points
Fighter: +1 to hit
Monk: Removed the Centered requirement
Sorcerer: +30 Spell Points
Wizard: +30 Spell Points
Half-elf Dilletante Tier 2:
Spellcasting: Increased Spell Power to +5.
Fixed base damage of Sly Flourish to +1[W].
Half-elf Dilletante Tier 4:
Barbarian: +10 Hit Points
Spellcasting: Spell Power has been increased to +5
Rogue: Cooldown is now 30 seconds. The Saving Throw has been updated to properly reflect full character level, and the Bomb DC boost has had scaling added.
Diplomatic Immunity now lasts for 60 seconds, or until you attack, and now has a 120 second cooldown.
Human
Ambidexterity is now 1 AP per rank.
Shadar-kai
Spiked Chain Attacks (and their upgrade effects) now scale with 200% Melee Power.
Winter Favored now scaled with Melee Power.
Vicious, Slashing, and Forceful Chain have had their cost reduced to 1 AP.
Warforged and Bladeforged
Repair Systems has had its cost reduced to 1 Action Point per rank.
(Warforged Only): Mithral Fluidity reduces Armor Check by 2/4/6.
Warforged's Adamantine Fluidity is now 4/8/12.
Bladeforged's Brute Fighting now matches the rest of the game.
Improved Power Attack is now 1 AP.
(Warforged Only): There is now a new enhancement called Memories of the Last War, which is a Tier 3 and 4 enhancement which requires 15 AP spent in the tree, and costs 1 AP:
Choose from the following:
+15 Determination Bonus to Melee and Ranged Power
+25 Determination Bonus to Universal Spell Power
+3 Determination Bonus to all Saving Throws.
+8 Determination Bonus to Armor Class and Physical Resistance Rating.
The Tier 4 version allows a character to make a second choice from the above list that is not the same as the one selected for Tier 3.
Epic Destinies

Legendary Dreadnought's Damage Boost is now Melee and Ranged Power.
Legendary Dreadnought's Action Boosts should not fail as often when activating several things rapidly.
Items

Heroic Executioner's Platemail was using Epic Armor Class values. This has been corrected.
Players with outdated versions of Firebreak (Heroic and Epic), Wall of Wood (Heroic and Epic), and the Epic Corruption of Nature can now update these items in the Stone of Change.
Quality Sneak Attack located in the Extra Slot was both not displaying the amount of Sneak Attack Damage it was granting, and was granting an incorrect amount of to-hit with Sneak Attacks. Both have been corrected.
Seeker no longer gives extra damage to Critical hits that scaled incorrectly with loot power.
Quality Seeker located in the Extra Slot was giving an incorrect amount of Critical Confirmation Bonus. This has been corrected.
The Returning Snowball and Epic Returning Snowball now have Strength as their ability modifier to damage.
Monsters

Air elementals only knock down characters when actively engaging in their charge behavior.
Reincarnation

Characters can now undergo a Racial Reincarnation. The Past life feats are as follows, the first for the first reincarnation, the second for the second reincarnation. The third reincarnation is always +1 Racial Action Point:
Warforged: +1 Repair, +1 Constitution
Drow: +1 Search, +1 Intelligence
Dwarf: +1 Balance, +1 Constitution
Elf: +1 Spot, +1 Dexterity
Gnome: +1 Use Magic Device, +1 Intelligence
Halfling: +1 Move Silently, +1 Dexterity
Half-elf: +1 Diplomacy, +1 Charisma
Half-orc: +1 Intimidate, +1 Strength
Human: +1 Haggle, +1 Wisdom
Dragonborn: +1 Spellcraft, +1 Charisma

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: U35 tomorrow morning. Release Notes
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2017 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Holy shit it was fast.

And prolly broken as fuck.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2017 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
LagMonsterrrrrr wrote on Mar 15th, 2017 at 8:28pm:
Holy shit it was fast.

And prolly broken as fuck.

Meh. It's always broken as fuck.

At least there's new content, and a new race.

I'll take what I can get at this point.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Alpha
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Mar 15th, 2017 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
Seems like all most people here do is complain about something so good that you're still playing it after 11 years. The developers have had a really good year so far. Dragon born are really well done.

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Mar 15th, 2017 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Seems like all most people here do is complain about something so good that you're still playing it after 11 years. The developers have had a really good year so far. Dragon born are really well done.

Hi princess, how is the shithole today?

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #5 - Mar 15th, 2017 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Terrible formatting, Ash.

Can't you quote that bitch like others do? thx

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #6 - Mar 15th, 2017 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
Soooo, was there even a 2nd lama preview this week?

I'm betting no Cheesy

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #7 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 1:17am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Mar 15th, 2017 at 11:11pm:
Soooo, was there even a 2nd lama preview this week?

I'm betting no Cheesy

They have gotten so good at ignoring feedback and not giving a fuck about bugs they can get it done with only one.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 8:12am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Zero
Korthos Resident

# of fucks given.

Reply #9 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 8:16am
Print Post  
I am shocked it is this fast. I had hoped to finish off a few more ETRs.

Any word on if my 3000 wf lives matter?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #10 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 8:24am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Mar 15th, 2017 at 11:04pm:
Terrible formatting, Ash.

Can't you quote that bitch like others do? thx

Cordovan isn't putting them in forum post anymore.  They are on a separate page with HTML formatting that isn't copied like it used to.  Click the link for the pretty version.  It doesn't require a forum account.

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #11 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Zero wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 8:16am:
Any word on if my 3000 wf lives matter?

for the 3 millionth time no. does anyone fucking read anymore, I said it before they even announced racial tring, then they announced it and said no then lamma went up and people were pissed about it and people are still asking.

here let me google that for you
http://bfy.tw/AfKb

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #12 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 8:46am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 8:24am:
Cordovan isn't putting them in forum post anymore.  They are on a separate page with HTML formatting that isn't copied like it used to.  Click the link for the pretty version.  It doesn't require a forum account.

What I meant was you putting the text in Quote:
quotes
and giving it a little bit of spacing.
Otherwise, why bother pasting it all?
Just leave the link here and that's that.

IP Logged

LagMonsterrrrrr
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 8:51am
Print Post  
lostthenloved wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 8:37am:
for the 3 millionth time no. does anyone fucking read anymore, I said it before they even announced racial tring, then they announced it and said no then lamma went up and people were pissed about it and people are still asking.

Grin

IP Logged

Zero
Korthos Resident

# of fucks given.

Reply #14 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 9:24am
Print Post  
lostthenloved wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 8:37am:

Why bother sifting thru shit when I can have you do it for me?

IP Logged

hyplo
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 9:49am
Print Post  
It's too fucking bad that the Dev's decided to ignore players comments and not give a flying dutch fuck what they say when  they put a preview out on Lamannia.

U35 is a classic example of deciding something is good enough before powering up the Commadore PET and giving us a preview.   It is close to being a great Update to the game, but instead we get meh35, it could have be oh so much better.

IP Logged

DDONoob
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 1:17am:
They have gotten so good at ignoring feedback and not giving a fuck about bugs they can get it done with only one.

They have learned to ignore idiots ranting.

They should not listen to 3 year olds crying because they cannot zerg and get all the shinies as fast as they are used to. Which is 99% of the "feedback" they get.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #17 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 11:29am
Print Post  
There is no helpful feedback anymore ........ it's either entitled cunts like Wizza and his penis Rys bleating about something or immature fucktards moaning about this that or the other. Guess they got over it and said fuck the feedback - update ready or not.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #18 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
So how does the racial action point work? You get +10 once reaching 3 completionism, or you get 1 to distribute for each race?

Also: how is the game engine gonna handle racial AP and basic AP. Like what guarantee is there that upon resetting my racial tree, i wont lose all my points, or generally speaking: is it bug free (as of yet)?
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2017 at 12:56pm by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #19 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
DDONoob wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 10:47am:
*obvious fanboy smartassing*

This is the vault. Not the unbiased "our data" shows official site.

I guess what I am saying is: go fuck yourself, dipshit.

The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #20 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 12:55pm:
or generally speaking: is it bug free (as of yet)?

Hi Welcome.

It's supposed to be up to 10 AP (incremented one at a time per race triple completion) to spend in your current racial tree immediately at level 1.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #21 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Is it me or they DID add new colors to dragonborn skin?

Wow.

IP Logged

Lhynn
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Ah fuck, i really dont want to play anything but humans.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #23 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 1:50pm:
Is it me or they DID add new colors to dragonborn skin?

vibrant colors do make a huge impact on dragonborn visuals Smiley

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #24 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
I logged in and only saw one new Liazrd in the Market, which I found surprising.

My TP grind will continue for my own pet reptile.

Also, those new quests are not bad.

Not great, but not bad, either. I guess "Meh to OK" is the best descriptor.

I did hit a massive lag spike which made the puzzles hard, but I eventually completed.

It was some serious bullshit though.

YMMV.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint