Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Otto boxes are up.. (Read 5951 times)
Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Re: Otto boxes are up..
Reply #25 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 5:14am
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Mar 16th, 2017 at 9:21pm:
I bought my 1 box again so I can do all my racials.

Grin Grin Grin

Anyways.. yea ive seen peeps on orien that have bought some for sure... $$$

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #26 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 7:03am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 2:32am:
The thing with this overpowered past life bonus extravaganza is that once you reach the ultimate end game toon you wanted to play, you get bored and leave the game. Or is there any1 here with triple trimpletionist, who actually kept on playing their toon?

Ya, been steady since last year.

When I did mine it was only because I was bored and wanted to try new builds.
The people who do it for the benefits always rage quit faster. You're not wrong at all.
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2017 at 7:03am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #27 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Quote:
How many stones are you buying? 

Enough to not have to look at myself as a Halfling, Helf, or Dwarf for more than 400k XP.  Ever. 

I like being a Human, Elf, Drow or Dragonborn.  I can stand being a Gnome, Horc or Warforged.  But there are some things I just cannot do.  (Also build dependent.  I may suffer through my tank melee being a dorf for 3 lives instead of a gnome.  My caster may skip Horc instead of Helf.)

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #28 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 9:48am:
Enough to not have to look at myself as a Halfling, Helf, or Dwarf for more than 400k XP.  Ever. 

Maybe get DDO to build a wall, and make the ugly races pay for it?

Or maybe just a travel ban, so they don't show up in the Market with the Decent Folks.

#makeDDOgreatagain
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2017 at 9:55am by Metal-Beast »  

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #29 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 9:59am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 2:29am:
You work in a coal mine in China?

Lol.  I worked in college for RPS (Roadway Package Service, no longer around.  Got bought out by FedEx, I think).  I loaded and unloaded semi-trucks and delivery vans in a warehouse for 5 hours a day.  Worked in the summer for a landscaper and a roofer.  (Nothing was worse than roofing.  That was just miserable...)  Then, I got a job in data processing (old term for IT) at a bank in the evenings my junior year at college and got to sit in an air conditioned server room with music playing and I didn't have to lift anything heavier than a box of paper (the kind mainframes use with the holes on each side to feed into the big printers the size of a refrigerator).  And even then only occasionally.  I realized then that I liked my choice of Information Systems for a degree.  Much better to add value with your mind than your body.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #30 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 9:54am:
Maybe get DDO to build a wall, and make the ugly races pay for it?

Or maybe just a travel ban, so they don't show up in the Market with the Decent Folks.

#makeDDOgreatagain

Check with Putin first.  Make sure the big boss is OK with it. 

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #31 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:07am
Print Post  
Novalis wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 2:52am:
DDO is no longer Dungeons and Dragons online. It's more like Hamster Wheels and Carrots on(a)line

No joke, I'm pretty sure I said this very line, probably on this forum.

In 2010.

It's amusing that they (Turbine/SSG) keep going back to the same well. My complaints at the time I left?

1) Instead of developing new content, the devs were simply reskinning old content.
2) DDO had turned from a fun to play game into an epic grind for seals, scrolls, and shards. (I think that's what they were called) - one big hamster wheel. Then they introduced reincarnation (make the old old again!).

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:10am
Print Post  
Fools and their money.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #33 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:11am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:01am:
Check with Putin first.  Make sure the big boss is OK with it. 

I wouldn't.

You could get murdered for knowing too much.

Don't forget the pat of butter before you guzzle your vodka.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #34 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 9:59am:
Lol.  I worked in college for RPS (Roadway Package Service, no longer around.  Got bought out by FedEx, I think).  I loaded and unloaded semi-trucks and delivery vans in a warehouse for 5 hours a day.  Worked in the summer for a landscaper and a roofer.  (Nothing was worse than roofing.  That was just miserable...)  Then, I got a job in data processing (old term for IT) at a bank in the evenings my junior year at college and got to sit in an air conditioned server room with music playing and I didn't have to lift anything heavier than a box of paper (the kind mainframes use with the holes on each side to feed into the big printers the size of a refrigerator).  And even then only occasionally.  I realized then that I liked my choice of Information Systems for a degree.  Much better to add value with your mind than your body. 

I need to dig out my first college ID. I worked summers as a roofer, and let's just say it showed. There has never been a more tan Irishman in the history of the world. In fact, I'm not sure there had ever been a tan Irishman before that, period.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #35 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 10:14am:
I need to dig out my first college ID. I worked summers as a roofer, and let's just say it showed. There has never been a more tan Irishman in the history of the world. In fact, I'm not sure there had ever been a tan Irishman before that, period.

Same here - added to that was I lived in Texas at the time. Oh and I didn't tan, my freckles and melanomas just grew together. I'd drink two or three gallons of water a day and still piss neon orange.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #36 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 11:14am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 2:32am:
The thing with this overpowered past life bonus extravaganza is that once you reach the ultimate end game toon you wanted to play, you get bored and leave the game. Or is there any1 here with triple trimpletionist, who actually kept on playing their toon?

The TR treadmill is DDO's end-game, not level 30 content. DDO is a game for flower sniffers.

It seems like a lot of people don't realize this.  Look at the amount of level-appropriate content available at 30 versus 1-20 or 1-25.  It should be obvious.

With the way DDO has been designed (right or wrong), if you don't just autopilot zerg it, the journey to level cap has more content and is more fun than sitting at 30 and doing the same 5-10 missions/raids over and over.

I'm close to completionist.  Once that's done, I'll work on finishing up epic completionist and then pick up any of the second and third PL bonuses that are moderately useful while playing some flavor builds I've thought would be cool.

The PL bonuses should help offset some of the suckage that the flavor builds come with and make them viable even if they won't be stupidly overpowered like the meta builds.  As a bonus, it might make the heroic content mildly challenging although I guess Reaper can do that now.

Even while working towards completionist, I've taken the time to play each class using it's particular strengths rather than use a Pastlifenmo style template.  It's been fun and I've learned the ins and outs of various builds and classes that I would have otherwise missed if I had zerged through them with a template.

« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2017 at 11:19am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #37 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 11:14am:
The TR treadmill is DDO's end-game, not level 30 content. DDO is a game for flower sniffers.

It seems like a lot of people don't realize this.  Look at the amount of level-appropriate content available at 30 versus 1-20 or 1-25.  It should be obvious.

With the way DDO has been designed (right or wrong), if you don't just autopilot zerg it, the journey to level cap has more content and is more fun than sitting at 30 and doing the same 5-10 missions/raids over and over.

My plan is to get completionist (on final life for it), then epic completionist and then pick up any of the second and third PL bonuses that are moderately useful while playing some flavor builds I've thought would be cool.

The PL bonuses should help offset some of the suckage that the flavor builds come with and make them viable even if they won't be stupidly overpowered like the meta builds.  As a bonus, it make actually make the heroic content mildly challenging and fun again.

Even while working towards completionist, I've taken the time to play each class using it's particular strengths rather than use a Pastlifenmo style template.  It's been fun and I've learned the ins and outs of various builds and classes that I would have missed zerging through them with a template.

This.

Did the same thing myself.

I ran every class to 20 pure on my main en route to completionist.

Now I will fool around with my beloved gimp-builds and enjoy the Twilight of DDO until the servers go offline. I may never see Epic or Racial Completionist.

C'est la vie.

It's just a game.  Cool

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #38 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 11:29am
Print Post  

To be fair, the cap has only been at 30 for about a year and 2016 was the worst year for content, possibly ever.  It always takes 18-24 months to build up an inventory of content when the cap moves up.  Was true from 16-20, from 20-25, from 25-28, and it is true now.  That's a big part of the reason why I would prefer they not move the cap again.  A true end game can form, if they stop moving the goal posts back every time they get a decent amount of content at the current end point. 

If they do an expansion this fall, they will have 6 raids at cap, 3 raids at 28 (near cap) for 9 total "end game" raids.  Plus Slavers and about 25-30 other 6 man quests level 29+.  That would be the start of an end game that is interesting. 

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #39 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 11:29am:
To be fair, the cap has only been at 30 for about a year and 2016 was the worst year for content, possibly ever.

Whoa, really? Like, worse than the year and a half of nothing before F2P?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #40 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 11:45am:
Whoa, really? Like, worse than the year and a half of nothing before F2P?

OK.  Not that bad.  July 2008-Sept 2009 with ZERO content was the worst stretch ever.  But, technically, 2008 had Shroud (and the 4 flaggers and devil assault) in Feb and in July had Reavers Reach with 4 quests and VoD and Hound.  2009 had all of the Eberron Unlimited/F2P release.  Followed quickly by IQ. 

So, 2016 was the worst calendar year for content.  Not the worst 12 months stretch.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #41 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 12:02pm:
OK.  Not that bad.  July 2008-Sept 2009 with ZERO content was the worst stretch ever.  But, technically, 2008 had Shroud (and the 4 flaggers and devil assault) in Feb and in July had Reavers Reach with 4 quests and VoD and Hound.  2009 had all of the Eberron Unlimited/F2P release.  Followed quickly by IQ. 

So, 2016 was the worst calendar year for content.  Not the worst 12 months stretch. 

Ah, I see, you're playing the old financial advisor trick of picking the 12 month window that best suits your need Tongue

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #42 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
The TR treadmill is DDO's end-game, not level 30 content.

^THIS^

Its brilliant. The entire game becomes the endgame. Its a vast improvement over endgame consisting of "these three raids, until we raise the level cap".

Now, if the current batch of developers would simply catch up with this concept and focus on releasing more TR "twink" gear, we'd be in great shape. Its weird, the addition of racial PLs shows they clearly "get" the concept, yet what does the most recent raid over? A bunch of bullshit ML29 gear.

Compare to OG Shroud, Dreaming Dark, etc; systems designed to give you very powerful items to use on your next TR. When was the last time we got one of those? Hell, the old Shard/Seal/Scroll system of epics came back around and turned into ETR Twink Gear. Granted, not much of it was any good, but some was nice.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Alpha
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 12:02pm:

People confuse content they don't like with no content. IMHO this has been a great 12 months filled with lots of neat new stuff, two races! reaper, crafting systems, free and vip quests, retooled events, and lots of class work. I think that everyone can complain about them doing stuff nobody asked for but they do that because if they work on stuff no one sees coming they can't make a stink about stuff and mess it up.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #44 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
People confuse content they don't like with no content. IMHO this has been a great 12 months filled with lots of neat new stuff, two races! reaper, crafting systems, free and vip quests, retooled events, and lots of class work. I think that everyone can complain about them doing stuff nobody asked for but they do that because if they work on stuff no one sees coming they can't make a stink about stuff and mess it up.

Your story is falling apart, Asheras. Two races? Crafting systems? Events?

If what Alpha types is true, there is simply no comparison of the past year to the Vast and Mysterious SOOOOOON period of time.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #45 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Strake wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 1:40pm:
Your story is falling apart, Asheras. Two races? Crafting systems? Events?

If what Alpha types is true, there is simply no comparison of the past year to the Vast and Mysterious SOOOOOON period of time.

Lol.  Not trying to say the 2016 was as bad as V & M and SOOOON.  I lived that too.  There is no comparison.  Although I was still a noob for the first part of it, so I didn't really notice the lack of new content for a while.

Although, to be clear, races and classes and reaper don't qualify as content.  I LOVE new races and classes.  But they aren't content.  Neither is reaper.  Reaper is systems work.  (Also Reaper was 2017, so outside my conveniently defined calendar year  Tongue  )  Same as class passes and crafting.  Those are cool and I enjoy them too.  But content is quests and raids.  The events count, to some degree. 

I didn't say 2016 was a bad year for "Stuff".  Just that it was a slow year for content.  Specifically, end game content.  My comment was in relation to the lack of presence of end game content.  Alpha's comments are valid about what they did in 2016, but most of them did not contribute to building an end game content library.  Which was my point.   

« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2017 at 2:07pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #46 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
There has never been a more tan Irishman in the history of the world. In fact, I'm not sure there had ever been a tan Irishman before that, period.

Just the Black & Tan.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #47 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 3:24pm
Print Post  

Found it.  Cheesy

Happy St Patrick's Day!
« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2017 at 4:40pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Strake
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Evading a ban

Reply #48 - Mar 17th, 2017 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 17th, 2017 at 3:24pm:
Found it.  Cheesy

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/R8GTJnnFA-o/hqdefault.jpg

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Not far off, really.