Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Recomendation for Racial past lifes ? (Read 3419 times)
Petik
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Recomendation for Racial past lifes ?
Mar 21st, 2017 at 10:00am
Print Post  
So we have racial pastlifes to hunt for. Considering they are pretty mutch independent on build. What build would you suggest for some lvl 1-20 pastlifes hunt for somone that can buy/craft twink gear ?
I think about pure warlock (tainted up to 1-11, enlightened 12-20) ?

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Re: Recomendation for Racial past lifes ?
Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 10:12am
Print Post  
you're a fucking idiot

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Petik
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 10:16am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 10:12am:
you're a fucking idiot

Thank you sire. Your constructive opinion would be noted Wink

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 10:39am
Print Post  
In heroics, most anything plays well, honestly.  If you are going to run 1-30 and then grab an EPL and an RPL, then play a build that works well in epics, obviously.

If you are just doing 1-20, then, really, just play what you enjoy the most.  Nothing is going to be all that difficult.  I like Barbarians and monks.  Both do well at low levels, mid, and high.  Both have run speed advantages.  Barbs have HP, self healing, AoE attacks and do a ton of damage.  Monks do solid damage, great defenses for heroic (where AC is op), crowd control, great saves and evasion.  Sorcs are awesome too.  Decent CC, mega damage, bigger spell pool, fast casting.  Sorc expecially great for the 3 WF life with the self healing.  Maybe mix with 1 barb for run speed. 

Remember, on a 1-20 run you will never be 20, and only 18 for a brief period, so going pure is pointless.  You aren't seeing capstones or level 18 cores, really.  Splash some run speed, or some rogue or arti for trap XP bonuses if you want. 

Warlock kinda starts slow, if you ask me.  They are fine at low levels, but not optimal.  At mid-to-high they are nuts OP, but then so is most everything.  Plus, I kinda have warlock fatigue at this point. 

« Last Edit: Mar 21st, 2017 at 10:40am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #4 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 10:52am
Print Post  
20 levels of race

dont use or repost this build without my permission

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Petik wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 10:16am:
Thank you sire. Your constructive opinion would be noted Wink

Wait... "would be"?  Huh

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #6 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 11:13am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 10:52am:
20 levels of race

dont use or repost this build without my permission

thanks jakeelala

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

lostthenloved
Abbot Raider

I Hate Drama!

Reply #7 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
the point you seem to be missing is to play your favourite builds 30 fucking times. in heroics, few builds change all that much based on race. the exception would be dwarf in my mind. no con to damage and nothing that requires an extra feat. here let us make this easy. play 30 warlocks and you are good to go.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #8 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
lostthenloved wrote on Mar 21st, 2017 at 12:12pm:
the point you seem to be missing is to play your favourite builds 30 fucking times. in heroics, few builds change all that much based on race. the exception would be dwarf in my mind. no con to damage and nothing that requires an extra feat. here let us make this easy. play 30 warlocks and you are good to go.

Playing the same build over and over makes sense from a gear standpoint and a "comfort/ease" standpoint, but does run the risk of becoming repetitive and boring.

I plan on changing up the build slightly based on the race.  My pally, for example, might go barb a few lives, ranger a few, do THF on horcs and dragonborn, go TWF on elves and halflings, etc.  The gear will mostly be the same.  A few changes here and there but nothing major.  When doing some WF rpl's, might go with a wiz or sorc to get some self healing and a change of pace.  I have BTA and unbound gear sets for casters anyways.  Who knows.  Heroics are easy enough that it's not like you can really gimp yourself too badly, unless you are really trying to do so.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #9 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Asheras made some good points, none of which I'd disagree with.

I would argue that the humble Artificer, the whipping bitch of p2p classes, is a good call, especially for Warforged PLs.

Trap XP, and OP abilities for Heroics, plus a dog to pull levers. INT to damage/ Attack with buffs or splashing in the Harper tree, and provides a shit-load of Skill Points and buffs the Repair skill for boosted Reconstruct. Self Heals even better than Wiz or Sorc on a Warforged.

UMD is a class skill, which all by itself is worth the price of admission.

Almost seamless multi-class with Rogue, which would net you evasion for a 2 level splash.

They suck donkey balls in Epic, but if you're just grinding on the Racial PL Hamster wheel, it's all "20 and TR" anyway.

You could also argue the reverse in Pure Rogue or Rogue 18/ 2 Arty, for Rune Arms and the dog to pull levers. Gets you improved evasion and all kinds of sneak attack damage, plus some traps for shits and giggles.

Warlock of course, just blasts through everything. You won't spend enough time at low levels anyway for the slow start to matter. You can have Chain Blast at level 2 if you're stingy with AP.

Then stock up on some Spell Power pots from House K (or where-ever) to cover the difference in DPS.  Wink

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #10 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
I'm thirding the "switch it up" claim. 30 warlock lives in a row is boring. Play the game instead.

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #11 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 2:17pm
Print Post  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #12 - Mar 21st, 2017 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
Do what interests you.  Just be smart about how you play.  Since RTR came about, I’m seeing a lot of “non-optimized” builds doing just fine in reaper difficulty.  I am having a lot of fun playing a pure class artificer that’s focused in Arcanotech, backed up with Harper and a few points in the racial enhancements.  (I like my SLA’s and Blade Barrier.)  I was duoing with a pure class spellsinger.  I’ve grouped with an Artificer/Favored Soul, and a Paladin/Warlock/Sorceror for 4 skull Coal Chamber.

IP Logged

Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Reply #13 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 3:39am
Print Post  
Mixing it up seems to be the way to go about it. For absolute quickest probably warlock or barbarian. (depending on if you plan to do the reaper grind at the same time), I don't know how well barbarians stay alive in reaper although I guess you could drag an IV drip (hireling) with you.

Honestly it seems like a good time to experiment with some race/class combinations you haven't tried before or found interesting. 1 - 20 has never been as quick and easy as it is now with the extra xp from reaper and the absolute shitton of quests we have now. Why not go for some fun lives. Personally I feel it's a good opportunity to run a bard again and mind control absolutely fucking everything. (I wonder if you can control reapers). Is it the most effective? Hell no, but it's a nice change of pace.

IP Logged

Petik
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 7:41am
Print Post  
I dont plan "reaper GRIND" but R1 for XP bonus and honestly R1 is maybe easier in some situations with few reper points (+ con + cha for even stats, another +1 spell DC, more HP ... things are easier in R1 sometimes Wink )
Already chosen warlock.
Khortos lvl quests it feel really weak (even failed canith crystal lol coz they ignored my nonexistent DPS and just smashed it Cheesy )
But around lvl 4+ it starts to be on par with other ranged classes and power starts to kick in even more on higher levels and some decent gear.
But i think i try to mix in some other classes in next lifes just for fun. Those builds that cant be seriosly played in epics but are fun and strong in heroic.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #15 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Bushin wrote on Mar 22nd, 2017 at 3:39am:
Mixing it up seems to be the way to go about it.

That's what I told my GF.

She said that exploit causes bugs.

She said bringing it up again would also start my reincarnation immediately.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Reply #16 - Mar 23rd, 2017 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 9:17am:
She said that exploit causes bugs.

Nothing a couple of pills or some salve can't solve. Do be sure to discuss your bugs with your doctor though.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint