Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic client ddo store announcement (Read 6586 times)
m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

client ddo store announcement
Mar 31st, 2017 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Ok, so I missed out some store-sploit now?  Angry

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: client ddo store announcement
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 11:32am
Print Post  
that';s a big one and frankly I don't fux with real money/store stuff. That shit is too hot

IP Logged

Alpha
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 11:38am
Print Post  
You really shouldn't engage in any kind of cheating Jakeelala. Whether it's for TP or not it is still hurting the game in a way that could prematurely end it. I would also point out that because you're known on the main forums you could be setting a really bad example for people who read your posts by cheating or using exploits.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #3 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You really shouldn't engage in any kind of cheating Jakeelala. Whether it's for TP or not it is still hurting the game in a way that could prematurely end it. I would also point out that because you're known on the main forums you could be setting a really bad example for people who read your posts by cheating or using exploits. 

It's a pci compliance thing, jesus dude. I can't believe I'm defending Jakee here but it's just for auditing purposes since payment services can't be cached in-application.

btw Shoemaker the wiki isn't displaying pages correctly atm
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2017 at 1:13pm by Sailias »  

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #4 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
What the fuck, external browser for store now ?

I don't want to get swapped out of game for a fucking store buy....

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 1:51pm:
What the fuck, external browser for store now ?

I don't want to get swapped out of game for a fucking store buy....

If it's truly PCI compliance blame the credit card industry. They're freaking insane with that stuff.  Sad

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #6 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 3:45pm:
If it's truly PCI compliance blame the credit card industry. They're freaking insane with that stuff.  Sad

Ehh, it's not *that* complicated.  There's just a bunch of rules to follow.  That's why most people outsource it.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #7 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 1:12pm:
It's a pci compliance thing, jesus dude.

Darkrok wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 3:45pm:
If it's truly PCI compliance blame the credit card industry. They're freaking insane with that stuff.

Are they aware that it's way more easier to hack a browser like firefox or IE that keeps lots of stuff on local cache than to hack an ingame dedicated browser that flushes everything out upon exit ?

Typically there's already people that have managed to get back to the pages they visited in game after having closed the client. Generally you do not want people to be able to reload a transaction...

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #8 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 5:07pm:
Are they aware that it's way more easier to hack a browser like firefox or IE that keeps lots of stuff on local cache than to hack an ingame dedicated browser that flushes everything out upon exit ?

Is who aware?  The guys who use your game login as your forum login?  Those guys?

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #9 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 5:07pm:

Typically there's already people that have managed to get back to the pages they visited in game after having closed the client. Generally you do not want people to be able to reload a transaction...

Are you aware that 90% of consumer credit card and financial transactions are done via IE, Firefox, Chrome or Safari? 

What?  Do you expect an internet video game company to use a higher security model than Bank of America(or any bank really), or the IRS(or any government organization really)?

FFS.  If they are PCI compliant, they are using encryption and tokenization anyways.  The CC number is safe unless the end user is a moron.  And there is no system that protects an end user from being a moron.
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2017 at 7:30pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Slick Stick
Puppy Farmer

Titties!

Reply #10 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 7:28pm:
And there is no system that protects an end user from being a moron.

I have ProtectmyID. It supposedly protects me from being(that kind of)an idiot.   Cheesy

My health insurance provider got hacked, so they had to buy a few years of this for a few million people.
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2017 at 7:36pm by Slick Stick »  

Just because someone asks a question, doesn't mean they need an answer.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #11 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I don't post expoits or cheats. And I specifically avoid them in my builds unless it's a vague thing like AA stances on throwers.

What exactly are you accusing me of?

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #12 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 9:25pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 8:56pm:
I don't post expoits or cheats.

Only in your PM's to Cordo right.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #13 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
.  And there is no system that protects an end user from being a moron.

Can confirm.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #14 - Mar 31st, 2017 at 10:38pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 9:25pm:
Only in your PM's to Cordo right.

The only PMs I send to Cordovan revolve around fixing thrower bugs.

If you ever tried PMing him stuff tho you would learn its about the wordt way to get him to fix/prioritize anything. You have to publicly shame him to get anything like results.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #15 - Apr 1st, 2017 at 12:49am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 10:38pm:
The only PMs I send to Cordovan revolve around fixing thrower bugs.

#fixthebugsfirst amirite

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #16 - Apr 1st, 2017 at 1:22am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 5:42pm:
Is who aware?  The guys who use your game login as your forum login?  Those guys?

Point, I always put my expectations too high when it comes to them.

IP Logged

Alpha
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Apr 1st, 2017 at 4:20am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 8:56pm:
What exactly are you accusing me of?

Just of what you said yourself:  "that';s a big one and frankly I don't fux with real money/store stuff. That shit is too hot"

And I didn't actually accuse you, rather warned you that it's unwise to post about cheating and exploits like you did. That's all.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #18 - Apr 1st, 2017 at 10:38am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 10:38pm:
The only PMs I send to Cordovan revolve around fixing thrower bugs, but not bugs that support my build, just bugs that support competing builds.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Apr 1st, 2017 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Are you aware that 90% of consumer credit card and financial transactions are done via IE, Firefox, Chrome or Safari? 

You got a source for that statistic?  Because as much as online shopping is more of a thing now than it was 10 year ago, every pos transaction at the grocery store or liquor store or gas station or convenience store or Macey's or whatever would seem to me at a guess to be far greater in number than online purchases.

Slick Stick wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 7:35pm:
I have ProtectmyID. It supposedly protects me from being(that kind of)an idiot.   Cheesy

My health insurance provider got hacked, so they had to buy a few years of this for a few million people.

Heh.  I have the same thing.  Only it was the DOD that got hacked and my security clearance filing that was stolen along with a few million others.  That thing has my entire life going back around 20 years in it, including all prior addresses, relations out to in-laws, and is the most fucking perfect vector for identity theft that has ever existed.  It's been a couple years and so far no issues, but I keep a closer watch now.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #20 - Apr 1st, 2017 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 1st, 2017 at 10:39am:
You got a source for that statistic?  Because as much as online shopping is more of a thing now than it was 10 year ago, every pos transaction at the grocery store or liquor store or gas station or convenience store or Macey's or whatever would seem to me at a guess to be far greater in number than online purchases.

Heh.  I have the same thing.  Only it was the DOD that got hacked and my security clearance filing that was stolen along with a few million others.  That thing has my entire life going back around 20 years in it, including all prior addresses, relations out to in-laws, and is the most fucking perfect vector for identity theft that has ever existed.  It's been a couple years and so far no issues, but I keep a closer watch now.

I was referring to online cc transactions.  The subject of the thread was online cc processing so I thought that was a clear focus.  When you broaden it to all transactions, I agree. In person and phone order cc transactions are probably still the majority over online.  I have no statistics one way or another.  My point was that web browsers are a defacto standard.  Throwing shade at an organization for using them as an Ecommerce platform is stupid.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #21 - Apr 1st, 2017 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 1st, 2017 at 10:39am:

Have you looked at those things? Computers, hooked up to one o' them there internets.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:52am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Apr 1st, 2017 at 3:07pm:
Have you looked at those things? Computers, hooked up to one o' them there internets.

Right.  You calculator is a computer also.  So is your digital watch.  That doesn't mean they run "IE, Firefox, Chrome or Safari".

POS systems are (were at least, maybe there's been some huge revolution in a system that has worked fine for forever since they were introduced, but I doubt it.  No one spends money replacing a system which works just fine and has absolutely zero need for more performance.  It would be like rolling a BB down the Chunnel, expensive and unneeded capacity.) 900 baud modems which call a single number only and pass along the CC info needed to approve or deny the sale.  The gas pump or cash register connected to this modem also does not run "IE, Firefox, Chrome or Safari".
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:53am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #23 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:52am:
POS systems

Your supermarket use an abacus, or a computer?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #24 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Mar 31st, 2017 at 5:42pm:

any time flav posts about something technical you should just disregard it- he is a habitual smoke blower, his lips are perfectly formed to universally accept any anus like a global standard for the sole purpose of lossless smoke blowing up asses

its all words and 0 content

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint