Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Heroic Reaper DCs (Read 4302 times)
Lord Ram
Ex Member

Heroic Reaper DCs
Apr 2nd, 2017 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Can anyone give a ball-park of the will and fort saves of 3-4 skulls  lv 8-20 look like?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Heroic Reaper DCs
Reply #1 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
I'm landing Stunning blow and Trip in level 11-13 almost no fail with a 50 DC on my pally.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Target a mob's weak saves.

Don't be lazy about building DCs.
You can get shit fine on almost anything with gear..
I only had problems in the harbor because kobolds and oozes suck. [Seriously]

Might be worth investing a couple hours in a heroic slavers set these days. Quite a few DCs off one of those suckers.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #3 - Apr 2nd, 2017 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Caster/Cleric: Medium Fort Low Reflex High Will
Archer/Rogue: Low Fort High Reflex Medium Will
General Melee: High Fort Medium Reflex Low Will
Paldin/Blackguard: High Fort Medium Reflex High Will
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2017 at 7:37pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #4 - Apr 3rd, 2017 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 7:30pm:
Might be worth investing a couple hours in a heroic slavers set these days. Quite a few DCs off one of those suckers.

I crafted 4 heroic pcs + added Sorcery set bonus to Spinneret.

Best decision I've made gear wise in a while and solid from 8-20.  Cannith craft an appropriate Insightful Stat and Insightful SF and you are golden.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #5 - Apr 3rd, 2017 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
I cannith craft stat + Insight stat(level 10 and higher) and SF + Insight SF (or tactics+ insight tactics).  Never have a problem landing DC's.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Apr 3rd, 2017 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Honestly the trick to playing a dc caster is making your spells work for you.

This includes what has been said earlier (target weak save). But it also includes the following:

Don't use an instakill when flesh to stone would do a lot more for you. (i.e. respawning mechanics, like when we used to run tod)

Don't use a stun/instakill when a charm would be a million times more effective. (make spawning mobs at a boss fight work for you rather than deleting them)

Don't use a short cc spell (like web in reaper 10) when a longer cc spell exists (fear really is fucking broken atm).

Don't blow your load early - sometimes it helps to charm a mob before you mass hold or tentacle.

Don't ignore the breadth of your spell book (contagion, fear, dominates, prismatics, command, etc. are all fucking fantastic spells that I see a few people willfully ignoring).

Lastly, learn the fucking champ names/types. This + general game knowledge makes dc casters go from lazily ineffective to gods among men (when it comes to trash).

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #7 - Apr 3rd, 2017 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
thats some great advice

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #8 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 11:05am
Print Post  
When playing a caster /sorc and few dumblock lifes/ i found that i totally drop anything that does damage or instakills or cc-s.
Only thing i focus on is charms, really nothing beats charms nowadays.
They are the only way to play a caster where you get expontionaly stronger as you raise skulls.
(need to have high mobility and be confident in dcs)
As you progress, get the new ring to work as proxy litany at lv 10 and a slavers set focusing on enchant, pick stuff like quicken and enchant focus eariler on and ignore maximize and empower for a while.
I would also suggest to focus on content where you have trash spawns in endfight, makes geting reaper xp quite easy and you can push skullsa s your confidence raises.
Keep mulitple sets of gear with max charisma/crafted enchant (as slavers enchant gets outdated quite fast with cc gear) and some form of spell cost reduction /abbot staff, circlet or whatever. and your dcs from 8-20 should be enough for 7-9 skull content /with the debuffs like hypno/crushing and possibly fear or scare on some mobs.

Only issue is, that while it is highly effective solo/duo for high skulls it gets boring quite fast.
I cant force myself to log into ddo anymore due to boredom and the fact that i bought crap load ps4/ps3 games so im kinda busy with better stuff /dragon dogma, dark souls series n stuff.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
It is far more effective to do reaper 3-5 (depending on your play ability / party comp / etc) than to do high skull reapers (even when abusing charms).

I'm currently grinding about 200k reaper xp per life (in roughly 1.5 days out of game time). While there might be some that are faster than me (some of the people in my group take forever grabbing new equipment / empyting tr cache, etc), they would be better off doing the same routine.

Reaper 8-10 has a MUCH higher chance of failure, much higher resource consumption, takes a lot longer, and some quests are borderline retarded (desert caravan at level, rings a bell).

Charms are great at cap / achievement runs / fun runs. But even then you need to have at least a few instakills to take care of the last mob standing. Not to mention that its nice to be able to kill the mind immunity champs - so that your single target charm + mass hold combo is brutally efficient.

Just my thoughts... ps for reaper 3-5, double finger of death + trap the soul + create thrall is actually faster at clearing than anything else I've seen at those difficulties. If doing heroic pls + reaper, as far as I can tell nothing beats a goo necrolock.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Apr 5th, 2017 at 3:02am
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Apr 3rd, 2017 at 2:05pm:
I crafted 4 heroic [slaver's] pcs + added Sorcery set bonus to Spinneret.

Best decision I've made gear wise in a while and solid from 8-20.  Cannith craft an appropriate Insightful Stat and Insightful SF and you are golden.

https://www.ddo.com/en/update-35-patch-3-release-notes
Quote:
Heroic Against the Slave Lords item crafting is now less expensive. The cost is now 50/20 ingredients rather than 100/25.

Grats!

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #11 - Apr 5th, 2017 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Apr 4th, 2017 at 4:12pm:
(desert caravan at level, rings a bell).

I've completed Desert Caravan solo on elite by zoning in and going AFK for 10 minutes.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 12:17am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 5th, 2017 at 2:17pm:
I've completed Desert Caravan solo on elite by zoning in and going AFK for 10 minutes.

I was talking reaper not elite. If there's a feature I don't know about, I'd be happy to be enlightened. However as it stands, this quest packs a bunch on higher reaper difficulties - its by no means a cakewalk. What I said stands.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #13 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 5:46am
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Apr 4th, 2017 at 4:12pm:
It is far more effective to do reaper 3-5 (depending on your play ability / party comp / etc) than to do high skull reapers (even when abusing charms).

I'm currently grinding about 200k reaper xp per life (in roughly 1.5 days out of game time). While there might be some that are faster than me (some of the people in my group take forever grabbing new equipment / empyting tr cache, etc), they would be better off doing the same routine.

Reaper 8-10 has a MUCH higher chance of failure, much higher resource consumption, takes a lot longer, and some quests are borderline retarded (desert caravan at level, rings a bell).

Charms are great at cap / achievement runs / fun runs. But even then you need to have at least a few instakills to take care of the last mob standing. Not to mention that its nice to be able to kill the mind immunity champs - so that your single target charm + mass hold combo is brutally efficient.

Just my thoughts... ps for reaper 3-5, double finger of death + trap the soul + create thrall is actually faster at clearing than anything else I've seen at those difficulties. If doing heroic pls + reaper, as far as I can tell nothing beats a goo necrolock.

Will try that approach once i gather enough will to actually play.
Biggest issue isnt to complete content but to force yourself as a eu player to play with noone else playing when you have free time.
I cant play every night with my american guildies til 4 am my time just to feel like i got some progress done in this game.
And when i do fall and play with guildie n friends in opposite time zone i force em to play high skulls because, if my game time is limites then id rather play high skulls.
Fucking dont care anymore to be "first to max out reaper tree or first to complete racial bshit".
Feels worse and is tiring me out more then doing actual work...
« Last Edit: Apr 6th, 2017 at 5:49am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #14 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 5th, 2017 at 3:02am:

Honestly getting the mats in Heroic Elite on a capped Lock before this change was a blink in the minds eye.

All this did was make it even faster to fine tune the set beyond Wis based Divine classes that I based the initial set on.  With a few tweaks it'll be great for many Heroic Reaper DC casters. 

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #15 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 9:51am
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Apr 3rd, 2017 at 5:56pm:
Honestly the trick to playing a dc caster is making your spells work for you.

This includes what has been said earlier (target weak save). But it also includes the following:

Don't use an instakill when flesh to stone would do a lot more for you. (i.e. respawning mechanics, like when we used to run tod)

Don't use a stun/instakill when a charm would be a million times more effective. (make spawning mobs at a boss fight work for you rather than deleting them)

Don't use a short cc spell (like web in reaper 10) when a longer cc spell exists (fear really is fucking broken atm).

Don't blow your load early - sometimes it helps to charm a mob before you mass hold or tentacle.

Don't ignore the breadth of your spell book (contagion, fear, dominates, prismatics, command, etc. are all fucking fantastic spells that I see a few people willfully ignoring).

Lastly, learn the fucking champ names/types. This + general game knowledge makes dc casters go from lazily ineffective to gods among men (when it comes to trash).

Thanks for the tip on Fear effects.  <3 <3 <3 that Howl of Terror playing an Enchantment focused Fiend Lock but after several different Lock lives I've come to like GOO the best.

Prolly have to check out the NecroGOO Lock in a life or so but I usually lean more towards enchantment so it'll be a nice change of pace.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint