Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Xsolla's Shady Shit (Read 2472 times)
Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Xsolla's Shady Shit
Apr 4th, 2017 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/63e42m/psa_be_careful_when_buying_gold_t...

This info was posted about Xsolla about a different game and starting to make the rounds to other games that use Xsolla. Since DDO is one of those games, I thought I'd post it here for everyone.

It looks like when you order stuff from Xsolla, they automatically add a 18% gratuity to the order. You must actively select 0% gratuity to prevent this from happening.

Pretty ballsy, I must say.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Xsolla's Shady Shit
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Apr 4th, 2017 at 4:24pm:
https://www.reddit.com/r/RotMG/comments/63e42m/psa_be_careful_when_buying_gold_t...

This info was posted about Xsolla about a different game and starting to make the rounds to other games that use Xsolla. Since DDO is one of those games, I thought I'd post it here for everyone.

It looks like when you order stuff from Xsolla, they automatically add a 18% gratuity to the order. You must actively select 0% gratuity to prevent this from happening.

I've never seen Xsolla do that on anything I've bought from the DDO Market or DDO Store.  But something to be on the lookout for.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Apr 4th, 2017 at 4:24pm:

And not even close to the truth.  I check my credit card statements at the end of every month and I've never been charged extra for an order.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #3 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
raybob wrote on Apr 4th, 2017 at 4:39pm:
And not even close to the truth.  I check my credit card statements at the end of every month and I've never been charged extra for an order.

Sounds like it's new, and they just changed it to 0% by default after the complaints.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #4 - Apr 4th, 2017 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
It sounds like they were doing that on transactions involving real money.   Aside from TP themselves, everything in DDO is purchased with TP or Astral Shards.

I doubt Xsolla cares much about getting tips of TP and AS.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Apr 5th, 2017 at 2:51am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Apr 4th, 2017 at 7:48pm:
I doubt Xsolla cares much about getting tips of TP and AS.

Gus Gorman is rolling in the plat and AS, he gets the 1/3 charged for every AH transaction.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #6 - Apr 5th, 2017 at 7:29am
Print Post  
I think it is an april fools joke.

Either that, or soon the ASAH will rip more AS off of you.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #7 - Apr 6th, 2017 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Apr 5th, 2017 at 7:29am:
I think it is an april fools joke.

i agree wholeheartedly that this entire quoted post is something that will become true. 100% guarantee one of the outcomes quoted above occur. its a great post- a standard that you all should aspire towards

this post gets my support

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Apr 7th, 2017 at 1:05am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Apr 5th, 2017 at 7:29am:

Well not sure if you ever noticed but if you bid on high shard items on the ASAH it does not always put your bids up by one shard. If the item is high priced the auto bid will go up 50 or 100 or more shards. But if you manually input one shard over the current price you bid the lower price. ASAH has been ripping people off stealthily for a long time now people just dont notice or don't complain enough I guess. I am sure in the big picture it puts a few thousand extra shards a week into SSG's pockets and some idiot is just buying more shards as he can't figure out where they are all going. I noticed it on a tome bid several months ago personally and have seen it try and gouge my bid several times since then.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #9 - Apr 7th, 2017 at 3:16am
Print Post  
If it hasn't been bid on, you can match the low price, although you have to put it in manually.  That's why it'll let you bid 1 over.  If it's been bid on, it'll require you to bump it up a tier, which are set automatically, and won't let you bid under that.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Apr 7th, 2017 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Darth Anonymous wrote on Apr 7th, 2017 at 1:05am:
Well not sure if you ever noticed but if you bid on high shard items on the ASAH it does not always put your bids up by one shard. If the item is high priced the auto bid will go up 50 or 100 or more shards. But if you manually input one shard over the current price you bid the lower price. ASAH has been ripping people off stealthily for a long time now people just dont notice or don't complain enough I guess. I am sure in the big picture it puts a few thousand extra shards a week into SSG's pockets and some idiot is just buying more shards as he can't figure out where they are all going. I noticed it on a tome bid several months ago personally and have seen it try and gouge my bid several times since then.

It will also allow you to cancel a post even if it has been bid on, which it claims that is not allowed.  Or at least I've pulled items off of the ASAH to give to guildies where on the first attempt it told me it had been bid on and could not be cancelled, but if I just hit cancel again it cancelled just fine.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Apr 7th, 2017 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Apr 7th, 2017 at 11:37am:
It will also allow you to cancel a post even if it has been bid on, which it claims that is not allowed.  Or at least I've pulled items off of the ASAH to give to guildies where on the first attempt it told me it had been bid on and could not be cancelled, but if I just hit cancel again it cancelled just fine.

Probably was not bid on. Anytime you go to remove ASAH items you have to cancel the first thing you pull twice. Rest then cancel first try.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint