Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) MAKE REAPER XP LIKE BRAVERY BONUS XP (Read 7588 times)
Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

MAKE REAPER XP LIKE BRAVERY BONUS XP
Apr 8th, 2017 at 10:46am
Print Post  
Invited some people for lvl 18-19's Reaper and we were forced to do Heroic Elite.  3 Warlocks in the group, was the worst experience of my life.  Fix this **** already.

Edit..

Just make Reaper Xp like the bravery bonus... i.e. if there is a person in the group over the maximum level, just either reduce or cut Reaper Xp all together.

I'm sure there are many people who would still do Reaper to get the 120% regular xp bonus even if there happens to be someone over leveled.

« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2017 at 11:24pm by Daggertooth »  

IP Logged

LurkYouRongTime
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: FIX LVL 18-19 REAPERS
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2017 at 11:04am
Print Post  
What was "broken" about it? Too hard? How many skulls? And which of the level 18-19 quests specifically?

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2017 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will fix it immediately.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2017 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Skulls are irrelevant. Your warlock party is irrelevant. Its "No heroic quests on reaper if you (or anyone in the group) is lvl20 or higher. Which makes sense considering that at lvl 20 you unlock destinies and get a power boost.

But you can try to PM revaulting. Maybe he will reconsider it.

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 3:25am
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on Apr 8th, 2017 at 1:32pm:
Skulls are irrelevant. Your warlock party is irrelevant. Its "No heroic quests on reaper if you (or anyone in the group) is lvl20 or higher. Which makes sense considering that at lvl 20 you unlock destinies and get a power boost.

But you can try to PM revaulting. Maybe he will reconsider it.

Put in a reaper xp penalty or cap/limitation if your 20 doing an 18-19 to account for ED's so people can't abuse the system. 

As someone who runs reaper for the challenge and pays little attention to the reaper xp, this really pisses me off.  This completely ruins all the lvl 18's and 19's now which is a significant portion of the game, all to stop some morons from trying to abuse the reaper xp system.   

Just put a penalty or modifier to reaper xp for lvl 20s+ running lvl Heroic lvl quests.

I PM'ed Revaulting lets hope he gets off his fat ass and does something for once.
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2017 at 3:28am by Daggertooth »  

IP Logged

Tangelina
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 3:50am
Print Post  
You still haven't really explained the problem on your gameplay? What does the reaper difficulty do to you or how did it affects you playing it!

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #6 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Nothing is broken about level 18-19 quests.  It is WAI.   I don't agree with it either, but it is not broken.   

since the rng and cc updates, the gear difference between 19 and 20 is minor.   But the power from the EDs is dramatic.

IP Logged

Cripey
Shroud Slacker

Fuck you, thats my name.

Reply #7 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 8:35am
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Apr 9th, 2017 at 3:25am:
As someone who runs reaper for the challenge and pays little attention to the reaper xp,

20s in reaper 18 and 19s is over level. So what challenge?

Grands Superhero IRL

Or as they say in Ireland -
Derp derp derp derp. Yellow moons. Lassie.

Hordo wrote on Nov 21st, 2012 at 8:07am:
EDIT: BTW I love your post.  It reads as if English is your 3rd language behind gibberish and dipshit.

majmalphunktion wrote on Mar 20th, 2014 at 6:11pm:
what the fuck guys...

Jeesus fucking shit. This shit gets me called to the principals office.

Assholes.

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #8 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Put in a reaper xp penalty or cap/limitation if your 20 doing an 18-19 to account for ED's so people can't abuse the system. 

As someone who runs reaper for the challenge and pays little attention to the reaper xp, this really pisses me off.  This completely ruins all the lvl 18's and 19's now which is a significant portion of the game, all to stop some morons from trying to abuse the reaper xp system.   

Just put a penalty or modifier to reaper xp for lvl 20s+ running lvl Heroic lvl quests.

I PM'ed Revaulting lets hope he gets off his fat ass and does something for once.

They did add a penalty, dipshit. The penalty is that you can't run them. So you think a party of characters who just hit level 20 and are fully pimped out with epic destinies would go run Shipwrecked Spy, Schemes of the Enemy, Bastion of Power or whatever and get some sort of challenge? Unless your skills are somewhere to the left of Fran's, not fucking likely.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #9 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
spathic wrote on Apr 9th, 2017 at 11:33am:
They did add a penalty, dipshit. The penalty is that you can't run them. So you think a party of characters who just hit level 20 and are fully pimped out with epic destinies would go run Shipwrecked Spy, Schemes of the Enemy, Bastion of Power or whatever and get some sort of challenge? Unless your skills are somewhere to the left of Fran's, not fucking likely.

Yeah, but that sweet, sweet 7K xp!

You know, thinking about it though, it's one of the few things they didn't fuck up - at least reaper and elite share the same streak.  I can just imagine them putting in another tier where running a quest on elite would blow your raper streak.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #10 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
The gap between not 20 and 20 has always been there and they never tried to fix it.
( probably because it's too hard to fix in a game that had 10 levels at start and never planned initially to go beyond 20 )
The best assumption to make is that it will be there for Raper too... Any other assumption is being a village idiot.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Apr 9th, 2017 at 2:15pm:
The gap between not 20 and 20 has always been there and they never tried to fix it.
( probably because it's too hard to fix in a game that had 10 levels at start and never planned initially to go beyond 20 )
The best assumption to make is that it will be there for Raper too... Any other assumption is being a village idiot.

This... as usual most people on here exhibit the brain capacity of a fucking vegetable.   Epic Destinies are an optional purchase.. not something universal across the board.. and they have never ever done anything in the past to account for it.

But suddenly its ok to run reaper for lvl 21 and 22 quests? Because there is *that much* difference and that much of a jump from lvl 19's to lvl 20 quests that its suddenly Ok to run reaper while being fully decked out with ED's.  Take your fucking heads out of your asses already.   The years go by here and yet nothing ever changes.. its like banging your head against the wall trying to get through to you people.

I have no problem running reaper at lvl for the full reaper xp.  I have a problem with some bass awkwards logic suddenly screwing me out of all the lvl 18 and 19 quests that I was looking forward to running Reaper when I hit 20.  Basically they are again catering and basing their logic around a few fucking complete morons who will sit there and "farm" lvl 19's or whatever w/ their ED's.. and yet its suddenly ok for them to do this for lvl 20 and 21 quests, as if there is that much of a difficulty spike between say House Cannith Elites and lvl 21 Elites. 

Same shit different day really... they've been fucking over legitimate players for years trying to go after the few loudmouths on the forums with their watching the grass grow playstyles of 'farming this or that ad nauseum.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
If you are doing reaper, you should be setting max level of your party to quest level (on normal).

I.e. Do vale at 16, reavers refuge at 17, etc.

While I think lockout and reaper xp is retarded, the current setup does not prohibit you from doing 18-19 quest levels.

Also personally, I'm glad that we are finally running stuff @ level - it adds to the variety / breadth of content we cycle through. It also isn't dogshit easy.

All the above being said, I think if you want to do heroic abbot as a level 30 go ahead - unfortunately that's not possible and its a serious problem imo.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #13 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Apr 9th, 2017 at 6:51pm:
If you are doing reaper, you should be setting max level of your party to quest level (on normal).

I.e. Do vale at 16, reavers refuge at 17, etc.

While I think lockout and reaper xp is retarded, the current setup does not prohibit you from doing 18-19 quest levels.

Also personally, I'm glad that we are finally running stuff @ level - it adds to the variety / breadth of content we cycle through. It also isn't dogshit easy.

All the above being said, I think if you want to do heroic abbot as a level 30 go ahead - unfortunately that's not possible and its a serious problem imo.

I agree with everything you said except one word.

It's a problem.  Serious is a bit much.  The amount of "OMG this is a travesty" displayed by Daggertooth is embarrassing for him.  I don't agree with it either, but it's not that big a deal.  Nobody was running level 18 or 19 quests all that much under the BB system because you ran 2 levels under and held 18.  Which meant you used the vale to cap.  Now you are actually more likely to run them at level 18 or 19.  I've run more level 18 and 19 quests in the last month than I did in the prior 2 years.  But, I still agree that a level 20 should be able to run level 19 content on reaper.  But it's not in my top 10 things I don't like.  Not even close.
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2017 at 6:56pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #14 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Apr 9th, 2017 at 6:51pm:

Heroic Abbot is a really fun time, and the Quiver is relevant still - outrunning reapers is a lot of fun.

The easy way to run it is with a full group, but you really do only need like 4 people. Tiles is soloable if you know what you're doing and have a good scout.

My splits for heroic abbot are as follows - assuming a full group - 4 people for meteors, 1 person for tiles, 1 person for ice, 2 scouts. If we assume that everyone can do everything, scouts aren't needed. A run takes a good 20 minutes or so and everyone's happy.

I've run heroic abbot 16 total times in the last few weeks trying to get a guildie a quiver (pulled mine at run 6 or so), I am 99% sure the drop rate for the Seal of the Black Abbot is fucked, but luckily the shield and tome 8pcs become a Seal so no problemo.

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #15 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 10:31pm
Print Post  

Amen.

Flav wrote on Apr 9th, 2017 at 2:15pm:
being a village idiot.

WAI.

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Apr 9th, 2017 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 9th, 2017 at 6:55pm:
I agree with everything you said except one word.

It's a problem.  Serious is a bit much.  The amount of "OMG this is a travesty" displayed by Daggertooth is embarrassing for him.  I don't agree with it either, but it's not that big a deal.  Nobody was running level 18 or 19 quests all that much under the BB system because you ran 2 levels under and held 18.  Which meant you used the vale to cap.  Now you are actually more likely to run them at level 18 or 19.  I've run more level 18 and 19 quests in the last month than I did in the prior 2 years.  But, I still agree that a level 20 should be able to run level 19 content on reaper.  But it's not in my top 10 things I don't like.  Not even close.

Well obviously its not an end of the world issue, but I was severely pissed when I started the thread.   When I invite people to a party I consider myself the host of that party and I ensure that I choose a quest and difficulty that will guarantee when people leave, they are saying "this is why I play DDO.. a truly satisfying experience"

Now when we were forced into doing Elite, it became a complete flop and was so utterly ridiculous and boring, it was like running something on casual.  I am not great friends with the people I invite, they are just people I have played with over the years and I see them in the LFM list and I hit them up for some quests.  I wanted to run Palace of Stone on reaper, we were forced into Elite which was a flop... basically they were all flops and it was a terrible time for all. 

Whats more I don't "get through lives'... I look forward to reaching certain stages of each life and then running the quests at the right difficulty level and having a good time, hopefully with my various comrades etc on the server.   Having the entire stock of 18's and 19's taken out of the fold *did* severely aggravate me as it so happened I dropped a big chunk of change respeccing my character and now its impossible to even find anyone to grp with because I'm now 20 and we can't do reaper.  Had I known this to be the case I would have just TR'ed.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Apr 10th, 2017 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Apr 9th, 2017 at 7:01pm:
Heroic Abbot is a really fun time, and the Quiver is relevant still - outrunning reapers is a lot of fun.

The easy way to run it is with a full group, but you really do only need like 4 people. Tiles is soloable if you know what you're doing and have a good scout.

My splits for heroic abbot are as follows - assuming a full group - 4 people for meteors, 1 person for tiles, 1 person for ice, 2 scouts. If we assume that everyone can do everything, scouts aren't needed. A run takes a good 20 minutes or so and everyone's happy.

I've run heroic abbot 16 total times in the last few weeks trying to get a guildie a quiver (pulled mine at run 6 or so), I am 99% sure the drop rate for the Seal of the Black Abbot is fucked, but luckily the shield and tome 8pcs become a Seal so no problemo.

Sorry I should have clarified: heroic reaper abbot (you can't be an epic toon and qualify). I used to do 4-7 runs a week on elite solo or duoing it. (you can never have enough vile blasphemy gloves - i have 12 on my one toon).

It is by far my favorite raid (@ release epic LOB might be tied). I just wish I could run it on reaper for nostalgia reasons @ 30 with my friends.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #18 - Apr 10th, 2017 at 1:06am
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Apr 10th, 2017 at 12:11am:
Sorry I should have clarified: heroic reaper abbot (you can't be an epic toon and qualify). I used to do 4-7 runs a week on elite solo or duoing it. (you can never have enough vile blasphemy gloves - i have 12 on my one toon).

It is by far my favorite raid (@ release epic LOB might be tied). I just wish I could run it on reaper for nostalgia reasons @ 30 with my friends.

So yeah getting people for it might be rough, but I can see it being totally doable at level. The three rooms don't have mobs in them so the only real issue would be the center, and I was able to turn undead on my cleric life and clear the platform.

Now I'm totally itching to run it on-level, damn.

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #19 - Apr 10th, 2017 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Apr 9th, 2017 at 11:47pm:
Well obviously its not an end of the world issue, but I was severely pissed when I started the thread.   When I invite people to a party I consider myself the host of that party and I ensure that I choose a quest and difficulty that will guarantee when people leave, they are saying "this is why I play DDO.. a truly satisfying experience"

Now when we were forced into doing Elite, it became a complete flop and was so utterly ridiculous and boring, it was like running something on casual.  I am not great friends with the people I invite, they are just people I have played with over the years and I see them in the LFM list and I hit them up for some quests.  I wanted to run Palace of Stone on reaper, we were forced into Elite which was a flop... basically they were all flops and it was a terrible time for all. 

Whats more I don't "get through lives'... I look forward to reaching certain stages of each life and then running the quests at the right difficulty level and having a good time, hopefully with my various comrades etc on the server.   Having the entire stock of 18's and 19's taken out of the fold *did* severely aggravate me as it so happened I dropped a big chunk of change respeccing my character and now its impossible to even find anyone to grp with because I'm now 20 and we can't do reaper.  Had I known this to be the case I would have just TR'ed.

I get what you are saying.  I'm glad you posted it so that other people don't make the same mistake.  It is tough for party leaders to remember all the differences between reaper and regular N/H/E questing.  That's a big part of why I wish they didn't have two different ways of handling XP penalties and when they kick in.  The whole thing requires too much effort to keep straight.  And people rely on their party leaders to know what the xp implications are for running Content X on Difficulty Y with players levels A, B, and C. 

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #20 - Apr 10th, 2017 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
There are 5 different kinds of xp. 6, if you count the didn't-lose-but-have-to-re-earn destiny xp when you epic TR, and 8, if you count the different heroic TR tiers on top of that. Some stack, and some don't. Eventually we'll get sentient weapons and ... will weapons get reaper xp? Cannith crafting? potentially 9 to 16 different kinds of xp.

That's not counting favor, which has two echelons of 3 tiers each, with its own rules about what stacks, and what doesn't. And reaper, which counts as elite.

Why would anyone be confused!?

The people at SSG think information overload is their friend.

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 3:41am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Apr 10th, 2017 at 12:04pm:
I get what you are saying.  I'm glad you posted it so that other people don't make the same mistake.  It is tough for party leaders to remember all the differences between reaper and regular N/H/E questing.  That's a big part of why I wish they didn't have two different ways of handling XP penalties and when they kick in.  The whole thing requires too much effort to keep straight.  And people rely on their party leaders to know what the xp implications are for running Content X on Difficulty Y with players levels A, B, and C. 

It makes no sense because Epic Destinies are sold as something to empower your character when they reach level 20.  Coming back and prohibiting access to content based on the said advantage that they sold to customers makes no sense at all.

If they are saying you can't use your ED's in Reaper they should also cut off access to the stuff they want to sell you in the DDO Store while in Reaper.. as that is the same type of advantage.

« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2017 at 3:48am by Daggertooth »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #22 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 3:41am:
Epic Destinies are sold as something to empower your character when they reach level 20.

EDs are not an optional power increase. They are a paywall between piking and effectiveness in epic content.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 11:43am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 11:22am:
EDs are not an optional power increase. They are a paywall between piking and effectiveness in epic content.

The power increase is insane. It's almost like playing with AP and without AP

IP Logged

DDONoob
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 5:31am
Print Post  

How does it ruin it? Do them with max level 19 characters.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint