Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Wild Mage: Easy To Add + Change The Whole Game (Read 1586 times)
Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wild Mage: Easy To Add + Change The Whole Game
Apr 17th, 2017 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Most of the old exploits could be reintroduced to the code as Wild Magic. Reintroduce old bugs for when wild magic goes wrong.

A few examples of new Wild Spells

Hocus Backpocus: Maybe you dupe an ingredient stack; maybe you lose your TR cache.

Finger of Derp: Maybe an epic boss you're fighting becomes the heroic version; maybe it reverts to its pre-activated version, refusing to trigger, and now the quest is unfinishable.

Stupid Pet Tricks: Maybe your cosmetic pet becomes an invulnerable shield, impervious to all attacks; maybe its AI-pathing causes a lagwipe.

Puppet Mastery: Maybe your toon spontaneously TRs when it dies, with xp to lvl 30; maybe you lose all past lives.

True hardcore players can risk their entire accounts by entering Wild Magic Zones (anywhere off-map). In these zones, all exploits and bugs are enabled. But also there is a new monster, The Grue. If The Grue kills your toon, it also bans your account.

This is just a "What If?" because I'm bored. Feel free to add more examples, if you're similarly bored. No real need to worry about practical implementation or whether SSG would go for it.

On that note no, SSG will never. Despite gaining an obvious scapegoat for all coding errors.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Re: Wild Mage: Easy To Add + Change The Whole Game
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Maybe the load screen contains helpful tips, maybe The

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

spathic
Stocky Greenis

Taunting the stupid since
before you were born.

Reply #2 - Apr 17th, 2017 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Maybe you can Adrenaline over XYZZY's DR, maybe the baby beholders bypass your deathblock.

Maybe you can cheese the saga turn in for endless guild renown, maybe you are swept up in a festival auto-ban mechanic.

Maybe it's a class impervious to Fran's ineptitude, maybe it's a card collecting game.

Maybe it's a Grand sock, maybe it's a Forrest sock.

Instant asshole. Just add alcohol.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 7:31am
Print Post  
nice topic

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

knockcocker
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Something about tendon slice/crippled...

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #5 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Maybe WOP/WOE hasn't been nerfed to oblivion ( it's a very very old one )

Maybe Blade Barrier hasn't been nerfed into oblivion ( took them 3 times to manage to kill most of it's use )

Maybe the Enhancement Crash didn't come to pass and Trees were made from the old enhancements.

Maybe the Loot hasn't been Ghostbanned.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #6 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Chaotic Quicken: Maybe you can cast your next spell while it's on cooldown; maybe instead of casting your next spell, it just goes on cooldown.

ADHD Permanency: Maybe a spell buff of your choosing lasts until you log out; maybe all spell DOTs cast on you last until you log out.

Chaotic Elarge Spell: Maybe you can cast your spells through walls; maybe you get aggro from all mobs on the map, and they can cast through walls.

In A Single Bound: Maybe you shoot skyward in the equivalent of a lag jump; maybe you just lag.

Festive Surprise!: Maybe you convince the devs to turn on a random festival for a "sneak preview" hour; maybe instead, they ban 100-1,000 random accounts for a day.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint