Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Effective HP Calclulation (Read 7340 times)
@i@
Dirty Sock

Evading a ban XD

Re: Effective HP Calclulation
Reply #25 - May 17th, 2017 at 7:04am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on May 16th, 2017 at 2:17pm:
Lets say you're farming reaper slavers base items....Then jerk off in your guildies eye about your awesome effective health point pool into a pool of his tears as he gets arrow raped, cleave raped, and rat raped in the slave pits of the undercity.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Priceless. Get a life u idiot. Maybe your guildies are busy skullfucking ur mom 24/7  and they don't have the time or are idiot enough to dedícate to maths on a dead game from 2006.

Just fucking die slowly motherfucker Wink

Quote:
No dumbass, they're mediocre. Most of the people have about 6 int in real life and chew rather than playing.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #26 - May 17th, 2017 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 16th, 2017 at 8:52pm:
C'mon, man.  You have to know that this is the wrong approach.  Even with things that are far easier to understand DDO is an exercise in stacking advantages on advantages in order to be OP.

A player who does not understand the math behind their build could very easily make a gimp toon, and that is a truth which I believe has been present since the game was launched.  Instead of criticizing the peeps who have done the white board math you should be celebrating them.  Their work can make you suck less.  From the very simple "Is my weapon with a W critical profile and X threat range better than my weapon with a Y critical profile and Z threat range?" to the more complex questions this thread is covering.

Not that I'm saying that you suck, but a lack of knowledge about how things work is usually hand in hand with suckage.  I win a lot of board games because I play to the victory conditions instead of playing to some imagined and non-existent goal.  I have both designed games (not published, but fairly well received in my circle of gamers) and I have my name in the playtester credits of a few published and successful games.  Mostly because I can contribute exactly the kind of analysis you are denigrating here.  Math isn't hard, it is illuminating.

One could only wish that there were more Turbine/SSG employees who enjoyed working the numbers and could have headed off their various and storied missteps across the years by illuminating the ignorant masses with the cold, sharp light of math.

No, I still maintain that calculating effective HP is a complete and total bullshit waste of time due to the FACT that every single effective HP calc DOES NOT take into account ALL the various in game factors.

EHP vs 1 mob? 2 mobs? 12 mobs?  Bosses or Trash?

Casters, Melee or Archer type mobs?

Are you moving?  Are they moving?

Are there landscape features that can be taken advantage of?  Effectively working Corners and Pillars into your gear set make your EHP vs some mobs infinity for a short period of time.

Is the character jumping?  Moving?

Do the mobs have Spring Attack?

What quest is being considered?

Solo? 2 man?  Full group?  Some classes score higher on initial aggro list.  What's the chance of your toon getting aggro from n number of mobs with m number of party members of class a,b,c,d,e...

The fact is that real world game play has many variables that will directly and indirectly modify your results by qualifiable and quantifiable ways making any vaccuum calculation of EHP a wash.

Do keep going though.  It's very entertaining to watch people make conclusions based on incomplete data while believing they are doing something that matters.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #27 - May 17th, 2017 at 9:46am
Print Post  
And skullfucking....

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #28 - May 17th, 2017 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 17th, 2017 at 4:44am:
C'mon!  Really?  God damnit all to the fucking Hell.

I thought that geeks were of a higher caliber these days.  But then you'd need to understand that caliber is an actual measurement system and we'd go down that rabbit hole if you were an actual geek instead of a geek who uses a GUI interface to pretend to be a geek.

Pro tip:  A geek would not just know how to use that GUI, she would know how to make it do things that it was never intended to do.  Well.

Aww, fuck...  Get off'a my lawn you fucking script kiddies!

check the thread title fam

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #29 - May 18th, 2017 at 1:03am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on May 16th, 2017 at 7:16am:
This vaultie is naked. He has no data. Just hunches.

My question was rhetorical, not ignorance you boob. My point in asking was the point Spacegoat made: at high enough AC to give a flying shit about these calcs and at the equivalent end game to hits, there aren't a lot of places where that delta matters much to overall effective HP.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #30 - May 18th, 2017 at 8:15am
Print Post  
do you have data on your tits?

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce