Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic The DDO Forum population seems brain dead dull (Read 2063 times)
karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

The DDO Forum population seems brain dead dull
May 21st, 2017 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Anyone else notice just how little activity the main forums and the vault here really have these days? Some times posts days or even weeks old remain on the front page due to so little posting.

To me there is little that offers better proof that the game is spiraling downward. An mmo with even a modestly active population should see forum activity comparable to what DDO saw at its best. This to me paints a clear picture that only rabid fanboism remain. Those who care have grown sick and frustrated and walked away in disgust.

I let the reaper stuff be a reason to come back for a look but honestly took about an hour or soloing reaper to be like eh what's the point.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: The DDO Forum population seems brain dead dull
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2017 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
The first death nail to the forums was the "forced change" that killed activity there.

It never recovered from that change and the data wipe of portals/blogs from the community hosted by Turbine.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2017 at 3:55am
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 1:14pm:
The first death nail to the forums was the ultimate censoprship and double standard applied during bans and infractions: like banning people who talk rudely about ssg/turdbin employees, but getting 2 infractions for defending turdbin/ssg in a rude dick manner.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2017 at 3:55am
Print Post  
Soz bark, just thought I correct you there.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #4 - May 22nd, 2017 at 3:57am
Print Post  
Spiraling downwards?!  Nigga that shit's been a fucking doorknob for years.

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #5 - May 22nd, 2017 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on May 22nd, 2017 at 3:55am:
The first death nail to the forums was when they started protecting Fran and issuing infractions to anyone that argues with him or calls him out.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #6 - May 22nd, 2017 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
karavek wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 10:03am:
To me there is little that offers better proof that the game is spiraling downward.

Or is everyone banned?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #7 - May 22nd, 2017 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
karavek wrote on May 21st, 2017 at 10:03am:
To me there is little that offers better proof that the game is spiraling downward.

It has been commonly discussed that maybe 10% of the population posts on the forums.  So, what? half of that number no longer posts?  Some of which may still be playing, just not posting?  "Proof" is a bit of a strong term considering all you have to go on is your own perception of the situation.

I'm pretty sure you can take your own anecdotal view of forum activity and spin it to support whatever opinion you already have.  It's call confirmation bias. 

A fanboi might say "All the trolls have been driven away by SSG's fair enforcement of the rules, yay!  Great job!"

A doomboi might say "The game is spiraling downhill and SSG's draconian, heavy handed policies have driven away all the dedicated, knowledgeable players with enough balls to stand up to them."

You see what you want to see.

I think, more likely, the forums have ebbs and flows.   Depending on the release cycle, the time of year, and other mitigating factors.  It is well known to be exam time at most colleges from late april to late may.  High schools a little later. mid may to early june.   At least in this part of the U.S., for example.  The NBA and NHL are in their playoffs.  Baseball has started up.  Some sports fans might be partaking of that.  The weather in the U.S. has been extra warm in May, for the most part.  People might be tending to their yards, enjoying the spring weather, etc. 

I don't know how much the activity of the forums have changed or if there are just fewer interesting threads.  If the activity is lowered, I don't know by how much or whether the players who are not posting are not playing the game either.  Thus, I don't know if the lowered of activity on the forums is good or bad for the game.

« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2017 at 4:26pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint