Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DDO the best game I ever played (Read 32234 times)
karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

DDO the best game I ever played
May 24th, 2017 at 1:42am
Print Post  
No I'm not talking about my own view of DDO with that thread title.

No what I mean is some people over the years on the forums have said this very thing. And what's more disturbing is they will often have its companions lines like its the first and only mmo I've played or worse suggest its superior to other classic D&D games like torment or baldurs gate.

And they seem to mean it! Fucking madness I know right. I figure even a stroked out 60 year old whose last video game was pong would know better.

Don't get me wrong like I figure most here DDO had moments. A first time through a new bit of content with a fun group or even solo could be a decent game experience. But the best ever? Not on its best day.

So how do people say this Shiite with a straight face? My theory they are zealot fanboism who simply can't be honest with themselves.

I've played lots of mmo and even ones with less life span offered more spine tingle moments especially if having open world PvP an essential ingredient in immersion.

I've played lots of RPG. Turn based and real time personal and squad builders so many games that clearly are amazing entries into their respective genres.

I've more then 200 games of all sorts on steam at least 30 in my beaten games folder and that's just PC games from the last 4 or so years since I started using steam and many are truly great games.

But what is the nest game ever in my eyes. That's not yet been made. Don't know if its even possible to make a game I could find no faults with or find a moment that makes me think man I wish I could do or have something from that one game in this one.

Even if you love a given game calling it the best game ever seems so full of hyperbole that any one using it for any game comes off as a liar or deluded fanboism type but in DDOs case it really reeks of troll bait.

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: DDO the best game I ever played
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2017 at 2:07am
Print Post  
best post ev-ah

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #2 - May 24th, 2017 at 3:05am
Print Post  
But DDO IS the best game any1 ever played!!!

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #3 - May 24th, 2017 at 6:07am
Print Post  
Played DDO
Met wife
Moved in together
Got married
Had kid
Kid is most important thing in my life
Ergo DDO is best game I ever played

As far as games go, I have played a few thousand at least in 40 years.  DDO offers replayability, socializing, and char customization and I don't even have to leave the house.  As I got older I realized I would rather play a few games I have played already and enjoy for longer periods than go buy/rent/borrow a bunch of new games that many times are 10-20 hours and done.  Infinity engine, DDO, and Blizzard games are about all I play anymore.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #4 - May 24th, 2017 at 6:26am
Print Post  
Meanwhile, Pong is an unforgiving bitch.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - May 24th, 2017 at 7:52am
Print Post  
karavek wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 1:42am:
steam [...] truly great games.

These two things are mutually exclusive.  Your post is fail.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #6 - May 24th, 2017 at 7:53am
Print Post  
Clearly the best game ever is Saints Row 2, amirite?

IP Logged

Carlin
Korthos Resident

Fuck the Children!

Reply #7 - May 24th, 2017 at 8:59am
Print Post  
even ones with less life span offered more spine tingle moments especially if having open world PvP

Ah!  That reminds me of Meridian59. Back in 1996.  Talk about clunky enjoyable shit.  PvP at it's finest when that's all there was.  Also the rpg version of the game was additive as fucking hell too!

You'll be fine if you just wash the main four parts of the body.  Armpits, Asshole, Crotch & Teeth.  In fact to save time, you can use the same brush on all four parts.

IP Logged

TurdbineHater
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - May 24th, 2017 at 11:49am
Print Post  
I've played lots of mmo and even ones with less life span offered more spine tingle moments especially if having open world PvP an essential ingredient in immersion.

Lol.  OP said PvP is essential.  OP is an fagit.

/thread

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #9 - May 24th, 2017 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Carlin wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 8:59am:
Ah!  That reminds me of Meridian59. Back in 1996.  Talk about clunky enjoyable shit.  PvP at it's finest when that's all there was.  Also the rpg version of the game was additive as fucking hell too!

It's still up and running.

http://www.meridian59.com/

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #10 - May 24th, 2017 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 6:26am:

I believe you meant "Ninja Gaiden".

But Pong will totally strap it on and do you without lube, for sure.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - May 24th, 2017 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Trollero wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 6:07am:
Played DDO
Met wife
Moved in together
Got married
Had kid

As far as games go, I have played a few thousand at least in 40 years.  DDO offers replayability, socializing, and char customization and I don't even have to leave the house.  As I got older I realized I would rather play a few games I have played already and enjoy for longer periods than go buy/rent/borrow a bunch of new games that many times are 10-20 hours and done.  Infinity engine, DDO, and Blizzard games are about all I play anymore.

I am so sorry for you man. You see I am firmly anti marriage and anti random breeding. The fact you also admit to have an inactive mind so lazy it doesn't constantly hunger for new experience makes me weep to think you have passed on such genetic material.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - May 24th, 2017 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 7:53am:
Clearly the best game ever is Saints Row 2, amirite?

Actually I can say that is an understandable choice. SR2 is an amazing entry into the GTA genre the voice acting fun and of quality the cut scenes that use in game graphics rather then some immersion breaking CGI video. The amazing gentlemen of the row mod.

I can safely say it ranks among my most memorable game experiences of all time.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - May 24th, 2017 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
TurdbineHater wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 11:49am:
Lol.  OP said PvP is essential.  OP is an fagit.

/thread

Lol oh look another sock of you know who obvious as they think fag is a meaningful insult in this day and age.

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - May 24th, 2017 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 6:26am:

She still hasn't forgiven me for selling her and my old Atari in a yard sale decades ago

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - May 24th, 2017 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 1:47pm:
I believe you meant "Ninja Gaiden".

But Pong will totally strap it on and do you without lube, for sure.

There is no chance of being forgiven by NG as ninja fucking end you if you don't respect them

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #16 - May 24th, 2017 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
No I'm not talking about my own view of DDO with that thread title.

No what I mean is some people over the years on the forums have said this very thing. And what's more disturbing is they will often have its companions lines like its the first and only mmo I've played or worse suggest its superior to other classic D&D games like torment or baldurs gate.

And they seem to mean it! Fucking madness I know right. I figure even a stroked out 60 year old whose last video game was pong would know better.

Don't get me wrong like I figure most here DDO had moments. A first time through a new bit of content with a fun group or even solo could be a decent game experience. But the best ever? Not on its best day.

So how do people say this Shiite with a straight face? My theory they are zealot fanboism who simply can't be honest with themselves.

I've played lots of RPG. Turn based and real time personal and squad builders so many games that clearly are amazing entries into their respective genres.

I've more then 200 games of all sorts on steam at least 30 in my beaten games folder and that's just PC games from the last 4 or so years since I started using steam and many are truly great games.

But what is the nest game ever in my eyes. That's not yet been made. Don't know if its even possible to make a game I could find no faults with or find a moment that makes me think man I wish I could do or have something from that one game in this one.

Even if you love a given game calling it the best game ever seems so full of hyperbole that any one using it for any game comes off as a liar or deluded fanboism type but in DDOs case it really reeks of troll bait.

Cool story.   Could have skipped the wall of text and just said "If you're opinion doesn't line up with mine, you're wrong, crazy, gay and retarded".
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2017 at 4:03pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - May 24th, 2017 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 4:01pm:
Cool story.   Could have skipped the wall of text and just said "If you're opinion doesn't line up with mine, you're wrong, crazy, gay and retarded".

Uhm bro that is def not a wall o text by any def. And are you trying to say someone calling DDO a better d&d game experience then torment isn't at the least wrong and more then likely suffering some form of mental impairment and or illness? And as for gay well yeah if your not playing a game that pets your characters fuck then I do have to wonder about their sexual preference to.

I myself always use nude and sex mods on games like fallout 3 elder scrolls4 and dragon age. I mean what kind of sexually aware adult doesn't appreciate some sex even in their video games?

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - May 24th, 2017 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
S_O_B wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 2:07am:
best post ev-ah

Oh sorry nearly missed yours.

Thanks just felt the vault was in dire need of an active topic.

IP Logged

DDOcrackhead
Stormreaver Piker

Worlds: Khyber, Wayfinder

Reply #19 - May 24th, 2017 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Ofc It's not the best game ever but over the course of over 5 years I've been playing it almost daily and yeah, that's quite an achievement. Although I'm feeling less and less addicted it filled a gap in my life when I had a crisis and in terms of long-time playability it certainly can't be that bad.

Even though it's flawed by inability of the devs and many assholes playing it, it's still my no. 1 game. Heck, just think what it might be with able devs and an even bigger and cooler community, it would be one of the best games of the era, not just a fucking niche game.

***TWF-Kalashtar, 1-st hand: Nerf-hammer, 2-nd hand: Troll-hammer. Intimidate 500. Bluff 600***

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - May 24th, 2017 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
DDOcrackhead wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 5:03pm:
Ofc It's not the best game ever but over the course of over 5 years I've been playing it almost daily and yeah, that's quite an achievement. Although I'm feeling less and less addicted it filled a gap in my life when I had a crisis and in terms of long-time playability it certainly can't be that bad.

Even though it's flawed by inability of the devs and many assholes playing it, it's still my no. 1 game. Heck, just think what it might be with able devs and an even bigger and cooler community, it would be one of the best games of the era, not just a fucking niche game.

Sadly I doubt that. My most active mmo was city of heroes. 8 years 4 to 8 hours on the weekdays and nonstop on the week ends. And three years in I became a full time leader and mentor  running task forces which even the easiest would be seen as some impossible challenge to DDO s typical grinder.

No sword and sorcery games are a dime a dozen and fracture any potential fan base even d&d players have typically a source material that made them get into tossing dice. Lotr for example or Conan the mmo which only due to failcome didn't hold the mature gamer audience who all craved an mmo free of annoying children.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #21 - May 24th, 2017 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
Trollero wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 6:07am:
Played DDO
Met wife
Moved in together
Got married
Had kid

Ditto, up until the last line.  Best game I've ever played in my life was the first time my Baby initiated a game of Peekabo.
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2017 at 8:14pm by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - May 24th, 2017 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 8:13pm:
Ditto, up until the last line.  Best game I've ever played in my life was the first time my Baby initiated a game of Peekabo.

While I still don't encourage random breeding your response seems far more reasonable a view to hold if a parent.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #23 - May 25th, 2017 at 12:25am
Print Post  
karavek wrote on May 24th, 2017 at 4:16pm:
Uhm bro that is def not a wall o text by any def. And are you trying to say someone calling DDO a better d&d game experience then torment isn't at the least wrong and more then likely suffering some form of mental impairment and or illness? And as for gay well yeah if your not playing a game that pets your characters fuck then I do have to wonder about their sexual preference to.

I myself always use nude and sex mods on games like fallout 3 elder scrolls4 and dragon age. I mean what kind of sexually aware adult doesn't appreciate some sex even in their video games?

Compared to just saying "their opinion is different from mine so they're wrong and crazy", it is a relative wall of text.

If someone personally thinks DDO is the best game ever, that's their opinion and they're entitled to it just as you're entitled to think it isn't.   That doesn't make them stupid, wrong, or lame.  You insulting them and implying that they are just because their opinion differs from yours makes you look stupid and lame however.

Personally, I don't think DDO is the best game ever either, but it may well be the best game ever to other people and good for them if it is.
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2017 at 12:29am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

karavek
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - May 25th, 2017 at 2:22am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on May 25th, 2017 at 12:25am:
Compared to just saying "their opinion is different from mine so they're wrong and crazy", it is a relative wall of text.

If someone personally thinks DDO is the best game ever, that's their opinion and they're entitled to it just as you're entitled to think it isn't.   That doesn't make them stupid, wrong, or lame.  You insulting them and implying that they are just because their opinion differs from yours makes you look stupid and lame however.

Personally, I don't think DDO is the best game ever either, but it may well be the best game ever to other people and good for them if it is.

First off having an opinion is not something everyone is entitled to. That is exactly where the issue of entitlement in our modern age comes from.

Children for example have no business voicing their opinion unless asked for it. The same is true for any lacking meaningful experience enough to have a valid thought in their heads.

When I've shit to get done or need some help its not asking for advice and if they offer it unasked they get told to shut the fuck up and far less politely then that.

Second you are one ungrateful cunt. Here I am fucking around trying to put out some good fun time trash talk to help shake off the rust settling on the vault and you want to throw around terms like wall o text know its completely inaccurate then try to use a by degrees type argument like your fuckwit chai  from the mobo.

If your going to fucking waste time here. Read threads and fucking post. Then come on bring it both barrels and let's get some real shit flying.

Because your fucking boring me with your wah wah QQ I call people with differing views stupid fuckwits as if they didn't deserve it.

So come on you want to step into the shit then jump in and get dirty. Don't pussy foot the fuck around like some priss bitch afraid to get a stain on your new shoes.

Seriously I'm easily fucking amused. If you fail to do that you may as well go drink bleach and shower in gasoline while juggling torches one handed. At least then you'd do something mildly amusing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint