Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Purey Shuri (Read 131392 times)
5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: Purey Shuri
Reply #100 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Finnigan wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 12:21pm:
Has there been any word on whether weapon versatility (the higher of melee or ranged used for missile attacks) from the Vistani tree is intended to work with shuriken? The 5 piece prowess set would be utterly broken if that applies.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't and 5 piece Prowess is dope for melee.

But...

Given that most MP/RP buffs are symmetrical, and the ones that aren't tend to favor RP. For example, 5 piece prowess with versatility doesn't do anything if if you have Archer's Focus stacked (45 RP) and 10K Stars active (80ish RP).

Granted, I haven't explored every current possibility, but my cursory analysis of vistani versatility prior to filigree said "this is no where close to worth it for ranged."

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #101 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 12:54pm:
Granted, I haven't explored every current possibility, but my cursory analysis of vistani versatility prior to filigree said "this is no where close to worth it for ranged."

could be if built differently. using henshin cores and prowess set, but then only like you said when not 10k and no af, and while boosting.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Finnigan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #102 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 12:54pm:
Given that most MP/RP buffs are symmetrical, and the ones that aren't tend to favor RP. For example, 5 piece prowess with versatility doesn't do anything if if you have Archer's Focus stacked (45 RP) and 10K Stars active (80ish RP).

Crap, that's what was missing from my calculations. Totally spaced the RP boost to 10k stars. Ok...back to the drawing board.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #103 - Dec 9th, 2017 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
On the other hand, it seems like you should be able to equip a bow or shuriken on a centered tree or wolf build and get +80ish MP with 10K via versatility.
« Last Edit: Dec 9th, 2017 at 4:04pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 3:56am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 10:19am:
That might be the best DPS set up, though it seems a shame to not utilize one of the procs.

I was thinking the +40 MRR cap set might be too good to pass up on any robe-wearer though.

Which proc? 14d6 poison?

I think Steelstar mentioned that the MRR cap was going to be re-examined "in the future".

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #105 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Dec 11th, 2017 at 3:56am:
Which proc? 14d6 poison?

I think Steelstar mentioned that the MRR cap was going to be re-examined "in the future".

i think this set is ideal for throwers

The Long Shadow 1 dex, 5 ranged power, +1 hit and damage

2 Pieces: +3 Melee and Ranged Power            
3 Pieces: Assassin's Sentience: Melee and Missile attacks deal an additional 4d6 +1d6 per character epic level in acid damage. This effect will not stack with other Sentience weapon procs.

but the ranged power boost set should beat it out;

Deadly Rain (Rare) 1 dex, 5 rp, +1 hit and damage, +2 critical confirm and critical damage. 1 wisdom

2 Pieces: +5 Ranged Power            
3 Pieces: +2 Damage            
4 Pieces: +3% Chance to Deflect Missiles            
5 Pieces: When you use an action boost, gain +20 Ranged power for 20 seconds

leaves me with 2 slots fre for ;

Zephyr (Rare) 1 dex, 2 dubshot+2 rp

2 Pieces: +5 Magical Resistance Rating

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #106 - Dec 11th, 2017 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 11th, 2017 at 10:16pm:
i think this set is ideal for throwers

The Long Shadow 1 dex, 5 ranged power, +1 hit and damage

2 Pieces: +3 Melee and Ranged Power            
3 Pieces: Assassin's Sentience: Melee and Missile attacks deal an additional 4d6 +1d6 per character epic level in acid damage. This effect will not stack with other Sentience weapon procs.

but the ranged power boost set should beat it out;

Deadly Rain (Rare) 1 dex, 5 rp, +1 hit and damage, +2 critical confirm and critical damage. 1 wisdom

2 Pieces: +5 Ranged Power            
3 Pieces: +2 Damage            
4 Pieces: +3% Chance to Deflect Missiles            
5 Pieces: When you use an action boost, gain +20 Ranged power for 20 seconds

leaves me with 2 slots fre for ;

Zephyr (Rare) 1 dex, 2 dubshot+2 rp

2 Pieces: +5 Magical Resistance Rating

hmm, on second thought carpone's set up is better. doesnt need boost for the rp.

IP Logged

Korvel
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #107 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Guys can i ask if a 12 rogue / 6 monk / 2 ranger of fighter is better than pure or the 14 monk / 6 ranger? I think that mechanic tier 4 and 5 abilities are with great synergy with shurikens. Can you shed some light?

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Monk/Ranger has 40% doubleshot (20% Killer, 20% T5 Deepwoods Stalker) vs 10% from Mechanic, without including the 30-40% doubleshot from the delta in monk levels during 10KS.  Even with Mechanic's additional ranged power, it falls short of that gap.

If you go 12 Rogue/6 Monk/2 Ranger, you're also losing a feat (Precise Shot) compared to Monk/Ranger.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #109 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 11th, 2017 at 10:20pm:
hmm, on second thought carpone's set up is better. doesnt need boost for the rp.

I thought hard about the boost option.  Assuming you have 6 charges of haste boost, it's just not enough juice to make it worth the squeeze when in FotW.  If Legendary Dreadnought was reasonable for shuris, that would make the boost option realistic.

IP Logged

Korvel
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #110 - Dec 12th, 2017 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 3:11pm:
Monk/Ranger has 40% doubleshot (20% Killer, 20% T5 Deepwoods Stalker) vs 10% from Mechanic, without including the 30-40% doubleshot from the delta in monk levels during 10KS.  Even with Mechanic's additional ranged power, it falls short of that gap.

If you go 12 Rogue/6 Monk/2 Ranger, you're also losing a feat (Precise Shot) compared to Monk/Ranger.

but don't you also lose these if you go pure?

IP Logged

Jeten
Korthos Resident

There are no men like
me. Only me.

Reply #111 - Dec 13th, 2017 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Total thrower nub here so forgive my ignorance. I've been searching these and DDO vanilla forums for a shuriken build and this one seems to be the most up to date from what I've seen, but I hear people mentioning 14 monk 6 ranger as well. Does someone have a 14/6 build link that still functions well?

I'll be building it from a deep gnome, any decent way to incorporate the wizard level or should I just go with a +1 LR?

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #112 - Dec 13th, 2017 at 9:50am
Print Post  
Jeten wrote on Dec 13th, 2017 at 8:11am:
I'll be building it from a deep gnome, any decent way to incorporate the wizard level or should I just go with a +1 LR?

13monk/6ranger/1wiz for deep gnome.

You'll want to have at least 4 ranger for Precise Shot and 6 monk for 10K stars prior to taking 15, so you can take Improved Precise Shot.
Smth like 1wiz/6ranger/8monk before 15.
Look at the feat list on the 1st page and go from there.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #113 - Dec 13th, 2017 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Korvel wrote on Dec 12th, 2017 at 5:06pm:
but don't you also lose these if you go pure?

Which is why you don't go pure monk if you want an optimal shuri build.

IP Logged

Korvel
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #114 - Dec 13th, 2017 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
What do you mean by optimal?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #115 - Dec 13th, 2017 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Korvel wrote on Dec 13th, 2017 at 3:55pm:

14/6 halfling is the highest dps version. tier 5 dws, racial ap sink netting sneak dice and crit range, as well as the best line of sight for ips.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #116 - Dec 13th, 2017 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Korvel wrote on Dec 13th, 2017 at 3:55pm:

Kobold kill time.  It's not perfect, but it's a pretty good indicator of optimumness.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #117 - Dec 13th, 2017 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Dec 13th, 2017 at 4:02pm:
Kobold kill time.  It's not perfect, but it's a pretty good indicator of optimumness.

It's a good indicator of burst/short-term/boss DPS which can sometimes be a very different thing from sustained/averaged performance across the course of many missions with multiple variables like mobs with different DRs, immunities, resistances, etc.

If people ran the kobold tests only using abilities that can maintain a >50% uptime throughout a mission (i.e. abilities with 60s cooldowns or less), we'd get a much better idea.  Unfortunately, most of the kobold tests are done with the goal of getting a sub-30s time, long cooldowns be damned.

« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2017 at 5:03pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #118 - Dec 13th, 2017 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
So.. Whats the definitive best? Splash, or pure.. I wanna make a shuri again, i miss my lil shuri bitch.. ;c

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #119 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 2:53am
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Dec 13th, 2017 at 10:10pm:
So.. Whats the definitive best? Splash, or pure.. I wanna make a shuri again, i miss my lil shuri bitch.. ;c

14/6 halfling with all the lives and new gear should be breaking 10 seconds on red named kobold. over 50k dps bursts.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #120 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 3:01am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 2:53am:
14/6 halfling with all the lives and new gear should be breaking 10 seconds on red named kobold. over 50k dps bursts.

And gear update? too lazy to dig through the 5 pages to see if it was updated or not.

And, would 2 rogue break the 50k burst? 12 monk/6 ranger/2 rogue, specifically for trapping next life, since I havnt run into one yet this life, and trap xp bonus is actually pretty decent Cheesy

Doesnt seem to have anything of value in the 13/14 monk levels, BaB goes up by 1, but with Tensers full time, thats negligible.
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2017 at 3:04am by Vendui »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #121 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 3:21am
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 3:01am:
And gear update? too lazy to dig through the 5 pages to see if it was updated or not.

And, would 2 rogue break the 50k burst? 12 monk/6 ranger/2 rogue, specifically for trapping next life, since I havnt run into one yet this life, and trap xp bonus is actually pretty decent Cheesy

Doesnt seem to have anything of value in the 13/14 monk levels, BaB goes up by 1, but with Tensers full time, thats negligible.

I'm not sure what they changed on the items as I haven't seen them since lama. But this is what I got;

Silent Avenger Set:
When 3 pieces are equipped:
You gain a 15% Artifact Bonus to Doublestrike and Doubleshot.
You gain +3 Sneak Attack Dice.
You gain +25% Artifact bonus to Fortification Bypass.
You gain +10% Artifact bonus to Damage vs. Helpless Opponents.

Patience Through Peril Raid Clothing
Deathblock
Ghostly
Physical Sheltering +52
Profane Well Rounded +2
Blue Augment Slot
Green Augment Slot

Shadowhail Cloak
Hide ++22
Move Silently +22
Deception +16
Ghostly
Green Augment Slot

Braided Cutcord
Quality Dodge +4%
Blurry
Dex 19
Q Dex 4
Green Augment Slot

Adherent of the Mists Set:
When 5 pieces are equipped:
You gain a ++20 Profane Bonus to Physical Resistance Rating.
You gain a +20 Profane Bonus to Positive, Negative, and Repair Healing Amplification.
You gain a +10 Profane Bonus to Melee and Ranged Power.
You gain a +20 Profane Bonus to Universal Spell Power.

Bracers of the Fallen Hero
Strength +19
Insightful Constitution +9
Stunning +22
Quality Physical Sheltering +12
Green Augment Slot

Crumbling Gloves
Insightful Dexterity ++9
Quality Intelligence +4
Shatter +22
Insightful Physical Sheltering +24
Blue Augment Slot

Van Richten's Spectacles Raid
Dexterity +20
Reflex +16
Doubleshot +12
Magical Sheltering +52
Blue Augment Slot
Green Augment Slot

Perfect Pinnacle
Reinforced Fists +0.5(W)/+1(W) To Unarmed
Deadly +5/+Legendary
Stunning +6/+Legendary
Soul of the Elements While you are centered, this item grants you a bonus depending on your current monk stance
Air: Your attacks do an additional 3d6 Electric damage per hit and also cause your target to bleed for 1d8 damage per hit.
Earth: You gain a +10 Insight bonus to Armor Calss and Reflex Saves.
Fire: Your attacks have a chance of blinding your target and causing a fear effect.
Water: Your attacks have a chance to knock your target down.
Yellow Augment Slot

Echo of Ravenkind Raid
Eternal Holy Burst While you are wearing this item, your melee, ranged, and unarmed attacks gain the Holy Burst ability. (This weapon is holy. The weapon deals an additional 1 to 6 good damage each hit. In addition, critical hits deal an additional 1 to 10 good damage for weapons with a x2 critical multiplier, 2 to 20 for a x3 critical multiplier and 3 to 30 for a x4 multiplier.)
True Seeing
Constitution +20
Improved Deception
Yellow Augment Slot
Green Augment Slot

Ring #2
Legendary Ring of Prowess
Deadly +14 Deadly +14: +14 Competence bonus to weapon damage.
Accuracy 28
Melee Power +8
Ranged Power +8
Green Augment Slot

Helm
Executioner
Insightful Deception +7Insightful Deception +7: +7 Insight bonus to hit, +11 damage for sneak attacks.
Relentless Fury
Seeker 17
Quality Combat Mastery +4
Green Augment Slot

Neck
Slavers
Wis 17
Resistance 14
Tendon Slice 14
Q Wis 4

Boots
CC
Dodge 15
Parry 7
Ins Seeker 7

Offhand
KtA lgs 15/7 int stick for swap.
Affirmation devo/hamp/hamp.

And for sentience Carpone has :

Carpone wrote on Dec 9th, 2017 at 9:19am:
Filigree:
Manticore: +5 ranged power
Zephyr: +2 doubleshot/+2 ranged power
Long Shadow: +1 DEX/+2 PRR
Long Shadow: +5 ranged power
Beast Mantle: +5 ranged power
Deadly Rain: +5 ranged power
Deadly Rain: +1 DEX/+2 PRR

Set Bonus:
Long Shadow 2pc: +5 ranged power
Deadly Rain 2pc: +5 ranged power

Total:
+32 ranged power
+2 DEX
+2 Doubleshot
+4 PRR

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #122 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 3:25am
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 3:01am:

10 dshot during 10k volley. But it doesn't really matter if the build is doing over 50k or 48k. Trapping is important in high skulls and the new packs all have traps, locked chests and secret doors.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #123 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 6:34am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 14th, 2017 at 3:25am:
10 dshot during 10k volley. But it doesn't really matter if the build is doing over 50k or 48k. Trapping is important in high skulls and the new packs all have traps, locked chests and secret doors.

Aye, and, rogue 2 gives a whole sneak attack dice over monk! (not nearly the same dps 10% double shot adds every minute.. but, its at least some semblance of compensation.. xD)

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #124 - Dec 14th, 2017 at 7:00am
Print Post  
Feat Progression: (Missing Warlock Life, due to being away forever, so no Completionist at 3 like normal.. Weapon Finesse, typically taken when Dex/Wis monk for wraps, is no longer needed when swapping to wraps, thanks to them finally fixing Wraps.. so 3 feats to fill instead of 1)

1 Rogue -> Level 1: Point Blank Shot
2 Monk -> Shuriken Expertise
3 Monk -> ?
   Monk -> Precision
4 Monk -> Level 3   : Quickdraw
5 Monk
6 Monk -> ?
7 Monk -> 10K Stars
8 Ranger
9 Ranger ->?
   Ranger -> Rapid Shot (Free)
10 Ranger
11 Ranger -> Precise Shot (Free)
12 Ranger -> Level 12 : Improved Critical
13 Monk
14 Monk
15 Monk  -> Level 15 : Improved Precise Shot
16 Monk
17 Monk
18 Monk  -> Grandmaster of Forms
19 Ranger
20 Rogue
Epic 1   -> Overwhelming Critical
Epic 2
Epic 3
Epic 4   -> Weapon Focus Thrown
Epic 5
Epic 6   -> Epic Positive Spellpower
Epic 7   -> Epic DR
Epic 8   -> Doubleshot
Epic 9   -> Elusive Target
Epic 10   -> Sneak of Shadows
Epic 10   -> Scion of the Ethereal

~Edit~ Unless there is a better line, could do Dodge/Mobility/Shot on the run for the extra 3 ranged power, lot of feats just for 3 power though.. thoughts?
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2017 at 7:04am by Vendui »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26
Send TopicPrint