Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Purey Shuri (Read 132096 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: Purey Shuri
Reply #175 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 16th, 2018 at 1:21pm:
Blinding speed gives significantly more attack speed than haste...

I have not tested this in over 2 years. When I last tested this, it WAS true, and thrown speed was faster with blinding speed than just Haste.

5FS seems to think this is either irrelevant, or has since been changed so BS matches Haste. I cannot confirm or deny that, and as I said take BS for the utility in most cases, so if it's faster at this point that's a bonus. I'd love to go back and test this soon, but not sure when I'd have time given how little I get to actually just play.

Have you personally tested this with any rigor recently? That would be awesome if you did and could share results.
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2018 at 3:02pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #176 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 16th, 2018 at 11:46am:
I do like Elusive Target at 29 over Harbinger. Harbinger even with 350 MP/RP is only ~40 damage a shuriken fully scaled. That's pretty insignificant honestly. Whereas 5% overall more effective Dodge/Dodge Cap from Elusive Target is a pretty big benefit for a feat slot.

Whether it is actually 5% overall or not depends entirely on where the roll for it falls in the order of operations for avoidance checks.

If it is the first thing checked (ahead of dodge, incorporeal, concealment, etc.) yes, it would  be a straight 5%.  If it's checked after those things, it is far less than a 5% total reduction on hits.  It's 5% of whatever % gets through the rest.

It is nice that it works on spells too and should provide an actual 5% benefit there since all the other avoidance things don't apply, although it does specify spells that do physical damage so if literal, it may only work against a small subset of the damage dealing spells in DDO. 

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #177 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 16th, 2018 at 3:01pm:
I have not tested this in over 2 years. When I last tested this, it WAS true, and thrown speed was faster with blinding speed than just Haste.

5FS seems to think this is either irrelevant, or has since been changed so BS matches Haste. I cannot confirm or deny that, and as I said take BS for the utility in most cases, so if it's faster at this point that's a bonus. I'd love to go back and test this soon, but not sure when I'd have time given how little I get to actually just play.

Have you personally tested this with any rigor recently? That would be awesome if you did and could share results.

Yes it was recently tested and confirmed. No I'm not bothering to type out facts for you, because you ignore facts, and substitute your own idiocy.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #178 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Feb 16th, 2018 at 4:24pm:
Whether it is actually 5% overall or not depends entirely on where the roll for it falls in the order of operations for avoidance checks.

If it is the first thing checked (ahead of dodge, incorporeal, concealment, etc.) yes, it would  be a straight 5%.  If it's checked after those things, it is far less than a 5% total reduction on hits.  It's 5% of whatever % gets through the rest.

It is nice that it works on spells too and should provide an actual 5% benefit there since all the other avoidance things don't apply, although it does specify spells that do physical damage so if literal, it may only work against a small subset of the damage dealing spells in DDO. 

It doesn't work on 99% of spells

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #179 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 7:40pm
Print Post  

Thank you for the unnecessary lesson on marginal versus absolute proportions. I also made it out of 5th grade level math.

The fact of it is, everytime someone makes a build and refers to a stated benefit, like the 12% Dodge in Grandmaster Ocean stance, we don't put a giant fucking asterisk disclaiming how if you have any other form of damage mitigation it is not (in nerd voice) "technically x% as stated, derp derp" because it's fucking stupid to do that. This thing gives you 5% chance to ignore physical damage at the time of the roll against that damage. Whether or not it has penetrated any other layered defense is completely irrelevant, this thing does actually give you a 5% chance to dodge THAT damage on THAT roll.

Incrementally versus all of layered defenses is calculated on a per build/equipment/PL/situational buff level, and not relevant to talking about general feat selection.

Moreover, please tell me what a better feat to take at that level is, since that's like, a useful comment.
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2018 at 7:46pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #180 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 16th, 2018 at 4:39pm:
Yes it was recently tested and confirmed. No I'm not bothering to type out facts for you, because you ignore facts, and substitute your own idiocy.

See that wasn't so hard for you. Also, are you on medication for your outbursts? I'm worried about your general levels of sociability. I hope someone who loves you is looking out for you. You don't have to be hated, I'm sure deep down you're a nice person with positive things to contribute.

And I'm not sure what facts you're talking about typing out for me. All I asked was:
-did you test
-what were the results

I appreciate that you tested it, and shared what you found here. Sharing is caring. Here's a hug *squeeze*
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2018 at 7:44pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

DragonCrotch
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #181 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
You get 22% attack speed vs. 15% from other haste sources. From what I have seen though, you do not get 7% more speed with shuriken, because of animation. I am not even sure what sort of increase we really get with BS, WW, RS, etc. You can take any of them away and barely notice a difference. It is such a mysterious thing to understand how weapon speed even works with the feats. I have seen tests done, and the results are between inconclusive and barely any difference. Personally, I also just prefer to have blinding speed instead of worrying about clickies, pots etc. and hey it shows 22% instead of 15% in the character sheet (so it has to be better Smiley)

As for harbinger of chaos, it is worthless in R10, and barely worth the max of 30 damage it does even in non-reaper content. It claims to scale 100% with MP and RP, but does not seem to do much even with 350 MP.

I am not sure which feat is better to take instead. I actually took pierce adamantine for golems instead of +5 hide feat for lvl 26, and maybe cold iron would be a choice instead of harbinger of chaos (which I currently have). I am using the vampire slayer augment for silver. Since there is rarely an arti around to help me break DR, and I don't want to switch into lesser weapons, I don't think it is a terrible idea.

NOTE: You can do something like Aborea with 3 of the piercing types. They will carry over and stay on shuriken, but as soon as you unequip shuriken once for any reason, they go away.

YIM  
IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #182 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
DragonCrotch wrote on Feb 16th, 2018 at 7:52pm:
You get 22% attack speed vs. 15% from other haste sources. From what I have seen though, you do not get 7% more speed with shuriken, because of animation. I am not even sure what sort of increase we really get with BS, WW, RS, etc. You can take any of them away and barely notice a difference. It is such a mysterious thing to understand how weapon speed even works with the feats. I have seen tests done, and the results are between inconclusive and barely any difference. Personally, I also just prefer to have blinding speed instead of worrying about clickies, pots etc. and hey it shows 22% instead of 15% in the character sheet (so it has to be better Smiley)

As for harbinger of chaos, it is worthless in R10, and barely worth the max of 30 damage it does even in non-reaper content. It claims to scale 100% with MP and RP, but does not seem to do much even with 350 MP.

I am not sure which feat is better to take instead. I actually took pierce adamantine for golems instead of +5 hide feat for lvl 26, and maybe cold iron would be a choice instead of harbinger of chaos (which I currently have). I am using the vampire slayer augment for silver. Since there is rarely an arti around to help me break DR, and I don't want to switch into lesser weapons, I don't think it is a terrible idea.

NOTE: You can do something like Aborea with 3 of the piercing types. They will carry over and stay on shuriken, but as soon as you unequip shuriken once for any reason, they go away.

Yeah I agree with almost all of that.

Only thing I don't agree with is that some things make a very noticeable difference in thrown speed:
-Zero thrown speed/alacrity a la Haste or Blinding Speed
-Whirling Wrists (it's close to 20% last time I tested)

You are correct that DDO attack speed modifiers have never given their stated benefit, for one thing because there are 2 distinct phases of the the physical throw
1. Ammunition Load Animation
2. Throw Animation

Different modified apply to one or the other, and some apply to both. Quickdraw somewhat uniquely applies to the Ammunition Load Animation, but not the throw. Most throwing speed modifiers only apply to the Throw Animation. BAB applies to EVERYTHING, I think. But you get diminishing returns since it's all multiplicative if you already have a lot of bonuses.

I've never spent the time to tease out exactly what affects which phase, it would require better slow motion and frame counting software than I currently possess.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #183 - Feb 16th, 2018 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 16th, 2018 at 7:40pm:
Moreover, please tell me what a better feat to take at that level is, since that's like, a useful comment.

Well, there's no an "anti whiny asshole" feat so you're out of luck and options.  For someone who claims to be "all about the maths",  you sure do turn into a little bitch when someone says something about math on your claims.

I know it's hard for you to understand, but everything isn't always about you and your precious, overly inflated ego.  Considering that even if you actually did consider the math before you posted your mathematically or grammatically incorrect statement, other people may not have and thus, the explanation would have benefited them if they read it.

So tell us mister math whiz, based on your statement "Whereas 5% overall more effective Dodge/Dodge Cap from Elusive Target", which part do you not get?  That the 5% from that feat is effectively just 1-2% (1% with level-effective AC) if it gets checked last or what overall means? 

Because if you understand the math, as you claimed after the fact, overall means the complete opposite of what you intended.  So even if you do get the math, you're still an idiot for using words when you don't understand their meanings.

Personally, I'd go with Dire Charge, Wind through the Trees, Guardian Angel, or even Dreamscape over 1% extra avoidance.  Any of those would be more useful.
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2018 at 9:10pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #184 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 12:31am
Print Post  
Dire charge? You have equipment slots for stun?

5FS has an item with Wind Through the Trees, moreover, this feat IS FUCKING TERRIBLE. And even if Elusive target is a 1% effective Dodge, that is FAR better than 0% dodge that once a second knocks 1 enemy to the ground. Are you just disagreeing with me on principle?

Guardian angel will reduce the damage you take by roughly 5% (ABSOLUTE 5%, incrementally, to your point much more like 0-1%) for 30 seconds, every 3 minutes, or ~16% of the time. Do you know  know what 16% of 1% is? ITS A LOT LESS THAN 1%.

Dreamscape is the only possible non retarded suggestion you just made. Unfortunately, there are are like 2 buffs worth even giving a shit about, and they're only available 30 seconds out of every minute. Making this feat useful all of about 5% of the time. My bad, this is actually also retarded.
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2018 at 12:31am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #185 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 14th, 2018 at 9:06pm:
you jump on the haterade wagon and then post this complete and utter trash? gtfo lets see some videos mate. nut up already you faggot bitch.

Huh? Did I once say your build was bad or demand vids from you? Our builds are nearly identical, if yours is bad then mine is bad too and vice versa.

Personally I'd swap 18 Wisdom for 14 and put the rest in Con for a little more HP. You can argue the HP aren't enough to matter, but neither is the 4 RP during 10k.

That is something worth considering.

Epic DR in this case takes him from 231 to 241 PRR, which reduces damage taken by just around 1% (30.3% to 29.4%).

I'm going to disagree here. This is kind of similar to Digi's flawed argument against Elusive Target. It seems not worth it in relative terms, but in absolute terms, every point of PRR still provides +1% "effective HP", both the 1st and the 241st, and beyond.

PRR = 100/(100+rating) % mitigation, so every 100 points will double the base number of hits it takes to kill you.

Suppose you have 1000 hp and are getting hit for 100 damage.

0 PRR = 100/(100+0) = 1 = 10 hits to kill
100 PRR = 100/(100+100) = .5 = 20 hits to kill
200 PRR = 100/(100+200) = .33 = 30 hits to kill
300 PRR = 100/(100+300) = .25 = 40 hits to kill
400 PRR = 100/(100+400) = .2 = 50 hits to kill
and so on...

So the only time PRR could be a "waste" would be in conjunction with DR if incoming damage is reduced to zero, (obviously that isn't going to happen on reaper though.) It could still be "not worth it" if the damage were above zero but you don't take enough damage throughout a quest to ever need any healing, but that obviously isn't happening on reaper either.

Sergod wrote on Feb 16th, 2018 at 1:21pm:
Blinding speed gives significantly more attack speed than haste...

No.

No.

.56*.5*.9*.95 = .95*.9*.5*.56

From what I have seen though, you do not get 7% more speed with shuriken, because of animation.

harharharhar wrote on Feb 16th, 2018 at 8:17pm:
You are correct that DDO attack speed modifiers have never given their stated benefit, for one thing because there are 2 distinct phases of the the physical throw
1. Ammunition Load Animation
2. Throw Animation

Different modified apply to one or the other, and some apply to both.

Yes. Alacrity/haste/blinding speed/armor of speed et al only affect the "throw" motion, not the "reload" motion. The confusion arises because the descriptions are inconsistent. Spells like Haste and armor of speed are "secretly" boosted to 22% on ranged to account for the fact that they do not apply to the reload. The new dev trend is to state the modified value though, so even though Blinding Speed does the same thing, it has the accurate description. Alacrity items (including Sapphire Sting, etc) follow Blinding Speed's model and give the listed value, but they only go up to 15%, so they suck for ranged. To add even more confusion, there was a short while when the Haste spell was nerfed to only give the stated amount, then they changed it back a few updates later.

For even more lulz, there is a new "haste" effect available on filigree, and no one is sure what it actually does or what it's supposed to do.

I concur.

Not sure what you're trying to say here. PM me?

Digimonk wrote on Feb 16th, 2018 at 8:39pm:
Personally, I'd go with Dire Charge, Wind through the Trees, Guardian Angel, or even Dreamscape over 1% extra avoidance.  Any of those would be more useful.

No.
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2018 at 11:05am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

DragonCrotch
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #186 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 13th, 2018 at 4:37pm:
Henshin: 9 AP

Core 2/6
Way of the Patient Tortoise (2 pts)
Negotiator 2/3
Contemplation 3/3

You are not including core 3 here which gives free quickdraw feat. Was this intentional?

Also, echo of ravenkind imp. deception does not currently function, so you probably need to have another source like rebellion until they fix it(I see you have for swap).

YIM  
IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #187 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
DragonCrotch wrote on Feb 17th, 2018 at 12:38pm:
You are not including core 3 here which gives free quickdraw feat. Was this intentional?

I have it from Vistani.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #188 - Feb 17th, 2018 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 17th, 2018 at 11:00am:
I'm going to disagree here. This is kind of similar to Digi's flawed argument against Elusive Target. It seems not worth it in relative terms, but in absolute terms, every point of PRR still provides +1% "effective HP", both the 1st and the 241st, and beyond.

.56*.5*.9*.95 = .95*.9*.5*.56...

Unlike a lot of people, I understand that the mitigation from each point of PRR diminishes the higher PRR goes but the relative benefit from it stays linear.

My argument is not flawed.  It was based on Hurhurhur's qualifier of "overall".  I think I probably worded it somewhat ambiguously though so I will clarify.

In the context of my comment, if Elusive Target is checked first, it will literally increase damage avoidance by 5% since it is being applied against 100% of the hits/damage.  The other abilities that get checked after the first are working against less than 100% due to the first ability already lowering it.

However, if it is checked last, it increases damage avoidance of the original 100% by about 1% due to that base 100% already being lowered by the preceding abilities. 

This also happens to be the "overall" result since overall implies that you take all factors into account and look at the end result.

It's mainly semantics, but hurhurhur was wrong either way and he was a know-it-all jackass while being wrong so it warranted being pointed out.

harharharhar wrote on Feb 17th, 2018 at 12:31am:
Dire charge? You have equipment slots for stun?

5FS has an item with Wind Through the Trees, moreover, this feat IS FUCKING TERRIBLE. And even if Elusive target is a 1% effective Dodge, that is FAR better than 0% dodge that once a second knocks 1 enemy to the ground. Are you just disagreeing with me on principle?

Guardian angel will reduce the damage you take by roughly 5% (ABSOLUTE 5%, incrementally, to your point much more like 0-1%) for 30 seconds, every 3 minutes, or ~16% of the time. Do you know  know what 16% of 1% is? ITS A LOT LESS THAN 1%.

Dreamscape is the only possible non retarded suggestion you just made. Unfortunately, there are are like 2 buffs worth even giving a shit about, and they're only available 30 seconds out of every minute. Making this feat useful all of about 5% of the time. My bad, this is actually also retarded.

Yes.

Are you really getting hit more than once per second on a shuri?  If so, you're more retarded than I originally thought.  If someone has Wind Through the Trees on gear, then obviously they wouldn't take it as a feat.  I just listed feats that are better than Elusive Target.

If you don't think gaining >60 PRR when you are below 50% health is better 1% dodge, you're more retarded than I thought.

Yes, Dreamscape is very random and half the buffs are meh, but it's better than 1% dodge assuming you know how to play a shuricannon and not get hit constantly which I'm starting to doubt you do.
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2018 at 3:07am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #189 - Feb 18th, 2018 at 11:10am
Print Post  
No, the order does not matter it's .2394 whether you multiply it forwards, backwards, upside down, or sideways.

Avoidance actually has increasing returns though. Unlike PRR (which merely has linear returns), the last 5% avoidance is more valuable than the first 5% avoidance. Even though relatively it seems to be .252 vs .2394, each additional 1% avoidance is more than just 1% more "effective hp". To illustrate via the same paradigm as I did PRR, assume 1000 hp and 100 damage hits:

Nothing = 0% avoidance = 1 = 10 attacks to kill
5 dodge = 5% avoidance = .95 = 10.53 attacks to kill
Dusk = 10% avoidance = .9 = 11.1 attacks to kill
Blurry = 20% avoidance = .8 = 12.5 attacks to kill
Displacement = 50% avoidance = .5 = 20 attacks to kill
Displacement + 44 dodge = 72% avoidance = .28 = 35.7 attacks to kill
Displacement + 44 dodge + 10 ghostly = 74.8% avoidance = .252 = 39.7 attacks to kill
Displacement + 44 dodge + 10 ghostly + Elusive Target = 76.1 % avoidance = .2394 = 41.8 attacks to kill

As you can see, the last 5% is about 4x more valuable than the first 5%.
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2018 at 12:25pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #190 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 17th, 2018 at 11:00am:

PRR = 100/(100+rating) % mitigation, so every 100 points will double the base number of hits it takes to kill you.

Suppose you have 1000 hp and are getting hit for 100 damage.

0 PRR = 100/(100+0) = 1 = 10 hits to kill
100 PRR = 100/(100+100) = .5 = 20 hits to kill
200 PRR = 100/(100+200) = .33 = 30 hits to kill
300 PRR = 100/(100+300) = .25 = 40 hits to kill
400 PRR = 100/(100+400) = .2 = 50 hits to kill
and so on...

So the only time PRR could be a "waste" would be in conjunction with DR if incoming damage is reduced to zero, (obviously that isn't going to happen on reaper though.) It could still be "not worth it" if the damage were above zero but you don't take enough damage throughout a quest to ever need any healing, but that obviously isn't happening on reaper either.

Yeah Digi is an idiot but he doesn't seem to want to learn so...whatever.

I don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill here, but all I was stating is the actual effect of the marginal increase from 230 PRR to 240 PRR, which is a total reduction per hit of 1%. I don't disagree with you on order of operations or layered defenses, but for the sake of consistency, that is the difference of adding or subtracting that 10 PRR from that feat.

Your example is great and holds true if something is hitting you 100 damage over and over again. If something is hitting you for a much more end game reasonable amount of say, 500-1500 damage (depending on Skulls, mob, spell, etc), then that 1% does not in effect change in any way your effective HP, or time to be killed. But it does still reduce that incoming damage by 1% each time Smiley

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #191 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Feb 17th, 2018 at 8:56pm:
Are you really getting hit more than once per second on a shuri?  If so, you're more retarded than I originally thought.  If someone has Wind Through the Trees on gear, then obviously they wouldn't take it as a feat.  I just listed feats that are better than Elusive Target.

If you don't think gaining >60 PRR when you are below 50% health is better 1% dodge, you're more retarded than I thought.

Yes, Dreamscape is very random and half the buffs are meh, but it's better than 1% dodge assuming you know how to play a shuricannon and not get hit constantly which I'm starting to doubt you do.

So first of all, I made a TYPO, and the feat description is every 12 SECONDS, which is why the feat is so fucking terrible. If it was every second, it would actually be a great feat.

None of the feats you listed are better than Elusive Target. They aren't even fucking close.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #192 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 6:41pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Feb 17th, 2018 at 8:56pm:
t's mainly semantics, but hurhurhur was wrong either way and he was a know-it-all jackass while being wrong so it warranted being pointed out.

It's so fun when people state 100% wrong things, and then die on the hill that the person who is right was wrong. I am just quoting this for posterity/emphasis/to embarrass you.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #193 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 6:41pm:
It's so fun when people state 100% wrong things, and then die on the hill that the person who is right was wrong. I am just quoting this for posterity/emphasis/to embarrass you.

Awww... somebody's all spun up and spamming.  That's cute.

You were wrong either mathematically or grammatically and nothing 5FS has said changes that. 

The chance to be missed due to Elusive Targets is NOT 5% overall (which is what you said) unless you have 0 sources of other miss chances.

If you have 50% Concealment, the 5% from ET is 5% of the remaining 50% or in other words, 2.5% overall.  It gets worse the more sources and amounts of miss chance you have total.

Miss %      # of Checks      Misses      Possible Hits Remaining
50%              100             50             50
44%              50               22             28
25%              28               7               21
5%                21               1              20

1 out of 100 is 1% overall.

« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2018 at 8:58pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #194 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 7:27pm:

You were wrong either mathematically or grammatically.  It doesn't really matter because you're an ass either way and even though has a clue, unlike you, nothing will change that.

No, I wasn't. I stated it's a 5% miss chance on top of dodge, which is CORRECT.

You stated I was wrong about that, which you are INCORRECT about.

It is literally that simple.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #195 - Feb 19th, 2018 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 8:10pm:
No, I wasn't. I stated it's a 5% miss chance on top of dodge, which is CORRECT.

You stated I was wrong about that, which you are INCORRECT about.

It is literally that simple.

Nope.  It's so fun when people state 100% wrong things, and then die on the hill that the person who is right was wrong. I am just quoting this for posterity/emphasis/to embarrass you.

Whereas 5% overall more effective Dodge/Dodge Cap from Elusive Target is a pretty big benefit for a feat slot.

Overall:  1.taking everything into account.

Taking everything (all miss chances) into account, it's an overall increase of 1%.  Even if you want to be literal and just consider dodge as you stated, with 44% dodge, adding a 5% check after dodge is an extra ~2-3% overall.

« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2018 at 9:07pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #196 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 8:34am
Print Post  
This is gold. Keep digging

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #197 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 7:27pm:

You were wrong either mathematically or grammatically and nothing 5FS has said changes that. 

The chance to be missed due to Elusive Targets is NOT 5% overall (which is what you said) unless you have 0 sources of other miss chances.

If you have 50% Concealment, the 5% from ET is 5% of the remaining 50% or in other words, 2.5% overall.  It gets worse the more sources and amounts of miss chance you have total.

Miss %      # of Checks      Misses      Possible Hits Remaining
50%              100             50             50
44%              50               22             28
25%              28               7               21
5%                21               1              20

1 out of 100 is 1% overall.

This is extremely bad math.

The only number that matters here for calculating the efficiency of Elusive Target is # of Checks 21, misses 1, probable hits remaining 20, which = 5%.

« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2018 at 11:32am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #198 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 9:04pm:
Nope.  It's so fun when people state 100% wrong things, and then die on the hill that the person who is right was wrong. I am just quoting this for posterity/emphasis/to embarrass you.

Overall:  1.taking everything into account.

Taking everything (all miss chances) into account, it's an overall increase of 1%.  Even if you want to be literal and just consider dodge as you stated, with 44% dodge, adding a 5% check after dodge is an extra ~2-3% overall.

Everyone learns in statistics 101 you don't quote the percent change of percents change, it's intellectually dishonest and also not important. It's just how people play with numbers to minimize things they don't like, statistically.

Bad Digimonk.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #199 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 20th, 2018 at 11:32am:
This is extremely bad math.

The only number that matters here for calculating the efficiency of Elusive Target is # of Checks 21, misses 1, probable hits remaining 20, which = 5%.

Sure, if you're a retard who doesn't know what the word overall means.   Congrats, retard.

The math is correct even if you don't like it.  Your grammar in the original statement is another matter entirely.

You're the dipshit who qualified your original statement with the word "overall", then went batshit butthurt when I pointed out that 5% overall was incorrect.  Sure, it's 5% of whatever hit chances are left after the other avoidance mechanisms are checked but that happens to be the opposite of "overall".

Adding Elusive Target to a build with 44% dodge, 50% concealment, and 25% incorporeal bonuses will let you avoid one extra attack out of every 100.  That's 1% overall.

While 5FS' HP equivalent value extrapolations are interesting and not what I would have expected, they also fail to take a in-game context into account, which is the problem with focusing on spreadsheet DDO.  First, as you point out, 10 hits to death is not realistic at end-game, high-difficulty LE/Reaper content.  It's more like 1-3 hits.  Second, it assumes no heals between hits.  Third, it ignores the fact that the main priority when actually playing the game is not getting one-shotted and living long enough between the hits for heals to land. 

It's number three in particular that lessens the relative value of another 1% overall avoidance versus PRR when your avoidance is already that high.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2018 at 2:18pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 26
Send TopicPrint