Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Heroic Zerg Leveling (Read 81016 times)
WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Heroic Zerg Leveling
Jun 25th, 2017 at 11:16am
Print Post  
it aims for 3k xp/min at a minimum, and 4k xp/min as an average.
Obviously rXP is a different game. (E.x., Sorrowdusk is great rXP per minute and bad XP/min its still on there though.)

-
I have only one forewarning... ...don't be a jew about grouping, i.e., a stingy fucking moron. You get better Xp and rXP while grouped with competent people. Skipping stuff really doesn't matter.
Its only required to hard cap past level 14. The reason is that each of the heroic levels becomes worth a lot more as you get higher. Before that though, you can fuck the pig pretty hard and just catch up on Fire Caves, Von3, or Shadowcrypt. Level 10 is only about a million xp. Then again, from the bottom of 17 to 20 is about another million XP. Granted, there's more XP available at that levels (and generally @ better xp/min). On the other hand don't push past 14 w/o being hardcapped unless you wanna run vale twice (for example). Nuff said... of my bs...

Cheers!

~~

Kobolds New Ring Leader REHNC
Info is Key R
Durk's Got a Secret R
Waterworks R
Catacombs, First 3 quests R
Depths Chain R
The Stones Run Red REEHNC 5k xp/min on first time completion.
Grab some of the slayers on the way if you've got a pot.
The Stones Run Red Pt2 RE
should be lvl 6 now... ...don't be decieved by other quests at this level... ...stay in 3bc
3bc shit...
C06 on R, remember to bind on the boat. This is for rXP. Take level 7 some way through the chain so you can get into the last few quests.
Gwylan's R ~optional quest~
VON3, REHN, 20k in optionals. 67K total... 5k xp/min on first time completion and elite.
Shadowcrypt REEEHN ...or until your eyes bleed, whichever comes first.
Tempest's Spine. 1 Rune Run. RE. You need sonic, force, acid, or over 100 damage on a crit to kill him. You also need to know the jump spot after fire and ice to make it fast. Only 3k xp/min so you could skip. Should be about 10min a run.
Should be at about 1 million xp (or lvl 11) after this.
Sands Sides R
Maraud the Mines REH
OOB R
IF group, or else its too slow
Wizking RE
Lordsmarch 123 R
Farm Framework
If you're moving onto Heroic Gianthold early its really no big deal. It just means you'll wanna farm necro 4 a bit and get your sigil pieces.

Heroic Gianthold Walk-ups R
Farm Trial by Fire EH
Heroic Gianthold Mains R
Farm Tor EH
Necro4 R ... or until hardcap
Litany REEHN
Missing R. Symbol of Persuasion is huge in here.
Shadow of a Doubt R
OPTIONAL: To Curse the Sky and Creeping Death, so you can do LH shrouds while in epics... ...or else skip...
Vale R
Monastary / ETK R
Sane Asylum / Lord of Stone REH

Sins of Attrition R
Fashion Madness R
Vol Farm on Elite to cap...

~If I'm missing something key, let me know. (!)
~~thanks to my buds for running stuff, and asheras here for making some good points
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2017 at 11:02am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Re: Heroic Zerg Leveling
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 12:14am
Print Post  
Did 1-13 in a day on a fire savant with this. (Glitterdust is OP!!!!!!)
Reaper runs were anywhere from 1 to 5, but mostly 3s and 4s with a monk bud and a warlock bud.
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2017 at 3:26am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2017 at 2:11am
Print Post  
I whole-heartedly approve of you putting in the effort to make my TR cycle easier.  My first two lives are dedicated towards getting my gear ready, but if I think of anything to contribute, I'll let you know.

Edit - forgot to ask, what boosts, pots, or tomes are you using?
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2017 at 9:55am by Skoodge »  

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #3 - Jun 28th, 2017 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
What about the House K equivalents of the depths chain?  The forgotten caverns, lair of summoning, and ruined halls?  I totally got my ass handed to me on reapers, but my toon is so not reapers ready (I've barely got one tree open, barely).  After the first run those are all 2 to 3 minute quests, possibly shorter if you can cast inv.

Edit- can't get a real feel of the efficiency of the house K quests, I'm second life premium, so I'm running H then R or E, it kind of throws the XP off.

But I'd like to bring up 3bc's Ghost of a chance.  I finished it in 6 minutes on E and 5 minutes on H with my (slowly becoming not-so) gimpy second life toon, I'm pretty sure you can do it way quicker.  It might be worth speed running.
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2017 at 1:15pm by Skoodge »  

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #4 - Jun 29th, 2017 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
looks good.
haven't done those in ages.
Am on Ghallanda ~ what server you on SKooge?

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #5 - Jun 29th, 2017 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jun 29th, 2017 at 1:12pm:
looks good.
haven't done those in ages.
Am on Ghallanda ~ what server you on SKooge?

Just edited it, take a look at the new info.

Started on Orien, decided it was a server of mostly d-bags (back in 2011 at least) and ended up on Cannith.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #6 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
pretty much finished with her at this point.
cheers guys.

I've done 3-4 lives in the past 2 weeks on it. @Skooge I never ended up runnin' those because I just hang out in 3bc since its so golden.
« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2017 at 5:12pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #7 - Jul 9th, 2017 at 3:18am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jul 8th, 2017 at 5:12pm:
I've done 3-4 lives in the past 2 weeks on it. @Skooge I never ended up runnin' those because I just hang out in 3bc since its so golden.

I'm still on life #2 because I'm hanging out at the auction house working on gear or farming rare collectables for my 3rd tiers (plus that whole horrible experience of getting my silver flame necklace.  I am so never running necro 3 again, that's for fucking sure).

A few additions -

Most people are crazy for the VON quest and over look Relic.  With a group that should be a 5 minute quest with really high XP.  Inv down a long hall, pull two levers, small fight, run down an empty hall, pull two levers, smaller fight, one last long hall, main battle, profit.  Only real down side is not being able to farm it because of the quest giver's location, but the xp and speed makes it worth at least a single run.

I'm expecting one more run of GH for the saga because I need the skill tomes on my new toon.  After that I'm going to skip most of the quests and just farm Maze and Trial 3 or 4 times.  They're right next to each other and once you learn the troll cave, it's a 5 minute quest.  Those are the two shortest and easiest quests in GH and (better still) right next to each other for easy farming.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #8 - Jul 9th, 2017 at 3:26am
Print Post  
yarr

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #9 - Jul 9th, 2017 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Will try to pick up my d-bag game on orien for my pre-gimped 'lock with your strategy.  See if I can get it off that boring life.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #10 - Jul 9th, 2017 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jul 9th, 2017 at 3:18am:
Relic.  With a group that should be a 5 minute quest with really high XP.  Inv down a long hall,

Relic will be better when they fix invis. I did relic the other day, and on starting the fight at the end of the "empty" hallway, everything in the rooms we passed aggroed and came charging after us.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jul 9th, 2017 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jul 9th, 2017 at 10:23am:
Relic will be better ifwhen they fix invis

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #12 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Question:  Why speed through the quest XP and do repeat runs of high quest XP/min quests when you get no r-xp for running a quest on elite or lower?

There is so much quest XP in the game.  I'm more interested in an optimal Reaper XP map.  Do everything at R3 solo or R4/5 with a good group.

In this scenario, in the harbor, rather than banging ringleader like a screen door in a hurricane, do:

Ringleader
Info is Key
Durks
Lighthouse
Stealthy Repo
Smugglers Warren
Missing in Action

Same XP, maybe 10 min longer, but the rXP yield is 500 each for 3500 rxp vs. 1500 rxp with your path.

Why bang Fire Caves so hard?

Do Sharn firs 4 (skip bookbinder and end quest) and zerg STK.  Won't take much longer (if at all) and you get 4k rxp for it vs. none for the re-runs of fire caves.

Also, find short quests (because Reaper Xp is VERY weak on factoring in length of content).  Level 5 - Lair of Summining, Chamber of Insanity  Level 6 - Caged Trolls, Purge the Heretics, Mirras, Bounty Hunter, Dead Predators, Ruined Halls, Forgotten Caverns.  Do that and the Grey Moon part of Co6 at level 6,  Hold off on CO6 top part until level 8. 

I agree with abusing Shadow Crypt to get caught up on XP at level 9, if you need, but rather than program in repeat run of that and Von3, work in Threnal.  That is 9 quests at 50 + (9 * 30 * 4) = 1130 base R XP.  Almost 10k reaper XP.  (not including the .8 modifier for shortness, nor the possible boosts from conquest/ransack, nor running a pot, etc).  By the time all that is added up, it is probably 15-17k. 

Or hit Von2 and 4 on R4 instead of repeating von 3.  With a group that can spit up both are just as fast.  And each yields over 1k R-XP.

Small quickies like Purge the Fallen Shrine at 11 (on the way to wiz king) are necessities.  That is an easy R5 run in 4 min.  For 50 + (11 * 30 * 5) = 1700 base R XP.  Do the same with Tomb of the Physician (again when on the way to Wiz King) or Raid the Vulkoorim (on the way to OOB).  Much better than hitting Maraud the Mines 3 times and only getting R XP once.  You are bypassing 4k R XP for *maybe* 5 min of game time.

I'd like to see an optimal Quest XP + Reaper XP mapping.  I've been working on it in game during the last few runs.  You don't want to totally go "never repeat run anything" unless you want your TR's to take a lot longer, but there is a balance where you sacrifice a little and pick up probably an extra 50-60k reaper xp per life. 

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #13 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 10:32am
Print Post  
I am sympathetic with your points Ash. This is where I'm coming from...

TL;DR for other people...  Bad Xp/min is a less optimal use of time. rXP/min is constant across skulls once the zerg starts slowing down. You should do the highest skull you can zerg.  This means r2 up to level 9 mostly, and then r4 or 5 for the rest.

Asheras wrote on Jul 10th, 2017 at 9:39am:
Question:  Why speed through the quest XP and do repeat runs of high quest XP/min quests when you get no r-xp for running a quest on elite or lower?

Once I hit 600k rXP twice, I started thinking about this list. I had only done 5 lives in a static group. There was a complete emphasis on LOLZ!?! and RXP/min. I think that's natural. Reaper is fun for vets. You get to run that "one quest" in heroics, e.x., Proof is in the Poison, on a difficulty that is great. But then you do it a few times.... ...and then I say,

AW FUCK IT.

And I realize I don't even have my stat points on my DC caster. Well I better start some heroic... zerg leveling.

Asheras wrote on Jul 10th, 2017 at 9:39am:
There is so much quest XP in the game.  I'm more interested in an optimal Reaper XP map.  Do everything at R3 solo or R4/5 with a good group.

The rXP/min is the same on R1 and R3 and R5 on some quests; however, the XP/min stays static. I think point should have a little emphasis. Take the Tomb of the Astrologer. 6 minute quest. Takes 3 minutes on r1 for 300 rXP, 6 minutes on r3 for 600 rXP, 12 minutes 1200 rXP for r5. The mob density of casters, undead, and reapers makes it that way. The quest only pays 8k though. For this quest, the rXP stay optimal but the quest XP goes down. This is also why the list rushes Firecaves, 3bc, Von3, and Shadowcrypt: most heroic quests have shit xp/min and heroic gianthold is a solid 200 rXP/min on skull 6 at full zerg. When the quest XP drops under 2k/min I think it falls off of the "mandatory" list and into "LOLZ!?!?" territory. Its better for rXP if you get to the big paying rXP quests faster every life. That's another reason why Sorrowdusk is on there.
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2017 at 10:37am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #14 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Lets get into some specific quests...

I know you didn't mention it but many of my friends have a thing about doing The Pit. It is a lot of XP but on reaper it can take 20-30 minutes for them. That means it's only 2k xp/min and is less than 50 rxp/min. SAD! Well not if you enjoy the game and enjoy doing some silly stuff once in a while. I still run raids I get nothing from. So with a list like this YMMV but I think me and Ash have the same goal here...

Quote:
I'd like to see an optimal Quest XP + Reaper XP mapping.

Quote:
Lighthouse
Stealthy Repo
Smugglers Warren
Missing in Action

These are bad xp/min. Ringleader stays @ 3k xp/min which is amazing for low levels. Part of a  heroic zerg is escaping the abysmal 1-9 level progression by way of firecaves,3bc,von3, and shadowcrypt.

Quote:
Why bang Fire Caves so hard?

5k xp/min
On repeat it is anywhere from 3k to 5k with a good group. Other quests at this level are 2k xp/min.
Keep in mind that you're doing the rest of 3bc which is a lot of rXP and XP as well... (except that stupid stone turtle quest! fuck that shit... ...well I never learned it)

Quote:
Do Sharn firs 4 (skip bookbinder and end quest)

Under 2k xp/min IMO

Quote:
Also, find short quests (because Reaper Xp is VERY weak on factoring in length of content).  Level 5 - Lair of Summining, Chamber of Insanity  Level 6 - Caged Trolls, Purge the Heretics, Mirras, Bounty Hunter, Dead Predators, Ruined Halls, Forgotten Caverns.

3BC is 3-5k xp/min these are quite a bit lower on the whole. ~ Some of these are quite good and some of these are bad XP or rXP. Is it worth parsing through them, or running only a portion of them? I did bounty hunter the past 2 lives before last. Its fun, but not great XP/min or rXP/min.

Quote:
Threnal

I don't know these well enough to comment and did them one life only on Reaper. I know that the XP/min goes down quite a bit when you can't zerg these.

Quote:
Von3

5k XP/min on elite. (I swear the OPTS are giving epic XP atm rofl...)
Maybe don't farm this just one elite. Von4 and Von2 are 2k xp/min. I think Von1 is under 1k xp/min. Waiting for a group for von5/6 is like wasting an hour to get frustrated with people who won't run through traps. (Excuse my ranting here)

Quote:
Sands Sides

I agree that these should be run once on reaper, will add em.

« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2017 at 10:51am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 11:31am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jul 10th, 2017 at 10:49am:
frustrated with people who won't run through traps. (Excuse my ranting here)

omfg. are you cereal? because this just happened to me yesterday.
jump into von 5 pug thinking we can get some quick xp. the trapper was a wiz who kept dying and his death penalties lowered his disable device skill to all fails on the trap boxes causing them to blow up. No biggie, I love yolo rezz fests.  tell group that we will get to levers and then rezz people through the traps.

nope.

the fucking idiots weren't having any of that. i died in the traps, jibbers myself, start telling people to come through because I only have a minute or so left. nope. no one even fucking tries. all just stood frozen in fear. one person makes it through, 6 ftr, 6 pally split. I'm convinced we can make it. As jibbers expires I ask the 6 pally split to rezz me. get no answer. meddha, if you're reading this, just quit life, not the game, but life, actual fucking life.....

fucking retards. entire server, game, staff, everyone involved with ddo one way or another.
« Last Edit: Feb 4th, 2018 at 1:41pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #16 - Jul 10th, 2017 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jul 10th, 2017 at 10:32am:
I am sympathetic with your points Ash. This is where I'm coming from...

TL;DR for other people...  Bad Xp/min is a less optimal use of time. rXP/min is constant across skulls once the zerg starts slowing down. You should do the highest skull you can zerg.  This means r2 up to level 9 mostly, and then r4 or 5 for the rest.

Once I hit 600k rXP twice, I started thinking about this list. I had only done 5 lives in a static group. There was a complete emphasis on LOLZ!?! and RXP/min. I think that's natural. Reaper is fun for vets. You get to run that "one quest" in heroics, e.x., Proof is in the Poison, on a difficulty that is great. But then you do it a few times.... ...and then I say,

AW FUCK IT.

And I realize I don't even have my stat points on my DC caster. Well I better start some heroic... zerg leveling.

The rXP/min is the same on R1 and R3 and R5 on some quests; however, the XP/min stays static. I think point should have a little emphasis. Take the Tomb of the Astrologer. 6 minute quest. Takes 3 minutes on r1 for 300 rXP, 6 minutes on r3 for 600 rXP, 12 minutes 1200 rXP for r5. The mob density of casters, undead, and reapers makes it that way. The quest only pays 8k though. For this quest, the rXP stay optimal but the quest XP goes down. This is also why the list rushes Firecaves, 3bc, Von3, and Shadowcrypt: most heroic quests have shit xp/min and heroic gianthold is a solid 200 rXP/min on skull 6 at full zerg. When the quest XP drops under 2k/min I think it falls off of the "mandatory" list and into "LOLZ!?!?" territory. Its better for rXP if you get to the big paying rXP quests faster every life. That's another reason why Sorrowdusk is on there.

Good stuff, in both posts.  I agree with you.  I am targeting that sweet spot that balances quest XP and rXP. 

Here's the nutshell:

The straight Quest XP optimal path includes running maybe 25-30 quests on R1 at EBB level (Quest level plus 2) to get to cap.  You hammer the everloving shit out of Ringleader, Fire Caves, Von 3, Shadow Crypt, Wiz King (with 3 who can solo), GH walkups, and Litany.  Benefit:  You will be done in 16-20 hours of game play time.  Problem:  You get shit for reaper XP.  You will clear maybe 20k reaper xp per life.

The straight max reaper XP per life path is basically running no quest twice and hitting quests on as high skulls as you can manage.  Benefit:  You get 200k reaper xp per life (or more if you can man up 5 skulls plus with no problem).  Problem:  It will take you 80 hours of in game time to reach cap.

I believe there is a sweet spot in the middle where you are TRing on a 25-30 hour pace but bringing down 125-140k or reaper xp per life.  By combining high quest xp per min with targeted high reaper xp per min and fast forwarding the shitty reaper xp per min segments while milking the good reaper xp per min segments.

You get 30 lives done faster and still have 3.5-4 million reaper XP at the end.

A lot of players I respect have different ideas on this optimal path.  Just trying to map out that path.         

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #17 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:05am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 10th, 2017 at 12:57pm:
I am targeting that sweet spot that balances quest XP and rXP. 

If you wanted to put together your own list, I'd love to see it (and contribute).  Foppy's is amazing and he did a great job, but it's also very, very reaper and group heavy.  I've got one crappy reaper point so far, I'm planning on hitting the harbor and market pretty hard this next life (pretty much playing all the quests for the reaper XP since I'll finally be able to open them) but it's going to be awhile before I can hope for anything in the mid to upper levels besides jumping into someone else's group and trying not to die too much (and at this point, if I only die once on a level 15 reaper quest, I'm happy).

There are a few places in Foppy's list I'm really needing alternatives for. 

Shadowcrypt - replies completely on having a designated opener.  I solo, that's never going to happen.

After GH - It'll be easier after I get my key to eveningstar and open up those quest, but outside of maybe Rainbow in the Dark (which I'm learning and it may become a farm for me), most of the Vale quests are not easy farms when you're soloing with different classes/builds that don't have the right buffs.

The final mile - those last two levels are a fucking bitch when it turns out the build you were trying doesn't have the dps/survive-ability you thought it had.  Not sure where the XP sweet spot is for those final quests, but it sure as hell isn't in the Inspired Quarters (yeah, you've got Reclaiming Memories, which is a quick boost, but it's not enough for that last level).

I probably need to learn the Devil's Battlefield quests better (by the time I stopped TRing back in the day, no one ran it anymore, they were all in Evening Star), but I'd love to hear some alternative suggestions for that last 10% before TRing.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #18 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 7:05am:
If you wanted to put together your own list, I'd love to see it (and contribute).  Foppy's is amazing and he did a great job, but it's also very, very reaper and group heavy.  I've got one crappy reaper point so far, I'm planning on hitting the harbor and market pretty hard this next life (pretty much playing all the quests for the reaper XP since I'll finally be able to open them) but it's going to be awhile before I can hope for anything in the mid to upper levels besides jumping into someone else's group and trying not to die too much (and at this point, if I only die once on a level 15 reaper quest, I'm happy).

There are a few places in Foppy's list I'm really needing alternatives for. 

Shadowcrypt - replies completely on having a designated opener.  I solo, that's never going to happen.

After GH - It'll be easier after I get my key to eveningstar and open up those quest, but outside of maybe Rainbow in the Dark (which I'm learning and it may become a farm for me), most of the Vale quests are not easy farms when you're soloing with different classes/builds that don't have the right buffs.

The final mile - those last two levels are a fucking bitch when it turns out the build you were trying doesn't have the dps/survive-ability you thought it had.  Not sure where the XP sweet spot is for those final quests, but it sure as hell isn't in the Inspired Quarters (yeah, you've got Reclaiming Memories, which is a quick boost, but it's not enough for that last level).

I probably need to learn the Devil's Battlefield quests better (by the time I stopped TRing back in the day, no one ran it anymore, they were all in Evening Star), but I'd love to hear some alternative suggestions for that last 10% before TRing.

Foppy's list is awesome for speed running PL's.  Very strong.  It does have some group dependency though.  Especially if you want to do higher skulls in the process.

What I have found is that soloing Reaper has a sweet spot from Level 4-11 content.  Your bloat from the Reaper Trees has you ahead of the power curve of the base mobs.  Only the champs and reapers are a threat.  So, if you are soloing a lot that life you are better off focusing on getting reaper XP in the earlier levels and then focusing on quest XP at the end.

If you grouping, you should speed through the lower levels and get to level 10+ because the reaper xp (and xp/min) is generally better in higher skulls at  higher levels because the formula is:

50 + (3 * QuestLevel * Skulls).  Doubled for 1st time bonus. 

So higher skulls matters dramatically, especially at higher quest levels.  BUT, only if you can do it fast.  Keep the skulls where you can still move at a quick pace.  R3 zerg is better than R5 slog.  Because level 10 quest on 3 skulls= (50 + (3 * 10 * 3)) *2  280 base reaper XP.    Level 10 quest on 5 skulls= (50 + (3 * 10 * 5)) *2  400 base reaper XP.   So if you can run two R3 quests in the same time as one R5 (and with no deaths for 10% more quest and RXP), then you are ahead of the game. 

Did GH Tor at level 14 in a full party last night on 6 skulls.  Sped through it at same pace as we would have run Elite or R1, for the most part.  Barely slowed down.  2300 R XP at completion.  But most players can't do that solo in the same timeframe.  (I know I can't)  That quest sucks for R XP/min solo because of the quest layout and on R6 it will take too long to kill stuff in a few places.

So that is a quest that you either skip on a soloing path or run on R1 whereas in a group, it is a mandatory hit on moderate or high skulls. 

There are probably 4 paths to look at:

Group - Fastest PL possible (Foppy's list)
Solo - Fastest PL possible (Slight mods on Foppy's list.  Wiz king is less viable for example.  And Shadow Crypt A) needs opener and B) is slower with one vs. group doing two paths)

Group - Min/Max Fast PL with Reaper XP (Slight mods on Foppy's List)
Solo - Min/Max Fast PL with Reaper XP (Mods on Foppy's List to add more R-XP focus at lower levels and to bypass group friendly content as mentioned above)

I'd like to put up a list, but I feel like I'm still gathering data during runs.  I don't feel like I have an optimal path worked out yet.  Who knows.  Maybe I am overthinking the whole thing...

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #19 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 12th, 2017 at 11:03am:
Maybe I am overthinking the whole thing...

If you don't overthink and obsess over pointless details, you have no business playing ddo.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #20 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Here's the nutshell:

The straight Quest XP optimal path includes running maybe 25-30 quests on R1 at EBB level (Quest level plus 2) to get to cap.  You hammer the everloving shit out of Ringleader, Fire Caves, Von 3, Shadow Crypt, Wiz King (with 3 who can solo), GH walkups, and Litany.  Benefit:  You will be done in 16-20 hours of game play time.  Problem:  You get shit for reaper XP.  You will clear maybe 20k reaper xp per life.

The straight max reaper XP per life path is basically running no quest twice and hitting quests on as high skulls as you can manage.  Benefit:  You get 200k reaper xp per life (or more if you can man up 5 skulls plus with no problem).  Problem:  It will take you 80 hours of in game time to reach cap.

I believe there is a sweet spot in the middle where you are TRing on a 25-30 hour pace but bringing down 125-140k or reaper xp per life.  By combining high quest xp per min with targeted high reaper xp per min and fast forwarding the shitty reaper xp per min segments while milking the good reaper xp per min segments.

I'm zerging low skulls but avoiding repeats if I'm solo or leading a group,...but if there's a LFM up, I'll pile on pretty much regardless of what/how they are running.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

SirValentine
Korthos Resident

Never.

Reply #21 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 10:29am
Print Post  

I'm with you here on trying to find a sweet spot.

I'd also add Favor for free DDO points as a benefit to running more quests once each instead of a few quests farmed many times.

But I'll add thanks to Foppy for the list in the OP.  There's so much content available, you skip tons even doing once-and-done.  Based on the list, I'm going to add in some runs of stuff I had been skipping entirely.

IP Logged

SirValentine
Korthos Resident

Never.

Reply #22 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 10:40am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jun 25th, 2017 at 11:16am:
I have only one forewarning... ...don't be a jew about grouping, i.e., a stingy fucking moron. You get better Xp and rXP while grouped with competent people.

I like grouping with competent people, but I don't have a RL schedule that lends itself to a static group, so I end up soloing or pugging most of the time.

WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jun 25th, 2017 at 11:16am:
Kobolds New Ring Leader REHNC
Waterworks R
Lordsmarch 123 R
~If I'm missing something key, let me know. (!)

That doesn't even add up to 150 Coin Lord after Lordsmarch 1/2/3.  Personally, I want my +2 pages of inventory ASAP, so I make a point of running more low-level Coin Lord stuff.   Trying to deal with 40 fewer inventory spots is far more of a hassle to me than the fact that, say, Sharn quests are not amazing XP.

Do you just run Coin Lord stuff (and House K, for that matter) over-level to unlock your extra space?  (House K isn't as urgent, but I need it before I can TR.)  Or do you just not have much gear to store?
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2017 at 10:43am by SirValentine »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #23 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
I threw away about half of my total gear and replaced it with cannith crafted. I held onto a cloak of invisibility, some CITW weapons, and a claw set that were not endgame gear.

I totally agree about the favor stuff if you need that, great point.
I run Lordsmarch + Invaders usually. That's enough for that stuff.
« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2017 at 11:53pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

vageta31
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 6:26am
Print Post  
I'm probably missing something, but how are you running the fire caves part 1 over and over without completing the 2nd part to the quest? By using an opener and not turning in the quest or something?

I know you can repeat two toed tobias the instant you finish the quest but it doesn't seem to work like that with fire caves.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint