Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Heroic Zerg Leveling (Read 81968 times)
Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Re: Heroic Zerg Leveling
Reply #25 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:59am
Print Post  
vageta31 wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 6:26am:
I'm probably missing something, but how are you running the fire caves part 1 over and over without completing the 2nd part to the quest? By using an opener and not turning in the quest or something?

I know you can repeat two toed tobias the instant you finish the quest but it doesn't seem to work like that with fire caves.

Abandon all hope ye who enter here.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #26 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:58am
Print Post  
vageta31 wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 6:26am:
I'm probably missing something, but how are you running the fire caves part 1 over and over without completing the 2nd part to the quest? By using an opener and not turning in the quest or something?

I know you can repeat two toed tobias the instant you finish the quest but it doesn't seem to work like that with fire caves.

google "ddo window farm"

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #27 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
Doesn't window just do same diff though?

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

vageta31
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 11:58am:
google "ddo window farm"

Much thanks. I went searching but wasn't aware of the term "window farming". I've been playing DDO off and on for a couple of years now but this "feature" has escaped me until now. I've never played with any vets so I tend to get most of my information from this site and the official boards which I can't stand, so mostly here.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #29 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 11:06am
Print Post  
vageta31 wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 6:58pm:
Much thanks. I went searching but wasn't aware of the term "window farming". I've been playing DDO off and on for a couple of years now but this "feature" has escaped me until now. I've never played with any vets so I tend to get most of my information from this site and the official boards which I can't stand, so mostly here.

It was way more common before we got the "reset" button. Also the gradual changes to discourage repetitions and encourage streaking.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #30 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 8:54am
Print Post  
Going to throw Necro 1 into the ring.  If you're running in a group, you're missing some easy XP.

I usually skip it but someone wanted an opener for Burning Heart.  I decided to jump in since I never get to run it and we ended up running the whole chain on reaper.  All 4 quests took us maybe 35 minutes to run - and that's with some chatter and neither of us being pros at it (he got turned around a few times).  Plus, my toon isn't even close to reaper ready at this point, I've got all of two slots on the reaper tree now.  Even with that, it was a quick run.

I went back and soloed the Bloody Crypt the next day.  I haven't run it in years so it took me 30 minutes but it also got me 22k XP (elite BB, no pots).  A group should be able to cut that time in half at least, if not get it down to 10 minute - plus the XP will be way higher on a reaper streak.

If I were running with a group, I'd be zerging necro 1 for the XP*

*But not necro 3.  Fuck that fucking piece of shit pack.  I soloed the rat maze to be able to get my silver flame necklace (not flagged for litany and probably won't bother).  Seriously, two decent quests in that whole pack and the others are like the worst, most fucking annoying quests in the game.  Fuck that pack.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #31 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jul 19th, 2017 at 8:54am:
*But not necro 3.  Fuck that fucking piece of shit pack.  I soloed the rat maze to be able to get my silver flame necklace (not flagged for litany and probably won't bother).  Seriously, two decent quests in that whole pack and the others are like the worst, most fucking annoying quests in the game.  Fuck that pack.

I hate Necro 3.  Most annoying collection of quests in the game, bar none.

Tomb of the Tormented - The rats - is the most annoying and painful quest in the game.  Ugh.

Tomb of the Blighted - The dirty water - that mechanic makes me want to punch a baby. 

Tomb of the Forbidden - Because splitting the party to hit levers is always fun. 

Tomb of the Unhallowed is the least annoying of the group.  Just a DPS slog fest through 200 or so undead.  I don't mind this quest all that much.

Cursed Crypt - Kill no more than 5 sliver flame.  That alone is enough to make the quest annoying as hell. 

IP Logged

Coffeetime
Waterworks Kobold

I Love!

Reply #32 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 9:56am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #33 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 12:10am
Print Post  
Did you just Necro a thread with a Necro?
Awesome Cheesy

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #34 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 8:24am
Print Post  
Quote:
Necrom is a city on the easternmost tip of Morrowind's mainland which has major religious significance to the Dunmer.[1][2] The coastline close to the city consists of steep, treacherous cliffs, and sailors are warned to take care in the area.[3]
It is a city of the dead, whose name reflects its function as a burial ground for Morrowind's finest citizens and warriors.[2] In appearance Necrom resembles a giant necropolis, dominated by sacred walls and white towers. Just to the west of the city is a large cemetery, which is home to all manner of dangerous creatures.[4]
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Necrom

Tamriel rebuilt:

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #35 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Really appreciate the effort! About fucking time someone wrote one of these!

2 questions:

1. Is this first life/2nd life/3rd? Seems 3rd lifers are probably more common when it comes to running reaper.

2. Could you edit the list to include the full proper names of quests? I've only been playing the game for seven years and still haven't figured out exactly what "vol" means Tongue

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #36 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Sep 29th, 2017 at 8:24am:

Also, what game are these beautiful screenshots from?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Oct 3rd, 2017 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 7:34pm:
Also, what game are these beautiful screenshots from?

ES: III - morrowind; specifically the tamriel rebuilt mod, which is an expansion into the surrounding mainlane area of the providence of morrowind in tamriel.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #38 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 11:03am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 7:31pm:
still haven't figured out exactly what "vol" means

Desecrated Temple of Vol?

Seems to be in the wrong spot on her list.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #39 - Oct 4th, 2017 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Oct 3rd, 2017 at 7:37pm:
ES: III - morrowind; specifically the tamriel rebuilt mod, which is an expansion into the surrounding mainlane area of the providence of morrowind in tamriel.

Love Morrowind, going to have to go looking for that mod to add to my collection. That's a pretty impressive expansion, should be fun.

5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 11:03am:
Desecrated Temple of Vol?

Seems to be in the wrong spot on her list.

That's what came up when I searched "vol", but its 14 heroic so not exactly a good farm for that last few hundred k heroic XP.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #40 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Nah it's in the right spot. Catch it on reaper coming up then elite farm it @ 18. There's only a 10% penalty and I think on full penalty its still like 3k xp/min. Its also super easy and zergy. YMMV of course

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #41 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 3:45am
Print Post  
My expirience is grouping changes it a lot. In a good group many quests are worth to do/farm: e.g. bloody crypt, blightened, pit. It gonna be 2-3 times as fast as you solo them. In a bad groups with many newbies some quests will take 2-3 times longer time: irestone, 3bc quests, diplo chain. Pugs very likely to make wrong turns, get killed and fail objective to gather. They are getting lost in wilderness area, etc. So in general, my own list of quests depending on what group I have, if any. Still I never missing most ftp lvl 5 to 6 and pit: they are super awesome both for zerging and rxp. Yet I prefer solo them cause of travel time: incompetent people will spend more time to find door and get into the quest than you can actually beat the quest lol.

You may always turn on a jerk mode, dont wait for people, dont take their stones, dont raise and ignore noobs overall, but thats something I really dislike to. Better just to run solo at this point.

IP Logged

Clew
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Adding some quests for my notes:

I look at saga's as bonus - its the equivolent of running 1-2 quests with no time.
  • Pirates - second part is low XP/min, but Saga's add 33k
  • Gianthold & Ravenlof are obvious, 59k each
  • The two EStar's are 96k and 144k.

close to 400K for all.

L15
Lost at Sea is 18k and can be done in 7-8 solo R2
Litany is a no brainer now that the flagging is gone
L17
Took off the Lord of Stone and Sane Asylum and added Druids etc for the Sagas.

In general doing a lot more short quests rather than longs (anything more than 30 minutes sucks)

I do spend time running some of the rXP zergs (Sorrowdusk) Threnal shorts.

I do get a little bored with H's, so on my racials I do at least one run to L30 to clean up my last ETRs.

Hoping the Boarderland stuff can replace some of the L3-5's to help with the mind numbing...
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2019 at 11:44am by Clew »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #43 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hoping the Boarderland stuff can replace some of the L3-5's to help with the mind numbing...

I agree

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Mar 7th, 2019 at 11:39am
Print Post  
http://malkier.xyz/community/quest-guides/reaper-racial-1-20-quest-guide/

this is good info about the times and rxp they got in different skulls. He  is slow (ww part 3 19 min solo  on R2 lol and most quest they do mid skull with a group as fast as people are soloing) but useful to compare his own times with his own times on other skull. Moral of the story: if you're not at zerg speed, reduce the skull. Get all that rxp back at cap
« Last Edit: Mar 7th, 2019 at 12:01pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint