Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Post u36 builds? (Read 12391 times)
SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Re: Post u36 builds?
Reply #25 - Jun 30th, 2017 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 29th, 2017 at 6:02pm:
with imbues gone and new BE tree, there is little dws offers over kensei. 8 artificer isn't even needed because there are enough feats without having to grab the 8th lv and get the bonus feat. ftr splashed can even heavy armor. the core capstone is rather weak, with the crit multi getting replaced with just 6 fighter levels. it's only losing out on 4 int, but spending more ap to access kensei tree rather than spending 5~ more ap to get the capstone.

the kensei enhancements are only slightly better than the cap, gaining the damage bonus from 3 tiers of specialization, weapon focus stacks on vorpals, extra action boosts(pushing fusilade to 11 base uses), crit multi and 3 doubleshot. But there is more room to front load for feats in heroic play this way and the build doesn't have to wait to lv 18/20 for capstones, allowing for more dps by level 12 than the 20 pure

I said that was the op build before.with imbues working

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Does arrow of Slaying still works with shuri or they changed it together with the procs? Is it still worth to play a thrower?
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:07am by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #27 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:06am:
Does arrow of Slaying still works with shuri or they changed it together with the procs? Is it still worth to play a thrower?

No.  Yes.  Yes.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #28 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
wait the arrow of slaying active attack no longer works with a shuriken?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 5:29pm:

From what friends who have capped throwers told me, not a single shot in the AA tree works on throwers or xbows

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 6:01pm:
From what friends who have capped throwers told me, not a single shot in the AA tree works on throwers or xbows

Didn't believe it. Just logged in on my alt to check and you are correct sir.

Final strike, true strike, slayer arrow, etc. all changed to be unusable without using a bow. On the other hand final strike 20% doubleshot still works. And they finally fixed shadow arrows passive crit multi on bows so it works properly.

Ugh thought stances was the only thing being changed. Back to the drawing board. Looks like 14/6 shadowdancer as foppy indicated might be the winner. I'm holding out hope that kensai T5 8/6/6 with a shadarkai base (for jaunt) might be doable. I want to still be able to do burst damage.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #31 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
...not a single shot in the AA tree works on throwers or xbows

Good.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #32 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
well that's fucked.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #33 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 6:20pm:
Good.

fuck off no one likes you

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #34 - Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 6:43pm:
fuck off no one likes you

Grin

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #35 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 10:06am:

harharharhar wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 5:29pm:

hydra wrote on Jul 17th, 2017 at 6:19pm:
Didn't believe it. Just logged in on my alt to check and you are correct sir.

Final strike, true strike, slayer arrow, etc. all changed to be unusable without using a bow. On the other hand final strike 20% doubleshot still works. And they finally fixed shadow arrows passive crit multi on bows so it works properly.

Ugh thought stances was the only thing being changed. Back to the drawing board. Looks like 14/6 shadowdancer as foppy indicated might be the winner. I'm holding out hope that kensai T5 8/6/6 with a shadarkai base (for jaunt) might be doable. I want to still be able to do burst damage.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1498343159

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #36 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Only downside to a Shadowdancer based shuri is the significant lack of burst DPS for bosses.  Well, that and the need to be within SA range or lose 2/3 of your DPS even on trash.  It's a shame Shadowdancer doesn't give infinite SA range like the DWS capstone does.  That would change things significantly.

Personally, I think the better option is still 14/6 with T5s in DWS and T4 in Ninja Spy using FotW destiny.  May not be amazeballs on trash but it's still better than most and has excellent red-named DPS using Furyshot with 10ks and shurikens.

If you can manage to 16 AP, you could go halfling and picking up Master Thrower for +1 crit range, too.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 1:47pm:
Only downside to a Shadowdancer based shuri is the significant lack of burst DPS for bosses.  Well, that and the need to be within SA range or lose 2/3 of your DPS even on trash.  It's a shame Shadowdancer doesn't give infinite SA range like the DWS capstone does.  That would change things significantly.

Personally, I think the better option is still 14/6 with T5s in DWS and T4 in Ninja Spy using FotW destiny.  May not be amazeballs on trash but it's still better than most and has excellent red-named DPS using Furyshot with 10ks and shurikens.

If you can manage to 16 AP, you could go halfling and picking up Master Thrower for +1 crit range, too.

I spent the better part of last night coming up with various test builds. If this change had been announced I would have tested them on lamannia. As it stands, I have no meaningful way to test to see if things work.

However, I strongly believe that 8/6/6 in fury is the best option as of right now. Granted its only spreadsheet math. Unfortunately, ravenloft will only push us further into shadowdancer due to the high undead concentration.

In light of all of this, I think I'm just going to switch my alt #1 toon to handwrap monk and give up entirely on throwers.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #38 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
hydra wrote on Jul 18th, 2017 at 1:56pm:
I spent the better part of last night coming up with various test builds. If this change had been announced I would have tested them on lamannia. As it stands, I have no meaningful way to test to see if things work.

However, I strongly believe that 8/6/6 in fury is the best option as of right now. Granted its only spreadsheet math. Unfortunately, ravenloft will only push us further into shadowdancer due to the high undead concentration.

In light of all of this, I think I'm just going to switch my alt #1 toon to handwrap monk and give up entirely on throwers.

It is rather hilarious that after all the drama over 14/6 or 8/6/6 that in one fell stealth swoop devs invalidated the whole argument, and the best build is probably some variant of 8/6/6 in LD or FoTW.

Anyone test Sniper Shot yet? Maybe not all hope is lost

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Sniper shot works with crossbows

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint