Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic God Mode Unlocked Temporarily (Read 4490 times)
Counsel
Korthos Resident

i crit my pants

God Mode Unlocked Temporarily
Jul 20th, 2017 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Fishing here to see if this has happened to anyone else and if its worth trying to replicate or just a 1:million thing that happened.

So yesterday like a good little addict i was patching and logging in immediately, there was probably 15 people on and a couple of those being friends who talked me into a heroic r6 graveyard shift.  I'm not new to high skull reaper, but i was kind of shocking myself with misses/dodges/displaced and owning the quest.  Keep in mind I'm at work though and as usual some asshat has to walk in my office and talk about their personal life, so i minimize the game and attend to her.  I maximize game after she leaves fully intending to see my soul stone, but quite the opposite, i'm the only one alive and have a fuckton of monsters on me.

So i clear them off me, recast my buffs, raise everyone and we keep going.  It eventually hits me, I'm not that good, I'm bugged as shit.  I literally am taking no damage from anything, and its not showing up in the combat log.  Casting heals on myself, or having others cast it has no effect on me.  However I am still getting neg level'd, but i sure as hell am not going to try and fix that, i'm just letting it wear off.  So we do all 5 of those new quests in a mix of r6, r8 and r4, and I tank with my cone based warlock like I've never tanked before. 

At some point though, as great as it is, I am still at work, and I'd like to go home and drink some alcohol while playing, so a friend suggests step into a quest, hop in the car and go home and launch ddo at the house and hope it brings your bugged instance over.  Alas, no such luck, logging in at home i was still in the quest but I was mortal again.

So initial thought was it had something to do with the patch, but now I'm thinking it had more to do with a dropped packet.  Like when say you end up with a DOT that persists into a public instance.  Anyone else ever run into this particular bug?  Its tempting me to try and mess with my connection some to recreate, i.e. fuck with my MTU on the connection while in combat, something ;pp 

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Re: God Mode Unlocked Temporarily
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Maybe the exploit was your listening skills. Why don't you log in and then let me tell you about my problems?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
this is amazing

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Why did you not do r10 once you saw you weren't taking damage. Just drag stuff via alert forward and slowly Aoe

IP Logged

Counsel
Korthos Resident

i crit my pants

Reply #4 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
that's a lot of mobs to be whittling down that slowly, r8 was slow enough..  Honestly the only quest i bother doing on r10 is rusted blades

IP Logged

Carlin
Korthos Resident

Fuck the Children!

Reply #5 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 20th, 2017 at 3:48pm:
Maybe the exploit was your listening skills. Why don't you log in and then let me tell you about my problems?

LMFAO.  Thanks, I needed that!   Grin Grin Grin

You'll be fine if you just wash the main four parts of the body.  Armpits, Asshole, Crotch & Teeth.  In fact to save time, you can use the same brush on all four parts.

IP Logged

HernandoCortez
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
I was gone long before that reaper shit but, yeah, cool.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint