Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New Quest Packs? (Read 3360 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

New Quest Packs?
Jul 22nd, 2017 at 3:05am
Print Post  
Which ones are worth bothering with and which should be avoided?  I have the option of picking up one or two of the following -

Dragonblood Prophecy (which I'm kind of leaning towards just cause level 10 is such a crap fest if you don't manage to hit the raids).
The Mines of Tethyamar
The Temple of Elemental Evil - was hoping it would go on sale.  Fuck you SSG.
Trials of the Archons
The Devil's Gambit
Heart of Madness - looks interesting, but there's more than enough high level heroic XP when TRing.

Just curious which are the best and/or worst of the new packs.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Re: New Quest Packs?
Reply #1 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Mines and Trial probably your best bet .... rest can be avoided by miles tbh

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:40am
Print Post  
For heroic XP they are all pretty bad but I second Jelly_Muffin.
Devil's Gambit is the only good reaper XP chain for a lvl 30 toon.
Mines of Tethyamar has endgame catch-up gear.
Trial of the Archons has some gear, a raid with bis-FOM boots, and ok XP.
Heart of Madness has 1 quest for XP (Fashion Madness) and is a great pack... ...its just tough as nails for the rewards it provides. Palace of Stone is "OK" in epics.
TOEE is mostly gear.
Dragonblood is like Trial.
« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2017 at 9:40am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 10:08am
Print Post  
I got the fashion madness chain and never played it past the first week it came out.  easy to avoid.. until Reaper and Blood TRs.
we still avoid the Delirium quest, but the other two we run at 18.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #4 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
I still havent played fashion madness once... fuck that pack

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #5 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the input.  My big thing here is trying to avoid another Slavers pack.  Don't get me wrong, it was a good recommendation and worth the price for the gear, but fuck me those are some long, boring quests.

They remind me of the quests you made when you were 12.  Long corridor full of traps leading to a room with a mob, repeat over and over again. 

I didn't even give up on the restless isles as quickly as I did slavers.  Even jumping in to help a guildie pull something from the end chest takes like 10 damn minutes just to run through to the end.  I appreciate they were trying to make something big and epic, but I personally think they failed miserably.  Long, boring and worthless for TRing.  Fuck that pack.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jul 22nd, 2017 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 5:45pm:
worthless for TRing.

Has the best low level heroic gear, and for c casting it beats out everything else up through late epic levels even.

Quality stat, set bonus is artifact +1 to all casting stats, and +2 artifact spell focus dc to all spells. Combine it with the slaver's orb giving 1 quality spell focus to all schools, and that is 4 dc from set bonus and its items combined. The named items are worth farming too.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #7 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 6:40pm:
Has the best low level heroic gear, and for c casting it beats out everything else up through late epic levels even.

Quality stat, set bonus is artifact +1 to all casting stats, and +2 artifact spell focus dc to all spells. Combine it with the slaver's orb giving 1 quality spell focus to all schools, and that is 4 dc from set bonus and its items combined. The named items are worth farming too. 

I said the gear is well worth the initial price and grind to get.  So if you want to get into semantics, I should have said "after that" the pack is worthless for TRing Wink 

Happy?  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #8 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Grind is the quickest way to become bored.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #9 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jul 22nd, 2017 at 5:45pm:
I didn't even give up on the restless isles as quickly as I did slavers.  Even jumping in to help a guildie pull something from the end chest takes like 10 damn minutes just to run through to the end.  I appreciate they were trying to make something big and epic, but I personally think they failed miserably.  Long, boring and worthless for TRing.  Fuck that pack.

The sad thing is, Slavers was actually much LONGER than these quests we got.

If you recall, there's a section where you talk to a golem (or whatever it's called) by the Slave Pens and a door that LOOKS like it should go somewhere, but is locked and has no switch to open?

In the PnP, there is an entire other dungeon behind that door. There are similar places in the other 2 quests. (Think "Drow Optional" in Search and Rescue, where the optional is longer than the actual quest proper).

The town of Suderham should have been it's own public area, as well as the town where Dame Gold is stationed.

So if they we shooting for Epic, they missed by a wide mark.

(I will spare you my rant about ToEE here)  Wink

To the OP:

Dragonblood Prophecy- Some nice stuff. Not as terrible as it could have been.
The Mines of Tethyamar- A clear winner for updates in the last year or more.
The Temple of Elemental Evil - for the OP heroic craftable weapons.
Trials of the Archons- More decent stuff. Scales well into Epics, from what I've heard.

Devil's Gambit and Heart of Madness... I run them if I need the XP or favour. Which is almost never. The gear is "meh" as well.

The recent Mines of Tethyamar has given me some small flicker of hope that better things may be coming down the pike post-Turbine... But I remain wary of false hope.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #10 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Jul 24th, 2017 at 11:57am:
The recent Mines of Tethyamar has given me some small flicker of hope that better things may be coming down the pike post-Turbine... But I remain wary of false hope.

Especially since they put those fucking mirrors in one of the quests, and you still can only turn them clockwise. Quest time always feels like half quest, half mirror-turning.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #11 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 24th, 2017 at 1:22pm:
Especially since they put those fucking mirrors in one of the quests, and you still can only turn them clockwise. Quest time always feels like half quest, half mirror-turning.

I don't mind the mirrors,  I just wish the solutions were more challenging or had several variations.  Otherwise, it quickly becomes just a rote time sink.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #12 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jul 24th, 2017 at 1:25pm:
rote time sink

Remember that phrase. It will serve you well in DDO.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
I don't mind the mirrors,  I just wish the solutions were more challenging or had several variations.  Otherwise, it quickly becomes just a rote time sink.

Becomes?  When they are set up so that 90% of the mirrors need to be rotated just 1 step from a complete 360, it was a rote time sink the first run.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #14 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 5:47pm
Print Post  

There are several optionals that require different mirror adjustments...

But like Frank said, it was "one and done" after the first time.

And I hate mirrors less than the "Simon" puzzles in Dragonblood Prophecy (at least they function now).

http://www.freesimon.org/

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #15 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jul 24th, 2017 at 1:22pm:

The mirrors are about as much fun and about as challenging as "you must push this button 10 times to progress," repeated 10 times.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #16 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jul 25th, 2017 at 12:46am:
The mirrors are about as much fun and about as challenging as "you must push this button 10 times to progress," repeated 10 times.

The challenge is added by lag.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #17 - Jul 25th, 2017 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Or when the laser just won't bounce so you get to spin the light around the board trying to grief your buds

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint