Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Soul Gem Farming? (Read 33574 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Soul Gem Farming?
Jul 23rd, 2017 at 3:29am
Print Post  
Just curious, what's the minimum amount of effort it would take to create a toon to soul gem farm (wiz or sorc, not warlock - unless they put it on sale sometime soon)?  I'm tired of waiting for soul gems to show up in the auction house and paying the outrageous prices people charge for them.  But I do have at least a passing interest in becoming one of the people charging outrageous prices Wink

I have a decent level 7 favored soul I can LR (that I'd been feeding tomes to as I found them to make him into my alt, then completely forgot about all the effort I'd put in 3 years ago and used tomeless ranger instead ><).  What level would I have to hit with him and how hard would the actual farming be?

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Re: Soul Gem Farming?
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Just ask wizard or sorc friend. The fuck's the point of those "farmers" toons anyway lol.
Hit me up if you are on Gland.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:36am
Print Post  
I made a morning lord 1 cl 14 wiz.  Leached xp to get 15 wiz and use rhat toon to trap souls.  Have to be lvl 15 to cast as wiz.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:08am:
Just ask wizard or sorc friend. The fuck's the point of those "farmers" toons anyway lol.
Hit me up if you are on Gland.

Yeah...I don't really have friends in game any more after a 2 and a half year break.  My old guild really wasn't a guild, just a bunch of solo players working together to put together a kick-ass ship.  After contributing millions and millions of points of favor, the bastards kicked me out  Angry

Pretty happy with my new guild...for what they are.  It's probably the largest on my server, but it's a hardcore newb guild.  They're active and some returning vets like me, but not a lot of superstars are hardcore players.

I'm on Cannith, but seriously appreciate the offer of passing me some gems.

Toke wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:36am:
I made a morning lord 1 cl 14 wiz.  Leached xp to get 15 wiz and use rhat toon to trap souls.  Have to be lvl 15 to cast as wiz.

Now that's an option.  Been kind of on the fence about picking up the sun elfs, but as cheap as they are right now, I'll do it if I can find an actual use for them.  Have a purple dragon knight I'd love to delete.  Rolled him and never played him.  They're just so...stupid looking ><

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 9:36am:

why not gnome iconic and just get to 15W that way?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #5 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:42am
Print Post  
It's kind of tedious farming even if you already have the caster.

Did anyone ever make a guide of where to find the mobs that drop relevant gems?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #6 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:44am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:33am:

Because I made the ML before DGs were out.  That is a clearly easier option.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:44am:
Because I made the ML before DGs were out.  That is a clearly easier option.

just admit that you were high and you forgot

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #8 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:33am:

I never bothered picking up any of the iconics (outside of the purple knights I got with the pack) cause I didn't really "get" the point of iconics.  Yeah, it's cool starting out in the end game, but with a bunch of crap gear, not so much.  I'd rather take a heroic toon with a few past lives into epic than slug through the last few levels with a poorly equipped toon.  Could just be me, I don't "get" minecraft either Tongue

5 Foot Step wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:42am:

No idea, but if someone cool wanted to put that guide together, I'd be very interested in seeing it  Wink

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #9 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:55am:
just admit that you were high and you forgot

More of a "this is what I did" instead of trting to actually think about the problem twice to say "this is what you should do".  But the reason is likely the same.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:54am:
But the reason is likely the same.

see? I forgot already.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #11 - Jul 24th, 2017 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
There is a much easier way to farm soul gems than anything listed here so far.

If you're on Gland, let me know and I can probably hook you up assuming you're looking for a reasonable amount and not something stupid like 200 gems.

5 Foot Step wrote on Jul 23rd, 2017 at 10:42am:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Soul_Gems lists the places to farm various levels and types of soul gems.

« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2017 at 12:37pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #12 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 9:07am
Print Post  
Warlock is the best way to farm them if you can get a reasonable DC, because reasons.

You could also use a GS item and just grab the occasional stone as you play.
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2017 at 8:41pm by no. »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #13 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
no. wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 9:07am:
I don't understand fight club rules

When this gets fixed, at least we'll know which dipshit to blame.

I wasn't being vague to hoard some uber secret.   I was doing it so it wasn't spelled out for the devs that don't know how their own game works.

I'd recommend anyone wanting soul gems to stock up now.   You probably have a week or two.
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2017 at 3:01pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #14 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Lol, I had so many of those components on one character it was encumbering me.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #15 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 2:58pm:
When this gets fixed, at least we'll know which dipshit to blame.

I wasn't being vague to hoard some uber secret.   I was doing it so it wasn't spelled out for the devs that don't know how their own game works.

I'd recommend anyone wanting soul gems to stock up now.   You probably have a week or two.

It's on the damn wiki, which someone already linked to.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #16 - Jul 26th, 2017 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
no. wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 8:41pm:
It's on the damn wiki, which someone already linked to.   Roll Eyes

You think the devs play their game or even read about it?  Really?  Funny man.   They're lazy and go for the lowest hanging fruit, which you just gave them.
« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2017 at 11:31pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #17 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jul 26th, 2017 at 11:31pm:
You think the devs play their game or even read about it?  Really?  Funny man.   They're lazy and go for the lowest hanging fruit, which you just gave them.

You just said they don't read about their own game, whilst bitching that I wrote about their game.  Shocked

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #18 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
no. wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 8:37am:
You just said they don't read about their own game, whilst bitching that I wrote about their game.  Shocked

They don't pore through the thousands of pages on the DDO Wiki.  However, it's well known that they do read the Vault because the posters here (some at least) know more about playing DDO than they ever will.  Some have even commented here in the past.

Sorry I didn't spell that out for you in the last post.  I gave you too much credit and assumed you would understand the difference between reading all the pages of the wiki versus keeping an eye on new posts on a forum.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

no.
DQ Assaulter

Just no.

Reply #19 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 3:57pm:
They don't pore through the thousands of pages on the DDO Wiki.  However, it's well known that they do read the Vault because the posters here (some at least) know more about playing DDO than they ever will.  Some have even commented here in the past.

Sorry I didn't spell that out for you in the last post.  I gave you too much credit and assumed you would understand the difference between reading all the pages of the wiki versus keeping an eye on new posts on a forum.   Roll Eyes

I just find it amusing that you have a problem with me, but not the guy linking to the same shit I said. 

I don't care if they change it.  I have thousands of the things lying around. The biggest pain in the ass is using the Stone of Change. I would prefer them to keep it as is just for laziness and convenience.

IP Logged

RolyPoly
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jul 28th, 2017 at 9:49am
Print Post  
If you are in one of the biggest guilds on Cannith, I have to imagine that someone there is hoarding gems. Just ask around and see if someone has some to trade.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #21 - Jul 29th, 2017 at 6:04am
Print Post  
RolyPoly wrote on Jul 28th, 2017 at 9:49am:
If you are in one of the biggest guilds on Cannith, I have to imagine that someone there is hoarding gems. Just ask around and see if someone has some to trade.

Probably the obvious answer, but I was kind of hoping to make some astral shards.  But now it's starting to resemble work, so I'm going to move on to the next waste of time Tongue

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #22 - Jul 29th, 2017 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
no. wrote on Jul 27th, 2017 at 10:08pm:
I just find it amusing that you have a problem with me, but not the guy linking to the same shit I said. 

I don't care if they change it.  I have thousands of the things lying around. The biggest pain in the ass is using the Stone of Change. I would prefer them to keep it as is just for laziness and convenience.

The only link in this thread is to a page that lists what zone and mobs to kill for the different types of soul gems.  The linked page says nothing about how to farm them unless someone else had posted a different link and then edited it out.

I see you finally at least partially edited the gayness out of your original post in this thread but, unsuprisingly, you didn't remove enough.  It's still mostly gay and retarded.  Try again.

While the devs may be rockstarz, even they can occasionally put 1+1 together and get 2.

« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2017 at 7:21pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #23 - Jul 29th, 2017 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jul 29th, 2017 at 6:04am:
Probably the obvious answer, but I was kind of hoping to make some astral shards.  But now it's starting to resemble work, so I'm going to move on to the next waste of time Tongue

If you want to make astral shards, farm collectibles.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #24 - Jul 30th, 2017 at 2:27am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Jul 29th, 2017 at 7:20pm:
If you want to make astral shards, farm collectibles.

Market's flooded.  Can only get 5-10 if you're lucky (minus SSG's insane cut).  Pretty sure someone on Cannith still has a working dupe method.  I allow that they might just have had bags of duped ings/collectables left over like I did, but judging from some of the newer ings and augments, pretty sure they're still actively duping.

Orien on the other hand looks to be dupe free judging from the scarcity of common items on Cannith and the high AH/SE prices.  But fuck Orien.  Orien sucks.  Plus, I didn't dupe anything there Tongue

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint