Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic House C Challenge build? (Read 4512 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

House C Challenge build?
Jul 29th, 2017 at 6:08am
Print Post  
Ok, not a warlock, but any ideas what's the easiest build/level to grind out some cannith challenges?  Level 7?  Iconic that's mostly a wiz or sorc?

In retrospect 2k of each ing was really just a drop in the bucket and I should have duped more, so it looks like I'm back to putting my dick in the pencil sharpener to get more.  Any ideas are welcome.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Re: House C Challenge build?
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2017 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Initial thoughts are purple dragon knight (was hoping for the mark of passage for DD, but I guess they don't have that option) for the starting 3 feats, 2 rogue for evasion and the rest for barb.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2017 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Some only open at level 15. And DDoor is excellent in all of them.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #3 - Jul 29th, 2017 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Was debating between barb with a splash of rogue or acrobat with a splash of barb.  Went with acrobat and so far she's freaking flying.  Really impressed with the speed and ability to fly through the traps so far.  And when I say speed, she's possibly the fastest moving toon I've made since I've started playing.  Crazy fast when hit with a haste boost.  More info to follow.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #4 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Definitely build for ddoor. The most efficient farms are time is money and buying time, and DDoor is very good in those. And with the ingredient trade in, that covers most of your needs.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #5 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
From http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1481171951/31#31

Unless something has changed that I'm forgetting since those posts, a level 15 Shadar-Kai 13/1/1 Bard, Rogue, Barbarian would be the fastest possible runspeed for a Challenge farmer build.  You get trapping skills as a bonus. 

You could use qstaves but Swashbuckling is likely be more DPS.  Also, you could go with 12/2/1 Bard, Rogue, Barb for evasion but you'd lose the two level 5 spells (Shadow Walk and Greater Heroism).

Bard gives you solid melee DPS, CC, Haste, DDoor, Heals, etc.

Sustained Runspeed Bonus = 69%
Source       Type       Percent
Striding / Speed Gear       Enhancement       30
Barbarian - Level 1 Class Bonus       Fast Movement       10
Bard - Swash T2 Fast Movement       Music       13
Bard - Warchanter Expeditious Chant       Action Boost       15
Rogue - Acrobat T1 Fast Movement       Fast Movement       1

Boosted Runspeed Bonus = 113%
Source       Type       Percent
Bard - Bard Shadow Walk Spell       Enhancement       40
Barbarian - Level 1 Class Bonus       Fast Movement       10
Bard - Swash T2 Fast Movement       Music       12
Bard - Warchanter Tier 2 Sprint AB          Action Boost       50
Rogue - Acrobat T1 Fast Movement       Fast Movement       1

Note that if you can't stand the pink haze from Shadow Walk, an extended Haste Spell gives you an extra 2% over the base 30% enhancement bonus plus the saves and attack speed buff.  Your boosted runspeed would be 106.

An alternate option would be a PDK 10/4/1 Bard, Fighter, Barb.   Take T5 in Swashbuckler instead of Warchanter and take tier 4 Fighter Stalwart Defense.  You'll lose 9% sustained runspeed but gain a decent bit of defense and likely some melee DPS.  Boosted runspeed would be 12% lower.  APs might be tight for this at level 15 though.  If my napkin math is correct, you'd need to level this version to 16 and get all 4 ranks from 16 for a total of 64 AP to fit in Sprint Boost from Bard Warchanter.
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2017 at 12:07am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #6 - Jul 31st, 2017 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Not as speedy as build above but...

1Barb/4Fighter/10Warlock PDK

10% Barb
10% Swift Defense
10% Feeding Frenzy (can keep up pretty much all the time between Consume and one tier of Stricken)

DDoor, Aura, Evard's, GOO for Knock (Rushmore's) Cleave's and Kensai goodies.

Or
1Barb/6Fighter/8Warlock if you want more melee DPS from Kensai T5 instead of Evard's/Displacement/Shining Through (Still get Ddoor as your 3rd level spell) 

« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2017 at 2:08pm by Mokune »  

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Darth Anonymous
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 1st, 2017 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
I would go artie to park the dog in the center of the mining ones. D Door is better with a level 11 hireling.

IP Logged

Oracler
Titan Demolisher

Sploits! omnomnom..

Reply #8 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 5:24am
Print Post  
FVS hireling does job well to protect kobolds at entrance, usually.

I'd go for pure Bard (Spellsinger + some Warchanting) if you plan to focus on kobold ones. Healing song is diamond.
Pure Pale Master if plan to do rushmore / eveningstar ones.
Or just pure Warlock and zerg thru everything.

I usually stock up on ings when I do those past lives anyway. Coz good XP there also.

Here's a drama, There's a drama, and another little drama
Fuzzy drama, Funny drama, drama drama duck

drama drama, cheesecake drama, tablet, brick, potato, drama
drama drama mushroom drama, drama drama duck

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint