Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Mysterious remnants turn ins (Read 4433 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Mysterious remnants turn ins
Aug 7th, 2017 at 11:10am
Print Post  
So, what's the best order/most useful for the MR boosts?  I was thinking about getting the one crappy point of PRR or MRR, but now I'm thinking more about the one crappy point of melee power.  Which is more beneficial, or is it all too low to even matter?

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Re: Mysterious remnants turn ins
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Personally did ranged, melee and spell power boosts first, depending on classes, then prr and mrr.  Pretty much only make a difference in 1st 3ish levels, but what else are you going to spend rems on?

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Aug 7th, 2017 at 11:53am:
but what else are you going to spend rems on?

I don't know...crappy, overpriced, nearly worthless bottomless pots if they do another remnant event?  I'm just spit-balling here.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
The mysterious cloaks come 1st IMO.  Also limited time availability.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 7th, 2017 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Aug 7th, 2017 at 2:25pm:
The mysterious cloaks come 1st IMO.  Also limited time availability.

Bracer is better for casters in heroics and for equipping ghostly. The only items offering ghostly in heroics that are not on a cloak are : Planar Compass, Dream Edge, Resplendence, And Treads.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #5 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Cloaks and Bracers are first, imo, too.  Very useful.  The FoM pot is solid for non-caster types.  After that, it gets dicey.  1 point of MP/RP is clearly more valuable than 1 point of USP, PRR or MRR, just on percentages and formula.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 2:59am
Print Post  
Yall are being silly

The correct answer is obviously the Crown of Fire

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #7 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 5:59am
Print Post  
Quote:
Yall are being silly

The correct answer is obviously the Crown of Fire

Since you can trade it to Diadem of Fire Smiley))

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #8 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 7:00am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 9:08am:
1 point of MP/RP is clearly more valuable than 1 point of USP, PRR or MRR, just on percentages and formula.

After I took two seconds to actually think about it, I realized Toke was right.  Two points on a scale of (roughly, heroic at least) 1-20 is worth way more than on a scale of 1-100.  Knocking out my melee power first, then debating if I should grab PRR and MRR or save up for a nearly worthless bottomless pot (at least until they split the fucking timers).

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #9 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 11:36am
Print Post  
My take on the remnant rewards was to stockpile the the remnants until the non-standard items became available.  While the power increase tomes are okay, they're always available.  SSG only seems to add the non-standard items to the vendor every 6 months or whenever someone on the mobos remembers to remind them that it has been a while.

Especially if you're doing hTRs and rTRs go for a full set of the bracers and/or cloaks.  Get the lvl 7, 14 and 21 versions.   Those have a yellow and colorless slot.  I slotted a topaz of feather falling and a master's gift aug into each of them. 

Having all three levels of that with the same augs makes it easy to fit into a template with Cannith and Slave Lords crafted gear while you level.  Reducing the amount of time spent playing gear tetris is more time you can spend leveling.

As Rubbins pointed out, the bracers seems to fit better with caster gear.  I think the cloak is easier to slot with melee builds.

Once you have those, go for whatever Eternal potions you want next.  In my opinion, the FoM potion is probably the most universally useful, followed by the Displacement and Death Ward ones.

Once you manage to snag those, you can then get the power increasing tomes as you gather enough rems without having to wait for the few times a year SSG remembers that they have a remnant vendor.
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2017 at 11:37am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #10 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Yea not sure what to spend them on. I hardly even pick them up. I managed to get all the tomes you can get with them even though i dont think its worth it. I have the highest lvl cloak on each toon and 1 of each lvl for tring but i shoulve done the bracers.. oh well. I havent used the cloaks since i was capped tho..

I do pick them up in chests still.. i have a bunch of rems and no idea what ill drop them on..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint