Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic A few Pal questions (Read 5853 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

A few Pal questions
Aug 8th, 2017 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
First off, what's broke? 

I upgraded divine might and it's supposed to last a minute and a half...but it doesn't.  I think it gave me the full 120 seconds in one quest, but after that it only gives me 30 seconds, so I stopped using it (plus it shares usage with other clickies, which is complete BS).

Is divine sacrifice working?  Because I swear mine isn't doing shit.  Maybe I just don't notice it because of all the stacks of damage from GS and I still use it, but I suspect it's not really doing anything.

Is there a conflict between the Pal auras and other stacking pluses to AC and saves?  Because I don't really notice myself getting the bonuses from my bulwark aura (I'm wearing white dragon armor and +4 protection aug, if that helps).

But the big question is, should I be investing in my aura or more in my sacred defense?

It didn't really matter before I got to evening star, but with the fucked up aggro and already large mobs, I'm taking way more damage quicker than I should be.  I'm barely finishing quests by the skin of my teeth (outdated hires that can't take a hit don't help much either). 

Normally I build to avoid being hit over not taking as much damage when I do get hit, but I'm starting to suspect that tactic doesn't work in evening star.  I have decent PRR, but do I need to go all in next life?
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2017 at 12:29pm by Skoodge »  

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Re: A few Pal questions
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 12:28pm:
wearing white dragon armor and +4 protection aug

those 2 are the same type

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 1:54am
Print Post  
Reyes. wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:49am:
those 2 are the same type

Listed the wrong one, should have been +4 nat armor.  The protection is left over from when I was using the black dragon scale armor and needs to be replaced with a fear immunity augment, I just haven't found one yet (plus, I don't really need it till I switch classes again).

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 12:28pm:
First off, what's broke? 

I upgraded divine might and it's supposed to last a minute and a half...but it doesn't.  I think it gave me the full 120 seconds in one quest, but after that it only gives me 30 seconds, so I stopped using it (plus it shares usage with other clickies, which is complete BS).

So, you know you have to drag down the upgraded enhancement on to your hotbar after you put more points into it, right?

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #4 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 5:50am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 11:32am:
So, you know you have to drag down the upgraded enhancement on to your hotbar after you put more points into it, right? 

Of course I know this.  Now, have I been doing it every time?  Possibly not.  Been mostly working with pre-existing characters or Iconics where you do all the enhancements at once.  Good chance I've been lax in refreshing my clickies when leveling.  Something I'll need to keep an eye on.  Thanks.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #5 - Aug 15th, 2017 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
AFAIK DM and DS are working, though I haven't been giving the pally much love lately.

Defender stuff should all be typed as sacred, so there is some overlap with US IIRC.

Investing in the stance is pretty much always better than the aura, but what's your build?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #6 - Aug 15th, 2017 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 15th, 2017 at 12:13pm:
Investing in the stance is pretty much always better than the aura, but what's your build?

I've figured that out (for low level at least).

Evasion pally - 2 rogue/16 pally (bank and TR).

First life I didn't open the defender tree till the end, this time around I opened it much earlier just to get the PRR, it's working much better.

Already closed the client down, will give specifics tomorrow.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #7 - Aug 15th, 2017 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 15th, 2017 at 7:20pm:
I've figured that out (for low level at least).

Evasion pally - 2 rogue/16 pally (bank and TR).

First life I didn't open the defender tree till the end, this time around I opened it much earlier just to get the PRR, it's working much better.

Already closed the client down, will give specifics tomorrow.

With light armor for evasion, you'll be limited to the lower tier stance boosts unless you are S&B for some reason.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #8 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 3:35am
Print Post  
What I have so far

STR 16
DEX 14*
CON 14
INT 14
WIS 08
CHR 14

*most of the evasion builds dump dex and recommend 18 str.  Seems kind of stupid to me to lose +3 to all the dex based skills, saving throws and dodge chance to gain the plus to STR.  I do take STR each level a stat is offered though.

+3 tomes to all stats except +4 for CON and +2 for WIS.

Max plus at level (2/5/10/15) for all stats built into equipment.  Right now my STR is 26 (level 9)

Feats - usual.  Power attack, 2hf, weapon focus slashing, improved crit, improved 2hf, etc.  The only thing I'm not taking with the build is cleave since I can use exalted cleave.

Human tree
Melee power boost
2 pts towards lesser mark of passage (solo build. hate giving up the feat for it, but it really is pretty useful).
Improved recovery
Don't count me out (put 3 points in last build, probably only one point this time)
Greater Weapon aptitude - did all 3 levels last build to improve 2hf.

Knight of Chalice

Been a lot of changes to the pally build since I last played.  Last life I just kind of phoned it in and dumped all my points in this tree, which made evening star very rough for me.  I'm trying to tighten it up this time around, dumping turning for starters.  Takes too many points to make it worth wild and really isn't very useful after the lower and mid levels.

Extra turning - 3pts - since it gives more smite
Extra remove disease - probably only one point this life. 
Extra smite - 2pts
Exalted cleave - 3 levels
Exalted smite - 3 levels
Empowered smite -
Avenging cleave - skipped last time.  Pretty sure the vulnerability is more than a light build can handle.
Divine sacrifice - 3pts.  I'm using it but swear it's not doing anything.  All I see is a barely noticeable extra swing.  Even on the dummy I don't see any extra damage.
Passion - might skip, seems like it loses usefulness in evening star (where you hit less evil creatures).
Holy retribution - all in (eventually)
Divine Might - might skip.  Already have the human melee boost
Vigor of life - as needed to get to 30 points for top tier.  Had a hell of a healing amp going last life.
Improved restoration - as needed to get to 30 pts.
Censor demons - undecided.  It's nice, but all but worthless the last 4 or 5 levels.
Censor outsider - if I can get it with only one pt in censor demons, will probably take for the melee power boost.

Sacred defender

Opened this up very late in the game last life and dumped most of my points in my aura.  This life I opened it up within the first 5 levels and maxed out durable defense.  The difference is very noticeable.  No idea how many points I'll have left over for this tree, but I'll work on my stance over my aura this time around.

Extra lay on hands - pretty sure it's slightly broken.  I seem to lose one between dungeons (drops down from 3 to 2 without being used).  Will take all 3 levels.  This is the only thing that kept me alive in evening star.  With my healing amp, I was seeing 300 pts healing per lay on hands by the end of the run.
Durable defense - maxed.
Sacred armor, bulwark, and resistance aura - maxed last life.  Not sure how many points will be left over for them this life.

I'm sure it could be tighter, but overall it's a pretty good build.  I've only got two crappy points in my reaper tree, but I can pretty much join any reaper group (within reason) and not die anymore than anyone else.

Great defense, but I always find the DPS lacking when I get to evening star.  It's not bad considering, but it's not exactly knock your socks off damage.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #9 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 11:10am
Print Post  
You must be multiclass, right? 7 pally/2 rogue then since you have evasion?

Anyway, this is my most recent take on Pally:

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1477330451/0#0
Quote:
Enhancements:

Knight of the Chalice: 41 AP

Core 6/6

Extra Smite 2/2
Extra Turning 2/3

Divine Might 3/3 (6 pts)
Exalted Cleave 3/3
AB: Melee Power 3/3

Exalted Smite 3/3
Divine Sacrifice 2/3
+1 Str

Censure Demons
Empowered Smite (2 pts)
Vigor of Life (2 pts)

Censure Outsiders
Holy Retribution 1/3
Avenging Cleave 3/3
Vigor of Life (2 pts)

Sacred Defender:21 AP

Core 3/6

Extra Lay on Hands 3/3
Resilient Defense 3/3
Armor Mastery 3/3

Durable Defense 3/3

Strong Defense 3/3
Cha+1

Swift Defense

Racial: 18 AP

Core 2/5 (Damage Boost, Str)

Improved Recovery (2 pts)
Action Surge Str 3/3

Great Weapon Aptitude 3/3
Purple Dragon Focus 3/3

Don't Count Me Out is a waste of AP IMO when Action Surge and a stat bump are on the table. You won't be able to use Strong Defense, but I'd still spend in the tree to get Swift Defense.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #10 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 11:13am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 18th, 2017 at 11:10am:
You must be multiclass, right? 7 pally/2 rogue then since you have evasion?

Anyway, this is my most recent take on Pally:

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1477330451/0#0

Don't Count Me Out is a waste of AP IMO when Action Surge and a stat bump are on the table. You won't be able to use Strong Defense, but I'd still spend in the tree to get Swift Defense.

Going to disagree slightly.  I did screw the pooch first time around by wasting points that should have been going towards strength (thanks for the reminder) but, outside of reaper (which I don't count), I didn't die this life.  Part of that came from "don't count me out."  At least a dozen times I took little "naps" - laid down because I went into negatives and it bought me just enough time for a healer to get to me to avoid dying.

Here's what I ended up with.  DPS was way better, but still not good enough (IMO) for eveningstar - but that's another topic.

Human Tree - 12 pts
Melee action boost
Dragon mark
Lesser dragon mark
Improved recovery***
Don't count me out 3 pts
Great weapon ap 3 pts

Knight of Chalice 38 pts
Extra Turning 3pts
Extra smite 2pts
Improved restoration 2pts*
Censure demons
Censure outsiders
Exalted cleave 3pts
Exalted smite 6pts
Empowered smite 2pts
Vigor of life
Divine sacrifice 3pts
Holy retribution 3pts
Strength x2
Sealed life*

Sacred Defender 25pts
Extra lay on hands 3pts
Durable defense 3pts
Sacred armor 1pt
Instinctive defense 3pts **
Bulwark aura 3pts
Resilient defense 3pts
Resistant aura 3pts
Spellshield aura 3pts
Swift defense

* I went for sealed life on your recommendation but am leaning more towards putting the point in restoration in the future.  Yes, it protects you from neg levels, which I love - but that's it.  I think it's better for you (and anyone else in a party) to be able to use your remove disease to get rid of negative levels (plus your one shot of unyielding sovereign) and CHR and STR damage, etc.

** Ended up putting the points there towards the end for eveningstar when I was getting knocked on my ass a lot by bears.

Thanks for the input.  4th life was much easier than the 3rd because of it.

***Only went two for healing amp.  With my gear and past life, those two put me at 100% healing amp.  I put points in heal every level and my lay on hands would do a min of 200 healing (averaging over 300).  I could fill my bar with a single lay on hands or two cure serious wounds.
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2017 at 11:17am by Skoodge »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #11 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 11:13am:
Going to disagree slightly.  I did screw the pooch first time around by wasting points that should have been going towards strength (thanks for the reminder) but, outside of reaper (which I don't count), I didn't die this life.  Part of that came from "don't count me out."  At least a dozen times I took little "naps" - laid down because I went into negatives and it bought me just enough time for a healer to get to me to avoid dying.

While there's nothing wrong with this approach, I would respectfully submit that if you're going "unconcious" that much on a paladin, there might be better ways.   You should be able to pick up enough defenses in other areas without needing to resort to this.

It's been a while since I did paladin lives, but when I did, that was by far the most durable, hardest-to-kill class/build I've run.  Even in high skull reapers, the best melee DPS build I've seen is a Paladin/Ranger mix.  It's durable as hell and brings DPS in truckloads.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #12 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 2:59pm:
While there's nothing wrong with this approach, I would respectfully submit that if you're going "unconcious" that much on a paladin, there might be better ways. 

Not sure how much of it's listed here, but I'm running an evasion solo build, you have to keep that in mind.  It's 18 pal with a two level splash of rogue, so I'm losing a lot of power right out of the gate to be more balanced in other aspects.  The goal is for self-healing (because hires are even less reliable now than they were a few years ago) and to be able to handle (or at least not be hindered by) traps.

I ran close to 200 quests this life (did a bit of favor running this time around) and I doubt if I grouped even 20 times.  Yeah, the light build doesn't do armor and defense as well as a pure build or a group build, but it can do a whole, whole lot more than a regular pal.

So coming close to death a dozen times out of a good 170 solo quests really isn't bad at all considering everything else the build can do.

It's been a while since I did paladin lives, but when I did, that was by far the most durable, hardest-to-kill class/build I've run.

How long ago are we talking about here?  I did the evasion pal about 3 years ago and found it just shy of OP...for like the first 15 levels.  It was impressive as hell even in a group.  With all the changes to the class and the game...it was ok this time.  Solid for soloing but not nearly as impressive as it used to be.  And even 3 years ago the class wasn't powerful enough to handle the OP mobs in evening star solo.

Even in high skull reapers, the best melee DPS build I've seen is a Paladin/Ranger mix.  It's durable as hell and brings DPS in truckloads.

Personally haven't seen it.  I rezed the 3 or 4 pals I did run with this life.  They died where I didn't.  I could tell they had (slightly) better DPS than I did, but that's all they had going for them.  I could kill as well as they did, they just did it slightly faster.  They couldn't handle mobs on their own as well as my build (gear playing as much into that as anything.  I know how to gear a light build).

Any suggestions on how to squeeze more DPS out of it though, I'm all ears.  The DPS wasn't horrible...but it sure wasn't barb DPS, you know what I mean?  Outside of traps (which I can get with a splash of rogue), the only difference between playing a pal and a barb was it felt like I was giving up half the offensive power just to be able to self-heal.  I loved the self healing, but if the power is there, I haven't found it.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 3:33pm:
Any suggestions on how to squeeze more DPS out of it though

For heroics I would focus on Holy Retribution on thf. It is an aoe attack that can one shot entire packs of trash. Surprising how many mobs are evil aligned.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #14 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 4:28pm:
For heroics I would focus on Holy Retribution on thf. It is an aoe attack that can one shot entire packs of trash. Surprising how many mobs are evil aligned.

Took it, works great...all like 11 fucking shots you get between rests (seriously, the hard limits on melee special attacks are complete bullshit.  If the don't feel the cooldown periods are enough - and they fucking should be - then they should bloody well give us pots to chug to replenish like the casters get.  Seriously...fucking bullshit).

The only offensive thing in any of the trees I didn't put points into was Avenging Cleave.  I got my AC as high as I could with a light build, but the stacking vulnerability seemed like more than I could afford to lose without heavy armor.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #15 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 4:49pm:
The only offensive thing in any of the trees I didn't put points into was Avenging Cleave.  I got my AC as high as I could with a light build, but the stacking vulnerability seemed like more than I could afford to lose without heavy armor.

Umm, this is going to be embarrassing, but you should know...the vulnerability stacks on the mobs you hit with it.
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2017 at 5:12pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #16 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 5:12pm:
Umm, this is going to be embarrassing, but you should know...the vulnerability stacks on the mobs you hit with it.

I probably used the wrong word, you do get 1% more damage in return, right?  Stacking up to 20% additional incoming damage from using it?  That's the part I was trying to avoid.  Those mobs in evening star are fucking huge and one guy with a dead hire (because in evening star my hires tend to stay dead a lot) really can't handle additional incoming damage.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 5:51pm:
Stacking up to 20% additional incoming damage from using it?

you do not get vuln stacks on your pally.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #18 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 6:34pm:
you do not get vuln stacks on your pally.

Fuck me (or fuck the piss poor wording on the description), I see where I got confused.  I thought it had two separate affects.  Yeah, I should have totally been using that.  I thought it was working like divine sacrifice where there was a negative consequence for using it.

Well, this is how we learn.  Good chance I'll come back later to pick up a 3rd PL from pally, it'll be a little tighter that time around.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #19 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 3:33pm:
Not sure how much of it's listed here, but I'm running an evasion solo build, you have to keep that in mind.  It's 18 pal with a two level splash of rogue, so I'm losing a lot of power right out of the gate to be more balanced in other aspects.  The goal is for self-healing (because hires are even less reliable now than they were a few years ago) and to be able to handle (or at least not be hindered by) traps.

I ran close to 200 quests this life (did a bit of favor running this time around) and I doubt if I grouped even 20 times.  Yeah, the light build doesn't do armor and defense as well as a pure build or a group build, but it can do a whole, whole lot more than a regular pal.

So coming close to death a dozen times out of a good 170 solo quests really isn't bad at all considering everything else the build can do.

How long ago are we talking about here?  I did the evasion pal about 3 years ago and found it just shy of OP...for like the first 15 levels.  It was impressive as hell even in a group.  With all the changes to the class and the game...it was ok this time.  Solid for soloing but not nearly as impressive as it used to be.  And even 3 years ago the class wasn't powerful enough to handle the OP mobs in evening star solo.

Personally haven't seen it.  I rezed the 3 or 4 pals I did run with this life.  They died where I didn't.  I could tell they had (slightly) better DPS than I did, but that's all they had going for them.  I could kill as well as they did, they just did it slightly faster.  They couldn't handle mobs on their own as well as my build (gear playing as much into that as anything.  I know how to gear a light build).

Any suggestions on how to squeeze more DPS out of it though, I'm all ears.  The DPS wasn't horrible...but it sure wasn't barb DPS, you know what I mean?  Outside of traps (which I can get with a splash of rogue), the only difference between playing a pal and a barb was it felt like I was giving up half the offensive power just to be able to self-heal.  I loved the self healing, but if the power is there, I haven't found it.

That's what I was getting at.   Evasion paladins are so 2012.  Go full retard strength, con, cha (for DM), and heavy armor for all the AC, prr and mrr you can get.  If you splash 2 rogue, you can still get all the traps if that's what you want.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 11:36pm:
That's what I was getting at.   Evasion paladins are so 2012.  Go full retard strength, con, cha (for DM), and heavy armor for all the AC, prr and mrr you can get.  If you splash 2 rogue, you can still get all the traps if that's what you want.

And you want that.  Reaper brings another +40% XP, and rxp is boosted not at all by optionals but is by breaking boxes, killing shit and disarming traps.  So you skip the opts, save a pile of time, make as much or more xp, and make the most rxp.  And probably more xp/rxp per minute.  win win win.

I tend towards heavy armor builds myself, but with 2 prior lives on the build you probably want to go evasion anyways since you are probably geared for it.  Keep dodge capped ofc and I still pick AC over other options.  Elemental Mithral Breastplate at level 8, you'll probably see that in 1-3 runs and people pass stuff freely from this raid.  Breastplate of Destruction at 14th and ditto on passing.  Slot natural armor or craft it, look for items that grant a shield bonus, insight AC bonus, etc.  You won't be too far behind a heavy armor wearer who doesn't gear for AC.  Hell you might be ahead of them.  Seriously, in your next 20 non-solo runs ask the heavy armor wearers what their AC is.  And then remember that you have dodge and evasion to balance against their higher prr/mrr.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 9:45am:
Breastplate of Destruction

No, drow outrunner armor.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #22 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Elemental Mithral Breastplate

Totally depends on your Dex.  If your dex is high enough, you lose AC and dodge by using the EMB over the snakeskin vest.  I do like the double augment slots the EMB has and have a set sitting in my bank account.  Not sure what my dex is going to look like with my barb this life, so I may switch, but right now the only thing it has over the SSV is the augment slots - which I'm not hurting for.  Think at that level I have 10 plus augment slots all filled, so it's not enough to lose the search, spot and protection against poison.

A good suggestion for a non-dex based light build though.  It is a decent set of armor.

Breastplate of Destruction

Same problem as above.  It only offers 5 points more AC than the white dragonhide armor, but you're losing 4 pts of dex bonus and you're giving up your fortification (if you're not slotting it on something else) and the cold protection.  If your dodge is high enough (and a light build, you want it to be) you're hurting yourself by using anything with only a cap of 8 on your dex.

Rubbinns wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 11:16am:

As usual, you're giving the best selection.  And, as usual, I don't have that pack yet Tongue

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 11:16am:

L14 19 +8 dex +4 Deflection = 31 vs. L15 13 +22 dex = 35 but assumes a +18 dex bonus which is challenging at L15.

But still worth considering.  Easy to get at least.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 12:52pm:
+18 dex bonus which is challenging at L15.

It has an end game level mdb. Though pure pally or xpally/2rogue splashes don't break 15 (8/3/3 item+shadar lives) in heroics. Unless he splashed more rogue for uncanny dodge and access to tier 3 and cores in TA or some other splashes. Not for every build but those that would be splashed as some version of swashbuckler/ranger/fighter/monk/4+rogue or barb. Uncanny dodge builds easily get there, 10 extra dodge for improved dodge builds at lv 16. Easily makes Outrunner the best heroic armor for those builds.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint