Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  spathic wrote on Mar 27th, 2017 at 6:33pm:
"In your past life you were a bizarre miscegenation of exclamation points and capitalization. Three times per rest you are surprised by the interaction of poor gaming skills and odd build choices."
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

A few Pal questions (Read 519 times)
  Aug 8th, 2017 at 12:28pm  
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Why? You want to visit me?
A few Pal questions  
First off, what's broke?

I upgraded divine might and it's supposed to last a minute and a half...but it doesn't. I think it gave me the full 120 seconds in one quest, but after that it only gives me 30 seconds, so I stopped using it (plus it shares usage with other clickies, which is complete BS).

Is divine sacrifice working? Because I swear mine isn't doing shit. Maybe I just don't notice it because of all the stacks of damage from GS and I still use it, but I suspect it's not really doing anything.

Is there a conflict between the Pal auras and other stacking pluses to AC and saves? Because I don't really notice myself getting the bonuses from my bulwark aura (I'm wearing white dragon armor and +4 protection aug, if that helps).

But the big question is, should I be investing in my aura or more in my sacred defense?

It didn't really matter before I got to evening star, but with the fucked up aggro and already large mobs, I'm taking way more damage quicker than I should be. I'm barely finishing quests by the skin of my teeth (outdated hires that can't take a hit don't help much either).

Normally I build to avoid being hit over not taking as much damage when I do get hit, but I'm starting to suspect that tactic doesn't work in evening star. I have decent PRR, but do I need to go all in next life?
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2017 at 12:29pm by Skoodge »  

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored. Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted. Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:49am  
Xahtep
Korthos Resident

Re: A few Pal questions  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 12:28pm:
wearing white dragon armor and +4 protection aug

those 2 are the same type

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2017 at 1:54am  
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Xahtep wrote on Aug 9th, 2017 at 12:49am:
those 2 are the same type

Listed the wrong one, should have been +4 nat armor.  The protection is left over from when I was using the black dragon scale armor and needs to be replaced with a fear immunity augment, I just haven't found one yet (plus, I don't really need it till I switch classes again).

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored. Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted. Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 11:32am  
Frank
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Skoodge wrote on Aug 8th, 2017 at 12:28pm:
First off, what's broke?

I upgraded divine might and it's supposed to last a minute and a half...but it doesn't. I think it gave me the full 120 seconds in one quest, but after that it only gives me 30 seconds, so I stopped using it (plus it shares usage with other clickies, which is complete BS).

So, you know you have to drag down the upgraded enhancement on to your hotbar after you put more points into it, right?

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects." They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Aug 11th, 2017 at 5:50am  
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Frank wrote on Aug 10th, 2017 at 11:32am:
So, you know you have to drag down the upgraded enhancement on to your hotbar after you put more points into it, right?

Of course I know this.  Now, have I been doing it every time?  Possibly not.  Been mostly working with pre-existing characters or Iconics where you do all the enhancements at once.  Good chance I've been lax in refreshing my clickies when leveling.  Something I'll need to keep an eye on.  Thanks.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Aug 15th, 2017 at 12:13pm  
5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

USA
AFAIK DM and DS are working, though I haven't been giving the pally much love lately.

Defender stuff should all be typed as sacred, so there is some overlap with US IIRC.

Investing in the stance is pretty much always better than the aura, but what's your build?

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Aug 15th, 2017 at 7:20pm  
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 15th, 2017 at 12:13pm:
Investing in the stance is pretty much always better than the aura, but what's your build?

I've figured that out (for low level at least).

Evasion pally - 2 rogue/16 pally (bank and TR).

First life I didn't open the defender tree till the end, this time around I opened it much earlier just to get the PRR, it's working much better.

Already closed the client down, will give specifics tomorrow.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Aug 15th, 2017 at 7:31pm  
5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

USA
Skoodge wrote on Aug 15th, 2017 at 7:20pm:
I've figured that out (for low level at least).

Evasion pally - 2 rogue/16 pally (bank and TR).

First life I didn't open the defender tree till the end, this time around I opened it much earlier just to get the PRR, it's working much better.

Already closed the client down, will give specifics tomorrow.

With light armor for evasion, you'll be limited to the lower tier stance boosts unless you are S&B for some reason.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Aug 16th, 2017 at 3:35am  
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

What I have so far

STR 16
DEX 14*
CON 14
INT 14
WIS 08
CHR 14

*most of the evasion builds dump dex and recommend 18 str.  Seems kind of stupid to me to lose +3 to all the dex based skills, saving throws and dodge chance to gain the plus to STR.  I do take STR each level a stat is offered though.

+3 tomes to all stats except +4 for CON and +2 for WIS.

Max plus at level (2/5/10/15) for all stats built into equipment.  Right now my STR is 26 (level 9)

Feats - usual.  Power attack, 2hf, weapon focus slashing, improved crit, improved 2hf, etc.  The only thing I'm not taking with the build is cleave since I can use exalted cleave.

Human tree
Melee power boost
2 pts towards lesser mark of passage (solo build. hate giving up the feat for it, but it really is pretty useful).
Improved recovery
Don't count me out (put 3 points in last build, probably only one point this time)
Greater Weapon aptitude - did all 3 levels last build to improve 2hf.

Knight of Chalice

Been a lot of changes to the pally build since I last played.  Last life I just kind of phoned it in and dumped all my points in this tree, which made evening star very rough for me.  I'm trying to tighten it up this time around, dumping turning for starters.  Takes too many points to make it worth wild and really isn't very useful after the lower and mid levels.

Extra turning - 3pts - since it gives more smite
Extra remove disease - probably only one point this life. 
Extra smite - 2pts
Exalted cleave - 3 levels
Exalted smite - 3 levels
Empowered smite -
Avenging cleave - skipped last time.  Pretty sure the vulnerability is more than a light build can handle.
Divine sacrifice - 3pts.  I'm using it but swear it's not doing anything.  All I see is a barely noticeable extra swing.  Even on the dummy I don't see any extra damage.
Passion - might skip, seems like it loses usefulness in evening star (where you hit less evil creatures).
Holy retribution - all in (eventually)
Divine Might - might skip.  Already have the human melee boost
Vigor of life - as needed to get to 30 points for top tier.  Had a hell of a healing amp going last life.
Improved restoration - as needed to get to 30 pts.
Censor demons - undecided.  It's nice, but all but worthless the last 4 or 5 levels.
Censor outsider - if I can get it with only one pt in censor demons, will probably take for the melee power boost.

Sacred defender

Opened this up very late in the game last life and dumped most of my points in my aura.  This life I opened it up within the first 5 levels and maxed out durable defense.  The difference is very noticeable.  No idea how many points I'll have left over for this tree, but I'll work on my stance over my aura this time around.

Extra lay on hands - pretty sure it's slightly broken.  I seem to lose one between dungeons (drops down from 3 to 2 without being used).  Will take all 3 levels.  This is the only thing that kept me alive in evening star.  With my healing amp, I was seeing 300 pts healing per lay on hands by the end of the run.
Durable defense - maxed.
Sacred armor, bulwark, and resistance aura - maxed last life.  Not sure how many points will be left over for them this life.

I'm sure it could be tighter, but overall it's a pretty good build.  I've only got two crappy points in my reaper tree, but I can pretty much join any reaper group (within reason) and not die anymore than anyone else.

Great defense, but I always find the DPS lacking when I get to evening star.  It's not bad considering, but it's not exactly knock your socks off damage.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Aug 18th, 2017 at 11:10am  
5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

USA
You must be multiclass, right? 7 pally/2 rogue then since you have evasion?

Anyway, this is my most recent take on Pally:

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1477330451/0#0
Quote:
Enhancements:

Knight of the Chalice: 41 AP

Core 6/6

Extra Smite 2/2
Extra Turning 2/3

Divine Might 3/3 (6 pts)
Exalted Cleave 3/3
AB: Melee Power 3/3

Exalted Smite 3/3
Divine Sacrifice 2/3
+1 Str

Censure Demons
Empowered Smite (2 pts)
Vigor of Life (2 pts)

Censure Outsiders
Holy Retribution 1/3
Avenging Cleave 3/3
Vigor of Life (2 pts)

Sacred Defender:21 AP

Core 3/6

Extra Lay on Hands 3/3
Resilient Defense 3/3
Armor Mastery 3/3

Durable Defense 3/3

Strong Defense 3/3
Cha+1

Swift Defense

Racial: 18 AP

Core 2/5 (Damage Boost, Str)

Improved Recovery (2 pts)
Action Surge Str 3/3

Great Weapon Aptitude 3/3
Purple Dragon Focus 3/3

Don't Count Me Out is a waste of AP IMO when Action Surge and a stat bump are on the table. You won't be able to use Strong Defense, but I'd still spend in the tree to get Swift Defense.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: Strakeln)