Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Getting ready to TR, what do we know about bugs? (Read 10921 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: Getting ready to TR, what do we know about bugs?
Reply #50 - Aug 30th, 2017 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 9:59am:
If you have to walk outside in the middle of a thunderstorm, I'd wear rubber soled shoes and not carry a big metal stick.   

I've been slept ( well more or less... actually less ) in thunderstorms, under a tent, less than 50m from the highest local point ( the Refuge Lightning protection, that got hit several time during the night, the kids were scared, I was pissed since it meant that the summit planed for the next day was going to be a no-no ), I've walked under thunderstorms, with a big pointy thing sticking out of my backpack ( read : an Icepick ), I've rock climbed under thunderstorms ( again with a big pointy thing sticking out of the backpack )... I've taken refuge from a thunderstorm ( because it flooded the tents ) in an old abandonned Eletrical transformer Station that had it's roof partially broken.... and more ...

There's just a few rules to follow : don't stay under trees, don't stay on the ridges, the crests or the summits, don't stay in the path that water will folow, and make fucking sure you don't stay in the path of ground currents. ( that last one is usually the killer, as shown in a video that went viral this week you can stand a few feet from a strike without any consequences, as long as you're not in the path of the ground currents. ( what saved the guy in the video was the floor he was on... ))

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 12:31pm:
I've walked under thunderstorms, with a big pointy thing sticking out of my backpack ( read : an Icepick ), I've rock climbed under thunderstorms ( again with a big pointy thing sticking out of the backpack )... I've taken refuge from a thunderstorm ( because it flooded the tents ) in an old abandonned Eletrical transformer Station that had it's roof partially broken.... and more ...

There's just a few rules to follow : don't stay under trees, don't stay on the ridges, the crests or the summits, don't stay in the path that water will folow, and make fucking sure you don't stay in the path of ground currents. ( that last one is usually the killer, as shown in a video that went viral this week you can stand a few feet from a strike without any consequences, as long as you're not in the path of the ground currents. ( what saved the guy in the video was the floor he was on... ))

I played Little League baseball as a kid.  The parks we played in were almost all surrounded by woods.  One game was called due to weather, and while walking/running out to the parking lot I recall being blinded for a good minute by a close by lightning strike.  Probably the closest I've come to being struck by lightning, but it is a memory that always reminds me of the random nature of life and death.  A car crash, a lightning strike, a fall from 4 feet where you strike your head on the pavement.  Things that most people live through, and many experience in their lives, but some people just die in for no particular reason other than poor luck.

Planning can help, a little.  I had an Uncle who would play a quiz game with me with scenarios where the wrong choice was always "You died in a flash flood" or "You died of exposure" or "You died because you fell down a cliff and broke your leg and no one else had the keys to the car to go for help."  Situations that almost no one ever faces, but also situations that are fairly easy to avoid if you are just aware of the dangers.  How inexpensive is it to have a second set of car keys cut and to hand them to someone else you are hiking with?  $3?  Is saving $3 ever worth your life or that of someone else?

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #52 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 12:01pm:
Is saving $3 ever worth your life or that of someone else?

Yup.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #53 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 12:34pm:
Yup.

Thinking the same thing.  You know all the cool shit you can get for $3?  Maybe don't fall off the cliff with the keys in your pocket, you gimp!

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 2:34pm:
You know all the cool shit you can get for $3?  Maybe don't fall off the cliff with the keys in your pocket, you gimp!

Since you seem to have missed the point, that was the point, you gimp!

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #55 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 3:02pm:
Since you seem to have missed the point, that was the point, you gimp!

stfu, Frank.  Enjoy your redundant keys.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #56 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Frank has been getting more annoying.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #57 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Hmmm..

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #58 - Sep 3rd, 2017 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Dammit, did I miss the gayest threadbumping competition announcement again?!   Undecided

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Here is a new one. Apparently it is even delayed. The player logged out after some time post-tr and when they logged back their inventory had tr script run again but not place it in tr cache.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/489607-Any-Help-please-a-lot-of-my-stu...

coupled with the iconic tr bug that was posted here today, SSG is killin' it!! The game, literally.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #60 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Similar happened to me yesterday after a racial, noticed I had shit in inventory on the beach again. Logged out 3 times with shit moving back and forth on it's own ... 'luckily' only lost 2 augment bags and 1 old greensteel weapon but fuckme, that's twice it's happened now  Undecided

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #61 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 5:20pm:
Similar happened to me yesterday after a racial, noticed I had shit in inventory on the beach again. Logged out 3 times with shit moving back and forth on it's own ... 'luckily' only lost 2 augment bags and 1 old greensteel weapon but fuckme, that's twice it's happened now  Undecided

If you see the game is trying to move shit back and forth, why is logging out in the middle of that a good idea?

That's like powering off your computer while it is running windows update.

Not saying it should happen at all.  But if it does, waiting on the beach for it to finish is the safest choice. 

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #62 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Logged out after 'sitting on beach' for 30 mins when I noticed it had happened ...... that's more than enough time one would think  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #63 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 2:09pm:
Logged out after 'sitting on beach' for 30 mins when I noticed it had happened ...... that's more than enough time one would think  Roll Eyes

Gotcha.  I agree.  30 min is freaking crazy long time to wait.  There is a point where it becomes unreasonable and you have to do something.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #64 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 2:31pm:
Gotcha.  I agree.  30 min is freaking crazy long time to wait.  We're way past the point of reasonable on the TR bugs and SSG should do something about it so they stop coming off as random keyboard-mashing monkeys masquerading as professional developers.

FTFY

Here's how I see the TR bug thing:

Players burned by the TR bug post on the forums.

Devs try to find the bug and fail.  Decide to stall hoping that people will forget and post the usual "we're working on it" bs.

More players post in support of the TR bug victims.

Cordo gets offended, fails at his job, and does the equivalent of "tough shit, kiss our ass" through his lack of communication with the community.

Which is then promptly followed up by the forum paladins eating that shit up with a spoon and talking about how great the shit tastes.

« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2017 at 4:08pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #65 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Ironically, the TR I started this thread about is over and done with(man that was a fast life...) and now I'm on to a new life, and THAT TR(despite taking all the same precautions) got buggered!

Gotta log in tonight and update my ticket. Ragefully.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #66 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Yeah it's getting more and more widespread and personally, I'm not in the mood to go through scares until one day it's all gone. They really just don't give any fucks and I wish there was some way to force their hand

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 2:09pm:

you needed to wait 3 hours, hold down block and mouse lock, click attack every 3 seconds, select a meta feat at lv 1 and toggle it on in between the attack sequences. works like a charm

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #68 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 3:43pm:
Yeah it's getting more and more widespread and personally, I'm not in the mood to go through scares until one day it's all gone. They really just don't give any fucks and I wish there was some way to force their hand

Collective bargaining. The problem is it would require getting enough of the player-base together to make a different.

Good luck even getting anyone to agree on what percentage of players would need to be involved to make that happen.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #69 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 3:41pm:
Ironically

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint