Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Is ToEE gear worth the grind? (Read 7299 times)
Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Re: Is ToEE gear worth the grind?
Reply #25 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 5:27pm:
Who? I want to point and laugh.

Me. Wuz all STOMP STOMP giggle STOMP *meet Zug* Wut? Why iz mah toon on ze floor? I is teh one rofl, not mah too- *ding*

Wat.

Point and laugh all you like. Just don't do it while fighting Zuggy, and you should be okay.

Digimonk wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 7:50pm:
Revaulting wrote on Sep 6th, 2017 at 3:10pm:
Heroic Zuggy can ROFLstomp some handicapped players.

Sure, I guess this might as well include flower-sniffing artificers.

Quote:
Whatever the case, I agree with the general sentiment you express, which is that its difficulty is way out of touch with the rest of the quest, which itself is out of touch with the rest of the level 7 material. IF I remember correctly, I remember Zugg being about as difficult as Yaulthoon is, and he's the boss to a level 15 quest.

Shhhh. Just let this point get lost in the laughter.

Metal-Beast wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 10:08am:
I can't speak to the repeaters

They are okay, but perpetual second to gear that's much easier to get. They can fetch decent prices on the ASAH, though Wink

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #26 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 2:57pm:
I hope so...

I'd like to make some additional Kookie Kutters, another great but over-looked item (Your Druid and Bard will love it)

http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Kookie_Kutter

What level range/ranges do you like it in? I'm definitely going to playa few more bard lives so I'd like some next time they come around. No more druids for me, though; I just can't seem to "get" that class...

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #27 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 3:21pm:
They can fetch decent prices on the ASAH, though

This much I did know.  Wink

noamineo wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 3:37pm:
What level range/ranges do you like it in? I'm definitely going to playa few more bard lives so I'd like some next time they come around. No more druids for me, though; I just can't seem to "get" that class...

I have one for Lvl 10 and 15. I'm looking to make a Lvl 20 since that seems to be a brick wall for gear, depending on the class.

I don't think anybody "gets" Druid... You just learn to make the best of it while grinding for Completionist.

I'm still hoping for a pass on bear-form... Because BIG FUCKING BEAR.

(Where's the intern when you need her?)

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #28 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 7th, 2017 at 3:21pm:
Sure, I guess this might as well include flower-sniffing artificers.

Jokes aside, the Zuggy fight is pretty easy on heroic and epic if you know the mechanics of the various mushrooms and deal with them appropriately.

If you try to ignore the mechanics and just zerg it like we zerged everything else for years with OP'd toons, it will curb stomp  you very quickly.

It's only harder than anything else at that level because it requires you to pay attention and follow the scripted mechanics which is the DDO equivalent of finding a unicorn.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 1:25am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 4:54pm:
Jokes aside, the Zuggy fight is pretty easy on heroic and epic if you know the mechanics of the various mushrooms and deal with them appropriately.

If you try to ignore the mechanics and just zerg it like we zerged everything else for years with OP'd toons, it will curb stomp  you very quickly.

It's only harder than anything else at that level because it requires you to pay attention and follow the scripted mechanics which is the DDO equivalent of finding a unicorn.

Define "easy." I can't see myself, or any group, barring the most elitist DDO addicts, completing TOEE part 2 at level, at least in heroic. Zuggtmoy's difficulty is far beyond anything else at level 7, and from the numbers I've seen her do, I'm still convinced that she's a harder challenge than Yaulthoon, even at level 15. The mechanics surrounding her fight aren't that hard to grasp, but the sheer amount of spawns (many of which have an increased chance of being monster champs), DoT which can't be removed until later in the fight, and prospect of being stunned still make her among the hardest challenges in the heroic game.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #30 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Define "easy." I can't see myself, or any group, barring the most elitist DDO addicts, completing TOEE part 2 at level, at least in heroic. Zuggtmoy's difficulty is far beyond anything else at level 7, and from the numbers I've seen her do, I'm still convinced that she's a harder challenge than Yaulthoon, even at level 15. The mechanics surrounding her fight aren't that hard to grasp, but the sheer amount of spawns (many of which have an increased chance of being monster champs), DoT which can't be removed until later in the fight, and prospect of being stunned still make her among the hardest challenges in the heroic game.

All the stuff you described as making it hard is avoidable with the mushroom mechanics except for the spawns and champs.

It's been a good while since I ran heroic ToEE so I can't say for sure, but I solo the EE version at or close to level while doing TRs and farming for mats every so often.  The fight is only hard if your group sucks at paying attention to the mushrooms.

Back when ToEE was current though, did plenty of Zuggy's during heroic TRs.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #31 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 4:54pm:

DDO = easy, so everything's relative within that range. Zuggy requires forethought and as you say, paying attention. Those two qualities aren't very compatible with ROFLstomp.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 12:16am
Print Post  
The AoE from Zug is unavoidable until at least a little into the fight, meaning that your team is forced to eat a lot of DoT. If I remember correctly, it was at least 6 or 7 ticks of the DoT. That's hundreds of points of unavoidable damage, or at least it was when I last ran the quest. At a level 7 range, that's just silly. Nothing else in the heroic game even comes close until you get into level 15-16 quests or even higher.

The point is that regardless of how familiar one is with how the fight works, stupid game design and bizarre scaling (relative to everything else remotely close to its level range) makes the endfight unreasonably difficult for the level. There's no good argument to be made that the endfight is "easy" by any objective measure.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #33 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Ya idk if its worth the grind.. But me personally.. Im never stepping foot in that shit again..

I hate that fucking place.. too much grind too.. craft some shit thats close enough. Do slavers.. or something else.. fuck that place

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
The grind (at least in heroic) is actually not that bad, assuming of course that you come there in the epic levels. It's actually really chill if you just go in at level 30 and roflstomp everything. Put on some music or a podcast and go to town, and sooner or later you'll have all of your requisite ingredients. Though in fairness, the same could be said of Slavers. Why not both though? ToEE for the twink weapon, Slavers for the twink accessories.

I will agree that it's boring as hell though, but hey, if you bought the pack, you may as well get your money's worth.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #35 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I can't see myself, or any group, barring the most elitist DDO addicts, completing TOEE part 2 at level, at least in heroic.

I solo'd it for elite bravery bonus on release day,...but yes, it was challenging.
« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2017 at 3:08pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #36 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 10:05am:
This much I did know.  Wink

I have one for Lvl 10 and 15. I'm looking to make a Lvl 20 since that seems to be a brick wall for gear, depending on the class.

I don't think anybody "gets" Druid... You just learn to make the best of it while grinding for Completionist.

I'm still hoping for a pass on bear-form... Because BIG FUCKING BEAR.

(Where's the intern when you need her?)

I'm planning to do more bard-lives so I'll want one or two of those! Will have to wait and see on the anniversary event.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint