Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Reaper And Players Who Quit. (Read 10765 times)
Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Re: Reaper And Players Who Quit.
Reply #50 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 3:48pm:
Nobody fucking talks in groups anymore...outside of the left over idiots who insist on using voice chat but don't know how to set their microphones (doesn't help DDO still has like the shittiest mic interface ever), and all they do is bark unneeded orders.

I don't group that often, but the handful of raids I've joined when you've got all that extra time waiting for it to fill, no one talks.  I try and make small talk or joke around...crickets. 

On Gland, there are several Teamspeak and Discord options that people use frequently in lieu of DDOs utter garbage voice chat system.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 4:15pm:
On Gland, there are several Teamspeak and Discord options that people use frequently in lieu of DDOs utter garbage voice chat system.

I tried to get the crew to do this, but one of them is kinda stuck in the 80's and refuses to use technology.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #52 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 3:59pm:
In pugs this is true.  But in guild runs or channel runs there is usually more chatter.  Especially if it is a TR xp train or a R5 Tempest Spine run or something relatively easy.

My guild chat is always active, which is nice.  Refreshing after years of being a member of an all but dead guild (but with the highest level airship and buffs at the time - so that was nice).

Digimonk wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 4:15pm:

Fucking wish someone would figure something like that out.  I all but turned the music and sound effects off but all I can hear is *mumble*mumble*mumble*.  Then they get pissed at you because they don't have a decent microphone.

Those guys can eat a bag of dicks and wash it down with a bigger bag of dicks.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 3:48pm:
Nobody fucking talks in groups anymore...outside of the left over idiots who insist on using voice chat but don't know how to set their microphones (doesn't help DDO still has like the shittiest mic interface ever), and all they do is bark unneeded orders.

I don't group that often, but the handful of raids I've joined when you've got all that extra time waiting for it to fill, no one talks.  I try and make small talk or joke around...crickets. 

Another reason that I got bored with DDO. In the past, people in general were a lot more talkative. Now... barely anyone talks beyond "hi" or "share please" or whatever. Even in the odd event that I do find a group to run with, nobody talks, so the community is good as dead to me. All of my old friends I used to run with have quit and there's not really anyone fun to run with anymore.

The Vault is still pretty entertaining to read though, most of the time.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #54 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 3:43am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 4:20pm:
I tried to get the crew to do this, but one of them is kinda stuck in the 80's and refuses to use technology.

I liked the 90s better...  but ya that hi-tech shit is too hard

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #55 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 6:07pm:
Those guys can eat a bag of dicks and wash it down with a bigger bag of dicks.

Come on man, why else do you think they're mumbling?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint