Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Chances of a named loot pass? (Read 5915 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Chances of a named loot pass?
Reply #25 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 8th, 2017 at 11:41pm:
Updating it wasn't a bad idea or anything, I just don't think it was enough to compete with the powercreep from newer stuff and Cannith Crafting.

Yeah thats kinda my point, I don't think Red Fens shoulda been that high on the list of priorities for an update.

If I'd had my druthers, I'd say take something like the Attack on Stormreach quest chain, unpdate the loot heavily, *AND* lower the MLs substantially. What the game needs is more TR-twink gear, items that are really good for multiple levels but take time and effort to get.

So, take a good solid chain like that, with a quasi-crafting system, and then make the finished items ML 7-8ish. That would have been a good pass.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 8:26am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 12:25am:
FUCK YEAH!!! *FIST PUMP* *FIST PUMP* *FIST PUMP*

Before you get too excited, it's one ladder in one quest; not a universal fix. At least according to the Lama release notes.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #27 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 12:30am:
Yeah thats kinda my point, I don't think Red Fens shoulda been that high on the list of priorities for an update.

If I'd had my druthers, I'd say take something like the Attack on Stormreach quest chain, unpdate the loot heavily, *AND* lower the MLs substantially. What the game needs is more TR-twink gear, items that are really good for multiple levels but take time and effort to get.

So, take a good solid chain like that, with a quasi-crafting system, and then make the finished items ML 7-8ish. That would have been a good pass.

Of all the things that bug me about this game, lack of heroic twink loot isn't one.  I have mules full of twink loot that I don't bother to use because Cannith Crafted template sets for leveling are more than good enough.  On top of that, heroic leveling is so easy even on elite and low skull reaper, I wouldn't bother to take the time searching through the mules to find one or two items anyway since they'll be outleveled in a few hours or maybe a day of missions.

The lower epics (20-24) is about the only place I'd say there is a distinct lack of useful gear for leveling.   Weapon options are ok, but armor and accessory choices are very limited in that range for most classes/builds.  Even with that in mind though, I'd take QoL bug fixes for the "tough" things over that.   How long does anyone really stay in that level range?

Or even better, it would be amazing if they'd take some time to fix or even just rewrite the shared bank code so it works like the shared crafting storage and added some useful filtering options for levels, type, etc. while they're at it. 

It'd be a huge QoL for virtually every player in the game.  Imagine being able to store 500 or even 1000 items in the shared bank without it lagging like mad every time you opened it.  It would free up players' character slots for real toons instead of stupid bank mules.   It would also be a huge win for SSG.  They'd sell TP like mad from players buying it to get some realistic bank capacity.
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2017 at 1:43pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #28 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
NoGoodDoc wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 8:26am:
Before you get too excited, it's one ladder in one quest; not a universal fix. At least according to the Lama release notes.

Yeah.  1 ladder down, 9234234 to go.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Years ago, I'd already resigned myself to the fact that the ladder bug is going to be a permanent "feature" of DDO until the day it shuts down. It's really beyond a bad joke at this point.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #30 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Sep 9th, 2017 at 1:37pm:
Of all the things that bug me about this game, lack of heroic twink loot isn't one.  I have mules full of twink loot that I don't bother to use because Cannith Crafted template sets for leveling are more than good enough.  On top of that, heroic leveling is so easy even on elite and low skull reaper, I wouldn't bother to take the time searching through the mules to find one or two items anyway since they'll be outleveled in a few hours or maybe a day of missions.

The lower epics (20-24) is about the only place I'd say there is a distinct lack of useful gear for leveling.   Weapon options are ok, but armor and accessory choices are very limited in that range for most classes/builds.  Even with that in mind though, I'd take QoL bug fixes for the "tough" things over that.   How long does anyone really stay in that level range?

Or even better, it would be amazing if they'd take some time to fix or even just rewrite the shared bank code so it works like the shared crafting storage and added some useful filtering options for levels, type, etc. while they're at it. 

It'd be a huge QoL for virtually every player in the game.  Imagine being able to store 500 or even 1000 items in the shared bank without it lagging like mad every time you opened it.  It would free up players' character slots for real toons instead of stupid bank mules.   It would also be a huge win for SSG.  They'd sell TP like mad from players buying it to get some realistic bank capacity.

I'd just be happy if they'd change the shared bank to a last-in/first-out model - I hate having to scroll through 7 pages of stuff to get to the item I'm trying to move from my mule to my main.

I agree with you that Cannith stuff is objectively better, and thats a problem: named loot SHOULD be better because we have to do more work for it.

Also, I'd say the gap in epics is more like 20-26 where there are few(good) options. My amazing named loot from those ranges is now heavily outmodded by CC gear and the devs haven't bothered to put effort into any named items lower than lvl 28 since, well, since 25 was the cap.

At 26 though you get Legendary Greensteel and some others, so... yay?

Man, the loot in this game sucks right now.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #31 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:52am
Print Post  
they need to make a monster manual equivalent for named items where you can drop named items you get into a book like a checklist almost, seperated by pack not unlike quests in ddo store. have a one time purchase for the "Item Compendium" which would give you a few pages with f2p named loot storage. each page should be a recognizable screenshot from a part of the chain. so picture a monster manual-esque page with a pic of the top of tempest spine, then scattered about the page are inventory slots with some lore about each named item offered in that chain/quest, for both heroic and epic. then include additional pages with each quest pack- purchase von chain, obtain empty von item compendium page. upon completion of collection of all items per page offer some shitty reward like the monster manuals do- a cosmetic or something. complete von item book and get the cosmetics from the npcs in the chain or xp  or something.

this would create a large amount of new inventory space, as players would be compelled to store their named items in this new feature instead of in their banks. it would give all players a reason to want at least one copy of every named item. it would push sales and play of less desired packs for completionist style players who HAVE to finish the checklist, and those who NEED the cosmetic rewards that are otherwise unavailable. it would enhance the lfg as more players would need more bodies to loot chests more often to pull loot that otherwise would never matter to anyone ever.
it would generate sales and gameplay but only require some basic graphics and a bit of new inventory to be coded. and people would embrace it.

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #32 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:52am:
they need to make a monster manual equivalent for named items where you can drop named items you get into a book like a checklist almost, seperated by pack not unlike quests in ddo store. have a one time purchase for the "Item Compendium" which would give you a few pages with f2p named loot storage. each page should be a recognizable screenshot from a part of the chain. so picture a monster manual-esque page with a pic of the top of tempest spine, then scattered about the page are inventory slots with some lore about each named item offered in that chain/quest, for both heroic and epic. then include additional pages with each quest pack- purchase von chain, obtain empty von item compendium page. upon completion of collection of all items per page offer some shitty reward like the monster manuals do- a cosmetic or something. complete von item book and get the cosmetics from the npcs in the chain or xp  or something.

this would create a large amount of new inventory space, as players would be compelled to store their named items in this new feature instead of in their banks. it would give all players a reason to want at least one copy of every named item. it would push sales and play of less desired packs for completionist style players who HAVE to finish the checklist, and those who NEED the cosmetic rewards that are otherwise unavailable. it would enhance the lfg as more players would need more bodies to loot chests more often to pull loot that otherwise would never matter to anyone ever.
it would generate sales and gameplay but only require some basic graphics and a bit of new inventory to be coded. and people would embrace it.

I would come back for that. Without a doubt.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #33 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 1:14pm
Print Post  

That would be the best update since....

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #34 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
[snip Item Compendium]

Already been suggested by several people long ago... Probably too much work from Turbine SSG point of view for not enough revenue... So they keep churning system changes and new crafting systems...

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/419903-The-Item-Collector

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/400412-Too-Good-an-Idea-to-Let-Die

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/380868-Dear-DDO-Treasure-Manual

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/463487-Weapon-Armor-amp-Item-Compendiu...
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2017 at 1:37pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #35 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 1:14pm:

That one update that one time, you know the one. It happened. I'm sure of it.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #36 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 1:14pm:

...the monster manual giving rems as a reward? 

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint