Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DDO lawsuit (Read 21734 times)
Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Re: DDO lawsuit
Reply #25 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
That shit was the one who got me banned for saying in a private channel "Run, nigga run" during MaBan, since a mate was in harbor and gates were about to close. Now he pulls this crap? Figures...

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #26 - Sep 11th, 2017 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 8:41pm:
You are assuming he has anything to get.  Chances are he is judgement proof.  Meaning he has a negative net worth.  (He was applying for an internship job.  That suggests a college student.  Probably with student loan debt)  All you can do is spend your money to force him into bankruptcy court.  Which, while emotionally satisfying, is a reduction in your net income and shareholder value. 

All true.  This dude's problem is that if he goes forward with this, he'll never work in gaming again.  Hope the 5 grand's worth it, because it's a career-destroying move.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #27 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 12:55am
Print Post  
This d'bag ain't mah nigga fo sho.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 1:27am
Print Post  
Reyes. wrote on Sep 11th, 2017 at 9:17pm:
That shit was the one who got me banned for saying in a private channel "Run, nigga run" during MaBan, since a mate was in harbor and gates were about to close. Now he pulls this crap? Figures...

This whole situation reeks to me of the whole victim mentality thing which has unfortunately pervaded in certain aspects of our culture as of late.

Most, normal people rightfully agree that being victimized is a bad thing, and that if there's any way to pull yourself up by the bootstraps, then you should do so; thus, the feeling of being "offended" or "hurt" about what someone says can easily be remedied simply by (gasp) ignoring whoever's calling you names. Novel idea, yet an empowering one nonetheless.

But there's a certain segment of the population who sees being victimized as a good thing--a sort of commodity worth seeking and relishing in. These are the people who seek ways to become victims and make everyone else's lives miserable while doing so. I used to live in a city once where there was a handicapped guy who went around suing every local eatery which did not have a ramp or other form of handicap access. Instead of finding ways around his condition, or politely trying to raise awareness for his condition, he preferred to make life a living hell for dozens of well-meaning small business owners. That's the kind of ilk we're dealing with, it seems. Rather than simply block whoever's giving him problems, or ignoring them, he's... apparently trying to sue people for calling him names on the internet. I'm sure this is all going to go over well for everyone.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #29 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Instead of finding ways around his condition

Motherfuckers refuse to grow legs back. I swear, it's almost as if they do it to spite me.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Quote:
But there's a certain segment of the population who sees being victimized as a good thing--a sort of commodity worth seeking and relishing in.

Oppression Olympics, 2018

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 1:34am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 12th, 2017 at 3:06pm:
Motherfuckers refuse to grow legs back. I swear, it's almost as if they do it to spite me.

I guess you could be a sarcastic asshole, or you could try to understand the general sentiment of what I'm saying.

But assuming you're actually too dense to understand what I meant, I'll spell it out for you. No, it's not possible to grow your limbs back, a la starfish... obviously. But it IS possible to go to other restaurants which do have handicap access, it's also possible to make friends who empathize with you and help you out with your meals, and it's also possible to raise awareness for handicapped or disabled people. Yes, we get it--life sucks, and for some people, it sucks more than it does for others. I get that. But you don't have to go around being an entitled asshole and ruining other people's lives because of it.

WeHaveLived wrote on Sep 12th, 2017 at 10:39pm:
Oppression Olympics, 2018

Pretty much. I like to joke around that, in the current political climate, if we could find a half-Black, quarter-Hispanic, quarter-Native American, Muslim, Paraplegic, Transgendered, Lesbian woman, then we'd find the ultimate arbiter of truth. This hypothetical individual would basically have the maximal amount of "oppression points" and therefore would be more infallible than the pope!  Grin

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #32 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 2:08am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #33 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 2:30am
Print Post  
Quote:
But assuming you're actually too dense to understand what I meant

Rev's smarter than the rest of us put together.  Plus he has no legs, so it's not sarcasm, it's irony.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #34 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:33am
Print Post  
i need the basic gestalt

is this basically what im understanding?
-dude goes into random private discord chat
-someone says nigger
-someone sees this text and immediately feels entitled to money from everyone on the internet
-contacts lawyer
-lawyer says get me chat logs
-empowered user seeks out chat logs
-no one gives a fuck about text on the internet except him therefore no one has logs
-his inability to find anyone to help him achieve social justice pushes him into conspiracy mode
-all ddo players and developers are now collaborating in a massive racial scandal to prevent him from getting free money for reading the word nigger on the internet

liberals are so spicy in their unending mission to eliminate all wrong think and illegal opinions

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #35 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 11:11am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 10:33am:
i need the basic gestalt

-someone says nigger
-someone sees this text and immediately feels entitled to money from everyone on the internet
-contacts lawyer
-lawyer says get me chat logs
-empowered user seeks out chat logs
-no one gives a fuck about text on the internet except him therefore no one has logs
-his inability to find anyone to help him achieve social justice pushes him into conspiracy mode
-all ddo players and developers are now collaborating in a massive racial scandal to prevent him from getting free money for reading the word nigger on the internet

liberals are so spicy in their unending mission to eliminate all wrong think and illegal opinions

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1500834413/0

https://imgur.com/fHZq6NT

https://pastebin.com/raw/g12YJxwS

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/488409-A-little-story-about-myself?p=5...

Here is your reading list.  Smiley  That's the background.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #36 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:
But you don't have to go around being an entitled asshole and ruining other people's lives because of it.

You're on a weird road. This dude you're complaining about wouldn't have to sue if he were entitled. The ramps would already be there, and he would treat them as his unearned right. Kind of like the way you and I treat being able to climb stairs. Or people who play other video games treat ladders.

I'm sorry it annoys you to have a government. Maybe you should take your business to other governments, or make friends who empathize with you.

Ah Pook wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 2:30am:
Rev's smarter than the rest of us put together.  Plus he has moar tentacles, so it's not sarcasm, it's irony.

The rest of y'all put together ... is Grand.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #37 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 12:19pm:
The rest of y'all put together ... is Grand.

QED

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #38 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
-someone says filthy mongrel

FTFY.  That's why it's funny.  If somebody said "nigger" somewhere, I'd get it, and he'd probably have a bunch more people on his side.  But that's not much of an insult even *out* of context, and on a DDO chat?  It's like calling somebody tizzen or bumpkin.

liberals

Fuck off, Nazi.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Tangelina
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
This lawsuit is exciting, hopefully it will be a new episode of Judge Judy!

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 1:45am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 12:19pm:
You're on a weird road. This dude you're complaining about wouldn't have to sue if he were entitled. The ramps would already be there, and he would treat them as his unearned right. Kind of like the way you and I treat being able to climb stairs. Or people who play other video games treat ladders.

You're either an idiot, or a leftist, or both. The basic point which obviously went over your head is that only entitled assholes are going to sue over every trivial thing. You don't need a government regulation to enforce basic human decency; all you need with most reasonable people is just basic human decency in return. The guy in question made millions in lawsuits; if it were a matter of basic human rights and he were a decent person, he'd have just asked them to empathize with his situation and find some way to accommodate him, rather than making life painful for dozens of small business owners.

Ah Pook wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 2:30am:
Rev's smarter than the rest of us put together

Vault is such a circle jerk sometimes. My mistake for mentioning anything remotely political, since I already know that the politics/religion board of this site is a clusterfuck.

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #41 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 8:54am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 11:11am:

I forgot we already had to read 3 pages of this, I can't believe it was 2 months ago.  Where is Quis?  This post seems oddly quiet without him.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #42 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Quote:
Vault is such a circle jerk sometimes. My mistake for mentioning anything remotely political, since I already know that the politics/religion board of this site is a clusterfuck.

Yeah, total Communist conspiracy around here.   Roll Eyes  The ADA is a Zionist leftwing cabal designed to drain the wallet of ordinary, hardworking bluecollar Americans such as yourself.  Maybe go back to Stormfront and jerking off over pics of Ann Coulter's adam's apple.

so srs

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 11:12am:
Yeah, total Communist conspiracy around here.   Roll Eyes  The ADA is a Zionist leftwing cabal designed to drain the wallet of ordinary, hardworking bluecollar Americans such as yourself.  Maybe go back to Stormfront and jerking off over pics of Ann Coulter's adam's apple.

so srs

Godamnit Pook... tryin ta fuckin eat here!!

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #44 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You're either an idiot, or a leftist, or both. The basic point which obviously went over your head is that only entitled assholes are going to sue over every trivial thing. You don't need a government regulation to enforce basic human decency; all you need with most reasonable people is just basic human decency in return. The guy in question made millions in lawsuits; if it were a matter of basic human rights and he were a decent person, he'd have just asked them to empathize with his situation and find some way to accommodate him, rather than making life painful for dozens of small business owners.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #45 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Vault is such a circle jerk sometimes.

Yeah, it's weird that people who have spent years cultivating repartee with each other might be able to communicate better with each other than with a new person.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #46 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Okay, you don't like it when people use the law in a way that's (in your opinion), malicious. I can get behind that. The one question I have, then, is how do you know he didn't ask?

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #47 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
He wasnt called a nigger.. apparently mongrel means nigger x1000000000 in some peoples heads..

Im not looking up.. but im pretty sure that those words are even related..

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #48 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Sep 14th, 2017 at 11:32pm:
He wasnt called a nigger.. apparently mongrel means nigger x1000000000 in some peoples heads..

Im not looking up.. but im pretty sure that those words are even related..

Mongrel means "mixed" in terms of breeding.

Taimasan [sp?] apparently disclosed he was of mixed racial heritage. When Lynnabel called him a mongrel I'm guessing he felt she was disparaging that mixed heritage. It is not clear to me, however, that Lynnabel actually knew of his mixed-race nature.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #49 - Sep 15th, 2017 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Sep 15th, 2017 at 2:25pm:
Mongrel means "mixed" in terms of breeding.

Taimasan [sp?] apparently disclosed he was of mixed racial heritage. When Lynnabel called him a mongrel I'm guessing he felt she was disparaging that mixed heritage. It is not clear to me, however, that Lynnabel actually knew of his mixed-race nature.

None of the logs/screen shots shown have ever documented that he revealed his mixed race heritage prior to being called a mongrel.  I'm sure if he had proof he would have shared it by now.  He has shared everything else.  He is missing this crucial evidence.

He has also shown past communications where he clearly identified as "black".  Not "mixed" or "mixed race black".  Just "black".  It seems his self identification is fluid based on what suits his victimization needs.  That doesn't bode well for a lawsuit.  A lawyer will tear him apart in a deposition for his discrepancies in self identification. 
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2017 at 5:59pm by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint