Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) SSG has one positive review on the BBB (Read 11374 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: SSG has one positive review on the BBB
Reply #50 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Feel like thats not hurting them enough, though. I want somebody at SSG to at least experience a mild case of heartburn.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #51 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 1:58pm:
mild case of heartburn.

Well I guess you better order them some triple pepperoni pizzas then.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #52 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 1:58pm:
Feel like thats not hurting them enough, though. I want somebody at SSG to at least experience a mild case of heartburn.

It wouldn't be particularly satisfying, I know, but it would be the most effective.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #53 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Dr. Kevorkian put more effort into customer-retention than SSG does.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #54 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Sep 21st, 2017 at 12:41pm:
Even bad publicity is good publicity.

Better to not say anything at all.

I think you're assuming some lines wouldn't be crossed. In that case you are right. Such things are better off unsaid.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #55 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
I dunno, feel like bad publicity is pretty bad, when said publicity is namely trashing a really important part of your business.

For every dolt on the motherboards saying "Well when I needed customer service, I got it!" there are 10 more complaining about closed no response tickets and outright criminal treatment by GMs. That's definitely going to chase away new players.

CS is one of those really vital and under-appreciated things: when you don't need it you don't care, when you need it and don't get it you walk away fucking furious and tell everyone who will listen.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #56 - Sep 25th, 2017 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
For every dolt on the motherboards saying "Well when I needed customer service, I got it!" there are 10 more complaining about closed no response tickets and outright criminal treatment by GMs. That's definitely going to chase away new players.

It's interesting *which* people are complaining too - there's some serious, solid oldtimers in that mix, who have been on SSG/Turbine's side for years.  There's been a visible mood shift it seems since the company split.

CS is one of those really vital and under-appreciated things: when you don't need it you don't care, when you need it and don't get it you walk away fucking furious and tell everyone who will listen.

Totally agreed.  And most people who get good service won't even post at all.  I had a good experience lately, but signing in to that craptacular forum, dancing through all those hoops, etc., just to post some puff piece... I'm just not fueled the same way as when shit went Terribly Wrong.   Grin

It almost feels like they're just saying internally "ok, let's focus on making this expansion fucking awesome - we'll get some cash, everybody will love it, and we'll have a little breathing room."  Problem is, they don't have the time.  We're still at least a month out, and this has been going on for way too long.  When you see submissions in the forums from guys with one or two posts, comprised of "I bought MOTU and the key doesn't work," and there zero official response... if I were new, that would send me running in the other direction.  Old games should be *more* stable, not less.  And if they're not stable, CS better be.  Just make a one-off key, or flip the bit on his account, or do something.  You can't have people waiting six weeks for a response.  That's suicide.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #57 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 12:35am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 8:34pm:
It almost feels like they're just saying internally "ok, let's focus on making this expansion fucking awesome - we'll get some cash, everybody will love it, and we'll have a little breathing room."  Problem is, they don't have the time.  We're still at least a month out, and this has been going on for way too long.  When you see submissions in the forums from guys with one or two posts, comprised of "I bought MOTU and the key doesn't work," and there zero official response... if I were new, that would send me running in the other direction.  Old games should be *more* stable, not less.  And if they're not stable, CS better be.  Just make a one-off key, or flip the bit on his account, or do something.  You can't have people waiting six weeks for a response.  That's suicide.

They are DEFINITELY shooting their own leg off with these poor responses.

The problem is - and I am guilty of this too - even WITH this shitty problem tons of people WILL pre-order the expansion to get all the shiny "only if you pre-ordered this!" tchotchkes. I know I will. And the key probably won't work. And it'll take CS a year and a half to fix it.

But yeah, the math works out to something like people are 17 times more likely to complain about a bad experience than to comment about a good one, so you better fucking make sure people don't have bad experiences.

And SSG fails hard.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #58 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 1:30pm
Print Post  

WTF are you even saying?

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 1:41pm:
Just like he/she knows that preorders are retarded, SSG sucks and will likely fuck the release up. Yet gonna preorder anyway.

bit worrisome that september is over and there are not even any details on what is coming in ravenloft. only thing we can expect is that the update will invalidate 76% of your current gear set and sentient weapons will have to be the new mortal fear if they plan on making people stay at cap to grind their weapon xp(lol moar grinds pls!! yesss).

the quests will be shitty, rehashed copy pastes of old quests you did 1,438 times already. welcome to ddo, enjoy your stay.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 1:46pm:
bit worrisome that september is over and there are not even any details on what is coming in ravenloft. only thing we can expect is that the update will invalidate 76% of your current gear set and sentient weapons will have to be the new mortal fear if they plan on making people stay at cap to grind their weapon xp(lol moar grinds pls!! yesss).

the quests will be shitty, rehashed copy pastes of old quests you did 1,438 times already. welcome to ddo, enjoy your stay.

Please, please, PLEASE make the quests be more caves with kobolds!!!

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #61 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 1:49pm:
Please, please, PLEASE make the quests be more caves with kobolds!!!

This. Plus mirrors. And reapers that spawn reapers.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #62 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 1:54pm:
And reapers that spawn reapers.

Ooh, I like that idea.  11 skulls.  Every time you kill a set of one of each, it spawns an Übereaper, with the combined attributes of all four.  Make it immune to charmcheese, and 10% chance to drop something sexy.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #63 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 1:46pm:

Fucking hell Ruby. I deleted the post - everytime I write something it's jaded as fuck lol. Oh well. Who cares.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #64 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 2:07pm:
Fucking hell Ruby. I deleted the post - everytime I write something it's jaded as fuck lol. Oh well. Who cares.

Aww, that's the whole point of this forum.  We feast on bitter tears.  Even our own.

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 2:07pm:
everytime I write something it's jaded as fuck

It's the game. just wears you down after a while. jaded posts are the only thing i can manage to spit out when anything ddo related comes to mind.

just today I had a breakdown while doing heroic racial reaper grind due to having a stupid purple drow face character, a lack of a quiver on that alt, and the final straw was the 30 seconds of feather fall duration from a scroll. thirty fucking seconds. why? who would design such a thing if not for intentional subliminal psychological warfare on your player base? many of the low level scrolls are 3 to 5 minutes, but someone decided that more than half a minute of feather fall is completely unbalanced.
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2017 at 2:30pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #66 - Sep 26th, 2017 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 26th, 2017 at 2:29pm:
thirty fucking seconds. why? who would design such a thing

Grin

I wish they'd unite the servers just so I could run with you clowns and laugh at that shit.  Always happens to me in GoP - "...ok, well, I'm gonna solo thi-"  *DING*  "rez plz"

Or private servers.  Banned alts welcome!

(Party:): [To Party] They should unify the pits.
(Party:): [Party] Jigster: They should unify your ass cheeks

Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Sep 28th, 2017 at 5:42am
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Sep 19th, 2017 at 6:10pm:
I also dont want to bust out like $300 or more at once to buy all the packs/classes/races/mm/shared bank/character slots and whatever else there is that im missing.

I own almost 0 content.. only the expansions and whatever was part of the black fri sales.. If i could buy stuff as it goes on sale while im vip, id have much more. But they trapped me. Plus I need dat 10%

That trap should be illegal.  Selling people a subscription for access to content that also just happens to make it so you can't buy any content so you can drop your subscription is a mafia level scam right there.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint