Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Knife Fighter Animation and Alacrity (Read 9377 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: Knife Fighter Animation and Alacrity
Reply #25 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 4:28pm:
I went 12/6/2, traded 10 rp from 14/6 for 2 feats and a haste boost. though am regretting not going 14/6 now to max the dps.

yeah haste boost sadly does very little for a shuri with all the other speed boosts going (hard cap or just diminishing returns no one knows for sure)

Two feats could be good defensively but really what two feats can you pick up that are better than 10% doubleshot during 10k? for maks deeps I can't really think of any

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 8:33pm:
yeah haste boost sadly does very little for a shuri with all the other speed boosts going (hard cap or just diminishing returns no one knows for sure)

Two feats could be good defensively but really what two feats can you pick up that are better than 10% doubleshot during 10k? for maks deeps I can't really think of any

pretty much.... tho the feats and haste boost are pretty good levels 20-26 or until blinding speed kicks in, then it's shitty.
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2017 at 9:16pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #27 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 2:23am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 8:25pm:
also turns out you might be the clueless one

Nope.  You're still missing the point.   Here's a clue:  it's not about being right or wrong about the haste stacking.
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2017 at 2:24am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #28 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 9:16pm:
blinding speed

Waste of a feat, unless that's what is breaking the cap.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:56am:
Waste of a feat, unless that's what is breaking the cap.

Is it? What are you using for alacrity?

Echoes isn't doing anything, my prior times with it on the last 2 lamas were either botched rotations, missing a buff, or lama lag causing me to think Echoes was. I ran a 10 set run with echoes on and 10 with it off. 26-24 seconds per kill with or without. It seems to checkout with Jake's speed tests.

Knife fighter melee builds could be very good for swf, assassins, and twf builds. Throwing seems terrible and would probably even have to be supplemented with a manyshot after the knife burst is over. They are never going to build more ranged burst attacks and no one will ever get anything remotely resembling advance ninja training for other weapons. They have to make crit range and multipliers bigger. The tier 5 should have been a burst of unique bonus +3/+3 for throwing knives.

They should not make a throwing knife version of esos because that limits the build, instead it should be done in the knife tree. But they're probably going to do it on a sentient throwing knife that is 14-20 x5.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #30 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
I never understood the blinding speed as a waste of a feat argument. It's the highest stacking source of haste, it's permanent, non-dispellable, and allows one not to slot speed somewhere else which by end game is a big thing.

on top of that, there isn't really anything offensively that compares for the feat slot that you don't already have.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #31 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 3:04pm:
Is it? What are you using for alacrity?

It is equal to a haste spell/pot/clicky. Granted that I don't know your feat layout, but if you're specifically trying to minimize the kobold time, there should be something you can take that isn't redundant with no cost buffs like Blinding Speed.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #32 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
I am not an authority on the latest tests but previously when I cared about these things blinding speed was in fact typed to be 22% and other forms of haste were only 15% to attack speed. For a capped thrower that was only like 2% difference, but it was measureable.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #33 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 6:07pm:
I am not an authority on the latest tests but previously when I cared about these things blinding speed was in fact typed to be 22% and other forms of haste were only 15% to attack speed. For a capped thrower that was only like 2% difference, but it was measureable.

That is my recollection as well.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #34 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 10:39am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 6:07pm:

We've been over this multiple times.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/467220-Level-27-perma-haste?p=5717733&...
Quote:
I'm to lazy to find a several years old dev quote, but haste was 22% ranged alacrity since introduced for the exact reason mikardo mentioned above (because the way alacrity actually works 22% makes ranged fire 15% faster, so it does what the description says "You attack 15% faster").
Haste changed in U19 to 15% ranged alacrity, while blinding speed, which was also introduced in U19, was 22% from the start, like the "old" haste.

If you ask me they simply messed up some code while introducing the "speed" affix (which was also U19).

Since U28 haste is back to 22% ranged alacrity, so we're back to how it used to be.

harharharhar wrote on Mar 23rd, 2016 at 1:05pm:
Yeah I was really trying to figure out how to open up a feat slot for more Deeps

Relying on haste is a pain, just like scrolling tensers but it's doable.

5 Foot Step wrote on Jul 4th, 2016 at 12:04pm:
Life is pain, Buttercup.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #35 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
well if it's still working that way great. the convenience factor still wins imo for haste.

I tried to make it work but I didn't have the mats to make a million long clickies of it from Shroud, and I also already had so many damn things to click and/or macro, uptime ended up being low.

If they are the same speed then do whatever you want with that feat slot, the punishingly small amount of dps increase you can get with it might be valuable on a kobold test, but in general it's a total wash and convenience wins out.
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2017 at 11:49pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint