Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Knife Fighter Animation and Alacrity (Read 9382 times)
WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Knife Fighter Animation and Alacrity
Oct 7th, 2017 at 10:09am
Print Post  
I didn't get on Lamma. Have any of my homies DPS tested it compared to a standard Rogue TWF?
Animations are wEIrD?D. Hopefully its not a Starmie tattooed on my asshole.
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2017 at 10:11am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

SweetKitten
Waterworks Kobold

Meeow

Re: Knife Fighter Animation and Alacrity
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Tried to test it, broken (aka buggy) as hell, disables most other enhancements.
This shit was never even alpha-tested, so wait for the next update or for the final version.  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 11:04am
Print Post  
SweetKitten wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 10:54am:
disables most other enhancements.

How so?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 11:38am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 10:09am:
I didn't get on Lamma. Have any of my homies DPS tested it compared to a standard Rogue TWF?
Animations are wEIrD?D. Hopefully its not a Starmie tattooed on my asshole.

I did not even bother testing it. Was too busy kicking it with shavara and telling her that halfling would get a better time on her thrower over elf. And that 10dr/6mk/4rr beats eth's 12mnk in a dps test easily. She(he? idk) was getting 20-19 seconds consistently, with or without fatesinger twist. Though on my shitty character the twist was equal to haste boost when compared to haste boost and no twist, twist and haste boost, and twist and without haste boost. All on just auto attack for simplicity. Dunno why it didnt increase shavara's times slightly, very odd, but it continued to increase my times when paired with m/r power boost. IDK if she might have had gilvenor's set on, maybe?
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2017 at 11:39am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

SweetKitten
Waterworks Kobold

Meeow

Reply #4 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Made a dex based twf ranger, took dex to damage from tempest and the new fighting style, equipped two daggers and got my ass kicked - no dex damage, default strenght.
Ok, add some rogue levels, take the dex to damage assassin enhancement - same shit.
Keep calm, test whirlwind attack - ugh, slower as hell combined with no damage at all.
End of alphatest.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
Vistani melee animation

Haven't found a video with the thrower animation yet.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #6 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 11:38am:
I did not even bother testing it. Was too busy kicking it with shavara and telling her that halfling would get a better time on her thrower over elf. And that 10dr/6mk/4rr beats eth's 12mnk in a dps test easily. She(he? idk) was getting 20-19 seconds consistently, with or without fatesinger twist. Though on my shitty character the twist was equal to haste boost when compared to haste boost and no twist, twist and haste boost, and twist and without haste boost. All on just auto attack for simplicity. Dunno why it didnt increase shavara's times slightly, very odd, but it continued to increase my times when paired with m/r power boost. IDK if she might have had gilvenor's set on, maybe?

so odd that you're finding Echoes Shiradi to boost speed. In all my testing I never saw this. Wonder what other stealth changes they make under the hood without ever saying anything.

If it does boost speed, and the other vistani stuff stacks, maybe just maybe there's a bard thrower with knives out there that could work.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #7 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Also I can't seem to find anywhere listing the bonus type of Lethality +1 crit multi, but I seem to remember it being insight? Also, does Knife specialization from Assassin still work with throwing knives?
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2017 at 8:10pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 7:57pm:
so odd that

I can't explain it, and I don't know why shavara had no differences when using it. All 3 configurations of twist+haste, twist w/o haste, and haste w/o twist came in at around 140 seconds using auto attack. When I used rotations, unbridled, adrenaline, boosts w/o twist my times were low 50s to mid 40s. yet when using twist and proper method I was getting 30-27. That is too huge of a gap to not have something amiss.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #9 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 8:32pm:
I can't explain it, and I don't know why shavara had no differences when using it. All 3 configurations of twist+haste, twist w/o haste, and haste w/o twist came in at around 140 seconds using auto attack. When I used rotations, unbridled, adrenaline, boosts w/o twist my times were low 50s to mid 40s. yet when using twist and proper method I was getting 30-27. That is too huge of a gap to not have something amiss.

yeah but those times are so low that streaks could make it look like something it's not. How many times did you test times with and without?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 9:03pm:
How many times did you test times with and without?

Around 10x without, 20x with. It's not streaks. With twist I could consistently place in 30 or few seconds under. 20-30 second difference could not be high rolls, and if they were I would not be able to nail down that time at will.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #11 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 12:42am
Print Post  
fair enough.

but unless you can get someone else I to replicate I'd stay a little skeptical about it

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #12 - Oct 8th, 2017 at 9:47pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #13 - Oct 10th, 2017 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Trollero wrote on Oct 8th, 2017 at 9:47pm:

Thanks for putting that on the mobos Sobsob. 

As if they haven't already nerfed shuris enough, now, sooner or later, someone will whinge to the devs about shuris and haste features, whether it's true or not.  If this was working for some reason, they'll stop that right quick.

Fight club rules guys.   Keep that shit in PMs.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 5:47am
Print Post  
Don't worry, they will nerf something on shuri builds again and somehow find another new way to buff mechs at the same time.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #15 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 11:24pm:
Thanks for putting that on the mobos Sobsob. 

As if they haven't already nerfed shuris enough, now, sooner or later, someone will whinge to the devs about shuris and haste features, whether it's true or not.  If this was working for some reason, they'll stop that right quick.

Fight club rules guys.   Keep that shit in PMs.

W the Actual F are you talking about.

I've had these speed test results on the Mobos for like EVER.

Also, I only wrote that Echoes might actually be working, I never suggested to anyone that it is in any way overperforming, let alone even normal performing.

Fuck off.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #16 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 5:47am:
Don't worry, they will nerf something on shuri builds again and somehow find another new way to buff mechs at the same time. 

This.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #17 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 9:03pm:
W the Actual F are you talking about.

I've had these speed test results on the Mobos for like EVER.

Also, I only wrote that Echoes might actually be working, I never suggested to anyone that it is in any way overperforming, let alone even normal performing.

Fuck off.

Are you really that clueless?
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2017 at 9:57pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #18 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:58am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 9:56pm:

bitch I might be

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #19 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
I tried out Nubbinns's theory and couldn't get anything out of it. Hard speed cap is still in effect as far as I can tell. If he is breaking it, it must be echoes interacting with something.

Anyway, I tried testing Rogue Assassin head to head with and without Vistani and was thwarted by Knife Specialization being completely broken and functionless in all circumstances on Lam.

20 rogue assassin Vistani looked good in a vacuum, but it was not obviously more or less than the same build without it.
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:47pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #20 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:45pm:
I tried out Nubbinns's theory and couldn't get anything out of it. Hard speed cap is still in effect as far as I can tell. If he is breaking it, it must be echoes interacting with something.

Anyway, I tried testing Rogue Assassin head to head with and without Vistani and was thwarted by Knife Specialization being completely broken and functionless in all circumstances on Lam.

20 rogue assassin Vistani looked good in a vacuum, but it was not obviously more or less than the same build without it.

My assumption, and I mean ZERO disrespect to rubbins, was that maybe he missed a source of speed that is same typed with Echoes, and so it looked like a speed up but in reality at end game all geared and built up it wouldn't have happened the same.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 3:00pm:
My assumption, and I mean ZERO disrespect to rubbins, was that maybe he missed a source of speed that is same typed with Echoes, and so it looked like a speed up but in reality at end game all geared and built up it wouldn't have happened the same.

probably. seems likely. I have a decent gear set up on lam right now that should put me at 75% of optimal end game dps(dont have toee set and dont have high mythic/reaper rolls, putting me behind like 40~ rp when 10k'ing compared to a 14/6). Which is a shit ton of RP, but also factoring in I'm down 6 doubleshot lives, 3 enchant weapon lives, 3 monk lives, and 2 rogue lives, completionist, racial completionist, max twist slots, at least 10 dex/int/wis lower than maxed toons.

All that combined on halfling should shatter 20 seconds. I mean, I can reach 27 seconds last lama and that was despite missing that long ass list of shit I just posted.

Will test a bunch with twist running on and off. Not planning on rolling too many other builds like last time so can spend more time doing boring dps tests over and over. I should be coming in at 24~ seconds now, so if factoring all the missing things above I estimate average times of 15 or less on maxed toon with BiS gear.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #22 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
that's nutto

what split?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 4:21pm:
that's nutto

what split?

I went 12/6/2, traded 10 rp from 14/6 for 2 feats and a haste boost. though am regretting not going 14/6 now to max the dps.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #24 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 9:56pm:

also turns out you might be the clueless one

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2