Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Any news on expansion? (Read 10807 times)
somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Any news on expansion?
Reply #50 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Friendship wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 9:31am:
I was wondering the same thing. I refuse to pay real money for the expansion, or to give the Russians my CC info through their portal. Not that the Russians don't have it from Equifax or a host of other sources, but still....

Plenty of content to play, and by time I finish my Racials, everyone will have farmed Ravenloft for what they care about and there'll be no run to run with (See shadow phlogistans).

Yeah I'm kind of done with spending money on the game as well. Just on principle since the changes and new content have been so meh.

IIRC i came back from my break around the time DOJ came out. And they had both expansions available for points and I got one of them with points. Then before I scrounged up enough points to get the other one  they stopped being available for points and I got the other one for a couple bucks during a 85% off sale around the holidays.

And since then I don't think either has been available for points at all and you could only get them in that DDO market thing (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't really been checking to see if it is in the point store since I already have it)

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #51 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:44am:
Motherfuckers need to make the new raids heroic and epic .... peeps still dig VON and TS at 10-12, ffs make more raids multi level and give us something to do while grinding racials and shit

The reason people like doing them is that they're also good exp.  With their new and improved "SUPER PLUS DOUBLE GOOD XP CALCULATOR!" any new raid at level would be shit.

To put it in perspective if they remade VoN5 using modern numbers the mobs in there would have 2k hp at level 10 and the quest would give like, 11k xp.

Can you imagine a level 10 RSO?  The dragon would have like 400k hp.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #52 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 11:25am
Print Post  
to give the Russians my CC info through their portal. Not that the Russians don't have it from Equifax or a host of other sources, but still....

oh dear, somebody need to learn The Internet.

Fact : the DDO Store uses IP addresses that reports being in Russia.

Fact : the ICANN the organization responsible for IP Address distribution assigned addresses to geographical regions batch lot. ( read : /8 or /16 networks ) and then delegated the task to regional organization to split it further.

Fact : you can buy a public IP address from any point of the world that geographically belong to any other point of the world.

Fact : there's NO FUCKING IP ADDRESS LEFT FOR NORTH AMERICA in their allocated networks. ( and it has been that way for almost 5 years now, IIRC 4 years ago a puny /29 was all that was left. [ that's 6 IPs for the ignorants ] )

Corrolary : if an American company needs more IP addresses it needs to buy them from somewhere else in the world.... Russia, Africa, Tobago, Tuvalu, China,
They can't really buy them from Europe, Japan, Oz and a few other places, because said places are also facing the rarity of the IP issue, even if they haven't completely depleted what they had.

it's really really time we all go to IPv6. ( and it's going to be fun as the addresses are not easy to understand and can't be completely tied to a location on the planet. )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Zehnpai wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 11:12am:
Can you imagine a level 10 RSO?  The dragon would have like 400k hp.

It has like 7m on elite. So, prolly around 2m at lv 10. And the reason people do von and spine is because the xp and the lack of quests at 10. You people are funny, you don't need more things to do while tring. 97.6% of the game is based off of heroic tring, the other 2.4 is epic and iconic tring.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #54 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Related to Flav's post - the DDO Market is run through Games on the River, a subsidiary of Digital River, one of the world's largest and most secure digital content delivery systems.

If SSG can screw THAT up, well, it just displays new levels of dipshittery.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #55 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
The whining about "we need more stuff to do in heroics" is a joke. 

The "we like TRing and/or we like running 1-20" crowd has been getting features that cater to them for the last 12 months.  More people in heroics in the last 9 months than in the prior 3-4 years.   

Yet, the first update in over a year with the hint of content or systems that are exclusive to at-cap (sentient weapons and two raids) and they still scream bloody murder. 

At-Cap is dying on the vine.  Settle down heroic crowd.  You are still getting 10+ new level 10 quests and shit ton of loot and a race, an Iconic, and a universal tree to play with.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
There's too much heroic content, but only a fraction of it is run because of optimal time vs. XP gain.  The game needs more reasons to run undersubscribed heroic content by implementing hotzones.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #57 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Plenty of content to play, and by time I finish my Racials, everyone will have farmed Ravenloft for what they care about and there'll be no run to run with (See shadow phlogistans).

Yup.. i feel ya.. i missed out on making a L.shroud set because i was doing iconics on an alt. Like i said before i havent seen a group for it in over a month and before that they ones i joined failed.. There isnt too many decent players in epic atm.. including myself.. im running gimp ass past life toons with crafted lvl 15 gear..

If you dont stop what youre doing and run those raids right away... youre fucked if you want to do them later.. so ya youll be doing racials and after 2 to 3 months tops.. those raids will be really hard to find a group for.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #58 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Oh and.. we need more stuffz to do in heroic while tring... Because thats all there is to do. Not enough people doing shit else.. so.. you kinda gotta do what others are doing or be the guy looking at the who list and seeing only 3 lvl 30s on and wonder why nobody is doing raid/reaper epic shit. Well other than the same 3 guys running slavers together every fucking day.. that shit is cracking.. almost as cool as doing the same 10 quest over and over while doing epic xp.. "en dailies ftw"..

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #59 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:35pm:
The whining about "we need more stuff to do in heroics" is a joke. 

The "we like TRing and/or we like running 1-20" crowd has been getting features that cater to them for the last 12 months.  More people in heroics in the last 9 months than in the prior 3-4 years.   

Yet, the first update in over a year with the hint of content or systems that are exclusive to at-cap (sentient weapons and two raids) and they still scream bloody murder. 

At-Cap is dying on the vine.  Settle down heroic crowd.  You are still getting 10+ new level 10 quests and shit ton of loot and a race, an Iconic, and a universal tree to play with. 

Gotta go with the flow bro.. you dont get to choose the grind.. the grind chooses you...

I remember a good while back when the game was quite the opposite.. couldnt pay for somebody to help you pull levers in fleshmakers.. or run shit under lvl 15.. epics had their time.. and for a while itll be dead like now.. gotta wait for the grind to change.. nothing you can do
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2017 at 3:18pm by Skrilla »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 3:13pm:
we need more stuffz to do in heroic while tring

that is the entire point of tring. past lives and leveling. you got something to do and you get a class or racial past life out of it. only thing epics are getting is another raid and crafting system.

Shroud items are shit now unless making weapons for vac/salt/affirmation. Some builds can fit in 2 pc hp, while 5 pc sets arent worth their slots in reaper, unlike ee where gearing was more flexible. Builds could skip out on a few slots to fit in ender, but now it's too much with reaper constraints. Coupled with the fact that the leading trash killers are DC casters, means building for trash is wasteful and should be building for red named dps. Very few builds can slot 5pc or even 2pc, and with sentient weapons coming I'm not sure how long shroud weapons will be sought after. Sentient has to be the new mortal fear(not exact, but in power levels) or no one will stay at 30 to pump their shit fucking weapons with 300 million lv 30+ xp.

That leaves epics at shroud, slavers, sentient, and w/e else they throw into ravenloft. Combined with the player base already having run out of epic past lives to grind, plus epic reaper xp is harder, longer, and slower, and you get a ghost town at 30. RSO is a joke as far as items are concerned. There are a few good ones, but that's it. The best items are profane gloves, dodge goggles, and prr boots, and really only for very few builds, which would still probably want slavers and cc instead.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #61 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 3:35pm:
that is the entire point of tring. past lives and leveling. you got something to do and you get a class or racial past life out of it. only thing epics are getting is another raid and crafting system.

Shroud items are shit now unless making weapons for vac/salt/affirmation. Some builds can fit in 2 pc hp, while 5 pc sets arent worth their slots in reaper, unlike ee where gearing was more flexible. Builds could skip out on a few slots to fit in ender, but now it's too much with reaper constraints. Coupled with the fact that the leading trash killers are DC casters, means building for trash is wasteful and should be building for red named dps. Very few builds can slot 5pc or even 2pc, and with sentient weapons coming I'm not sure how long shroud weapons will be sought after. Sentient has to be the new mortal fear(not exact, but in power levels) or no one will stay at 30 to pump their shit fucking weapons with 300 million lv 30+ xp.

That leaves epics at shroud, slavers, sentient, and w/e else they throw into ravenloft. Combined with the player base already having run out of epic past lives to grind, plus epic reaper xp is harder, longer, and slower, and you get a ghost town at 30. RSO is a joke as far as items are concerned. There are a few good ones, but that's it. The best items are profane gloves, dodge goggles, and prr boots, and really only for very few builds, which would still probably want slavers and cc instead.

I get that this is an expansion, so it will probably invalidate gear from older packs, otherwise it damages the value proposition, but they really need to build a 3-4 year plan for power scaling that is additive. Rather than superseding.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #62 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 3:55pm:
I get that this is an expansion, so it will probably invalidate gear from older packs, otherwise it damages the value proposition, but they really need to build a 3-4 year plan for power scaling that is additive. Rather than superseding.

Pretty clear that they strongly disagree. It's not that they don't know how, either. (Even though that would be my go-to explanation.) It's that they either don't know enough to know that they have options, or that they really do know better.

If they know better, then that means their business model is still Turbine's business model: Assume customers are addicts. Treat them like shit.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #63 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 4:18pm:
Pretty clear that they strongly disagree. It's not that they don't know how, either. (Even though that would be my go-to explanation.) It's that they either don't know enough to know that they have options, or that they really do know better.

If they know better, then that means their business model is still Turbine's business model: Assume customers are addicts. Treat them like shit.

Like a real dope dealer...haha

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 3:55pm:

Might be getting ahead of ourselves with that one Tongue

Let's assume that Ravenloft is the end of flat stat increase and we can place that as the max going forward. Now where do we go from here? What they need to do is start placing radical, build altering abilities on level 30 loot. The Knife Fighter tree has a good, but niche ability in Weapon Versatility, that would have been perfect to place on an item. Doing so costs a gear slot 1 out 16, and as long as the item had something that goes in that slot it would be a hit for ranged toons, potentially. If they could go play PoE for a bit and see how items are designed in mind with breaking symmetry with skills, or altering abilities of skills. DDO could also use items that grant feats, which is something the older devs knew how to make.   

SSG has at least demonstrated they can be creative with what abilities can go where in order to make loot attractive. Things like Shimmer that consolidate gear and moves those abilities to cloaks, where otherwise they would be on weapons, goggles, necklaces, or trinkets. Moving those abilities and then consolidating them onto a cloak opens up so many other slots for DC builds. Or Discerning Gaze for another example, it has dodge and insightful dodge on goggles. Normally that is cloak, belt, boot, bracer. That item will continue to get better over time as long as the next few updates don't have an item with dodge 22/ insightful dodge 12/ quality dodge 6.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #65 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Well.. the new iconics will bring people back to epics for 3 weeks or so.. and if reaper was easier to get at epic, people would be doing that instead of heroic tring over and over even after all racials are done..

Im on my last racial life atm.. so what do i have to do now? Stay at epic and do the normal epic quests on reaper 2 or some shit cause im only lvl 20? And that shit is hard for a non warlock/dc caster to solo cause nobody will join..Then when im high enough lvl to do them much higher, run them again and get only a few hundred rxp for doing high ass reaper?

I dont think so..

My other choice... heroic tr again but get no past life for it.. then smash through to like lvl 13 or so then do all quests without caring about doublecapping or xp in general. And be op have lots of people to run with and get thousands for each quest until ive done all heroic quests... then tr again..

Looks like im doing heroics... Cheesy

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #66 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Well.. the new iconics will bring people back to epics for 3 weeks or so.. and if reaper was easier to get at epic, people would be doing that instead of heroic tring over and over even after all racials are done..

Im on my last racial life atm.. so what do i have to do now? Stay at epic and do the normal epic quests on reaper 2 or some shit cause im only lvl 20? And that shit is hard for a non warlock/dc caster to solo cause nobody will join..Then when im high enough lvl to do them much higher, run them again and get only a few hundred rxp for doing high ass reaper?

I dont think so..

My other choice... heroic tr again but get no past life for it.. then smash through to like lvl 13 or so then do all quests without caring about doublecapping or xp in general. And be op have lots of people to run with and get thousands for each quest until ive done all heroic quests... then tr again..

Looks like im doing heroics... Cheesy

If you have every past life and are still looking for reaper xp, you can start a new life and park at an exceptionally good xp level. you want a high power to difficulty ratio with lots of short quests, like level 4 for example.

Doing what you describe will also net a bunch of store points while you're at it though.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #67 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
The best level is probably around level 8 or so.  You can bang out CO6 - 6 quests all less than 5 min.  Some 2 min or less.  And the quick threnal ones, plus the 3 walkups in threnal area.  That level range has about 10-12 quests that are 5 min or less runs and pretty easy, given that they are all 2006 content.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #68 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Ya thx.. I need to.. those +7 tomes are fucking expensive

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #69 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 2:44pm:
The best level is probably around level 8 or so.  You can bang out CO6 - 6 quests all less than 5 min.  Some 2 min or less.  And the quick threnal ones, plus the 3 walkups in threnal area.  That level range has about 10-12 quests that are 5 min or less runs and pretty easy, given that they are all 2006 content. 

I call bullshit on your time estimation. Auto-running those quests end-to-end takes more than 5 minutes, stopping to kill stuff adds more time.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #70 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 4:50pm:
I call bullshit on your time estimation. Auto-running those quests end-to-end takes more than 5 minutes, stopping to kill stuff adds more time.

Re-read Ash's post...C A R E F U L L Y.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #71 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 5:06pm:
Re-read Ash's post...C A R E F U L L Y.

I'm speed-running them.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #72 - Oct 16th, 2017 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
Trollero wrote on Oct 10th, 2017 at 11:43pm:
I expect the price ranges will mirror the last LOTRO expansion.  Something like 39.99 base, 79.99 collector, 129.99 yo dawg I heard you like cosmetics so I gave you cosmetics for your cosmetics edition.

Nailed it.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #73 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 12:00am
Print Post  
That is exactly what happened...lol Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint