Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Iconic leveling builds (Read 4160 times)
Jeten
Korthos Resident

There are no men like
me. Only me.

Iconic leveling builds
Oct 22nd, 2017 at 7:53am
Print Post  
Due to my current work and triathlon training schedule, I have much less time to play each day than I would like. So in an effort to streamline my time spent in game I am creating a road-map for character progression.

I'm currently a heroic completionist grinding through all the 3x iconic reincarnations. So far I've completed PDK, Shadar Kai, and am finishing up my 3rd Bladeforged life. For the next 9 iconic lives, I'm hoping to build one set of gear that'll let me zerg through everything as quick as possible.

The iconic lives I need are: 3x gnome, 3x sun-elf, 3x new iconic race.

The class PLs I want are: 1x paladin, 2x cleric, 2x monk, 2x ranger, 2x barbarian

Those are the only real parameters. Play style and groundwork required are totally flexible. Are you guys aware of a build (builds?) that'd let me spam these iconic lives easily? I have 350 in Cannith Crafting and a bunch of Cannith Challenge items created already, so I can build all the gear I need prior to make it work.

Is faceroll warlock the way to go? I've never done a ranged build before but the idea of an arcane archer/monkcher has appeal if it can kill things fast enough.

Plan so far
Sun-Elf 1 (Paladin): 18 paladin/2 cleric THF (I already have a bunch of THF gear)
Sun-Elf 2&3 (Cleric): 5 foot step's Fire Domain Cleric or Death Domain DC Cleric
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2017 at 5:57am by Jeten »  

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Re: Iconic leveling builds
Reply #1 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Don't know, but you'd better hurry. Video games are not for relaxing, or wasting time.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Arganthonius
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
10 iconic base/ 10 warlock?
radiance, radiance lore, hp, sheltering, etc.

There isn't really a single gearset for five different classes.

I learned this life that the importance of self-healing is not to be underestimated, but neither is a cleric hireling.

Slavers constitution 5/ quality con 1/ resistance/ whatever item has helped me with survivability.

also, what revaulting said. half the fun in this game is from theory crafting and having different playstyles each life. take it slow, take it easy.

IP Logged

Jeten
Korthos Resident

There are no men like
me. Only me.

Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 5:44am
Print Post  
During my initial TRs I wanted to "experience" every class pure, so my first 3 DDO 1-20 experiences were pure fighter. I then went pure 20 for each of the classes. In hindsight, it took way longer than it needed to, but it was pretty fun figuring each class out.

You guys are right though, figuring different builds out is a significant part of the enjoyment I get out of DDO. I'll go back and edit my original post as I flesh out my ideas for each life, and then people can try to cut them to shreds.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #4 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 11:23am
Print Post  
You can melee all of those lives. You just need different weapons. Wraps for monk, TWF for ranger, and the other three can be THF or whatever.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint