Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Cleaning out a pack rat (Read 6306 times)
Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Cleaning out a pack rat
Oct 26th, 2017 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
Aside from nostalgia or possible cosmetic use where applicable, is there any reason to not vendor this crap?  I’ve given up hope that SSG will solve their inventory management mini game and I need to reclaim bag space.  I’ve got plenty of mats to Cannith craft whatever I need.

Weapons:
Enduring Conviction (old version with Banishing) x2
Enduring Conviction (new version with Evil Outsider Bane)
Breeze (old version with Paralyzing)
EE Tortured Livewood Bow
EE Trapsmith’s Crossbow
Slaver’s Hand Crossbow
Needle, Quill-slinger (fully upgraded)
Rebellion (fully upgraded) x2 — will the Armor Piercing, +5 Sneak Attack Bonus or Improved Deception trigger for shuriken if held in the offhand?  This toon is currently TRing so can’t check myself.
Dreampiercer (fully upgraded)
Mornh, Hammer of the Mountains (fully upgraded) x2
Braisingstar (fully upgraded)
Tinah, Sword of the Sea (fully upgraded) x2
Balizarde, Protector of the King (fully upgraded) x2
Skybreaker, Hand of the Stormreaver (fully upgraded)
Sireth, Spear of the Sky (fully upgraded)
Antipode, Fist of the Horizon (fully upgraded)
Thaarak Wraps
Grave Wrappings
Vampiric Stonedust Wraps
Alchemical Wraps (alchemical WIS +2, Crushing Wave, Corrosive Salt, Shocking Burst, Stunning +10, Heightened Awareness 4, Electric Storm)
A whole bunch of old Cannith Crafted hand wraps which were top shelf when 25 was the level cap, including silver and cold iron threaded versions.  I wouldn't ever build an unarmed toon without at least 12 levels of monk so these seem destined to be dissolved.

Not Weapons:
Circle of Hatred (old version with 5 charges)
EE Ancient Band
EE Arkat’s Cord (doubt this toon will ever use hand wraps again)
EE Girdle of Giant’s Brawn
Pendant of the Stormreaver (fully upgraded)
Adamantine Cloak of the Wolf — Not holding my breath SSG will ever add ML28 versions of Eveningstar challenge gear
Gauntlets of Immortality (fully upgraded) — it’s on a toon that used to be a melee healer, but will never be a “healer” again. 
Kormor’s Belt - Used to be fun to grief people in a raid, back when raids mattered and were plentiful. 
Wizard Hat - some bullshit BtC item from Shadowfell for companions which I never summon. 
Spider-spun Caparison (WIS +8 version) — the same toon has en Epic Red Dragonscale Robe.  The caparison was a nice consolidation item back in the day, but all of the bonuses except Enhanced Ki and Reinforced Fists are now outclassed by Cannith crafting.
Flawless Black Dragonscale Robe with Helm of the Black Dragon (various versions)
Epic Spare Hand
Connor’s Band - I have a Gilvenaor's set with +40 equipment healing amp
Idol of Fortune (fully upgraded)

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Cleaning out a pack rat
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2017 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Oct 26th, 2017 at 9:18pm:
Needle, Quill-slinger (fully upgraded)
Rebellion (fully upgraded) x2
Mornh, Hammer of the Mountains (fully upgraded) x2
Balizarde, Protector of the King (fully upgraded) x2
Sireth, Spear of the Sky (fully upgraded)
Antipode, Fist of the Horizon (fully upgraded)

Keep. Hammers for skeles on twf swaps. Balizarde is dope. Sireth if you ever play a staff build again? Antipode for epic tring monks. Needle is dope for mechs on ER train.

Carpone wrote on Oct 26th, 2017 at 9:18pm:
Flawless Black Dragonscale Robe with Helm of the Black Dragon (various versions)
Epic Spare Hand

Good for ERs.

The rest you can safely trash.
« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2017 at 9:52pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.ďż˝ Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.ďż˝ They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2017 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
I would probably keep the following:
- Enduring Conviction (Banishers): They’re effectively vorpals for demons.  Might be useful in high heroics.
- Needle, Quill-slinger: It’s still got a great crit profile.
- Rebellion: I think a lot of the offhand stuff will work, but the SA +5 is weak.
- Mornh: Still has a good crit profile.  Also a diety weapon and we don't know what SSG is going to do with those.
- Braisingstar: Maybe for your Scourge Aasimar lives?
- Balizarde: x3 crit multi is hard to throw away.
- Sireth: Still a good epic q-staff.
- Antipode: Was given a good crit profile, for handwraps.
- Vampiric Stonedust Wraps: Should be fine for the 2 levels that you would use them.
- Pendant of the Stormreaver: The Sov. Electrical resist and Thunderstruck could be nice.

- A whole bunch of old Cannith Crafted hand wraps… FYI: You can make these BtA under the new cannith crafting system by disjuncting them. (IDK if alchemical rituals will mess this up or not.)

- Epic Spare Hand: Make a new one.  The new one is BtA, and uses the new scaling system for the enchantments.  (Same for the Epic Ring of the Stalker.)
« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2017 at 10:14pm by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2017 at 10:12pm
Print Post  
Throw almost all that shit out.. i did plus way more..i did keep the hammer and needle tho.. idk why.. and i kept the sierith and cloak of the wolf but i shouldve tossed em too.. i have one cloak of each lvl and havent used em in 35 lives or so.. i probably should throw it all out. I tossed the teleporting mask.. I had a torc and epic one.. all the deathworm and firepeak shit other than the helm.. all but 4 citw stuff.. some heroic greensteel.. all fot stuff. Almost all mod.. all tod.. pretty much pike 90% of the raid items i had.. i feel better now that i tossed it.
« Last Edit: Oct 26th, 2017 at 10:16pm by Skrilla »  

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2017 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
I junked damn near everything gear wise.  Only wearable items I kept is my 5 piece LGS ender set, abbot quiver and two runearms (Thought Spike and Hand of the Tombs).

Everything else ate dust.  My SoS and ESoS, my heroic green steel, my Torc, etc...etc...it hurt but between CC and Reaper a lot of that stuff doesn't see use anymore.

I have level 4 and 12 BTA 'one size fits all' armor sets and an alt that holds all my BTA weapons for every 4 levels.

My TR cache is down to about ~18 items now.  It's nice.

IP Logged

Friendship
Korthos Resident

Love me! Please?

Reply #5 - Oct 27th, 2017 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Items I'd keep

Weapons:
Enduring Conviction (old version with Banishing) x2 - Might be nice for high heroics, but I can't think of the last time I used longswwords
Breeze (old version with Paralyzing) -Wouldn't keep, but hadn't realized they removed paralyzing
Needle, Quill-slinger (fully upgraded) - I'd keep, still best in slot for the area
Rebellion (fully upgraded) x2 — will the Armor Piercing, +5 Sneak Attack Bonus or Improved Deception trigger for shuriken if held in the offhand?  This toon is currently TRing so can’t check myself. - Ehhh, falls into category of seems nice, can't think of when it'd actually be used
Dreampiercer (fully upgraded) - I'd keep for stick build. Seriously, sticks break like... sticks. This is the only one which lasts a quest
Mornh, Hammer of the Mountains (fully upgraded) x2 - I'd keep
Balizarde, Protector of the King (fully upgraded) x2 - I like it, but falls under "would you really use it?"
Sireth, Spear of the Sky (fully upgraded)- I like it, but falls under "would you really use it?"
Antipode, Fist of the Horizon (fully upgraded)- I like it, but falls under "would you really use it?"

Not Weapons:
Circle of Hatred (old version with 5 charges)- I like it, but falls under "would you really use it?"
Gauntlets of Immortality (fully upgraded) — it’s on a toon that used to be a melee healer, but will never be a “healer” again.  - It's nice, but if on wrong toon, trash
Flawless Black Dragonscale Robe with Helm of the Black Dragon (various versions) Armor can be quickly replaced if you ever needed it, and the set bonus isn't worth the 2 slots any more. Toss.

I'd toss everything else. I'm trying to apply the criteria of "how many times have I really used this in my last 20 lives?" It pains me to say so, since I've recently been trying to dispose of items I farmed forever for, and never will use again. Ie - Basically all the old epic items and ToD items.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #6 - Oct 27th, 2017 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Majority of that shit got tossed, once you get over the 'keeping for keepings sake' and can't remember the last time you even used the shit, it's hella nice to have it all gone

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #7 - Oct 27th, 2017 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
I've been going through my TR cache every racial life, I let go of more items every time. It's rough though, I remember when the gear was THE gear to have. Then I didn't play for two years and it is now all crap. I can't let go of my dual chaosblades though.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #8 - Oct 27th, 2017 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
It is grief we are having trouble throwing away.

SSG/Turbine threw all of these items out already. They just left us their empty shells, filled with grief.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Oct 27th, 2017 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
I appreciate all of the insight. I'll keep the CitW/FoT weapons for ETRs and toss the rest. 

My reluctance has been mostly due to nostalgia. There's alot of good memories of former players associated with acquiring this crap.  I loved raiding (2k+ completions across 4 toons) and the community it created. Ditching this stuff is my final and overdue acceptance that the raiding scene is long dead.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #10 - Oct 27th, 2017 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
EE Tortured Livewood Bow
EE Trapsmith’s Crossbow
Slaver’s Hand Crossbow
EE Ancient Band
EE Arkat’s Cord (doubt this toon will ever use hand wraps again)
EE Girdle of Giant’s Brawn

I am also a packrat, but I would immediately offload these. You can try putting BtCoE crap on the ASAH, but it's probably a waste of time. I always put 10 BtCoE items up for auction when I reincarnate, even if I don't want them to sell. Need even more room to hoard? You can fill up your mailbox with cancelled auctions too.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #11 - Oct 27th, 2017 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Ya i still have a ton of garbage on other toons i play on let alone all my bank toons... trying to sell is tome consuming.. i need to spend a day just tossing everything again. I have one bank toon alone with 100 hand wraps.. wtf am i thinking? Gotta just get in there and toss it without thinking like last time.. then if theres shit I throw away and miss.. ill deal with it fuck it.. i somehow have too much of the bta names shit as well.. a good deal of that shit is garbage now too. Like everything but the flaw from the grim chain.. that stuff needs to go

IP Logged

Tangelina
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Oct 28th, 2017 at 2:04am
Print Post  
I think everyone is one the same boat as you do, as for me, I still have lots of trash on my tr cache that I wanna get rid of but couldn't be bothered!

IP Logged

Slick Stick
Puppy Farmer

Titties!

Reply #13 - Oct 28th, 2017 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Friendship wrote on Oct 27th, 2017 at 2:53pm:
I'd keep for stick build. Seriously, sticks break like... sticks

Didn't they fix this?

Just because someone asks a question, doesn't mean they need an answer.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #14 - Oct 30th, 2017 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Slick Stick wrote on Oct 28th, 2017 at 6:42pm:
Didn't they fix this?

In typical SSG fashion, they tried but failed.

Might be slightly better than it was before, but qstaves still break like a mofo on a stick build that doesn't have item defense which makes a pure Henshin annoying as all hell to run. 

Dunno why they couldn't just give Henshin Item defense instead of Negotiator or one of the other retarded enhancements they stuck it with.

IP Logged

Friendship
Korthos Resident

Love me! Please?

Reply #15 - Oct 31st, 2017 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Oct 30th, 2017 at 1:32am:
In typical SSG fashion, they tried but failed.

Might be slightly better than it was before, but qstaves still break like a mofo on a stick build that doesn't have item defense which makes a pure Henshin annoying as all hell to run. 

Dunno why they couldn't just give Henshin Item defense instead of Negotiator or one of the other retarded enhancements they stuck it with.

I agree it's better, but I ran an old toon, and I felt like I had to repair after every quest. The improvement is that (usually) sticks last a full quest. I actually ran dreamsplitter purely so I didn't have to think about repairing.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Oct 31st, 2017 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Oct 30th, 2017 at 1:32am:

because that would mean either they play the game or listen to people who play the game. both are unacceptable at ssg.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.ďż˝ Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.ďż˝ They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #17 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 1:41am
Print Post  
Nicked Quarterstaff had hardness bumped up from 7 to 12
Elemental Bloom went from 10 to 15

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #18 - Nov 9th, 2017 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
So how much of this did you toss?

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Nov 10th, 2017 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Trollero wrote on Nov 9th, 2017 at 11:20pm:
So how much of this did you toss?

It was like an episode of DDO Hoarders.  I tossed everything except for a couple of the CitW/FoT weapons I have plans to use in future TRs.  The rest of the crap I thought I would keep "just in case" got sold to a vendor.

I moved on to two other toons stuffed to the gills like this and did the same.  Minimalism, here I come.

IP Logged

Trollero
Waterworks Kobold

Got IDD?

Reply #20 - Nov 11th, 2017 at 1:41am
Print Post  
That is the thing about hoarding.  Just in case could be never or it could be around the corner.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Nov 11th, 2017 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Trollero wrote on Nov 11th, 2017 at 1:41am:
That is the thing about hoarding.  Just in case could be never or it could be around the corner.

I've opted for "just in time" instead of "just in case" by crafting what I need for a given TR.  There are very few must haves like PLIS.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #22 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 6:08am
Print Post  
reserved for future use

edit: haha wrecked wasted xp
« Last Edit: Nov 29th, 2017 at 7:02pm by eighnuss »  

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
RIP 20k Sentient XP.

EDIT: FFS sentient != sentinel. Too much time in healthcare.
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2017 at 7:04pm by Carpone »  

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 7:28am
Print Post  
Hmmm.. guess ya shoulda kept em... DOH!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint