Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Ravenloft Preview #1 11/7-11/10 (Read 17026 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Ravenloft Preview #1 11/7-11/10
Reply #50 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 12:33pm:
almost guarantee they nerf this in a patch once someone complains

should be an easy nerf. they have it disabled in wolf form right now. i expect it to get nerfed on shuris. free blind/fear with no save, or free knockdown is op as fuck. probably best item they have shown so far.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #51 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 1:11pm:
should be an easy nerf. they have it disabled in wolf form right now. i expect it to get nerfed on shuris. free blind/fear with no save, or free knockdown is op as fuck. probably best item they have shown so far.

Heh, Aracne Archer tree nerf. No doubleshot items in the new content.  No double boosting.  Throwing knife stuff in the Vistani tree sucks. 

The writing on the wall is pretty clear.  Just give them another 6 months or so to dumb down the rest of the build archetypes, then they can change the games name to "DC Casters (Mostly Warlocks) and Melee Online".

It's a damned shame what they're doing to a game that had some of the best build variety to be found a few years ago. 

The irony is that the devs are all "but balance!" without realizing that no matter what they change, power gamers will continue to metagame and exceed what the devs thought possible.  It'll happen whether it's melee, ranged, or casting and it's all because the devs know jack shit about making meta builds in their own game because they can't/won't/don't play it at a high level.  Sadly, that doesn't appear to be a problem they'll ever fix.

« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2017 at 2:25pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Zehnpai
Waterworks Kobold

(◕‿◕✿)

Reply #52 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Honestly I'm trying to look at this stuff as 'catch up' loot for people that are returning or long time players that were just too lazy to make Cannith/Slavers stuff.

I do like that they are putting more and more feats on items.  That's a good sign.  There's a lot of feats that are just good enough to want but never good enough to get.  Augument summoning is something I'd like to have but I can never spare a feat.  I might however be able to spare a gear slot.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #53 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
game doesn't need balance, it needs lots of options for lots of things and always present a challenge at the highest levels.

that's it.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #54 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Tspoon wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 1:05pm:
This preview is probably not the current working iteration, so they are likely farther along than what is on Lama going to release it as is

Perfectly pitched. Well done. This comment is too stupid to warrant a reply, yet too offensively anhistoric to let it go without comment as if possibly true. Meanwhile, Hi Welcome would seem like an agreement. It's like dropping a rusty razorblade on a playground: We'd hope the poor noobs would be smart enough to just throw it away, but ... god damn. I loathe children, and even I'd still dispose of a rusty razorblade. Congratulations; you are a public health menace.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 2:54pm
Print Post  
The wilderness is like storm horns. If you took like 20 instances of storm horns and stacked them. Yuge. believe me, folks. Very big area. Bigly.  The models are eveningstar, wheloon and high road. Fatiguing though.... my legs can't take that much walking. Did a few quests on heroic to see the mobs and areas. All very good looking with a mix of short and long quests. It's like a copy paste of toee and tower of frost for most of them.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #56 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
The mob density in the explorer area is the key.  Want to have a high density.  Storm Horns was beautiful, but it was so sparse with mobs that it was boring after a while.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 3:15pm:
The mob density in the explorer area is the key.  Want to have a high density.  Storm Horns was beautiful, but it was so sparse with mobs that it was boring after a while.

It's lower than storm horns density. much lower than orchard or thunderholme. About the same spawn rate as high road.

someone posted a vid here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEULLXJumao&feature=youtu.be

IP Logged

Bobbicus
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 8:58am:
servers are warming back up!!!!11 

Cunt~

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 5:00am:
I realize many of you may be too stupid to realize when your gear is now obsolete

thank you. I count myself in the group that is too stupid for gear AND Tetris.. its why I tried to collect one of everything.  thankfully, we had Dupegate during the time of Thunderforge weapons, and I continued to collect one of each...
LGS made me specialize in a way that I hated.. planning ahead was never my strong suit... and I see sentient weapons will probably make that worse.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 2:10pm:
Perfectly pitched. Well done. This comment is too stupid to warrant a reply, yet too offensively anhistoric to let it go without comment as if possibly true. Meanwhile, Hi Welcome would seem like an agreement. It's like dropping a rusty razorblade on a playground: We'd hope the poor noobs would be smart enough to just throw it away, but ... god damn. I loathe children, and even I'd still dispose of a rusty razorblade. Congratulations; you are a public health menace.

A, for effort.

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 3:18pm:
It's lower than storm horns density. much lower than orchard or thunderholme. About the same spawn rate as high road.

someone posted a vid here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEULLXJumao&feature=youtu.be

This has been my experience, too. It's fucking huge and sparsely populated with monsters. It was only me, so hopefully, it'll scale with more people as the others do, but it'll be sloooow-going soloing.
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2017 at 4:36pm by NoGoodDoc »  

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #62 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
Yea i dont really look at the epic shit but for the heroic shit.. I wont be needing any or much at all of this new shit.. So atm its looking like i wont be buying the expansion at launch.. Ill just save my tp over a few lives and buy it with tp in march.. I dont give a fuck about the knifefighting enhancement so ill get that with favor.. im vip so i have assimar.. and the iconic version..lol.. ranger? They made ranger shit to splash with since the aa was broken.. and the past life for the iconic?. the passive and toggle are total shit. So ill only do those 3x if i get super bored. But like the other shit.. Ill use to in march to get it..

Ok.. ya i wont be doing epic until its easier to get reaper from.. so im asking what, as of what we have seen so far, would I need to spend $$ on the xpack for? Especially the $130 one?  If im not doing epics.. not in a hurry to get iconic if ever.. already have assimar.. give no fucks about knifefighting.. 0 fucks for pets/cosmetics.. and dont need to have more level 10 quests... ???

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #63 - Nov 10th, 2017 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
free blind/fear with no save, or free knockdown is op as fuck.

Any estimate on the proc rate of these?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #64 - Nov 11th, 2017 at 1:32am
Print Post  
free blind/fear with no save, or free knockdown is op as fuck

I dunno.  You can already get essentially free blind w/ a LGS Radiance shuri.   It was the first LGS shuri I made because I thought constant blind would be awesomesauce, too.   I regretted using the mats on it after testing out Salt and Vacuum.

Knockdown is slightly better I guess but it depends on the proc rate.

Also, blind + feared mobs will be annoying as hell in high skull reaper.   With the new and improved (gay and retarded) aggro coding SSG put in (broke) and fixed (said fuck it, good enough), all it'll take is one feared mob to run the wrong way and you've got instant dungeon alert
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2017 at 1:33am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Nov 11th, 2017 at 1:50am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 10th, 2017 at 1:22pm:
Any estimate on the proc rate of these?

low. very, very low! if devs are reading this, pls buff. too low!

Digimonk wrote on Nov 11th, 2017 at 1:32am:
I dunno.  You can already get essentially free blind w/ a LGS Radiance shuri.   It was the first LGS shuri I made because I thought constant blind would be awesomesauce, too.   I regretted using the mats on it after testing out Salt and Vacuum.

I made a radiance xbow, largely for the sneak attack uptime, but this is a lot better for that because it's not coming off a weapon. But knockdown is just more useful and as you mentioned safer.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #66 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 11th, 2017 at 1:32am:
Also, blind + feared mobs will be annoying as hell in high skull reaper.

As a free PSA, blind mobs also appear to ignore intimidate/aggro levels and randomly attack any targets nearby  which is another reason blind is a big no no in high skull reaper if you're running with a good tank.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #67 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 12th, 2017 at 3:01pm:
As a free PSA, blind mobs also appear to ignore intimidate/aggro levels and randomly attack any targets nearby  which is another reason blind is a big no no in high skull reaper if you're running with a good tank.

+1

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #68 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
speaking of blind

Glitterdust is fucking OP

did 2 man 10sk fleshmakers with shav and we cheesed most of the fleshgolems with it + prismspray and  shuri-tossing the DW'd ones

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #69 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
shuri + caster can prolly do anything in the game that doesn't have shroud portals or stupid xy'zzy mechanicshit
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2017 at 3:58pm by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #70 - Nov 12th, 2017 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 10:29am:
I get that.  I feel the same way about re-gearing.

On the ML 28 gear log-jam, here is an easy fix:  Rather than updating the DoJ or Orchard or TF loot, I'd rather they went back and just lowered the ML on all of it.  Make the Orchard stuff ML 25 instead of 27.  Make the DoJ stuff ML 26 or 27.  Etc.  Move the older loot to where it fits in the new CC/RNG curve stats wise.  Then it has some usefulness when leveling.  Do the same thing with CiTW and FoT/eGH.  Move all that stuff back to ML 20-22. 

Rather than updating the stats, which apparently takes time. 

It's been a long time since I've loved an idea as much as this.

Well played.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #71 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 6:04am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 2:54pm:
The wilderness is like storm horns. If you took like 20 instances of storm horns and stacked them.

Rubbinns wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 3:18pm:
It's lower than storm horns density. much lower than orchard or thunderholme.

Sounds horrible.  Stormhorns ranks pretty much in my bottom 5 explorer areas as far as the whole effort vs size ratio divided by fun formula goes. 

Add to that that it looks like they opted for clickable scrolls instead of the old school general explorer points (despite pretty much non-stop negative feedback every time they used the scroll system since House C) and it sounds doubly horrible. 

Bigger isn't always better.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 7:51am
Print Post  
I brought up the explorer low mob density on the mobos in the content feedback thread, because I'm still delusional that they take action on feedback.  Got a generic reply that they'd monitor additional responses about mob density.  Send in the sock puppet army.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #73 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 8:02am
Print Post  
I've commented several times about the mob density needing to be higher as well.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:33am
Print Post  
I miss the old explorer points too. I guess they got tired of making interesting points to see and just said fuck it, bland landscape, just put a scroll there to read.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint