Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Sentient weapons is... (Read 43216 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: Sentient weapons is...
Reply #50 - Nov 19th, 2017 at 3:20am
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Nov 18th, 2017 at 2:08am:
Whats this item collector stuff you speak of?

It's something that has been suggested by many, including several Vaulties.

Basically something similar to the Monster Manual where you can put the named items from a chain/adventure pack and earn things like the monster manual...
some suggested that items put in there stay there permanently, other said that you could remove them... but anyway, since the earliest suggestion are at least 5 years old they ( SSG ) are not going to do it.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #51 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 5:38am
Print Post  
So, basically, sentient weapons are not really craftable weapons that we expected but a jewel that can be slotted into a named weapon and has 7 fillet-o-fishs that you feed named items to upgrade?
Ummm... Okay.
1st question that pops up immediately, does Sentient Jewel require an augment slot on a weapon? or can I apply it even to the named weapons w/o slots like Drow Weapon of the master?

2nd question is, why the fuck does it not work with craftable weapons like TF and LGS?

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 6:33am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 5:38am:
So, basically, sentient weapons are not really craftable weapons that we expected but a jewel that can be slotted into a named weapon and has 7 fillet-o-fishs that you feed named items to upgrade?
Ummm... Okay.
1st question that pops up immediately, does Sentient Jewel require an augment slot on a weapon? or can I apply it even to the named weapons w/o slots like Drow Weapon of the master?

2nd question is, why the fuck does it not work with craftable weapons like TF and LGS?

1. Doesn't need a augment slot. There's a separate (and clunky) UI where you do the slotting similar to LGS.

2. They haven't said why yet. I suspect they will blame it on "not having the tech for it", but in reality, it's probably either too hard, or they just don't want to do it.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 7:03am
Print Post  
Looks like ima be feeding my Celestias

IP Logged

ThatLukeGuy
Waterworks Kobold

Happy little trees

Reply #54 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 7:54am
Print Post  
NoGoodDoc wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 6:33am:
1. Doesn't need a augment slot. There's a separate (and clunky) UI where you do the slotting similar to LGS.

2. They haven't said why yet. I suspect they will blame it on "not having the tech for it", but in reality, it's probably either too hard, or they just don't want to do it.

2.  Duping.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 9:27am
Print Post  
The fact that you can't do this on TF or LGS (Or fuck even a eSOS) pretty much kills this for me.
I can count on one hand the number of named weapons other than those I use in between level 21-30 between my 5 characters.

But hey, gotta sell those fucking augment bags baby!

Just a pile of meh. At least I cna clean out some named shit and not feel like I'm wasting it. I figure when this goes live I will be at minimum 75% of the way to maxed. And then my bard can use it on her celestia for 3 levlels.....so yay?

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #56 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 11:19am
Print Post  
why can't you make an eSoS sentient?

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 11:26am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 11:19am:
why can't you make an eSoS sentient?

Level 21 is the lowest level it's allowed unless I'm reading shit wrong.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #58 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 11:45am
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 7:03am:
Looks like ima be feeding my Celestias

Yep, and creating two cosmetics from the new Echo of the Sunsword weapon and applying them to both of mine.
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2017 at 11:47am by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #59 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
looks like for th will be either riftmaker for a cap weapon or the citw axe for low epics/cc

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Reyes. wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 12:07pm:
looks like for th will be either riftmaker for a cap weapon or the citw axe for low epics/cc

The dagger is bis for wolves. sov vorp, vacuum, imp deception.

Great xbow is sick. Super Salt+vacuum and throw in blunted ammo for the undead.

Scepter is actually legit for casters. 50 seasonal power and 20 seasonal lore. 12 seconds per element x4 elements.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Demoyn
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 12:14pm:
Scepter is actually legit for casters. 50 seasonal power and 20 seasonal lore. 12 seconds per element x4 elements.

Negative.  Keeping track of rotating buffs sucks.  That's why nobody plays caster druids.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Demoyn wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 12:18pm:
Negative.  Keeping track of rotating buffs sucks.  That's why nobody plays caster druids.

It's every 12 seconds. for 50 stacking power and 20 lore. On a force x kinetic stick.

instant upgrade over your current force stick. assuming you're shiradi. if you wanted to micro manage it then you could force it to give you the first buff or the first 2 buffs by unequipping then swapping it back on for 13 seconds.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #63 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 10:45pm:
Getting a t7 sentient weapon only requires ~214 ml28 items. Just like grinding pls, it'll look like a daunting task to casuals but anyone who takes this game even somewhat seriously will be able to do it fairly quickly.

I'm a casual and that doesn't look even remotely daunting. I get 4-5 names weapons in a single afternoon of even casual play, running content at that level.

If anything, SSG actually succeeded, as it IS NOW technically worth it for me to stay at or near cap for a bit - since I can grind out those 214 weapons in a few weeks!

But then I'll never stay at cap again.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #64 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Also, am I reading this correctly that the gem can be slotted to a low-level weapon, making it amazing. Thus... making this whole thing an ETR tool FINALLY?!?!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 1:24pm:
Also, am I reading this correctly that the gem can be slotted to a low-level weapon, making it amazing. Thus... making this whole thing an ETR tool FINALLY?!?!

A level 21+ named weapon, excluding TF and LGS.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 1:16pm:
I'm a casual and that doesn't look even remotely daunting. I get 4-5 names weapons in a single afternoon of even casual play, running content at that level.

If anything, SSG actually succeeded, as it IS NOW technically worth it for me to stay at or near cap for a bit - since I can grind out those 214 weapons in a few weeks!

But then I'll never stay at cap again.

but, wait... there's more! Do it again for each gem and set bonus you like!!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #67 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 1:38pm:
A level 21+ named weapon, excluding TF and LGS.

Love how they just carefully excluded the Epic Sword of Shadows  Roll Eyes Def SSG work.

Hmmm... I wonder if you were to stick a festive augment in the colorless slot(raising it to ML22) if that would then let you add the gem?

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 2:45pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 2:27pm:
Love how they just carefully excluded the Epic Sword of Shadows  Roll Eyes Def SSG work.

Hmmm... I wonder if you were to stick a festive augment in the colorless slot(raising it to ML22) if that would then let you add the gem?

Shhh! They probably haven't thought about that.  Lips Sealed

Was wondering the same sort of thing.
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2017 at 2:45pm by somenewnoob »  

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #69 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 3:18pm
Print Post  

Again...duping. How many of the SoS are legit since all the Scroll, Seal, and Shard duping during Dupapalooza 1 happened?
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2017 at 3:18pm by Technomage »  

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #70 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 3:20pm
Print Post  

I wouldn't do that. Any augments slotted in a weapon get destroyed when you add sentience.
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2017 at 3:20pm by Technomage »  

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 3:18pm:
Again...duping. How many of the SoS are legit since all the Scroll, Seal, and Shard duping during Dupapalooza 1 happened?

They can keep making shitty decisions because of past duping and get zero dollars from me.
Or they can try to make the game fun and possibly get me to actually give them money again one day.

They are choosing the former apparently.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

Pseudonym
Titan Demolisher

Reply #72 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 4:39pm
Print Post  

You were not able to do this on lam.

Weapons that can be made sentient have text at the top that says you can make them sentient, changing the ML of my esos did not add that text or make it usable in the system.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #73 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 3:18pm:

That's one of those "does it really fucking matter?" scenarios - people play the game(and pay for it) because its fun. Making the game fucking fun, SSG, and we'll give you money.

But yeah, Sinking Ship Games has a weirdly hostile attitude towards their customers.

Technomage wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 3:20pm:
I wouldn't do that. Any augments slotted in a weapon get destroyed when you add sentience.

Thanks for the head's up, I actually wasn't expecting that.

Pseudonym wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 4:39pm:
You were not able to do this on lam.

Weapons that can be made sentient have text at the top that says you can make them sentient, changing the ML of my esos did not add that text or make it usable in the system.

Well sad-day.

So then of course, the question arises: IS a fully-upgraded, lvl 21 sentient weapon better than an eSoS?

Obviously there are better ML28-30 weapons, but this is specifically about ML 20-21.

IP Logged

raybob
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Nov 20th, 2017 at 11:45am:
Yep, and creating two cosmetics from the new Echo of the Sunsword weapon and applying them to both of mine.

Echo of the Sunsword?  Is that part of the new ravenloft loot?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Send TopicPrint