Normal Topic Warlock (Read 3029 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Warlock
Nov 23rd, 2017 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
I'm going to use the +20 Lesser Heart with a +5 offer to clean up a character.

When the Gnomes came out I had that bright idea to create on the secondary account a Deep Gnome Wizard...
And well now that she's 20 she's been sitting in the alt list taking dust.
Because in the end it's not what I wanted, but since I used a stone on her I had to get her to 20... What I wanted was a Warlock,
and I still want to make her a warlock, until now I missed all the time the +20 hearts were in store ( or didn't have enough TPs to buy one.
I have the TPs and I don't intend to miss the Black Friday.

Now since I've only dabbled very loosely in warlocks ( yes, by dabbled I mean I have a bardlock that's 2/8 and that's been eating Daily Dice XP rewards for the last two levels )
I'd like to know what are the does and the don't of a plain warlock.

The bases are that it's a first life character, and it's a deep gnome as I can't change that with a LR.

Have fun giving me ideas or a straight build.
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2017 at 1:12pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Re: Warlock
Reply #1 - Nov 23rd, 2017 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
Pure N00block:

Save AP to get Chain Blast by he end of Lvl 2.
Dump all the remaining AP into Enlightened Spirit to get Shining Through at 12.
Take remaining AP to get Light Damage, Medium Armour proficiency in ES and Pact Damage in TS.
Derp you way to Capstone Enlightened Spirit.

It's retard proof.

I know because I have used it extensively, and I'm by no means a power gamer.

The DPS is sub-optimal, but it's almost impossible to die unelss you stand in traps and go AFK. Even that might not be enough. You can run it with whatever garbage gear you have laying around and it won't really effect it much. It can be any damned race in the game, including CHA penalty races, still doesnt matter.

Again, I know this from experience.

If you want to feel like slightly less of an Easy Button Abuser...

Better DPS N00block:

Take Chain Blast by he end of Lvl 2.
Chain Blast to Lvl 12, respec to Cone blast.
Take Tier 5 Soul Eater for the Spell Crits, Eldritch Wave and SLAs.
Capstone Tainted scholar for Pact Damage and the ridiculous Spell crit.

Enjoy Max + Empowered Stricken and Consume with all the damage bonuses, along with Max + Empowered Eldritch Wave interspersed with hilarious blasting.

It's a little fussier and plays more like a traditional caster, but it just erases entire quests. Especially if you go full Necrolock + Fiend Pact to Hurl what ails you.

I've done this build as well, and it's also great.

That's my 2cp... Take it with a grain of salt.  ;)

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #2 - Nov 24th, 2017 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Nov 23rd, 2017 at 11:15pm:
Enjoy Max + Empowered Stricken and Consume with all the damage bonuses, along with Max + Empowered Eldritch Wave interspersed with hilarious blasting.

Why does Eldritch Wave require a goddamn hard target? It's a fucking AoE. Goddamn it.
Also, Blasting and Casting is hella uncomfortable, but Consume and Stricken are fucken sexy.

Can you give me some pointers on Necro DC say by lvl12-13 so I can abuse Finger and shit?
« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2017 at 12:14am by Alex DeLarge »  

IP Logged

Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Reply #3 - Nov 27th, 2017 at 4:54am
Print Post  
I quit the game a while back and since TRing my complestionist a couple of days ago I can only stomach one or two quests a night but how bad did they nerf auralocks?

Is it still viable or does stuff take too long to die when compared with chain/wave? I remember having fun with aura combined with consume/stricken before the nerfs.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #4 - Nov 27th, 2017 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Aura locks are fine.  I used one to do a heroic TR and knock out a few ePLs right after the last round of nerfs.  Stuff might take one extra tic of the aura or an extra blast to kill, but they're still solid.

I'd recommend going Cha primary and trying 39 points in ES for spirit blast, shining through and cheap displacement and 41 in TS for the capstone, shapes, stances and +eldritch blast die.

« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2017 at 11:46am by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Bushin
Korthos Resident

Getting too old for this
shit

Reply #5 - Nov 28th, 2017 at 3:53am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 27th, 2017 at 11:45am:
Aura locks are fine.  I used one to do a heroic TR and knock out a few ePLs right after the last round of nerfs.  Stuff might take one extra tic of the aura or an extra blast to kill, but they're still solid.

I'd recommend going Cha primary and trying 39 points in ES for spirit blast, shining through and cheap displacement and 41 in TS for the capstone, shapes, stances and +eldritch blast die.

That build leans slightly more towards TS than my previous build did but I liked being able to use stricken/consume while my aura was doing it's thing. Swinging a weapon didn't seem to do much and I wanted something to do.

I might try that breakdown this life though. Especially in lower tier heroics wave/chain just do less damage than master's touch on a greataxe while aura ticks in the background in my experience.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #6 - Nov 28th, 2017 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Bushin wrote on Nov 28th, 2017 at 3:53am:
That build leans slightly more towards TS than my previous build did but I liked being able to use stricken/consume while my aura was doing it's thing. Swinging a weapon didn't seem to do much and I wanted something to do.

I might try that breakdown this life though. Especially in lower tier heroics wave/chain just do less damage than master's touch on a greataxe while aura ticks in the background in my experience.

SE is a complete trap for an Evo warlock.  As is meleeing on an ES.  Either go all in on instakills + holds with max DCs or go all in on spellpower + Evo/Conj DCs.   Trying to straddle the fence between DC and Evo will just make your sensitive bits sore.

Stunning Blast and Eldritch Ball in TS are also traps imo.   Go for all the +dmg die you can get from TS instead.

TS gives you flexibility to adjust your blasts based on the mission.  You get full auras + SLA AE blasts for clearing missions with hordes of trash.  You get chain shape for clearing missions with spare, spread out mobs.  You get Enervating Shadow for single-target/boss dmg.

You get Utterdark blasts for low resists and ease of gearing.  You get Penetrating Blast for those rare light or force resistant mobs.  You get 10% chance to proc Confusion on non-boss mobs, which is somewhat useful in mid to high skulls.

An Evo warlock should be switching shapes somewhat frequently depending on the situation and mission.

« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2017 at 1:54pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint