Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Castigation in High skull reaper epic/endgame (Read 3484 times)
5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Castigation in High skull reaper epic/endgame
Nov 25th, 2017 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
I'm thinking most builds should drop what they are doing and switch to Divine Crusader for Castigation.

Quote:
Castigation: Your Aura of Purification also harms nearby enemies, dealing Bane damage every 3 seconds. Non-bosses take damage equal to 1% of their current health for each stack of Purification they have.

Quote:
Aura of Purification: Active Ability: (Cooldown 3 seconds) Toggle: Every 3 Seconds While Active: Nearby enemies gain a stack of Purification.

Quote:
Interrogation: Passive Bonus: +5 Universal Spell Power and +1% Spell Critical Chance. Your offensive spells cause enemies to gain a stack of Purification.

Quote:
Purge the Wicked: Passive Bonus: +2 bonus to Confirm Critical Hits and Critical Hit Damage. Your Critical Hits with weapons also cause enemies to gain a stack of Purification.

Quote:
No Regret: Whenever an enemy who was recently affected by your Aura of Purification is slain, other nearby enemies gain 1 to 4 stacks of Purification.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Re: Castigation in High skull reaper epic/endgame
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 25th, 2017 at 7:31pm:
I'm thinking most builds should drop what they are doing and switch to Divine Crusader for Castigation.

We would do this to kill Legendary Hound on Elite before puppies could do it.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 27th, 2017 at 1:16pm
Print Post  

For high reaper, it's solid.  It's completely overkill in lower difficulties, as mobs don't last long enough to matter.  Also, the bugs are kinda annoying in the fact that SSG hasn't fixed them in years (melee power not applying, not affecting bosses, etc).

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #3 - Nov 28th, 2017 at 3:05am
Print Post  
Isn't the aura bugged these days, affecting only a single mob at a time?

That said, these days I have two characters in epics, both in DC.

A first life enlightened spirit parked at 30, pretending to contribute in reaper by playing a healer.
And my iconic swashbuckler who often stays in DC as well, cause 16-20x5 light picks are nice.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #4 - Nov 28th, 2017 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Nov 28th, 2017 at 3:05am:
And my iconic swashbuckler who often stays in DC as well, cause 16-20x5 light picks are nice.

Handaxe is better.  14-20x4 (x5 on 19-20) with higher base dmg (1d6 vs 1d4) and you're not stuck with LGS and TF as your only options.  http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legendary_Forgotten_Axe

Daggers are also better if you have access to Vistani tree.
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2017 at 2:00pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #5 - Nov 28th, 2017 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
There are light maces as well.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #6 - Nov 28th, 2017 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Can't wait to run my enchanter or tank in DC. That will make the completions much easier.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Nov 28th, 2017 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Carpone wrote on Nov 27th, 2017 at 1:16pm:
For high reaper, it's solid.  It's completely overkill in lower difficulties, as mobs don't last long enough to matter.  Also, the bugs are kinda annoying in the fact that SSG hasn't fixed them in years (melee power not applying, not affecting bosses, etc).

seems like it should be. if you manage to stack 25 onto a mob they lose 25% of current hp every 3 seconds.

so if we have a 50k hp orthon with 25 stacks it's ;

12,500 dmg first tick
9,375 second tick
7k 3rd tick

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #8 - Nov 28th, 2017 at 6:46pm
Print Post  

Don’t forget good ole Consecration:

Consecration: Active Ability: The ground you are standing on is consecrated. Evil creatures standing on consecrated ground are burned every 3 seconds, gaining a stack of Purification and taking 1d6 damage per character level. This damage is half Fire, half Good. Both damage components are affected by Fire Spell Power. (Cooldown: [30/25/20] seconds). Duration 15 seconds. Activation Cost: [50/40/30] Spell Points.

And, I can't speak for Reaper, but a Divine Crusader Enlightened Spirit Fiend Warlock was a lot of fun a year ago.

« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2017 at 6:52pm by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint