Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Zergalicious - Pure 20 Monk LD VKF Thrower DPS (Read 55011 times)
Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Re: Zergalicious - Pure 20 Monk LD VKF Thrower DPS
Reply #175 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
Can you fucking stop this shit dude? It sucks to read dozens of pages to filter out the posts that are actually relevant. Why do you keep  coming here if yyou don't play? Dam it get something to do.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #176 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
3.4 second to proc the SD ability? Ya the r10 mob is dead.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #177 - Feb 1st, 2018 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 1:03pm:
Can you fucking stop this shit dude? It sucks to read dozens of pages to filter out the posts that are actually relevant. Why do you keep  coming here if yyou don't play? Dam it get something to do.

1. I am playing again as of last month
2. playtime is limited but I've almost capped this build
3. all are based on first hand experience playing this build
4. if you dont like my posts block me but you'd be an idiot to do that. Up to you

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #178 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 12:20am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 1st, 2018 at 5:25pm:
4. if you dont like my posts block me but you'd be an idiot to do that. Up to you

You know what I say to that?

harharharhar!

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #179 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Dex is fungible, and "gaining" 62.5 power by converting MP->RP is situational at best considering that you have to give up 40-50 RP from 10k AND up to 45 from archer's focus AND waste ~20 AP.

Opportunity costs, people.

Everything else is equivalent. I'm not advocating SD as a default, I'm just saying it has it's place. Even without SA in LD, you still pwn trash via obscene helpless damage (50% base + Sense Weakness + Combat Brute + No Mercy + Silent Avenger + ship buff). But if you don't bring a competent rogue to remove SA immunity from the bosses, then you would have been better off in SD.

As I said before, the build hasn't really changed, it just got new gear (mainly Perfect Pinnacle and Purifying Quiver) that makes LD sexier than it used to be, and someone is trying to score fake internet points by attributing Ravenloft powercreep to a MP->RP gimmick.

That is all.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #180 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 11:33am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 11:12am:
Dex is fungible, and "gaining" 62.5 power by converting MP->RP is situational at best considering that you have to give up 40-50 RP from 10k AND up to 45 from archer's focus AND waste ~20 AP.

Opportunity costs, people.

Everything else is equivalent. I'm not advocating SD as a default, I'm just saying it has it's place. Even without SA in LD, you still pwn trash via obscene helpless damage (50% base + Sense Weakness + Combat Brute + No Mercy + Silent Avenger + ship buff). But if you don't bring a competent rogue to remove SA immunity from the bosses, then you would have been better off in SD.

As I said before, the build hasn't really changed, it just got new gear (mainly Perfect Pinnacle and Purifying Quiver) that makes LD sexier than it used to be, and someone is trying to score fake internet points by attributing Ravenloft powercreep to a MP->RP gimmick.

That is all.

good summary

Ran a bunch of ravenloft last night, and no most parties do not have rogues consistently removing SA immunity in general content. Raids maybe if you specifically find someone to do that.

I mostly agree with everything you have written above. I NEVER said SD is better than LD, I said when you can't get SA damage, you should go SD (aka Undead) if you want to keep your DPS up.

Edit: it's more than 20 AP, it's 7 in VKF and the 21 or so in Henshin
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2018 at 11:36am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #181 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
How about we forget all this. I do significantly more damage than you do. Show me a RP build doing my DPS and I'll  delete my thread.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #182 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 12:21pm:
How about we forget all this. I do significantly more damage than you do. Show me a RP build doing my DPS and I'll  delete my thread.

To cover all bases, show them your damage against undead and in raven loft, as this seems to be the point of contention.

Show the damage with blitz reset to 0 too

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #183 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 12:21pm:

Solo or in a party?
If Party, what buffs/debuffs are present?
Against what mobs in what quest and for how long?
Vs Rednames?
Vs Champs?
Vs Regular Mobs?
Raid or Regular quest?
Do you have to use portals thus are lacking Blitz parts of the time?

It seems like you don't actually understand how this all works when you want to claim something about DPS. There is no DPS number. There is the highest DPS number that you can apply to the game the most amount of the time given who do you or do not play with, and in what quests.

Your build gets a VERY big boost from sneak attack damage. You fail to recognize that in situations where you can't do SA damage for any number of reasons, your DPS falls considerably. SD offers a bypass to that, as does have a rogue in the party.

These are material concerns with an end game currently revolving around mostly undead mobs, and worth discussion. Your pontificating, threatening, and overall hilarious bravado belie a typical lack of deeper thought about any of these things, or ability to consider the world outside your own experience. Specifically, the world that contains other people's experiences.

Separately from that is the conversation about the superiority given new gear of using 20+ AP to take advantage of Prowess and Henshin MP versus a little less RP but 20+ AP to spend otherwise.

The hilarious part is no one is even saying you're wrong or your build isn't very good. But it seems like the only thing you can accept is fawning praise, otherwise you completely lose your shit. That's a real good sign of of both immaturity, and insecurity.

I just want to tell you again: you are loved and your build is good. You are great at this game. I'm sorry you're angry.
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2018 at 2:42pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #184 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 11:12am:
"gaining" 62.5 power by converting MP->RP is situational at best considering that you have to give up 40-50 RP from 10k AND up to 45 from archer's focus AND waste ~20 AP.

Except that the AF and IAF have to be toggled off and on if you ever wish to use IPS with that AF/IAF buff. that's not happening. youre going to move, a lot. to line up your ips targets better, to avoid ray spells, arrows, kite mobs. there is no where, aside stationary boss fights, where youre getting full af/iaf stacks and then using ips. prowess turns every boost into 100 power. it allows ips to use all that power where af/iaf builds could never.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #185 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 3:09pm:
Except that the AF and IAF have to be toggled off and on if you ever wish to use IPS with that AF/IAF buff. that's not happening. youre going to move, a lot. to line up your ips targets better, to avoid ray spells, arrows, kite mobs. there is no where, aside stationary boss fights, where youre getting full af/iaf stacks and then using ips. prowess turns every boost into 100 power. it allows ips to use all that power where af/iaf builds could never.

You should easily be able to hit 50-56 wisdom with end game gear now without trading off much of anything. 

Which is almost the difference on it's own.

You also get another 20 RP from from new set on Boost and it lasts longer, and more like permanent 20 because of increased duration.

Without AF or IAF on a split (which 5FS is defintely not talking about, he's talking about being pure), you're already looking at 70 RP versus 100 from Prowess and 40'ish from Henshin.

The real question is can you make up the difference of 70RP (140 - 70) with the 28'ish AP sunk into Henshin and VKF.

I think having all those points for Half Elf makes it close, because of the 3 SA dice, 3 Dex, 3 Boost Dex and 3 Boost Wisdom for 10k, along with Healing Amp and SA damage range. In top of all of that, against red names where you can stand mostly still, you can get up to that 45 RP from AF, which actually once you get it stacked, isn't that hard to stop for a couple seconds and start restacking it, and it doesn't decay that fast.

You could also do a little less in Helf with the extra AP and dump them into Harper for a pretty good sized gain (9RP, 2 or 3 Dex, a couple extra base damage, and like +10-12 base damage from KTA). This alone is probably just as good as MP build.

All I'm trying to say is, 5Fs is right that these things are not THAT far apart. He's not arguing RP build is better, he's arguing it's not much behind. I think he's right.

« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2018 at 3:23pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #186 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 3:20pm:
You should easily be able to hit 50-56 wisdom with end game gear now without trading off much of anything. 

Only during 10ks, which the build still gets 20 levels for 100 dshot, while doubling the wisdom rp during boosts. The 45 mp from henshin alone is close to what the gearing of a max wisdom rp build would gain. Henshin is a passive permanent buff, instead of 10k timers.

You also get another 20 RP from from new set on Boost and it lasts longer, and more like permanent 20 because of increased duration.

how many boosts and what quantity? LD has 3 to pick from at 11 each with prowess. that is 330 seconds of prowess buff at a 33% faster rate than any other ED. harharharhar wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 3:20pm:
(9RP, 2 or 3 Dex, a couple extra base damage, and like +10-12 base damage from KTA)

Every one uses KtA.

Without AF or IAF on a split (which 5FS is defintely not talking about, he's talking about being pure), you're already looking at 70 RP versus 100 from Prowess and 40'ish from Henshin.

nah, bruh. LD isn't standard boost cooldown and frequency of use changes the prowess duration, too. it's 45 henshin + 100 prowess against a 56 rp 10k timer, and stationary af stacks.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #187 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 4:00pm:
Only during 10ks, which the build still gets 20 levels for 100 dshot, while doubling the wisdom rp during boosts. The 45 mp from henshin alone is close to what the gearing of a max wisdom rp build would gain. Henshin is a passive permanent buff, instead of 10k timers.

how many boosts and what quantity? LD has 3 to pick from at 11 each with prowess. that is 330 seconds of prowess buff at a 33% faster rate than any other ED.

Every one uses KtA.

nah, bruh. LD isn't standard boost cooldown and frequency of use changes the prowess duration, too. it's 45 henshin + 100 prowess against a 56 rp 10k timer, and stationary af stacks. 

You left out 20 RP from the boost from the new set

Most off this is irrelevant because I am not talking about SD versus LD I am talking about RP vs MP in the post that you quoted. You're going off about LD vs SD which is an entirely separate conversation situationally for sneak attack immune mobs, and not about MP vs RP.

You can run RP or MP in LD all day long, which is the discussion you should be focusing on vis a vis 5FS's argument about RP vs MP.

Everyone does not use KTA.

A lot of people don't run KtA because they are too lazy to macro the switch to an Int item and they don't want to chug pots. I'm not one of them, but actually a lot of people in Discord I've talk to running this build are not running KTA.

« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2018 at 4:57pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #188 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Never liked. Too bad if I block it'll look like a monologue

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #189 - Feb 3rd, 2018 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Harhar you are functionally retarded. Just shut the fuck up.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #190 - Feb 4th, 2018 at 9:11am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 11:33am:
Edit: it's more than 20 AP, it's 7 in VKF and the 21 or so in Henshin

You'll still want to have 8-11 in henshin for passive ki or passive ki + quick draw.

It was 78 pre-ravenloft, so...even more now. I haven't finalized the build update as of yet.

harharharhar wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 2:39pm:
I just want to tell you again: you are loved and your build is good. You are great at this game. I'm sorry you're angry.

you are loved and your build is good. You are great at this game. I'm sorry you're angry.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #191 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 4th, 2018 at 9:11am:
You'll still want to have 8-11 in henshin for passive ki or passive ki + quick draw.

I guess. You can twist enlightenment and run in Water honestly for higher reapers it's pretty nice to have the extra dodge.

I dont have perfect pinnacle yet but I would think Trip is much more useful than blind and fear, but without having played with either effect I don't actually know. Any opinions?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #192 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 2nd, 2018 at 4:52pm:
RP or MP in LD all day long, which is the discussion you should be focusing on vis a vis 5FS's argument about RP vs MP.

even worse for pure monk, and outside of fury, to try matching an inferior version of prowess up against prowess in LD. They will only ever be close when 10k is up and when having up AF stacks. Fury builds, with way less boosts, can at least mitigate 10k cooldowns by using manyshot and adrenalines. Pure builds have nothing for off time. On Serg's build, the off time between cooldowns does not change the damage per star. And the damage is the same even while moving around when IPS'ing. And prowess is up every 10 of 20 seconds. best filigree of all time.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #193 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
What you're saying is,

with 80 Wisdom and Deadly Rain set, you have 100RP for about the same amount of time (50% uptime) as you do for 100MP from Prowess?

That sounds about right. Or am I missing something? No idea what you're talking about about with AF, that would just increase your DPS when standing still for bosses. You can get 100 RP from Deadly and 10K without AF stacks.

Except that 10K is not limited by number of action boosts (which are not really limited in LD since you have so many) but still
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2018 at 6:40pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #194 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 6:39pm:
about the same amount of time (50% uptime) as you do for 100MP from Prowess?

no, because once youre out of 10k, prowess still has prowess.  and are you really going with 80 wisdm as a score?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #195 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:57pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:26pm:
no, because once youre out of 10k, prowess still has prowess.  and are you really going with 80 wisdm as a score?

very easy to swap 20/7/4 wisdom item before 10k
14 base
7 tome
2 pot
2 pot
2 guild
1 globe
2 profane
2 Completionist
32 Wisdom
+
31 Items
= very easy 63 wisdom. And I'm sure there are lots of easy other sources I'm not even counting, least of which is water stance for 4 more for 67. I'll let 5FS breakdown reasonable max wisdom. Racial completionist is one source, and I think there are some other temporary buffs. If Helf you can boost for 3 more using AB

In any case, maybe 70 Wisdom is the right number  for 90RP with 10k and Deadly Rain which is realy fucking close when you're talking about 300-350 MP/RP to 100 MP from Prowess.

Prowess still having Prowess argument seems like nonsense to me. You get it 50% of the time, just like with 10k. Biggest difference is that you get all that ranged power for all of 10k (or most of it, the 20 from deadly rain is 20 of those seconds, which in LD is actually full time). So honestly, this is basically a wash.

It's really a question of wanting to have absolute highest MP all the time using Henshin/VKF, or lose about 10% of your MP/RP outside of AF stance (which is like 6-7% total DPS because new shuriken is too bad ass and dot is insane) but have 20'ish AP to take more defensive or utility AP allocations for whatever reason. Or allocate those to other damage increasing enhancements (RP in Harper, stats, SA dice in racial, etc). Also, during red/purple named fights it wont be very hard to get AF stacks to make up that last 6-7% damage pretty quickly.

tldr;
MP is more DPS than RP by about 6-7% back of the envelope, the trade-off is in optionality on other things for your character than that last little bit of DPS.

« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:58pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

DragonCrotch
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #196 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
MP with Prowess set/Hensh/Weapon Vers vs RP.

Here is a quick breakdown off the top of my head - probably missing something:
Ranged Power version
Lvl 30 - 30
Tome - 2
Filigree - 20
Filigree set - 20 (with AB)
AF - up to 45 - if standing still (who does this in reaper)
Ring of Prowess - 8
Mythic/Reaper bonus - variable
LD  - 12
Blitz - 70
Mist set - 10
RP action boost - 30
10K stars - 50% of the time - 80 (assuming an 80 wisdom)
Harper - 3-9 depending on how deep you go into this tree. For this we will use 9

Total at least 211...if standing still for a long time you can hit 247 with AF...291 moving and 346 not moving 50% of the time

Melee Power version:
Henshin - 45
LD - 18
Tome - 2
LVL 30 - 30
Filigree - 20
Filigree - prowess set bonus - 100 - 50%
Ring of Prowess 8
Mist set - 10
Mythic/Reaper - Variable
Blitz - 70
MP Action Boost - 30

Total - at least 253 and 353 50% of the time. I am personally getting up to 380+ in reaper.

253 > 211 without prowess or 10k - 20% more damage
353 50% up time > 291 or 346(AF) -50% up time - so like 20% more damage unless in AF

So for the mobile monk like me, 42-58 more power seems best. The only time RP comes close (-7) is while standing still.

MP cons
go deeper into Henshin for 45MP
6 AP (not 7 as some have posted) for weapon versitility.
Probably need to have a decent amount of racial PLs to get more into HELF racial APs

RP cons...to even come close to the numbers you get from MP version, you need to have a high wisdom (80? sacrificing maybe con or some dex to reach this)
Stand still a lot for AF - does not seem feasible except maybe for fighting bosses that do not move either
Go deeper into Harper tree?

I would personally struggle to hit over 70 wisdom and still have my gear be optimal, so the numbers above for RP would probably be lower for most.

BTW, I have seen numbers from myself and those posted here for the melee power version. If you would like to post similar screen shots with an RP version we can easily see the difference. I don't think you will achieve 1.4K non-crit front damage though with RP version.
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2018 at 8:14pm by DragonCrotch »  
YIM  
IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #197 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
DragonCrotch wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 7:58pm:
MP with Prowess set/Hensh/Weapon Vers vs RP.
Snip

great breakdown,

couple points of contention:
-Not sure why you have blitz as 30 when it's 70
-70 Wisdom is literally easy to hit as a swap, 80 might be harder but we'll see what 5FS comes up with
-I think your ballpark is basically spot on, the difference in Power is 45 from Henshin and whatever difference you have in your wisdom from 80. So if your wisdom is 70, you're down 55 RP from the MP version. However

320MP-55RP=265RP
55RP/265 RP = .2 or 20% reduction in M/R|P

But since SA and front number damage is like only like, 70% of actual DPS with new shuriken, this is a total sustained loss of about 14% DPS at 70 Wisdom. More like 10% at 80 Wisdom.

That's not to diminish the MP build, but that's really the trade-off at the end of the day for those 20'ish AP you get back.

Fun fact: If the devs ever fix/nerf prowess to it's stated 75MP, this difference basically disappears, and using AF you actually would do more damage stationary with all stacks.
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2018 at 8:11pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

DragonCrotch
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #198 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Oops...thanks...I fixed that to be 70. I was wondering why 313 seemed low to me.

YIM  
IP Logged

DragonCrotch
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #199 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
I will maybe play around and try a RP version later, just to see the results. I do suspect some day they will fix prowess and maybe even change wpn vers to be daggers/throwing daggers only. Good to have a backup.

YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Send TopicPrint