Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Dragonblood Prophecy Review (Read 5762 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Dragonblood Prophecy Review
Reply #25 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
platfarmchink wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 1:51pm:
The Butthurt of the Devs continues to fuck the sad players who toed the line like good boy scouts.

Are you sure it isn't that non end game raids are kinda pointless?  Nobody runs Chrono in heroics at level 6-9 anyways.  It was never run when it was released and probably, if considered separately from Epic Chrono, is the least run raid of all time.   Not even run now that, thanks to power creep, it is manageable at level. 

Creating heroic level raids is a pointless waste of dev time for the amount of attention they will get in game.

Raids only really work at levels where characters will be parked for a while.  A case could be made for some raids at level 28-30, but really, since the loot will have to be lesser and most legendary loot starts at 28 or 29, what is the point?  Just make it legendary, give sweet loot, and be done with it. 

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #26 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 5:45pm:
Chrono, is the least run raid of all time.

Yeah...I've ran Chrono dozens of times and never ran the twilight forge a single time in 7 years of playing, so there's that.  I'd say Chrono is run (even at level) far more frequently than the vault of the artie raids.

Side note, was part of a 50 minute heroic reaper TS raid over the weekend.  Should have been been the now standard 10 minutes, but it took forever because there were so many new players who'd never ran it before, I shit you not.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
The Master Artificer has always been the least ran raid, followed by The Lord of Blades.

The LoB raid died a horrible death slightly over a year of its release when MoTu killed it, along with the non-epic raids.

Even during the height of LoB's popularity, you know that 2 month window after it was released, nearly no one wanted to even touch its fugly twin sister Master Artificer.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
People randomly run chrono, it’s decent xp and not hard

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
I bet it’s currvently run more often then reavers in heroics or more often then tod

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #30 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 12:43am
Print Post  
I only run chrono on epic.. its nice to beg for tokens in after begging for tokens in von 5 and 6

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #31 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 1:35am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 6:40pm:
Yeah...I've ran Chrono dozens of times and never ran the twilight forge a single time in 7 years of playing, so there's that.  I'd say Chrono is run (even at level) far more frequently than the vault of the artie raids.

I concur... Titan is the least run raid... Flagging mechanism and the stupid up/down/up/down area make it hard to flag. Then the pre raid that requires that at least 4 people have a clue ( one in each group ), and then The Pilars and Titan that rtequires that everybody has a clue so that things are not fucked up by a clueless piker.

Chrono is easy, it's just behind the airship, and 2/3 people can carry the whole raid through and keep the pikers in one of the numerous safe zones.

Barkabout wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 7:36pm:
The Master Artificer has always been the least ran raid, followed by The Lord of Blades.

The LoB raid died a horrible death slightly over a year of its release when MoTu killed it, along with the non-epic raids.

The big issue with LoB and MA is the long run to the quests... as well as the loot.... but the loot is moot in such an obsolete pair of raid, so you're left with the fucking 30 minutes run throguh corridors to reach the raids that will be completed in 10 minutes. Better to run Chrono 4 times.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 1:35am:
Titan is the least run raid

I totally forgot about that raid. Yes, it might be the least ran raid in the game.

However, I've seen people try to get a Titan raid together more often than MA, without much success for either one of them.

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #33 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Barkabout wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 8:42am:
I totally forgot about that raid. Yes, it might be the least ran raid in the game.

However, I've seen people try to get a Titan raid together more often than MA, without much success for either one of them.

dunno why, both can be shortmanned.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Reyes.
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #34 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 5:45pm:
  Nobody runs Chrono in heroics at level 6-9 anyways.  It was never run when it was released and probably, if considered separately from Epic Chrono, is the least run raid of all time.   Not even run now that, thanks to power creep, it is manageable at level. 

For what is worth, i run it almost every life heroic chrono at level. Used to put lfms but no one joins and if they do, the usualy cause more trouble. It has a nice chunk of xp and is somewhst of a challenge on some builds.

Tough i agree with you  that raids should be made for cap or near cap lvls, and if devs make more heroic raids they should be f2p  to ibmerse newbies and with good favor and xp to  get old timers to carry them.

IP Logged

Friendship
Korthos Resident

Love me! Please?

Reply #35 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Seriously, this pack blows.

I got it because everyone, at the time, was running it, and I'm nothing if not willing to give in to peer pressure.

I've pulled nothing but those useless orbs and the terrible docents. No armor. And seriously, there's no reason to run this beyond the armor. Black and Blue isn't terrible, but the platform one is horrific.

The raid. I've run this half a dozen times, and hated each and every one. I've never seen someone successfully pull loot from here, so I don't even know how good it is in practice. It's like the developers went "I want to be a dick to the players and I want them to know I'm being a dick, and I want them to know I'm the biggest dick, and I want them to know I'm overcompensating."

At this point I run it once a life (usually) purely so I feel like I'm getting something out of it, but I don't think I'll run it much more.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #36 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 6:40pm:

Side note, was part of a 50 minute heroic reaper TS raid over the weekend.  Should have been been the now standard 10 minutes, but it took forever because there were so many new players who'd never ran it before, I shit you not.

Personal anecdotes aside, players who didn't play the game from 2006-2009 probably haven't run Titan.  Once Epic content was introduced, VoN and DQ got an epic treatment and Reavers Fate, Abbott, Shroud, VOD, and Hound loot stayed at least marginally relevant.  Titan was the first raid to become completely obsolete.  But back in the day, it was run frequently.  That Chattering Ring was the shit.

When Chrono came out, the Epic Chrono was run like mad.  People loved that raid.  Especially because there was no lockout so you could switch characters at the end if you wanted to.  (in the days before bypass timers).  But nobody was messing with heroic Chrono.  In 2009 it was considered to be way to difficult compared to the other content at it's level and dropped ML 5 loot that you can get in the epic version anyways.  So there was zero reason to run it at level.  (Not like 6-8 is really a level range lacking in content options). 

I don't know of any leveling plans for reaper XP or racial/Heroic TR that recommend running heroic chrono.  The XP/min isn't worth it.  Anyone who does is doing it for the fun factor.  It is certainly sub-optimal from an ROI standpoint.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #37 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
I also like the flagging for chrono.. Id do more raids if they were the same way

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #38 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 3:48pm:
Personal anecdotes aside, players who didn't play the game from 2006-2009 probably haven't run Titan.  Once Epic content was introduced, VoN and DQ got an epic treatment and Reavers Fate, Abbott, Shroud, VOD, and Hound loot stayed at least marginally relevant.  Titan was the first raid to become completely obsolete.  But back in the day, it was run frequently.  That Chattering Ring was the shit.

When Chrono came out, the Epic Chrono was run like mad.  People loved that raid.  Especially because there was no lockout so you could switch characters at the end if you wanted to.  (in the days before bypass timers).  But nobody was messing with heroic Chrono.  In 2009 it was considered to be way to difficult compared to the other content at it's level and dropped ML 5 loot that you can get in the epic version anyways.  So there was zero reason to run it at level.  (Not like 6-8 is really a level range lacking in content options). 

I don't know of any leveling plans for reaper XP or racial/Heroic TR that recommend running heroic chrono.  The XP/min isn't worth it.  Anyone who does is doing it for the fun factor.  It is certainly sub-optimal from an ROI standpoint. 

I witnessed it quite differently.
Titan still had some awesome loot up until cannith crafting revamp. +6 stats at lvl 9 was ok. the belt was nice (STR6+GFL), the gloves (UMD+5, disable & open lock +11, arcane dex), Bereavement with 10 seeker as offhand thrower weapon. Possible drop of the royal guard mask in a flagging quest and the helm of free will in the pre is still nice.
But it was never really popular on Orien except with a bunch of people, I give you that.

But chronoscope was run at lvl (heroic) regularly from the start. You had a handful of good players and went in. Before the raid was finished the group filled up. It is nice xp - don't know about reaper tbh - at lvl if you have the right weapons and some heals so you don't waste to much time.

You will laugh at me but the game has to much content, or better obsolete content. You can pick the cherries and to hell with the rest.
And since everyone is on a TR train somehow, because that has become the quintessence of the game for years now, that won't change.

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

exploytoften
Waterworks Kobold

Can i haz yer stuffz?

Reply #39 - Jan 6th, 2018 at 3:36am
Print Post  
This pack sucks. save your points for something better.

My motto is: exploit early, exploit often
YIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint