Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic LOtRO take on Turbine language (Read 1707 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

LOtRO take on Turbine language
Jan 2nd, 2018 at 7:06am
Print Post  
I don'"t remember if it was ever posted here :

http://lotrocommunity.com/forum/topic/3038-turbine-dictionary-of-contemporary-en...

I think we should start doing the same for DDO... At least for the Lolz

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

fork
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: LOtRO take on Turbine language
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 8:24am
Print Post  
Seems like it already (mostly) fits DDO.
Community manager:

"....who, for the great misfortune of game and community, appears to lack in certain social skills to do the designated job properly."

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2018 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Lol.  I hope that was therapeutic for the writer.  There was a lot of angst and hate there.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #3 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 2nd, 2018 at 10:05am:
Lol.  I hope that was therapeutic for the writer.  There was a lot of angst and hate there. 

Seemed reasonably dispassionate to me.

Sapience was a real flaming asshole.

The Rockstars consistently show that they love Their New Systems, and show that the game environment as a whole and the players are secondary to NEW SYSTEMZ.

3.5 years since that glossary was produced, it remains an accurate, objective, and impartial depiction of the culture of DDO.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 2:09pm:
Seemed reasonably dispassionate to me.

Sapience was a real flaming asshole.

The Rockstars consistently show that they love Their New Systems, and show that the game environment as a whole and the players are secondary to NEW SYSTEMZ.

3.5 years since that glossary was produced, it remains an accurate, objective, and impartial depiction of the culture of DDO.

they are going through the same shit that we are with sev and cordo. check out the comments about sev's producer letter ; http://lotrocommunity.com/forum/topic/4056-letter-from-executive-producer-rob-ci...

funny how an entirely different set of people would come to the same conclusion as we have in regards to cordo and sev.

if that many people, over the course of many years, all came to the same conclusion about you, then they must be all wrong. you're the victims here, cord and sev. that many people cant possibly be right. it's not you! it's the thousands of people over the years that are wrong.

some fuckwits can't even take a fucking hint. 

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 3:03pm:
they are going through the same shit that we are with sev and cordo. check out the comments about sev's producer letter ; http://lotrocommunity.com/forum/topic/4056-letter-from-executive-producer-rob-ci...

funny how an entirely different set of people would come to the same conclusion as we have in regards to cordo and sev.

if that many people, over the course of many years, all came to the same conclusion about you, then they must be all wrong. you're the victims here, cord and sev. that many people cant possibly be right. it's not you! it's the thousands of people over the years that are wrong.

some fuckwits can't even take a fucking hint. 

[ET Voice /ON] "Ooouuuuch...." [ET Voice /OFF]  Undecided

IP Logged

goldgolem
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
I had to keep reminding myself that wasnt about DDO when i read it

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer