Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Looking for Heroic and Iconic Arti Builds (Read 1605 times)
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Looking for Heroic and Iconic Arti Builds
Jan 6th, 2018 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
I have one toon I'm planning on doing at least two heroic arti lives and another I'm hoping to do at least one iconic arti life (I'd like to do at least two, but if it turns out to be too big of a pain in the ass, I'm not above heroic TRing him.  But I have more of a backstock of heart seeds than tokens right now, plus I want to grab the double benefit of the iconic past lives - I am understanding that correctly, right?  You get both the iconic and class PL feats?).

Unless Shadar-Kai goes on sale soon, I'm going to use PDK on the iconic for the PRR (I'm sure bladeforged is better, but I'm really not hurting for fortification on any of my builds).

Links are fine, but I need something fairly easy (at least to start) since I haven't played an Arti before.  Preference is one easy build for both.

Here's the equipment I have stashed away:

Flicker
Chimera's Breath
Chulchannad's Claw
Arm of the Archons
Corruption of Nature
Animus
St. Mu'Ray's fire
Epic Arm of the Archons

Not as many crossbows as I thought but I have -

ToEE energized great crossbow
Leverage
Heavy boltslinger

So, what should I keep?  What should I sell?  And what should I be looking for if it's not on my list?

Thanks.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Re: Looking for Heroic and Iconic Arti Builds
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 9:02am
Print Post  
You do indeed get iconic and heroic PL feat when you iconic TR.  Do a juggernaut for the middle life to break up the pew pew pew.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Toke wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 9:02am:
You do indeed get iconic and heroic PL feat when you iconic TR.  Do a juggernaut for the middle life to break up the pew pew pew.

Oh? but thats 15 to 30, instead of 1 to 20.. hms ;c

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #3 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
Strategy:
- Run Iconic character to level 20.  Start running dailies that are fast and offer Tokens of the Twelve as end chest rewards.  (ex. Bargain of Blood, Lords of Dust, Von3, Raiyum, Spies)
- When not running dailies, run your other character thru heroics.

What's your preferred play style?  Spellcaster, Ranged/Melee or Hybrid?

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #4 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 6:25pm:
Strategy:
- Run Iconic character to level 20.  Start running dailies that are fast and offer Tokens of the Twelve as end chest rewards.  (ex. Bargain of Blood, Lords of Dust, Von3, Raiyum, Spies)
- When not running dailies, run your other character thru heroics.

What happens when you legitimately farmed out over 8k Tokens, before dupapalooza, and then acquired even more for shits n giggles? Do you still run dailies with tokens.. XD

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #5 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 2:47am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 6:25pm:

Whatever doesn't require me having 20 task bars Tongue

Melee's my preference but I've gotten a whole lot better at the whole ranged/fighting while running backwards thing (that first Warlock life was brutal though, trying to fight my own instincts to jump in the middle of the crowd to be able to hit everything).

I don't mind long combat sequences, provided I don't have to concentrate on running backwards and not falling off a cliff while doing it - but I prefer it be kept under 10 clickies to do it (7 being the optimal number).

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #6 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 3:27am
Print Post  
for a heroic character, consider also the electric critzilla caster spamming SLAs.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Reply #7 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Vendui wrote on Jan 8th, 2018 at 9:03pm:
What happens when you legitimately farmed out over 8k Tokens, before dupapalooza, and then acquired even more for shits n giggles? Do you still run dailies with tokens.. XD

Then you don't have the issue pointed out in the original post.

Skoodge wrote on Jan 9th, 2018 at 2:47am:
Whatever doesn't require me having 20 task bars Tongue

Melee's my preference but I've gotten a whole lot better at the whole ranged/fighting while running backwards thing (that first Warlock life was brutal though, trying to fight my own instincts to jump in the middle of the crowd to be able to hit everything).

I don't mind long combat sequences, provided I don't have to concentrate on running backwards and not falling off a cliff while doing it - but I prefer it be kept under 10 clickies to do it (7 being the optimal number).

Can you do 20 taskbars, with only 7-10 spots saved for active stuff you use in combat?  Artificer has a metric fuck-ton of buffs that are useful, but not in a middle of combat way.  (I have 2 bars dedicated to weapon buffs that I only use at the entrance to a quest, shrines, and maybe if I know something that requires a specific metal type is coming up.)

For a ranged battle engineer, the main clickies I use are Fire Rune arm (Do yourself a huge favor and take that off the Alt key!), Trip, Sunder, Endless Fusilade, Blade Barrier, Prismatic Strike, Reconstruct, Motes, Blast Rod.  Under secondary buffs (Stuff that's on a bar with no speed key): Displace, Armor of Speed, Know the Angles, Tensors, Weapon Attachment.  The rest of my toolbars are for trapping and buffs that I only need to cast on entry and at shrines.

For a Arcanotech, it would be Rune Arm, SLA Motes, SLA Blast Rod, SLA Lightning Bolt, SLA Sphere, Blade Barrier, Prismatic Strike, and Reconstruct or a Curative Admixture.  If it's a gnome, add in Color Spray.

Stats:
If you have +5 or better tomes, starting DEX is 14. Everything else is in INT and CON.

Skills:
Full investment: Concentration, Haggle, Heal, Disable, Open Lock, Repair, Search, Spellcraft, Spot, UMD
If you have the skill points left: 1 full rank of Tumble, Perform (A couple arti spells have sonic damage.  And, hey, befriend a harpy while leveling.)

Levels 1-7:
Feats: (Both) Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot
Enhancement Tree: Work your way up the Harper Agent Tree, adjusting to your spell load.  Getting Know the Angles and INT to damage is your main priority.

Levels 8-12:
Feats: (Battle Engineer) More ranged stuff and quicken.
Feats: (Arcanotech) Make sure you have Quicken, Maximize and Empower.
Feats: Warforged: Adamantine Body.
Enhancement Tree: (Battle Engineer) Respec Harper to Have INT to Hit and Know the Angles, Invest in Fast rune arm charge, and Endless Fusilade + extra action boots.
Enhancement Tree: (Arcanotech) Respec Harper to Have INT to Hit and Know the Angles, Get your arcanotech SLA and the level 6 arcanotech core, Invest into Battle engineer for fast rune arm charge.  Start zapping the fuck out of things with SLAs and the rune arm, use the repeating crossbow if you hit a cooldown wall.

Work your way up to your tier 5's

Levels 13-20:
Feats: (Battle Engineer) Pick up your metamagics for Blade Barrier kiting, Improved Precise Shot and Quick Draw.
Feats: (Arcanotech) Pick up your Improved Crit and Improved Precise shot.
Enhancements: (Battle Engineer) Work your way up the back up the Harper and Racial trees.
Enhancements: (Arcanotech) Work your way up Battle Engineer for a stable Tier 3 rune arm charge.  Work up racial/harper for spellpower.

If Warforged: Unlock Potential + Front Lines + Versatile Adept is dope.
If Gnome: Arcanotech + Color Spray is dope.

Arcanotech: The key to making this work is that the full chain of Quickened/Maximized/Empowered SLAs will cost around 20 SP total.  If you decide to check out epics, you will kind of hate levels 18-23.  At level 24, you will get Master of Artifice, Blue Dragon Spell Knowledge, Master of Evocation and the 3 barrel cove rune arm, where you will learn to like it again.

Scrolls / High caster level wands: These are your friends while levelling.  While a Warlock has a stupid high UMD score, you actually add caster levels to stuff.  (Ex.  A Mass SR scroll + Whirling Words is an actual useful SR score at level 14.  All your haste potions are at least a 1 minute duration.)

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Reply #8 - Jan 9th, 2018 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Also, if you do Warforged, and you have all your martial PL's done, both the heroic Executioner’s docent and Heartwood are your friend.

And, if you do Arcanotech, the Thrummingspark Cord + Beacon of Magic set have some nice perks.
- Gloves: Quickdraw is great on an arcanotech, 25% concealment is better than blur
- Armor: Hey, the docent works with Adamantine Body and all the bonuses stack!
- Belt: +77 Electrical spell power that stacks with everything.
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2018 at 11:56am by QuantumFX »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint