Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Durk wrote on Nov 8th, 2013 at 5:54pm:
I really wish my modem had tits.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

Collectables Farming Guide (Read 232 times)
  Jan 7th, 2018 at 3:01pm  
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Why? You want to visit me?
Collectables Farming Guide  
I’ve decided to go public with my farming sources.  So if this helps you out and you have a toon or connection on Cannith, please send all donations and tokens of appreciation to Larrio.*

*I could still use a weapon with a sentinel jewel in it.  Mostly I’m looking for augments – I didn’t have an unbound bag back in the day and missed out on hording.  Rubies of ghostbane or Golem Hearts would be great, but really I just need basics like deathblock, feather falling, underwater action, and fear and blindness immunity.  I wouldn’t say no to an otto’s box though Wink

And yes, there is a version of this on the motherboards which has very useful information.  Some might argue too much information.  It lists damn near half the quests in the game that you can farm and what you might be able to find there.

My list is much shorter and concentrates specifically on which quests you need to run for which collectables.  It’s more concise and easier to cut through all the crap to actually know where to farm the higher end collectables without reading through 10 pages of additional comments.

Breaking the Ranks

Farm for –
Hairy Trumpets

You’ll also find – a bunch of crap
Time farming – about 20 seconds for 5 nodes
Best setting – Epic something

Easiest of the bunch and the quickest source of Hairy Trumpets (insert penis joke of your choosing here).  Like most of these quests, you’ll need a high jump skill.   There are 4 collectable nodes inside the fenced area to the left and one just past that area.  Jump in, farm, run out, reset.  I can’t remember which setting is the sweet spot, just alternate between casual to elite until they start dropping and run that setting. 

Desecrated Temple of Vol

Farm for –
Ornate Charms, Ancient Texts, Bone Fragments

You’ll also find – Adventuring Oratorios, Archaic Logbooks
Time farming – about 25 seconds.  You’ll have to wait a few seconds to use DD.
Best setting – EHard (results may vary)

Drop down, turn the lever, run to the right through  the traps (need an agile toon, though casting cocoon before running through helps).  Harvest the 3 nodes at the end, DD out.

Ornate Charms are a pain to farm.  If you get one every 5 runs consider yourself lucky.  Sadly this is the quickest, easiest source I’ve found so far.  I think Charms have a higher drop rate in both Trial By Fire and Fleshmaker’s, but both of those quests are mob heavy, even with invisibility. 

Schemes of the Enemy

Farm for –
Blister Beetles, Warehouse Ledgers

You’ll also find – Bone Fragments, Fractured Femurs, Mortar and Pestle, and a chance at Ornate Charms and Stone Fetishes
Time farming – 3 minutes with practice
Only setting - EE

Most would recommend Last Stand for Blister Beetles.  I hate last stand.  It takes a solid minute of jumping around to farm 3 nodes and you’re mostly going to pull crap.  Schemes has 4 natural nodes with chances to drop Blister Beetles, plus the back pack gives you a chance at an Ornate Charm.  If you don’t have many of the new packs or you’re not running many epic quests and need all the upper tier collectables, I highly recommend taking the time to learn how to farm Schemes.  It takes a little longer but it gives the widest selection of collectables from the 9 nodes.

Skip the gathering of people at the start, go down to the room that lets you into the air ducts (two nodes in that room).  You'll find 3 nodes once you get up and on your way through the ducts.  Drop down to the big room and you'll have 3 more nodes to farm.  Do NOT bother fighting.  Grab the key, unlock the door, run down the hall (one more node on the way), hit the turbines and recall while floating up (or DD), leaving the giant mob chasing you behind.

Epic Wheloon Wilderness Area

Farm for –
Stone Fetishes

You’ll also find – mostly crap
Time farming – under 5 minutes.  Shorter with practice

Think there’s a map on the motherboards somewhere.  Basically just an invisibility run farming the nodes.  It’s pretty straight forward.  Hit Q to find the nodes, head south and collect the first 5 or so nodes, take the tunnel to the west and head north to either harvest 3 or 4 quick nodes or do the full run and harvest 10 plus nodes.  Easiest source of Stone Fetishes in the game.

Eyes of Stone

Farm for –
Romantic Sonnets, Silver Flame Hymnals, House Sealed Letters

You’ll also find – Runic Parchments, Fragrant Drowshood, various soarwoods and beetles, Glass Phials
Time farming – maybe 1 minutes
Best setting – Heroic Elite

I’m not going to spend much time with the old collectables.  That information has been out there for a decade now.  But I will make mention of two quests that spawn what you really need with the new system.

Stone is quick and easy to farm and gives a wide selection of much needed collectables.  You need a high jump skill and invisibility makes it quicker.  You have to “talk” to two NPCs.  Just Q and E them, don’t bother stopping or selecting any of the options.  Once you get the dialog interface up, just keep moving – it’ll disappear.

Head straight to the library area and make the circle.  I think there’s 6 quick nodes of various types.  Hit the last one and DD out or recall (DD will take you out of Lordsmarch Plaza).  This quest is essential for making Charisma items though.

The Enemy Within

Farm for –
Glass Phials, various soarwoods

You’ll also find – Ceramic Bowls, Silver Flame Hymnals, various other
Time Farming – 3 to 5 minutes depending on farmer used
Best setting – Heroic elite

Probably the longest on the list but there’s 22 nodes up in this bitch.  Too long to explain but you’ll figure it out in a few runs.  You can do the short 11 node run but I recommend clearing it all since the second half is no longer than the first.  If you’ve burned through Glass Phials like I did, this is the best place to go to restock.

Mask of Deception

Farm for –
Ancient Text, Archaic Logbook

You’ll also find – Mostly crap, Hairy Trumpets, slim chance at Ornate Charms
Time farming – 1 to 2 minutes
Best Setting – Epic Casual, worth running on various settings

I’m only listing this for people who don’t have the other packs, it’s a decent source for Text and Logbooks and better than the other recommended options (like Tavern Brawl).  Pretty sure most people go for the two node option, I suggest taking the time, opening the first door, talking to the commander and grabbing the first bookcase (it mostly drops crap, but rarely will spawn something decent).  Grab the rubble pile, hit the tavern, then go ahead and head to the barn for the mold node and a chance at a hairy trumpet while you’re there.

Terminal Delirium

Farm for –
Ancient Text, Archaic Logbook

You’ll also find – Bone Fragments and various other crap.  Three chances at Hairy Trumpets.
Time Farming – little longer but under 5 minutes
Best setting – Probably casual, not sure where the sweet spot is

Personally I don’t think this one has enough variety to make it worth wild, but it is a good source for Texts, Logbooks and (in theory, been awhile since I bothered farming it) Ledgers, Communiques, and Oratorios.  I think there’s 11 fairly quick nodes but mostly just lore and nature.  If you’re looking specifically for Lore collectables, it probably is the best farm in the game.  If you don't have knock or can't pick locks, grab an epic rogue hire - you'll need it to pick up 3 to 4 additional nodes (depending if you want to bother with the natural node behind the locked door at the end).

« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2018 at 2:10am by Skoodge »  

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 5:05pm  
Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Central WI
Re: Collectables Farming Guide  
Ur a bit late on this bud.. - https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/478811-This-is-How-To-Farm-the-New-Col...

Also Vol has 4 nodes iirc. One is in the trap, one under stairs, the alter, and then one at the top of stairs.

Instead of running Schemes for Blisters, run EH Small Problem. there are 10 mushroom nodes total, run time is about 90 seconds on my monk.
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2018 at 5:10pm by Vendui »  

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 5:24pm  
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Vendui wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 5:05pm:
Ur a bit late on this bud..

WB by the way, glad to see you weren't working on reading comprehension while you were gone Wink  I mentioned that in the intro...in great detail  Kiss

Instead of running Schemes for Blisters, run EH Small Problem. there are 10 mushroom nodes total, run time is about 90 seconds on my monk.

Fuck me, I'd completely forgotten about the epic version.  That one is just solidly established in my mind as a source for Fragrant Drowshoods that I never even considered checking it for epic drops (which means I should probably check out Partycrashers too since it wasn't bad for farming back in the day too).

Schemes is still a great source for Warehouse Ledgers and various others though, especially (as mentioned) if you spend more time in heroics than epics.  It keeps your piles of useful others well stocked.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jan 7th, 2018 at 5:53pm  
Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Frozen Tundra
But, why farm collectables?

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jan 8th, 2018 at 3:57am  
Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Central WI
Skoodge wrote on Jan 7th, 2018 at 5:24pm:
WB by the way, glad to see you weren't working on reading comprehension while you were gone   I mentioned that in the intro...in great detail 

what the fuck is reading? If its not in the title, its not important.. Right? ^-^

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jan 10th, 2018 at 10:21am  
5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

USA
Precious Cargo.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 7:07am  
Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 10th, 2018 at 10:21am:
Precious Cargo.

3 load screens and you have to recall since there's no entrance to DD to.  There's really nothing in Precious Cargo that you can't farm far more efficiently in the other quests listed.  The only time I can think it would need to be an option is if someone doesn't have a toon that can handle the traps of Vol, then it might be a decent enough alternative.

Also Vol has 4 nodes iirc. One is in the trap, one under stairs, the alter, and then one at the top of stairs.

4th node is on the other side and would slightly more than double the run time for a single collectable.  Far quicker just to farm the 3 on the right side and reset.

A Small Problem was a great suggestion though, I'll add it when I have a little more time.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 9:56am  
5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

USA
Well I wouldn't do it with my keyboard. And monks recall fast.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 1:45am  
Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Central WI
Skoodge wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 7:07am:
3 load screens and you have to recall since there's no entrance to DD to.  There's really nothing in Precious Cargo that you can't farm far more efficiently in the other quests listed.  The only time I can think it would need to be an option is if someone doesn't have a toon that can handle the traps of Vol, then it might be a decent enough alternative.

4th node is on the other side and would slightly more than double the run time for a single collectable.  Far quicker just to farm the 3 on the right side and reset.

A Small Problem was a great suggestion though, I'll add it when I have a little more time.

Yeah, like 5 Foot said, screw your pitiful DD.. Monks will always beat a DD user to exit the dungeon, unless they are shit and dont know how to fast recall..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderator: Strakeln)