Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic U37 - Patch 2 (Read 8079 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: U37 - Patch 2
Reply #25 - Jan 14th, 2018 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Jan 13th, 2018 at 6:30pm:
Agreed, but I don't consider running a few quests to be "complex flagging".

Like I said, I'm of the opinion that it would be reasonable to be able to repeat SC (as well as other quests that require flagging) without having to repeat the flagging if you've done it that life.

I agree on that.  Any quest chain capper (raid or otherwise) should not reset on 1 run.  Just reset on TR. 

They have slowly been bleeding that out of the game.  DQ used to be that way, VON, etc, etc.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #26 - Jan 26th, 2018 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 12:07pm:
Now how about permanent flagging for all raids so I never have to set foot in Let Sleeping Dust Lie ever fucking again?

Love the bookbinder change. Don't let squishy NPC die quests suck.

/Signed on both!

I didn't mind Bookbinder, but in general I find the "don't let X die" quests unimaginative and fickle.

I hate to give SSG any ideas, but if it existed I might actually choose the option "Spend 1 astral shard to bind Commander Tesara with duct tape and lean her against the rest shrine until the battle is over".

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Petik
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 6:00am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jan 26th, 2018 at 10:41pm:
/Signed on both!

I didn't mind Bookbinder, but in general I find the "don't let X die" quests unimaginative and fickle.

I hate to give SSG any ideas, but if it existed I might actually choose the option "Spend 1 astral shard to bind Commander Tesara with duct tape and lean her against the rest shrine until the battle is over".

Yeah i feel the same. Nothing against "keep alive" quests in general. But some of them in DDO are really shitty + shitty NPC AI + some champs spawns makes them literally crap in some situations.
I dont mind if i have to make decisions and change tactics because my goal is not only kill but also protect. But when you spend 15 mins in quest that suddenly fails in split of second because stupid NPC AI charges some champs even when specifically told not to do such thig. Thats just not fun.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #28 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 10:46am
Print Post  
Meursault wrote on Jan 26th, 2018 at 10:41pm:

I solved that particular problem by never running that quest.

Works every time.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

RolyPoly
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 11:13am
Print Post  
I'm kind of amazed this is even a "problem" for some people. Take her out the gate to the left, all the way back to the edge of the map. There is a pillar there that you can stick her behind. Tell her to stay and she'll never move and mobs never find her.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #30 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 11:22am
Print Post  
RolyPoly wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 11:13am:
I'm kind of amazed this is even a "problem" for some people. Take her out the gate to the left, all the way back to the edge of the map. There is a pillar there that you can stick her behind. Tell her to stay and she'll never move and mobs never find her.

You can also park her there and just wait out the 15 minute timer for the ogre to appear at the opposite end of the map, down the road away from the stronghold.

1 kill completion.

The problem isn't dealing with the Captain, it's that the whole quest is a pointless time sink.

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #31 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Ah, timed quests...  Grin Roll Eyes

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint