Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Best wizard build right now(Rofeghender) (Read 8837 times)
UnknownBuilder
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Best wizard build right now(Rofeghender)
Jun 5th, 2019 at 7:44pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Ioun
Dragon Raider

Daddy don't hurt me.

Re: Best wizard build right now(Rofeghender)
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2019 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Actually seems like a good build from the people who run this split, but I have yet to test it out personally.

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2019 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
UnknownBuilder wrote on Jun 5th, 2019 at 7:44pm:

What makes this the best wizard build compared to the half-dozen other ways you could build a Wizard?

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 12:19am
Print Post  
wow he's gotten so lazy about reposting people's builds he's just putting up the damn link XD

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Not that big of a fan of that build.  Also the video to show it off was R1? Also no metamagic feats?

I ran a pure wiz, 2 wpn fighting with Vistani secondary tree and it dominated.  Was doing R3 or R4 with ease at that level.

The jump between 18 wiz and 20 wiz if going EK is massive. If you want DPS you pretty much gotta go pure. Also you gotta have max/emp as nuking is super worth now with the new level 9 dmg spells.

EK 41, Pale master 11/21, 12 in Harper, rest in Vistani. I should really make a video of it soon.  It's really nice.

IP Logged

UnknownBuilder
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 12:42am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 12:30am:
I ran a pure wiz, 2 wpn fighting with Vistani secondary tree and it dominated.  Was doing R3 or R4 with ease at that level.

Post that build bro plz Smiley

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #6 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 7:42am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 12:30am:
Not that big of a fan of that build.  Also the video to show it off was R1? Also no metamagic feats?

The jump between 18 wiz and 20 wiz if going EK is massive. If you want DPS you pretty much gotta go pure. Also you gotta have max/emp as nuking is super worth now with the new level 9 dmg spells.

EK 41, Pale master 11/21, 12 in Harper, rest in Vistani. I should really make a video of it soon.  It's really nice.

This. The difference between 18 and cap is rather amusing.

I tested this as a sorc EK prior to tieflings and man; using fire savants capstone to bypass immunities was great and all. But having EK's capstone is a worlds difference in DPS. Especially in epics and legendary reaper.

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 7:42am:
This. The difference between 18 and cap is rather amusing.

I tested this as a sorc EK prior to tieflings and man; using fire savants capstone to bypass immunities was great and all. But having EK's capstone is a worlds difference in DPS. Especially in epics and legendary reaper.

Some quick numbers on this to put it in perspective:

Level 18 gives 6d10 for an average of 33 dmg per proc on spellsword damage.

Level 20 gives 7d12 for an average of 45.5 per proc.  So a difference of 12.5 damage per proc.  Considering I was reaching 1200 average spellpower at cap last I ran this that is a x13 factor on the 12.5 for 162.5 more elemental damage per proc.  Then think about the effect of 2 wpn fighting and doublestrike on that and you gotta ask yourself what possible benefit 2 levels of some class can give you that outweighs that.

Then you get the benefit of Eldritch Power about 25% to 35% of the time.  During Eldritch Power you are doing 11d12 damage or 71.5 damage per proc for a difference of (71.5-33) 38.5 damage per proc over a level 18 EK. After spellpower that is 500 more damage per proc than a level 18 can do. This doesn't even take into effect the bonus 10% to all damage it gives, nor the bonus universal spellpower.  Considering what a huge portion of your damage your spellsword proc is, during the Eldritch Power duration (30 seconds) you are doing very close to double the damage a level 18/2 split is doing. Cray cray.
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2019 at 2:08pm by Ulysses »  

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #8 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 2:06pm:
Some quick numbers on this to put it in perspective:

Level 18 gives 6d10 for an average of 33 dmg per proc on spellsword damage.

Level 20 gives 7d12 for an average of 45.5 per proc.  So a difference of 12.5 damage per proc.  Considering I was reaching 1200 average spellpower at cap last I ran this that is a x13 factor on the 12.5 for 162.5 more elemental damage per proc.  Then think about the effect of 2 wpn fighting and doublestrike on that and you gotta ask yourself what possible benefit 2 levels of some class can give you that outweighs that.

Then you get the benefit of Eldritch Power about 25% to 35% of the time.  During Eldritch Power you are doing 11d12 damage or 71.5 damage per proc for a difference of (71.5-33) 38.5 damage per proc over a level 18 EK. After spellpower that is 500 more damage per proc than a level 18 can do. This doesn't even take into effect the bonus 10% to all damage it gives, nor the bonus universal spellpower.  Considering what a huge portion of your damage your spellsword proc is, during the Eldritch Power duration (30 seconds) you are doing very close to double the damage a level 18/2 split is doing. Cray cray.

Stop making me want to play an EK again. It's still a complete noob trap. Especially with the destiny pass not really adding anything to help EKs.

That being said; my scoundrel bard is about to hit ludicrous levels of sonic per swing.

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Edrein wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 5:41pm:
Stop making me want to play an EK again. It's still a complete noob trap.

Challenge accepted. If by noob trap you mean can't solo content R5 or higher then I agree.  But if you want something that can plow through epic content on R4 or less with ease, even solo, then they are great.

I like to play them in undead form because of the syngergy.  Let's look at the numbers:

80 profane
15 artifact
40 insight
20 PM enhancement
40 darkhallow set 2 piece filigree
20 inevitable grave filigree
10 new bard fatesinger buff
225 neg healing amp

Death Aura aveage tick is 20 (with master of death feat)
Lesser Death aura tick is 2.5
Duration is 2min 48 seconds
Wellspring of Power cool down 3 mins so you get benefit of Wellspring every time you cast your healing auras.

With Wellspring of Power negative spell power hits roughly 1400 at end game for a 15 times factor. Honestly with buffs to Spellsinger I think spell power might be more but i'll stick with a x15 factor.

22.5 aura ticks per 3 seconds x 15 is 337.5 dmg and healing around you every 3 seconds.
337.5 times 3.25 for neg amp= just about 1100 healing every 3 seconds.
You end up with over a 60% chance for spell crit and over 3 times crit dmg (with Scion of Fire and Wellspring active) but i'll round that to just 3 times crit damage for another factor of
1100 * (1+(.6 *2)) equals 2,420 healing every 3 seconds. (Crits also push up your aura damage to about 750 to everything around you every 3 seconds).

So 2,420 healing every 3 seconds in Legendary Elite.  Reaper healing factor on R4 is 42% so 2,420*.42= 1,016.4 healing per 3 seconds.

But wait, there's more.  New Darkhallow filligree set gives 1d6 healing per hit.  At 3.5 average per hit that is roughly 150 dmg per swing in heals (non reaper) without taking Wellspring into consideration.  Even if there is the internal cooldown of 2 seconds on this heal that is still useful.

I think I convinced myself to run this next life.

PS- New fatesinger gets rid of ALL arcane spell failure so can run in full armor set if you want with this amount of healing lol.

Edit- for fun added numbers for Neg energy burst heal:

Negative Energy burst does 115 average damage with master of the dead feat.
115 x 13.5 factor (no Wellspring)
1,552.5 x 3.25 hamp=
5,045 healing from Neg energy burst
x.42 for R4
2,119 healing every 3.5 seconds if needed (can add max/emp/intensify if needed)
« Last Edit: Jun 6th, 2019 at 7:21pm by Ulysses »  

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 7:11pm:

Is that finally working? That's fantastic news if so.

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jun 6th, 2019 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
I ran one about 6 months ago and was pretty sure my healing numbers went up. Not 100% sure though. I can test next time I run this build. You never know with SSG.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #12 - Jun 7th, 2019 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Ah, I've yet to run a wizard EK since the revamp. I've stuck to sorcerer because they tend to be better backup blasters at endgame low skulls.

Additionally the 'better' races for EK are charisma based; dragonboring and tieflings respectively.

I've been waiting for the supposed PM pass; that might or might not be in U43 according to Lynabel's teasing on the forums though I doubt it with the ED pass occuring during the same update. If vampire doesn't get scaling lifesteal as a change, then no amount of darkhallow 2cd lifesteal is going to really change things.

There's also a mile long list of abilities that should heal multiclassed undead on the player's council that I composed and proposed years ago. Only one that's gotten addressed since then was the Sustaining Song change for bards.

IP Logged

Ioun
Dragon Raider

Daddy don't hurt me.

Reply #13 - Jun 7th, 2019 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Jun 6th, 2019 at 7:11pm:
Challenge accepted. If by noob trap you mean can't solo content R5 or higher then I agree.  But if you want something that can plow through epic content on R4 or less with ease, even solo, then they are great.

I like to play them in undead form because of the syngergy.  Let's look at the numbers:

80 profane
15 artifact
40 insight
20 PM enhancement
40 darkhallow set 2 piece filigree
20 inevitable grave filigree
10 new bard fatesinger buff
225 neg healing amp

Lesser Death aura tick is 2.5
Duration is 2min 48 seconds
Wellspring of Power cool down 3 mins so you get benefit of Wellspring every time you cast your healing auras.

With Wellspring of Power negative spell power hits roughly 1400 at end game for a 15 times factor. Honestly with buffs to Spellsinger I think spell power might be more but i'll stick with a x15 factor.

22.5 aura ticks per 3 seconds x 15 is 337.5 dmg and healing around you every 3 seconds.
337.5 times 3.25 for neg amp= just about 1100 healing every 3 seconds.
You end up with over a 60% chance for spell crit and over 3 times crit dmg (with Scion of Fire and Wellspring active) but i'll round that to just 3 times crit damage for another factor of
1100 * (1+(.6 *2)) equals 2,420 healing every 3 seconds. (Crits also push up your aura damage to about 750 to everything around you every 3 seconds).

So 2,420 healing every 3 seconds in Legendary Elite.  Reaper healing factor on R4 is 42% so 2,420*.42= 1,016.4 healing per 3 seconds.

But wait, there's more.  New Darkhallow filligree set gives 1d6 healing per hit.  At 3.5 average per hit that is roughly 150 dmg per swing in heals (non reaper) without taking Wellspring into consideration.  Even if there is the internal cooldown of 2 seconds on this heal that is still useful.

I think I convinced myself to run this next life.

PS- New fatesinger gets rid of ALL arcane spell failure so can run in full armor set if you want with this amount of healing lol.

Edit- for fun added numbers for Neg energy burst heal:

Negative Energy burst does 115 average damage with master of the dead feat.
115 x 13.5 factor (no Wellspring)
1,552.5 x 3.25 hamp=
5,045 healing from Neg energy burst
x.42 for R4
2,119 healing every 3.5 seconds if needed (can add max/emp/intensify if needed)

Now you're making me want to TR into an EK sometime in the near future

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #14 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Nothing like Von r1 to demonstrate build effectiveness in 2019.
Show how well it works in 8 - 10 skulls epics or it's not worth posting. What's wrong with you.
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2019 at 1:16pm by Wipe »  

IP Logged

UnknownBuilder
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 1:15pm:
Nothing like Von r1 to demonstrate build effectiveness in 2019.
Show how well it works in 8 - 10 skulls epics or it's not worth posting. What's wrong with you.

Dude the air from r10 would kill any of your weak ass builds lol. Sit tf down noob BETA

IP Logged

Gramh_the_Bard
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
UnknownBuilder wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:39pm:
Dude the air from r10 would kill any of your weak ass builds lol. Sit tf down noob BETA

Now now don't quote someone and then shit on yourself

IP Logged

Ioun
Dragon Raider

Daddy don't hurt me.

Reply #17 - Jun 8th, 2019 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
UnknownBuilder wrote on Jun 8th, 2019 at 2:39pm:

Didnt you just dog your own build then

IP Logged

Nub
Korthos Resident

Reply #18 - Jun 9th, 2019 at 6:52am
Print Post  
Its a fun split for sure, but idk if this variants feat and enchancement choice is the best.

WF version is much better offensively, because PM is an AP hole to essentally get self healing; trade off is that PM (can be) a better DC caster and more defensive.

Currently Darkhallow gives hp back per hit, no cooldown, just like scion of shadowfel.

Tempest off wraps currently hits exactly like whirlwind. I think that might trump slightly more elemental damage from a slower attack animation.

Oc, pure 2wf could easy offhand a caster stick making DC gearing easier...

IP Logged

scut207
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
I ran the PM-EK-Harpers wiz last life in a low reaper group as a toaster. TWF with battle axes and Knights training. 

I only had somewhere around 12 reaper points and no Racial points, +6 tomes, still not EPL completionist, but had 3xbrace and 3xCotQ.

It was fairly good at all levels, got a huge power/ boost at level 10 since you can equip the beacon of magic set as heavy armor using adamantine feat.

constraints: it was prior to sharn, which has its own set that would work nicely, had 2 other Wizzies with me running PM, so healing was much more evened out, as one of us always had it running. 

We only had a few issues from light casters, clerics in GH ect. 

When I played solo at epics I would swap out of PM and slot in reconstruct which I found to be a really great spell that goes off much faster than any sort of heal.

The PM healing was alright, I didnt min max the gear for it as I was trying to play more defensive than offensive. but there were many quests were my group just ran behind as I cleared the dungeon.

It got a little tight when the mob targeted would step slightly outside melee range when in knights controller and epic defensive fighting and I was trying to do neg energy burst.  so I found it easier to go full bot mode with the swap. prob just need to get gud.

overall I am going to run this build again next life with a dew more tweaks.  Theres enough -asf in the EK t0 tree that I had 0 ASF in heavy armor as a toaster.

IP Logged

UnknownBuilder
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Jun 20th, 2019 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
BEST

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint