Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic PDK inquisitive build help (Read 2217 times)
ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

PDK inquisitive build help
Aug 12th, 2020 at 5:31am
Print Post  
I'm trying to think of a good way to do a PDK inquistive build as I need PDK lives and i've already done 3x fighter lives.

From what I can tell, the best inquistive builds all take at least 2 levels of artificer for runearms and 6 levels of ranger for sniper shot. Or two levels of rogue for evasion.

Unfortunately, PDK has to start with 1 level of fighter which makes this difficult.

The main options i can think of are :

-At least 10 levels of artificer. Something like Artificer 12/Ranger 6/Fighter 2, but this won't have evasion. Artificer 10/ranger 9/fighter 1 works too but is rather awkard.

-Rogue 12/ranger 6/fighter 2. Won't have runearms and can't take empower healing for rejuv cocoon in epics.

Anyone have any suggestions?

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Re: PDK inquisitive build help
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 6:17am
Print Post  
I'm not an expert by any means but I'd planned 10Rgr/8Ftr/2Art for the two PDK/Rgr lives I'm doing next. My only worry is how miserably slow the run speed will be so I may still edit to improve that.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 8:17am
Print Post  
Why that split specifically? You arent concerned about missing out on sniper shot? If you want ranger lives, ranger 12/rogue 6/arty 2 or ranger 12/fighter 4/arty 4 might work. Ranger 12 gets you IPS and evasion so you dont need to go rogue for int to damage.

Edit : I found a build on the forums where someone used 11 ap in assassin to get assassin's trick to remove sneak attack immunity. It doesn't seem very efficient however, as that is a dagger focused tree and i dont believe it bluffs the target like sniper shot does.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2020 at 8:36am by ManyCookies »  

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #3 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
I think from memory it was a process of elimination after playing with some level splits. Some influences on the decision were;

* More Rgr levels than anything else to get those past lives finished
* Have to take a Ftr level anyway to get the PDK life so into 8Ftr for the goodies at L8 and more feats to cover feat losses elsewhere
* 2Art for the bolts, runearm, lever pull, etc

I'll be doing a few Rog based inquisitive Shadar-Kai lives at some point anyway in this character's journey and have a 17/2/1 at cap so wasn't fussed about the extra DPS. I will miss the run speed bump though and may still switch some levels out for Rog instead. Yes Assassin's Trick is noticeably nice imo. I'm hitting it as soon as it's off cooldown.

Won't I get Sniper Shot anyway? I thought it was the third core so Ranger L6?

Edit: Oh yes, I fancied doing some lives with Shot on the Run too, because the character doesn't have a lot of past lives and so to hit in e.g. Sharn is sometimes a bit shitty. The PDK/Ftr feats seem to give me enough to cover basics and that as a nice to have.
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2020 at 3:31pm by kum-gulp »  

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 12th, 2020 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
My bad, i misread, I thought you were doing rogue as the main.

Yea if you are doing ranger as your main, then you want to take ranger 12. Ranger 11 gives you IPS for free and ranger 12 lets you take the 12th level core for +1 sneak attack dice.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

Reply #5 - Aug 13th, 2020 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Oh cheers I'd not thought of that. Not sure I'll have a route to reliably get sneak as I solo but I'll look at the tradeoff, thank you!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #6 - Aug 13th, 2020 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Fighter is pretty nice because of how heavily front-loaded it is, 2 lvls gets you 2 extra feats, what other heroic PLs do you need?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Aug 14th, 2020 at 2:23am
Print Post  
I was hoping to get artificer next for more UMD. But other than that, i was hoping to combine them with iconics.

I'm doing aasimar scourge + ranger lives at the moment. I'm probably going to run inquis builds with PDK, shadar kai and tiefling scoundrel. Maybe bladeforged as well, not sure what to do with that.

I've got fighter, barb, monk, druid, paladin and ranger lives at the moment.

So one thing I could do is :

Shadar kai artificer 12/ranger 6/rogue 2

PDK rogue 12/ranger 6/fighter 2

I really like the shadar kai split, but the PDK wouldn't get runearms, empower healing and would have to spend 1 more ap in inquistive to get conjure bolts. Dont really see a way around it though.
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2020 at 2:24am by ManyCookies »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint